It wasn’t the first time Yuuri had been completely and utterly nervous crossing the threshold to Adrien’s apartment, but this time it was for a completely different reason than the last. The last time he’d been this nervous was when he first met Adrien; this strange man who had dragged him back to his apartment after they’d both gotten soaking wet out in the rain.

Adrien had shown him, a complete stranger, probably more kindness that afternoon than he’d received from his family in his lifetime. It sounded pretty pathetic when Yuuri thought about it, which was why he tried not to think about it, but it was true. He was so starved for affection that he didn’t even realize he needed it until Adrien showed him just a little.

And now he couldn’t get the man out of his head. He knew very well that Adrien was older than him, by at least a few years, but Yuuri didn’t think that should matter. Besides, he’d just agreed to go out with Adrien, and that was completely okay, even if it made Yuuri super anxious about ruining things or doing something wrong.

Which was why he was nervous now; he had no idea what to expect since, probably embarrassingly, Adrien was the first to actually show interest in him. He carefully slid the strap of his bag over top of his head and carefully set it down under the table next to the couch where his computer would be less likely to be crushed, and looked around the apartment that was growing increasingly familiar.

It was covered in clothes and dishes and clutter everywhere, and yet aside from picking up a pair of pants that he was about to step on and set them over the back of the couch, Yuuri made no comment about it all. Instead, he turned to watch Adrien, making sure there wasn’t anything he could do to assist him.

“I’m okay with ordering food, if you are. I can pay,” he offered, figuring that was the least he could do since Adrien agreed to let him stay with him that night.

Adrien was trying very hard not to let the rapid beating of his heart show, but he was pretty sure that it was deafening as he locked the front door, dropping his own bag carelessly onto the ground beside the mat that he generally kicked his shoes off onto. Bracing a hand against the wall to keep his balance, Adrien unlaced one, then the other, and shuffled them away haphazardly.

“Chinese!” Adrien said in delight, and this was good, because food was something he could think about, food was something he could concentrate on other than the fact that Yuuri was at his place, and Yuuri was going out with him, and Yuuri was going to sleep over, and oh, boy, he was in over his head, and he knew it. Especially after Definitely Not Thinking about Yuuri in the shower a week ago and Definitely Not Thinking about how he’d just had Yuuri up against a hedgerow to kiss him, the gentle feel of fingers against his jaw still reverberating in Adrien’s mind.

He needed to think. Thinking was hard. Thinking had always been hard, Adrien’s thoughts fizzing this way and that as he tried to sort through them.

“Uh - here - “

He was in the kitchen, Adrien rummaging around in one of the (many) junk drawers. He tugged out a series of rumpled menus and carried them over to Yuuri, thrusting all five or six of them at Yuuri with a bright, eager smile on his slightly flushed face.

“I can never decide, I like everything, though, all of these are really great to order from, though.”

Yuuri tried not to watch Adrien too carefully as he leaned over to unlace and take off his shoes, and how he casually shuffled them out of the way. He also tried not to pay too close attention to how Adrien’s face was still somewhat flushed, or the way he rummaged through the drawer to find the menus.

It was difficult, because he liked watching people already, and Adrien was incredibly interesting to him. He was chaotic and disorganized - but the longer Yuuri watched him, the more he wondered just how much of that disorganization was really a bad thing. Yes, his apartment was a mess, and Yuuri had every intention of straightening up for him, but he couldn’t help but wonder if it was a comfort for Adrien to have things everywhere. Maybe keeping things too organized was just as suffocating to him as being too disorganized was somewhat uncomfortable for Yuuri.

He blinked in surprise when Adrien pushed the menus into his hands, and he quickly grabbed hold of them so he wouldn’t drop them all. Oh, did Adrien expect him to order for them? That was fine, he supposed, although he was nervous about getting something Adrien might not like, despite him saying he liked everything. And he supposed if Adrien had trouble deciding, it really would be easier for Yuuri to do it himself.

Sitting down on the couch, Yuuri reached around the corner to pull his bag with his computer out, pushing the other things he had for school out of the way, and trying not to get too flustered over the fact that he might actually have overnight stuff with him.

He hadn’t been planning on staying over at Adrien’s! He hadn’t even expected on seeing him, but ever since the last time he ended up in a strange place, he wanted to at least be somewhat prepared. Besides, there was nothing wrong about carrying around his contacts case or a small bottle of solution or his stupid glasses or toothbrush with him, or even a change of underwear because that was practical, right?

“I’m just going to get some of the stuff we had last time,” he explained as he set his computer on his lap because like hell he was going to call anywhere if he didn’t have to. He had every intention of ordering online, and thanks to getting the wifi password for his phone the last time he was there, it was easy to pull up the appropriate website.

“Adrien, could you type in your address, please?” he asked, turning the computer so Adrien could see the order form, and also kicked his bag out of the way so Adrien hopefully wouldn’t think he was expecting this if he saw anything he had with him. In reality, he might have tried to spend the night in one of the twenty-four hour buildings on campus on a bench if his roommate was still with his girlfriend by the time he got back.

He was normally so -

Well, not calm and collected. But himself. It was normally so easy to simply be exactly who he was, except now he was someone else, because now he was going out with Yuuri Matsunaga, which made everything both more wonderful and more complicated at the same time. Especially since -

-what did that even mean? Was Yuuri his boyfriend now? It sent a shiver of pleasure and excitement through Adrien just thinking about that, and really, he liked that term an awful lot. He repeated it over and over again inside of his head - boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend - even as he was milling about the kitchen, filling the coffee pot with water and then shoving a filter and some grounds into the machine, automatically pressing the buttons to start the process (a second nature by now).

Yuuri’s voice, however, called him back into reality and out of the daydreams of walking hand in hand with Yuuri everywhere.

“Coming!” he called back and peered around to find Yuuri sitting at his computer, typing away, brow furrowed ever so slightly in concentration, and everything in Adrien seemed to melt.

This was stupid. This was just Yuuri. This was the guy he’d been starry eyed over ever since their first meeting, and it was ridiculous to feel uncertain and anxious about it now. Yuuri had said yes, after all. He’d agreed to go out with Adrien, he’d kissed Adrien, and now they were going out, and everything was wonderful, positively, amazingly, wonderful.

Adrien sashayed out of the adjoining kitchen area and padded over to where Yuuri was. Instead of sitting down, however, he simply leaned over Yuuri, arms on either side of him, and typed in the password that way, as though it was a totally normal occurrence to be that close.

“There,” he said, drawing back with a wide smile. “Do you want coffee? Or juice?”

He pranced back to the kitchen, standing on tiptoe to reach some of the glasses.

Adrien didn’t bother sitting down. Instead he leaned over him and Yuuri felt himself tense, his heart pounding with anticipation because he could feel Adrien’s arms around him as his fingers moved across the keyboard and –

-and he was pulling back and asking Yuuri about coffee or juice and Yuuri tried very hard not to be disappointed because that was a stupid thing to be disappointed about. Now that he’d agreed to go out with Adrien didn’t mean that he was going to get a warm, soft kiss every time they were close enough to touch, because then they would never get anything done, right? That was more reasonable for Adrien to just type in what was needed and move on.

Still, Yuuri shifted somewhat uncomfortably in front of the computer, refusing to look away. “Coffee is fine, please,” he mumbled in response, reaching out to move the cursor across the screen, and only then did he glance over his shoulder to watch as Adrien had to stand up on his tiptoes to reach the top shelf and that was ridiculously cute for no real reason other than the fact that Adrien seemed to flit around enough as it was.

“Okay, it says we’ve got about thirty minutes before it’ll be here,” he said as he turned away from the computer and put his card back into his wallet so he wouldn’t lose it. Even better was that he didn’t have to call to place the order. He had no idea what he would do without technology, other than just – never do anything.

He stood up then to stretch, trying to keep his eyes away from Adrien by bending down to start collecting pieces of clothing off the floor.

“Aren’t you worried about these getting ruined?” he asked, but it was really just out of curiosity, his tone not at all scolding or disgusted. “You have such nice clothes. I hardly have any room for mine in my dorm.” Not that he had a lot, but he tended to have more sweaters than probably necessary and those were often bulky.

He was a little stupidly gleeful at the sweet way that Yuuri had blushed as Adrien had leaned over him. A part of Adrien kept wanting to push things a little further and then he had to stop and remind himself to take it easy, because not everyone was as cheerfully open to things as he was, and besides, he wanted to make sure that, above all else, Yuuri was comfortable.

Adrien fiddled with the coffee mugs, still standing in the kitchen, holding up one that was shaped like a cow, and another that was shaped like a cat. The smell of coffee wafted through the apartment, filling it with the warm, familiar feeling, and Adrien breathed it all in - the coffee, the wonderful apartment over his wonderful salon, Yuuri, their new and tender and lovely relationship, everything about Yuuri Matsunaga.

“Perfect,” said Adrien, and came out of the kitchen, leaning against the nearest wall with his arms folded across his chest, expression curious as Yuuri stooped to pick up some of his clothing.

“Nope,” he said brightly. “They won’t be ruined, I make sure of that. I mean, they’re on the floor, but I know where they are. Mostly. Like, there’s totally some just randomly around, I think, but for the most part I know where things are. I don’t really have as much as people think I do.”

He probably had more. Adrien grinned and came across the floor to stand in front of Yuuri, hands reaching out to pluck the clothes out of his grasp.

“In the meantime,” said Adrien airily, and flung the clothes into the air, making them rain down ridiculously around them. “Are you my boyfriend now?”

Yuuri stared down at the clothes in his arms, feeling a little guilty about picking everything up when Adrien seemed pretty confident in knowing where his things were. Well, that was okay then. Yuuri didn’t want to ruin whatever system he had, even though it seemed highly disorganized, but as he’d wondered before, maybe it was Adrien’s way. He hoped Adrien at least wouldn’t mind him doing the dishes or something to help get things from looking too crazy.

The clothes were taken from his arms before he realized what was happening, and they were thrown and raining down and he stared at Adrien with wide eyes and his face burning because he just asked if this meant he was his boyfriend –

-and a shirt fell right on his head, obstructing his view and drawing out a small noise of distress.

Did this mean he was Adrien’s boyfriend?? That seemed too wonderful to be true, but if Adrien was asking, then maybe that was what he wanted, too. And the more he thought about it, the more he liked the idea of Adrien being his boyfriend because even though he had no idea what he was doing, he wanted whatever excuse to be around Adrien as possible.

Yuuri lifted his hands to the shirt that fell on his head, holding it where it landed over his face to try and have a little bit of time to collect himself. His heart was already racing and he knew Adrien was standing right there.

“I would like that,” he said quietly, muffled through the shirt because he couldn’t bring himself to look at Adrien just yet, not when he was sure his face was red and splotchy and Adrien was perfect and flawless and how had he gotten so lucky?? There had to be a catch. There had to be something wrong.

Carefully, Yuuri slowly drew the shirt down from over his face, giving Adrien a curious, almost suspicious look. He bit at the corner of his lip as he tried to decide if he really wanted to ask, before finally forcing out, “Why were you single?” Because someone like Adrien surely would have plenty of people pining after him.

The shirt that had fallen on Yuuri’s head was a short sleeved button down in a shade of pastel pink that Adrien favored. It was a lighter color than the scarlet flush that he had seen beginning to flood Yuuri’s cheeks just before it had been covered by fabric, and Adrien made a mental note to remember that unbelievably adorable noise, making no move to pull the shirt off.

A pair of pale blue shorts had landed on his own shoulder. Adrien waited patiently - not so patiently - as Yuuri pulled the shirt tighter over his head, Adrien shifting from one foot to the other, then rocking back and forth on his heels. His heart was somewhere in the vicinity of his throat, because what if he’d - as usual - over thought this? What if he’d gotten this all wrong after all? What if going out didn’t mean the same thing as boyfriends?

Maybe he’d overreacted. Again.

Adrien opened his mouth - probably to apologize - and then shut it again at Yuuri’s muffled answer. A rush of pleasure and joy swept through him and he clapped his hands together, fingers interlacing as he hopped up and down a few times in sheer glee.

“Oh, excellent,” he said, “Because I totally want to be your boyfriend.”

The next question, however, caught him off guard. Yuuri’s face, as he tugged the shirt off of his head finally, was still red and still adorable, but he was giving him a look of confusion that was making Adrien stare back with a look of equal confusion, head tilted a little to the side.

“What do you mean?” he asked, tone perplexed. He lifted his hands and pulled the shirt from Yuuri, looping it idly around the back of the other’s neck and tugging gently, like it was a towel he was using to rub him dry. “Why was I single?”

He considered this, a frown of thought on his face. At last, he shrugged.

“I dunno. My last girlfriend was two years ago, and she said she didn’t like when I wore makeup, so I just stopped? Does that count? I haven’t really found anyone I’ve wanted to go out with since.”

He beamed at Yuuri, rocking on his heels again.

“But then you came along and now you’re my boyfriend and I’m yours and everything is awesome.”

Yuuri continued to bite at his lip, as if he wasn’t sure about something but he couldn’t quite place his finger on what. He was sure it had nothing to do with Adrien and probably had more to do about himself. But what it was seemed to elude him.

He lifted his hands to Adrien’s as he tugged the shirt around his neck, his heart still beating wildly in his chest as he frowned up at him. He was still worried that he would be too boring for someone like Adrien, who had a lot of energy and needed an outlet for that. Yuuri, on the other hand, was completely content just sitting in the dark, doing nothing all day and all night and being social only if he absolutely had to. It was easier for him that way.

But Adrien was different, and he liked that about him. He was bright and cheerful and fun and all these things that Yuuri definitely was not.

His fingers tightened a little over Adrien’s, as if he was uncertain about what to do. There were plenty of things he wanted to do in that very moment, but what was right and what was wrong and what was too awkward to even attempt, he had no idea. And everything was swirling in his head, making him dizzy.

“Well, her loss is my gain,” he said quietly, feeling a little awkward about it because he could still feel his heart pounding away in his chest. “I don’t mind it,” he added, wanting to make sure Adrien knew that wasn’t going to be a problem with him. “It makes your eyes look brighter.” Not that he’d been staring at Adrien’s eyes probably since they first met, but… it was simply an observation, that was all.

Somewhat awkwardly, he tugged at one of Adrien’s hands, turning his head to he could place a quick kiss against the side of his finger, glancing away from Adrien as he did so, because he was sure it was weird that he wanted every excuse to kiss him, but he was so damn awkward about it that it probably didn’t even count!

“Yes, I’m your boyfriend. And you’re mine,” he confirmed, trying it out loud, glancing somewhat shyly in Adrien’s direction because he had to bite back the tiny smile that tugged at his lips, obviously thrilled over the idea of Adrien actually being his boyfriend. It was almost too amazing to be real.

The electric feeling was still there every time Yuuri touched him; Adrien could feel it shivering up from his hands all the way up his arms and spreading throughout his entire body, like pins and needles except a lot more comfortable and a lot more exciting. He fidgeted a little where he stood, because standing still had never been something he’d been very good at, then flushed with pleasure at the compliment, his heart beating so fast it almost hurt.

“Yuuuuuuri,” he started to say, the name deliberately drawn out, because he liked the way it sounded - but he didn’t get very far, because Yuuri had taken his hand and kissed the side of his finger. It was just a simple, sweet brush of his lips, but Adrien was giddy at the newness of it all, of the fact that they could even do this at all.

The shy, almost-there-but-not-quite smile was a heady rush. Adrien couldn’t help himself.

“You are just - “ He flung his arms around Yuuri and dragged him into a crushing embrace, Adrien happily burying his face into Yuuri’s hair. ”So. Damn. Cute!!”

He nuzzled his face through the dark logs and rocked back and forth from side to side for a few seconds, planted a kiss to the top of Yuuri’s head, and then finally drew back enough for Yuuri to breathe. He looked as though he was about to say something but -

-there was a loud beep from the kitchen.

“THE COFFEE!” Adrien crowed, and bounded off to get it.

This was a new thing for Yuuri, to hear his name being said like it was a good thing. He wasn’t used to it, just like he wasn’t used to anyone like Adrien or this wonderful feeling he had every time he was around him. He wanted to keep this feeling, hold it close and never let it go.

Although maybe not squeeze it as tightly as Adrien suddenly decided to do to him. Yuuri gasped and flailed a bit as Adrien threw his arms around him and pulled him close, his face against his hair and squeezing so tight that he could hardly breathe.

He was surprised to find out that he didn’t mind it as much as he thought he should have minded nearly being crushed to death, because Adrien was just as cute as he apparently thought Yuuri was.

Yuuri lifted his hands once more to place on Adrien’s arms, trying to wiggling away enough to breathe, but Adrien had already relented a little, giving him some space and looking like he was going to say something -

He cringed a bit as Adrien practically flounced off to get the coffee from the kitchen when it started to beep, Yuuri stumbling forward a little, a bit breathless from not just being nearly crushed, but from the expression on Adrien’s face as he looked at him. He wanted this. He wanted more of it. He didn’t think his heart could take it if Adrien ended up getting bored with him.

Swallowing back his nervousness, Yuuri quietly shuffled after Adrien to the kitchen, his hands sliding into his pockets as he was careful not to step on the scattered clothes.

“Do you need any help?”

He had pulled the coffee pot off of the burner and was now pouring generous amounts into the pair of animal mugs he’d pulled out earlier. Adrien stuffed the pot back on the maker, then flung open the fridge and fumbled around inside until he had produced a half gallon of milk, some creamer, and, confusingly, a pair of spoons that he seemed to have pulled from a drawer inside the fridge as well. He bumped the door shut with his hip and then dumped everything onto the counter.

“Nope, coffee’s easy,” said Adrien happily, as he mixed in a bunch of creamer, as well as several spoonfuls of sugar. He gestured to the rest of the things.

“Help yourself, I don’t know what you like. Oh, but you should probably tell me, so I can know what to make whenever you stay over,” said Adrien thoughtfully, tapping the spoon against his chin. “Oh, maybe I should get some more pillows. And some extra toothbrushes. Do people even use toothbrushes that aren’t electric anymore?”

He took a gulp of his coffee, sighing at the familiar taste, and leaned back against the counter, looking both relaxed and unbelievably happy. A part of him was still electrified by Yuuri’s presence - actually, all of him was, because all Adrien wanted to do was reach out and kiss him silly, but he was trying very hard to be good about that, because he couldn’t just go around kissing Yuuri all the time.

He did, however, reach out and casually loop a finger in one of the belt loops of Yuuri’s pants, smiling brightly at him, a silly, happy grin.

“Do you want anything else to drink? Or to eat? I know we ordered food, but it might be a bit. Or wait, I have snacks, somewhere…”

Adrien let go, set his coffee down, and turned to rummage in one of the high cabinets, back up on his tiptoes.

“I think I have chocolate…”

Yuuri watched in fascination as Adrien pulled everything out of the refrigerator and set it on the counter, watching to see what Adrien did with his own coffee since, well, apparently Adrien had the same idea when it came to figuring out how Yuuri took his coffee so he could make it for him.

“I think I take mine the same as you,” he observed in wonder, because while he liked coffee, he also didn’t like the bitterness of it. He would rather it be the taste of coffee with cream and sugar. “Maybe a spoonful less of sugar, though,” he added, because Adrien definitely used a lot of sugar. And probably had way too much coffee to begin with. Something that Yuuri wondered if he should be concerned about.

He bit back his comments that wanted to surface as Adrien planned for him to stay over much more often, which Yuuri was both pleased and relieved about. Because if it meant he wouldn’t have to deal with his roommate all the time, or try to find somewhere else to sleep when his roommate was being particularly horrible, that was great for him.

“I’m okay,” he said quietly, sounding somewhat amused as Adrien offered him anything else to drink or eat, the finger pulling at his belt loop sending shivers up and down his spine because that was kind of cute, and Yuuri had to hide his face behind the animal mug as he sipped at his coffee and watched as Adrien went to rummage through the cabinets.

Adrien had long legs; something that Yuuri had noticed before, but now that he was his boyfriend he felt as though he had the right to look and appreciate everything about Adrien so much more. Like his soft hands and smooth chest and back, and the way his pants were tailored to fit him just perfectly.

Yuuri’s fingers curled around the mug, slowly sipping at the coffee, keeping himself from reaching out to touch because, well, that would probably be weird, right?

Of course Yuuri would be staying over multiple times, because Yuuri was his boyfriend, and that was what boyfriends did. Adrien had already dissected this fact and picked it apart and then attempted to put it back together again, except that it came back all jumbled, so instead he was trying to focus on the immediate things at hand - like getting Yuuri’s coffee order right.

“Lots of cream, weensie bit less sugar,” Adrien repeated, and then repeated it once more, for good measure, because he needed to remember it, the phrase absently whispered under his breath. It was something he didn’t seem to be realizing that he was doing, his expression distracted as Adrien fiddled with the cap of the creamer until it came off again, and he could pour it into Yuuri’s mug. A spoon was set carefully inside, for stirring, and then he had gone back to his own coffee, something familiar and something to help ease the fluttering in his chest.

Adrien rocked back fully onto the floor, a candy bar in hand. He turned to face Yuuri, resting his hip against the counter as he unwrapped it, breaking off a square.

“Here!” he said brightly. “It’s chocolate and hazelnut, it’s my favorite, you should try it.”

The little square was held out towards Yuuri, an expectant look on Adrien’s face.

He liked watching Adrien as he moved, and listen to him as he talked. He seemed to be thinking about a lot of things at once, and although Yuuri was nowhere near as energetic as Adrien, he still wondered if he also had so many thoughts in his head that they kept going and going until it was enough to make him dizzy, never wanting to stop, never giving a moment to rest.

Adrien was different than he was in so many ways, but also surprisingly similar. It wasn’t something Yuuri would have expected since, well… he was nowhere near as bright and cheerful as Adrien.

Yuuri watched as Adrien found what he was looking for, lowering the mug he’d taken after it had been prepared for him from his mouth so he could look at the chocolate in Adrien’s hand. There was another wave of anxiousness that bubbled up, not because he was all that nervous around Adrien himself, but because he had no idea how this boyfriend thing was supposed to work.

But he was determined to keep Adrien’s interest as long as he could manage it.

Well. Maybe he wasn’t as brave as he was trying to make himself, and instead of doing something that would look absolutely foolish, he slowly reached out to take the square of chocolate from Adrien’s hand and put it in his mouth.

“It’s really good,” he said as he looked back up at his boyfriend, slowly chewing on the piece of chocolate as he watched him, his stomach doing weird flips as he shifted somewhat anxiously on his feet.

Once more swallowing down his nerves, he carefully set the mug on the counter, and before Adrien had the chance to escape, Yuuri reached out to place his hands against Adrien’s hips, holding onto the belt loops like Adrien had done with him, and pushed up onto his toes with Adrien’s back to the counter to steal a quick, rather nervous kiss, Yuuri’s heart practically in his throat and his face flushed red.

It was - comfortable, being around Yuuri. Maybe because he was almost the direct opposite of Adrien, with his loud, brash self, his continual mumblings, his frequent goings in and out, his almost overwhelming, persistent vibrancy all the time. Where Adrien was endlessly positive and outgoing, Yuuri was withdrawn and quiet. Where Adrien was cheerful and loud, Yuuri was soft and gentle. Other people, maybe, had found him too quiet. Too gentle. Too passive.

Adrien said screw you to all of those people, because Yuuri was the exact level of perfect quietness, perfect gentleness, perfect passiveness, and frankly, perfect everything else, if he was really going to be talking about Yuuri Matsunaga. He could have waxed poetic about his boyfriend (the word still made him giddy with happiness) for probably hours - but this new, fragile tender thing between them felt precious and private and wonderful.

Adrien had never wanted anything more in his life, and it was a strange, strange feeling.

He was pleased that Yuuri had liked the chocolate, and it showed on his face, Adrien taking a bite himself.

“See?” he said, chewing and swallowing. “It’s great. It’s the best.”

Yuuri was setting his mug down, which Adrien only half noticed in his attempt at reading the back of the chocolate bar to see if it had anything bad in it. He did not expect the hands that came to rest somewhere in the vicinity of his hips, fingers curling into belt loops, and then Yuuri had stretched up and kissed him, and Adrien’s eyes went wide, freezing in place, his heart in his throat.

It was unbelievably cute. Yuuri was looking up at him with an uncertain expression as though he wasn’t sure if what he’d done was allowed, and frankly, Adrien wasn’t sure either. But really - who cared.

He set the bar back onto the counter behind him without letting his gaze move from Yuuri’s face. Adrien’s hands came to rest on Yuuri’s waist, and he tugged him closer, his eyes falling half-lidded as he let them flicker across each feature of Yuuri - his long lashed eyes, his slender face, his flushed cheeks, the swell of his lower lip, the softness of his cheeks. Adrien bent down - blissfully thankful for the only slight difference in their heights - and kissed Yuuri again, soft and sweet, almost hesitant for him, his eyes shutting.

Yuuri thought his heart was surely going to stop beating completely with how quickly it was going in his chest. Adrien was looking at him with wide eyes, and he’d completely frozen. Maybe this wasn’t okay. Maybe this was much too new, this budding relationship between them, to just go up to Adrien and kiss him like he did because surely it would make him seem desperate or maybe Adrien would start to think that maybe Yuuri was the type to go around kissing just anyone, without really thinking about it.

But he was thinking about this. He was thinking that Adrien was a wonderful, charming, handsome man that he never in a million years thought he would ever even have the chance to speak to, much less kiss him, and even less be his boyfriend.

He was Adrien’s boyfriend. And it was both terrifying and good at the same time.

Wary that he was pushing too fast, he slowly started to lower himself back down, his mouth opening to apologize, but Adrien was placing the chocolate down and reaching out to put his hands around his waist and leaned down to kiss him. Yuuri felt his eyes flutter shut before he even realized he couldn’t keep them open, practically melting into the feel of Adrien’s hands on his waist and the soft press of lips to his own.

It wasn’t like the heated, almost frenzied kisses from before, but something much more tender, something that still left Yuuri breathless and trembling slightly, if only because he wasn’t sure what else to expect. He kissed him back softly, brazenly (for Yuuri) taking advantage of the gentle sweetness of the kiss so he could lean into it, his lips parting against Adrien’s, his tongue hesitantly brushing against his lips, as if trying to taste him.

It really was delightfully endearing, watching Yuuri, trying to figure out the way his mind worked, especially considering that Yuuri was a lot more closed off than Adrien was. But he was slowly, slowly, coming to learn the little quirks, the small details, the sweet hesitancies, the tender gestures that made everything up. And even though Adrien’s brain refused to really shut down and kept going over approximately thirty two different scenarios and outcomes of every single possible road, it was easier to focus on the one that was right in front of him, easier to simply take ahold of Yuuri and allow himself this blissful, sweet kiss and know that Yuuri wanted it too. That Yuuri had said yes to going out with him, to dating him, to being his boyfriend.

Adrien felt Yuuri’s instant relaxation into the kiss and almost melted himself, his heart beating so fast he was sure it was audible in the spacious apartment around them. He felt the tenderness of it, the aching perfection of it all, the soft way that Yuuri was pressing against him, and it was neither desperate nor panicked nor frenzied; neither one of them seemed to be rushing it.

The first hesitant parting of Yuuri’s lips against his own made Adrien’s face heat; and the tentative brush of his tongue made his stomach turn over. Adrien’s grip tightened on Yuuri’s waist, and it was so easy to let go, to part his own lips, to allow the simple, sweet kisses turn into something more; still slow, still gentle, but deeper now, a little more heated, long explorations of Yuuri’s mouth, Adrien letting himself taste, and letting Yuuri taste in return.

It was a heady, glorious, rush of a feeling. Adrien felt on the top of his head, in the tips of his toes, one arm winding more securely around Yuuri’s waist while the other hand dipped, just a little.

He would be lying to himself if he said he wasn’t completely and utterly nervous about all of this. He thought he adapted well enough to change, to try and go with the flow, but it was still terrifying to do something new, something that might end up hurting him in the long run. Even if Adrien didn’t mean to, because Yuuri doubted that Adrien was the type of person that would turn around and hurt him after everything, it would still be devastating.

Yuuri could feel himself trembling all over, as though he was drunk again, like on the night they’d danced together. That night Yuuri was sure Adrien could have easily gone off and left him, he could have found someone else to offer him a better time, but he stayed with him, and Yuuri appreciated that simple gesture more than anything else.

Because even though the next morning had been both wonderful and scary for both of them, and resulted in Adrien running from him, and Yuuri ignoring his desperate texts and calls for the next week, it ended up leading to the very moment they were currently having.

Adrien was being wonderfully patient with him, and Yuuri didn’t know how else to thank him than to try and show him that he’d been serious in wanting to learn from him, to show him that he was picking up on the little thing that Adrien did, the way he kissed, the way he tilted his head and parted his lips and held on tight.

Yuuri could feel the heat in his face as a soft noise escaped from the back of his throat, something that sounded pleased and content and it was super embarrassing because until he met Adrien and kissed him, he had no idea these noises could come from someone like him.

Another small noise, a quiet gasp, escaped as Adrien’s hand dipped lower, Yuuri’s own hands tightening against Adrien’s pants and belt loops as he sank further into his embrace, not wanting to let go, even though his heart was definitely going to stop and he was dizzy and his face way too hot.

Adrien had had girlfriends before, and boyfriends. Nothing had ever lasted, not really. He was always too much for someone, always too loud, too cluttered, too everything. They got impatient with him, annoyed with him, frustrated that he couldn’t seem to get all of the thousand thoughts he had under control. All of Adrien’s romantic relationships had wound up with him hopelessly involved and the other party...less than involved; and, in one case, so much less involved that they had found someone else while with Adrien. Nothing had gone past three months in terms of dating.

Yuuri wasn’t like that. Yuuri was kind, and sweet, and gentle. Yuuri had taken his hand and not let it go. Yuuri had gone with him to the club, had told him honestly how he’d felt, had danced with him and talked with him and made him feel as though the fact that he was loud and bright and crazy and intense was normal.

Yuuri had forgiven him after he’d run away. And Yuuri had wanted to date him, had wanted to be his boyfriend, and was now kissing him, and Adrien didn’t want to let it go, didn’t want to think about the inevitable day when Yuuri would grow frustrated or impatient with him, as everyone did eventually.

Not now, Adrien.

Yuuri was making noises - little soft, surprised ones, ones of happiness and pleasure and other things, and Adrien adored them for the simple reason that it was Yuuri making them. He wondered if he was going too fast - and then this thought as well slipped out of Adrien’s head, because Yuuri’s kisses were distracting, his lips warm and yielding against Adrien’s, his mouth tasting of chocolate. Deep, heated kisses, still exploring, still learning, Adrien pressing himself even closer to Yuuri, arms tight around his waist now.

The doorbell rang.

This was all so very new to him, and yet instead of completely shutting down at the very thought of doing any of this with anyone, Adrien had shown an interest in him that Yuuri doubted anyone has had in him before. Because he was quiet, and timid, and nervous, and prone to ‘freaking out’ over things that other people wouldn’t consider that big of a deal. He got overly anxious about being in crowds, and around loud noises, and when he was thrown into situations in which he felt completely uncomfortable.

Adrien hadn’t seemed to mind that he tended to get incredibly nervous about things, or tried to run away when he had the opportunity. He’d tried to run away the first time they’d met. He tried getting onto the bus without expecting Adrien to follow him, much less sit with him and drag him off to his apartment. The same apartment they were in now.

Yuuri’s hands kneaded somewhat nervously, his fingers cautiously pulling away from the belt loops so he could smooth his palms against the outside of Adrien’s hips as he kissed him. Adrien’s arms were tight around his waist, but Yuuri’s hands were gently exploring, touching and sliding down just a couple inches against the outside of Adrien’s thighs as Yuuri pressed up against him, against the counter.

His hands trembled slightly as he slid them slowly around, his fingers brushing over the seam of Adrien’s back pockets, and following them further around until -

Until Yuuri nearly had a heart attack when the doorbell rang. Every fiber of his being immediately tensed as he jumped, his eyes wide as he squirmed away from Adrien’s hold, twisting out of his arms so he could stumble away.

“B-bathroom,” he quickly explained, not wanting Adrien to think that he was running away from him, because even if he kind of was because he was getting way in over his head with all of this and moving too fast and he was totally trying to cop a feel apparently because his brain was doing crazy things --

It was mostly due to the fact that he would really, really, rather not have to answer the door, his heart already threatening to explode out of his chest.

Once he heard the door shut again and bags of food being deposited onto the counter, Yuuri very slowly and warily peeked out from behind the storage closet door, because he’d forgotten which door the bathroom was in his panic, clutching tightly to his shirt over his chest as he tried to convince his heart to calm down.

Oh, thought Adrien, his eyes opening just a fraction, so that he could see the dark lashes fanning out over Yuuri’s cheek, his heartbeat in his throat, in his ears. Oh. This is nice.

It was also kind of thrilling in a way that Adrien hadn’t felt in a long, long time; even with his last girlfriend he had not felt this sort of electricity, this vibration in his veins that made him feel bright and excited and alive. Yuuri was such a warm and yielding person, in every respect; Adrien could feel it in the insistent press of his lips, in the tentative sweeps of his tongue, in the way that he pushed Adrien back against the counter in a way that had his pulse leaping wildly.

And Yuuri’s hands were wandering, and that was nice too, in a different way. Adrien had let his eyes fall shut again, concentrating on the sweet heat of Yuuri’s mouth, the fingers that slid along his legs, then edged, carefully, hesitantly behind, so that he was exploring more and more and -

Oops.

Yuuri had snatched himself away at the sound of the doorbell. Adrien stared at him, then hastily swept a hand through his hair to smooth it, wiped his mouth, took a breath, and hopped over to the door, flinging it open somewhat dramatically, as he did with a great deal of things.He scribbled Yuuri’s name across the slip, then carted the bags inside, kicking the door shut with a foot behind him as he came back to the main part of the room. Adrien dumped all of the food onto the coffee table, then turned to find Yuuri peering anxiously out from -

Not the bathroom. A closet. Adrien raised an eyebrow and padded over.

“Food’s here!” he said cheerily, bending to peck a quick kiss to Yuuri’s lips before he took his hand, fingers threaded together, and all but towed him back over to the couch.

“Sit, sweetheart, and eat, we both need food.”

It hadn’t been until Yuuri had the door shut behind him that he realized he had definitely not gone into the bathroom, which was super embarrassing in and of itself that he had to run away at the thought of facing a stranger, even though they were just there to deliver food.

In his defense, normally he would have been able to prepare himself for it, or at least make an attempt to prepare himself, and maybe wouldn’t freak out quite as much if he was sitting there and waiting for someone to ring the bell. But instead he’d been entirely distracted with everything warm and soft and comforting about Adrien and, well, panicked. Obviously.

Adrien didn’t make a comment about it, which was both a relief and nerve-wracking, because he wasn’t sure what would be that moment that Adrien would decide this was just a little too much for him to deal with. Instead, Adrien just leaned down to kiss him and took his hand and lead him back over to the couch.

And he always called him sweet names that Yuuri just wrote off as Adrien being Adrien, but now it was something a little more meaningful to him than that. Probably because Adrien was now his boyfriend, which was probably going to take some time getting used to. Did things like this usually happen so quickly? Yuuri wasn’t sure, but he sat down on the couch as prompted, but he didn’t let go of Adrien’s hand, at least not yet.

He opened his mouth like he wanted to try and say something, but his nerves kept bubbling up and kept him silent. Eventually he forced himself to draw in a not very settling breath, and gently pulled his somewhat trembling hand free of Adrien’s so he could reach out for the food they’d ordered, doing his best not to look at Adrien because he didn’t and to let him see just how overwhelmed he was. It was embarrassing enough already.

guine