Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Journals: Powered Characters
[Corrupt] Kamacite of Solar Flares • Yuuri Matsunaga Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:40 pm

User Image

Name: Yuuri Matsunaga
    Nickname: N/A
    Birthday: April 17th, 1998
    Sign: Aries
    Gemstone: Diamond
    Blood Type: B-
    Fav. Food: French pastries
    Hated Food: Liquorice
    School: DCU for Cinematography

HOBBIES

Archery - Originally archery was just something Yuuri was interested in because he knew his father used to be good at it when he was younger. Over the years of continuing the sport for both leisure and competition, Yuuri discovered that archery was a good way to center himself. Although he still competes, he uses archery primarily as a form of meditation to calm his sometimes overactive mind.

Video Editing - One of his biggest passions, Yuuri has been editing videos since he was a kid. He enjoys being able to create a story through film and music, and would like to do something in dealing with video editing for a career. He mostly does it for fun, but now that he has started college he expects to be able to use these skills for the many projects to come.

Skiing - Another way of centering himself, Yuuri picked up skiing very recently and has not developed much skill for it yet. He was coerced into signing up for the elective by some of his classmates, and after some initial hesitation he discovered that it is really quite peaceful and went as far as to buy his own skis and season pass. He doesn’t have any plans on doing it more than just for recreation.

PERSONALITY

Generous - Yuuri has a gentle heart and he hates seeing other people suffering in any way. He would willingly give up the last of what he had if it got someone out of a bad situation. He understands that his generosity can be taken advantage of, but that doesn’t stop him from trying to help someone out.

Polite - Well mannered and respectful, Yuuri understands the importance of ones behavior and speech, especially in social situations. He shows consideration for others and does what he can to make others feel at ease, even at the sacrifice of his own comfort.

Obedient - Raised not to talk back, to listen to his elders, to follow rules, to obey the law; Yuuri quietly and efficiently does what he is told. He knows his place and will keep his head down. The only time he ever rebelled was to refuse to follow in his father’s footsteps as a businessman, but that was mostly for self preservation since he knew his step-mother would make his life miserable if he took the opportunity from his younger half brother, her son.

Observant - Quietly waiting and watching is something Yuuri believes he does best. He likes to people watch and try to place himself in their shoes, living their lives. He pays attention to body language and gestures and inflection in tone of voice, aided by his fluency in Japanese, English, French, Italian, and Russian, and enjoys studying other languages on the side.

Insecure - Despite his accomplishments in archery, his developed skills in video editing, his talents for languages, and his high grades, Yuuri still feels inadequate and mediocre as a person in general. He has low self esteem and tends to shy away from social interaction if possible. He acknowledges that he is a disappointment to his family and has let his other, more useful talents go to waste, but does not have the outgoing personality suited for business interactions.

Timid - Used to traveling from one place to another, Yuuri has never had the opportunity to really develop any close relationships with people. He was sent to boarding school in Switzerland for a few years, and then due to a business deal his father had and wanted to keep in good standing, he was sent to France to study. Being as observant as he is, it always seems to place him on edge, causing him to react a bit needlessly to unexpected noises or actions. As a joke, some more cruel in their intentions than others, his family nicknamed him “mouse”.

Indulgent - If someone wants him to do something, Yuuri will do it with hardly any question. Same goes for when people do things and expect him to go along with it. He will rarely if ever tell someone they shouldn’t do something, or try to stop them from being destructive or disruptive. It’s none of his business anyway. As long as he stays out of the spotlight, people can do what they want. Even if that means he aids them in their endeavors.

Disenchanted - Yuuri’s life has been filled with expectations he never meant to achieve, even though he recognizes his talents and still feels inadequate. Distancing himself from the pressure and expectations of his family, mostly for fear of retaliation from his step-mother, keeps him safe from disappointing them even further. To others, he seems uninterested in things, especially since he prefers to watch and listen instead of injecting himself into conversations, convinced he knew too little to add anything of importance.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Eyes: Black
    Hair: Black
    Physique: 5'7" and lanky/thin. Long limbs and physically unimpressive. About 110lbs soaking wet.
    Face: Half Japanese, half Scandinavian descent. Appears dominantly Japanese but with higher cheekbones and a slimmer nose.
    Clothes: Trousers and cardigans are no stranger to his wardrobe. He does not like just wearing jeans and teeshirts and prefers a more put together look.

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 pm

User Image

Senshi: Sailor Kamacite, Corrupted Senshi of Solar Flares
      *Note: The sphere deals with sudden, rapid, and intense variation in brightness, the magnetic energy that has built up in the solar atmosphere that is suddenly released, and the flare of white light that does not contain deadly radiation or solar energetic particles associated with cosmic rays. Though solar flares release radiation, it is not used in the magic and will have no impact on how I intend to play the sphere.

Challenge:
      It's hard to see a way out, isn't it?
      Underestimate me. That'll be fun.
      Confused? Let me enlighten you.
      I'll leave you all enlightened.
      But that's Tien's thing!

Fuku Colour: Navy
      Main Color: Orange, Red-orange
      Secondary Color: Purple (very limited yellow)

Attacks:

Sailor Scout Attack: Solar Flare
      There is a brilliant flash of light causing temporary but immediate disorientation and blindness that fades into horribly spotty vision; can last upwards of twenty seconds. The attack does not cause physical damage and is intended as a diversion or distraction. Has an effect radius of 8 feet (although the flash can be seen as one would see any flash), and can be used three times.

Super Sailor Scout Attack: Solar Maximum
      There is a brilliant flash of light causing temporary but immediate disorientation and blindness that fades into horribly spotty vision; can last upwards of thirty seconds. Additionally, devices with an electrical or magnetized charge (street lights, phones, cameras, etc) suddenly do not work during those thirty seconds. There have been cases of street light bulbs bursting from the electromagnetic surge. The attack does not cause physical damage and is intended as a diversion or distraction, as well as a hindrance. Has an effect radius of 10 feet (although the flash can be seen as one would see any flash), and can be used three times.

Super Sailor Scout Attack: Solar Minimum - Acquired Enhancement
      All light, natural and artificial, is disrupted and temporarily absorbed into a single orb over five seconds until complete darkness. Devices with an electrical or magnetized charge (street lights, phones, cameras, etc) in the immediate area are also disrupted and the energy absorbed into the orb. Upon releasing the built up energy at an opponent, the orb explodes in a flash of light and electrical discharge that could cause heat and/or electrical burns (can be just the sensation or actual/lasting damage up to player discretion) in addition to temporary blindness and disorientation, which can last upwards of thirty seconds. Light and electrical in the area is immediately restored upon the orb exploding. It does not have to make contact with something to explode. It can be dispelled by Kamacite without exploding if necessary. Has an effect radius of 10 feet (although the flash can be seen as one would see any flash), and can be used twice. Discovered IC here.

Eternal Sailor Attack: Shock Breakout
      There is a brilliant flash of light causing temporary but immediate disorientation and blindness that fades into horribly spotty vision; can last upwards of forty-five seconds. In addition to the previous issues with electrical and battery charged devices, the heat of the flash causes the sensation of moderate to severe burns, as well as the sensation of clothing and armor being heated to uncomfortable levels. There is also biochemical damage caused by the electromagnetic surge in the form of nausea, dizziness, headaches, and/or a decreased level of consciousness depending on the opponent. The potential for actual sunburns or lasting physical or biochemical damage is up to player discretion and, if desired, may require extended time to heal. Has an effect radius of 12 feet (although the flash can be seen as one would see any flash), and can be used once, twice as a last resort.

Permanent Items | Enhancements:

Engraved Medallion - An antique medallion with some strange, foreign symbols scrawled on the back.
      The magic can only be activated and used on the owner of the medallion. The medallion allows the wearer to suppress their own energy signature by one level for up to three hours a day. First stage characters will feel like civilians; while this item has little effect on Mauvians in their cat form, it will suppress their energy signature as if they were a human civilian if activated while they are in their humanoid form. Youma will have the energy signature of a human civilian.

Rugose Pendant - A blackened, wrinkled rock set into a silver pendant with an indigo glow trapped inside.
      It can be found discarded in Negaspace or the Rift. To use the item, an agent or Negaverse senshi must energy drain the rock. Once drained, the rock will crack and disintegrate. The rock's violet light will then envelop the user, cloaking them in the appearance of a youma. A youma aura will overwhelm the user's natural aura, though it will not disguise their aura. Their youma appearance must adhere to youma guidelines for personal or player youma. The user does not gain any special abilities while under the effects of the item, and their current abilities are not typically hampered by the item. The Rugose Pendant's effects last until the character powers down or until 3 hours have passed, whichever is sooner. The Pendant may be used once a day.

Cosmic Companion - XXXXXXXXXX

Upgrade to Super:

Upgrade to Eternal:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:53 pm

User Image

ORDER

Hermes - I hope I never run into you again. Terrifying illusion magic.
            Sessrumnir - Has a phantom wolf to do his bidding. Next time I'll be strong enough to not need to run.

CHAOS

Wolfeite - My General. My life is yours to do as you will, but you know nothing about me.
            Aue - Perhaps I was wrong about you. I don't feel worthy enough to be called your packmate.
            Negaverse informant for my General, and who appears to believe he holds favor with. We shall see who is more valuable.
            Faustite - Part youma and very warm to the touch. You're not as tough as you pretend to be.
            Tiberius - You might seem helpful, but I suspect it's self-preservation rather than really caring. I don't trust you.
            Tourmaline - Part of the Pack. Strong and intimidating.
            Ochre - His memories were lost. Looking for his brother.
            Another Negaverse senshi. Offered to help if needed.

CIVILIANS

Lauri Virtainen - Has gone out of his way countless times to help me. I don't know what he sees in me, but I don't want to disappoint him.
            Helped rescue me from being stuck in a fence. Finnish and not horrible company, even if he's somewhat intimidating.
            Eion Risk - Have you finally realized how similar we are?
            Aelius - All asians look the same... now all black haired teenage boys look the same...
            Adrien Davids - I know you won't understand. I'm sorry.
            My charmingly energetic boyfriend.
            Your seemingly genuine kindness astonishes me. I appreciate it more than I can express.

Kavinsky - Terrifying Russian man. Has had to deal with my inability to do anything on more than one occasion.
            Pasi Järvinen - Terrifying Finnish man. Engineer. Not very nice, but not cruel. Seems to like things simple and to the point. Would rather not get on his bad side.
            Elex Yorke - You've looked down your nose at me, but we're really just the same.

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:57 pm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:59 pm

The kanji for Yuuri's name is written as 優利, meaning tenderness, gentleness, superiority and advantage, benefit, profit.

His mother's name is Tatiana and she passed away when he was still young. He doesn't remember her and doesn't know how she died. She was blonde and fair skinned and of Scandinavian descent. She and his father met in school while studying in France.

His father's name is Daichi and he is a business executive of a large company. He has never been around enough to convince Yuuri that he ever really cared. Yuuri's step-mother's name is Setsuko, and he's terrified of her and her mother. Yuuri has a half-brother named Haruki, younger than him by five years. Haruki is expected to walk in their father's footsteps.

He has poor eyesight and hates wearing glasses. He never learned how to swim because swimming with contacts is near impossible, and his vision is bad enough to make him too disoriented in the water. He avoids large bodies of water if he can help it.

While he is underweight almost to the point of being unhealthy, no matter how much he eats (while his appetite lasts), he can't seem to gain weight. He is very embarrassed by his physical appearance.

Although he has a talent for languages, he doesn't actively try to make use of it. Other than Japanese, he speaks fluent English, French, Russian, and Italian. He casually studies other languages on the side.

Yuuri is right handed and right eye dominant.

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:02 pm

User Image - gift from Kuro
Yuuri and Adrien by Ami - gift from Kuro
Yuuri and Adrien by Guine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Music:
Mercury — Sleeping at Last
Empty Gold — Halsey
As It Seems — Lily Kershaw
Quiet the Mind — IAMX
Take This Lonely Heart — Nothing But Thieves  

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:06 pm
Sailor Kamuy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Official Art + Concept © Natsube + Guine
Yuuri Matsunaga/Kamacite © Guine
Layout Inspiration © Sunshine Alouette + kuropeco
Fanart © Each respective artist

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Journals: Powered Characters

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash