Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Negaspace & The Rift
[R] And the things that remain (Aquamarine + Kamacite) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:22 pm
Aquamarine didn’t leave his office for days.

He didn’t eat, he didn’t sleep, he didn’t do any paperwork. He just sat there, staring at random objects without seeing them, chewing on his fingernails, or tapping his way through the database, searching for any additional information that might prove helpful. (There was none, of course, because the database was borderline useless.) He waited anxiously for word from Arles, expecting at any moment that Jet’s head would appear, without his body, courtesy of the Princess and her sick, twisted friends.

Supposedly, Jet was “fine.” Aquamarine didn’t know that he trusted a youma to know the difference between “fine” and “near death,” so the reassurances did very little to allay his fears, especially as they were accompanied by updates about the Princess and the numbers she had on her side.

The list of names was growing. Sessrumnir, that <******** a*****e. Valhalla, the soft-hearted one. Palatine, not a Squire as they’d been told, but a Knight. Empyrean, the Page of Jupiter who nonetheless seemed to possess quite a bit of authority. A Super Senshi that Cymophane was able to verify as Perdita. A Mauvian none of them had ever encountered before. An Eternal Senshi, Oberon, who’s ties to the rest remained a mystery. And then, of course, the Princess herself.

How many more would there be when the fighting started?

The team Jet put together was beginning to feel woefully inadequate.

There came an afternoon when Aquamarine managed to force himself out of the office. He walked down the halls of the castle, so tired and hungry and scared he was constantly on the verge of throwing up. Stopping outside a particular door, Aquamarine almost burst in unannounced, but thought better of it at the last second.

He wasn’t Albite. Even in distress, Aquamarine could still be civilized.

So he lifted a fist and pounded on the door instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:50 pm
Whoever Kamacite was expecting, it was definitely not Aquamarine. He thought maybe it was Faustite or-- no, Faustite was the only General that bothered talking to him regularly.

His office was small. A desk. A chair for the desk. A tiny couch. And plants everywhere. He’d recently purchased some lights specifically for the plants that he could set on a timer, and then not worry about having to bring them to the surface for adequate sunlight. He’d thought about leaving them all with Prehnite, but… it seemed rude when the plants had done nothing wrong.

“Are you okay?” somehow made its way out of his mouth first. Maybe he thought to ask Aquamarine if he was lost, or if he needed something from him. But he wasn’t used to seeing the blond look so… frazzled.

He also wasn’t used to seeing Aquamarine around without Jet. And not that he kept track of who was around the castle, but he couldn’t recall seeing the other General since earlier that month.

“You can come in if you’d like,” he offered, although he half expected Aquamarine to throw whatever insult he felt like getting off his chest and leaving.

Sunshine Alouette

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:24 am
Under normal circumstances, Aquamarine might have started with an insult. Something about the size of Kamacite’s office, perhaps. Or the presence of so many plants. (Why the <********> did people like plants these days?) Maybe he would have shoved his way in instead of waiting to be invited, because he thought, as a General, he had more of a right to these spaces than an Eternal Senshi.

But these were not normal circumstances. Aquamarine shuffled inside only when the offer was extended, staring over Kamacite’s shoulder instead of looking him in the eye.

Aquamarine was, for lack of a more suitable description, a hot mess. His hair was falling out of a ponytail, lank and greasy in some spots and frizzy in others; he hadn’t showered in… how long had Jet been gone? His cape was missing, tossed aside in his office somewhere. He’d unfastened his jacket at some point, like he might have been trying to make himself comfortable enough to rest, but he never got around to taking it off. It hung open, exposing the tight black shirt beneath. His face was the sort of pale that spoke of illness, only he wasn’t ill. The dark smudges beneath his eyes grew worse by the day.

“Jet’s been taken by the Princess,” he said instead of answering Kamacite’s question. (Or perhaps that was the answer to Kamacite’s question. No, Aquamarine was not okay.)

He didn’t bother indicating which Princess was responsible. These days, only Ganymede gave them any sort of trouble.

The irritating b***h.

“He planned to, because they’ve got something related to the smoke bomb Sessrumnir used on me,” Aquamarine explained, rushing through it, because he knew Cymophane talked to Kamacite, which meant Kamacite probably knew at least some of the details, “only whatever it is might affect all of us, so Jet’s gone with his youma to find out what they’re planning. He’s got a team ready to help bust him out and take the Princess while we’re at it, but I don’t like our numbers, especially when she’s got senshi and knights we only have minimal information on.”

Guine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:11 pm
Kamacite had heard a bit about whatever Cymophane was working on, but he wasn’t given too many details since it was top secret. Although he was sure that if he asked, Cymophane would have told him everything. He was wary about knowing too much. It was easier to claim plausible deniability if anything happened.

He knew Jet had been planning something. That Sessrumnir, a Knight of Jupiter, had attacked Aquamarine around the end of November. And that Cymophane was looking for information.

What Kamacite hadn’t been expecting was for Aquamarine to show up at his office, looking like he was going to have a breakdown at any moment. He was obviously not taking care of himself, which wasn’t good. If he was needed for any reason, he was going to be more of a liability than help.

It didn’t take a genius to piece together what Aquamarine was trying to get at. He didn’t like their numbers which meant--

“You want me to help.”

His instinct was to of course help another agent in need, but experience with Aquamarine had him hesitating.

“I won’t be your bait, if that’s what you’re implying.”

Maybe for Faustite, but not for Aquamarine.

Sunshine Alouette

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:29 pm
“Jet’s the bait. Didn’t you hear what I just said?” Aquamarine countered, voice rising with each word — not with anger, but with something like hysteria.

Jet could die at any moment. Maybe the Princess would decide she had no use for him anymore and stab him in the throat with her glass shoes. Maybe Sessrumnir would get bored and decide to make good on his threats, snap Jet’s neck with his bare hands or something. Maybe that Empyrean guy would get tired of the nice guy act and smother Jet in his sleep. Maybe Jet would die from exposure or infection. Maybe a rabid stray would find its way into the building where Jet was being kept and maul him because it was hungry. That sort of s**t happened, didn’t it? Jet was weak right now. Jet was defenseless. Jet put himself into this situation and expected Aquamarine to get him out.

And Aquamarine let him do it.

He hated it. The whole thing. He hated the Princess and Jet’s plan and the ******** Negaverse with its s**t agents and s**t missions and s**t everything.

“I don’t need you to be bait,” Aquamarine said, voice going thick as he fought back emotion. ******** emotion. “I need you to blind the s**t out of them. You don’t even have to fight if you don’t want to. If Jet’s ******** dog does its job and figures out how to ******** up whatever anti-teleportation s**t they’ve got going on, you can hang back and pop in when you’re needed.”

Guine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:56 pm
He frowned at Aquamarine’s counter argument. That was clearly not what Kamacite had been referring to. If the exit strategy needed bait they wouldn’t use Jet twice.

Carefully, Kamacite crossed his arms over his chest and tucked his hands into the silky sleeves of his robes as he watched Aquamarine and studied his expression. He looked horrible. Obviously hadn’t slept. Definitely a liability. He could probably get everyone on this apparent team killed.

“How will I know when to use my magic? I can’t just yell for everyone to close their eyes or back away. I need to figure out a plan with the others on this team so they know when to look away.”

It had been Axinite’s suggestion. Kamacite didn’t exactly have a team to work with to plan out things like codes or signals. He’d been sent onto the hilltop first in order to use his magic without causing injury to his own allies. But this…? They needed to know more than just whenever he was needed.

“Who is on this team?”

Sunshine Alouette

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:34 pm
“Faustite, Lopezite, Prehnite, and Bloodstone,” Aquamarine rattled off the names, but there was nothing in his voice to indicate that he felt reassured by their involvement. Of the four of them, he knew Faustite the best, and he didn’t really know Faustite at all.

“Bloodstone’s bringing a Lieutenant. Some woman with a resting b***h face. Jet wanted an elite team of experienced Captains and Generals, but I guess Bloodstone does whatever the ******** he wants. If she dies, it’s on him, I don’t give a s**t. Maybe Albite. Faustite’s got him by the balls, doesn’t he? And I’m drafting your skank friend Cymophane. At least he’d be motivated to get Jet out of there if he wants another ******** promotion. He can disguise himself as a youma and still maintain his cover.”

Aquamarine kept staring past Kamacite — at a nick in the wall or at one of the various plants. He tapped one foot, restless and impatient, then folded his arms over his chest for a few seconds before dropping them again, shifting like meant to start pacing, only the office was so small, there wasn’t much room to pace.

He ran a hand through his hair, which did nothing but pull even more of it out of its ponytail.

“Figure it out between yourselves. Have signs or signals. A safe word? I don’t ******** know. You’re all high ranking agents, except for the Lieutenant, but supposedly she’s competent enough. Not that it's hard to seem competent when some of the agents you’re being compared to sleep through ******** meetings, but…”

He was getting off track. Aquamarine stalled out, bit at his lip and tore some loose skin off of it.

“I don’t have the patience to babysit any of you,” he said. “Jet’s gone and done something reckless because he’s got it in his head that all of you are worth risking his entire ******** life for, and I’m one minor setback away from marching into the Queen’s office and demanding she do something about it.”

Guine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:55 pm
No, Aquamarine didn’t have much patience for anything. Aquamarine was desperate enough to come to him with this information. He didn’t exactly ask, but Kamacite already offered his understanding of Aquamarine’s exhaustion induced rambling.

If anything, it was probably better that he stayed out of the way and let the rest of them come up with something. He didn’t like the idea of Bloodstone or his lieutenant being there, but he was fond of the others, even Albite. He didn’t want anything to happen to them.

Any other information he could probably get from Cymophane or Faustite. He was secretly pleased that he would be working with Lopezite and Prehnite as well, but he wasn’t about to let Aquamarine know that. Albite was their wild card-- or maybe he was their wild card if he was just being added to this team.

“Okay. I’ll work with them to bring Jet back,” he agreed. Not for Aquamarine, but because he knew people would be upset if something happened to their own, especially at the hands of a Princess.

Sunshine Alouette

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:13 pm
Aquamarine wanted to scream. He wanted to stab someone. He wanted to tear the ******** castle apart stone by ******** stone. He wanted to shout in the Queen’s face for letting Jet do something so ******** insane. He wanted to grab Jet by the jacket and shake him until he swore never to do anything like this ever again.

He couldn’t do any of it, because no one cared, or he was too weak, or the Queen would kill him for insubordination — or worse, laugh in his ******** face.

And Jet was gone.

Aquamarine had no ******** clue what the hell he was supposed to do on his own.

He swallowed. He pulled in a labored breath. His eyes stung for a moment, hot and wet, but he blinked the feeling away.

“Thank you,” he said.

He didn’t wait for a response. He had no further information to share and no other suggestions to offer. If he didn’t get out of there fast, he was going to fall apart, and he already did that once when they were stuck in that dank ******** cellar together.

Aquamarine stalked past Kamacite before the fatigue and hunger and fear had a chance to make him puke in the middle of his too small office. He pulled the door open and left, fleeing down the hall so he could return to the solitude of his own office, lonely as it was without Jet there.

Guine
Fin?

Negaspace & The Rift

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces