[CLOSED] Special Yearly Spotlight! Winners pg2 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:51 pm
((Putting them in separate posts cause they'd kill each other if they were in the same... >> Plus, the post would be really cluttered))

DROOL AT MY MAN!
Owner(s): Roniel Targaryen
Pet Name: Hayagriva
Pet Image or Link: User Image
Teepee Link: Here
Tell me about your Pet:
Personality: Hayagriva has gone through a lot in his life and it has left him stern and proud. He is the Protector heir of the Padmapani herd and lives up to that title. He lives for protecting his family and his herd and tries to let nothing get in the way. Though he is generally serious, some of his old playful nature emerges when he's around foals. Otherwise, he is gruff and focused.

History: Hayagriva began life as a relatively carefree fellow, though his kalona bloodline gave him a bit of a brooding streak. As a young adult he met a mare called Ayanna and before he knew it they had a batch of foals. He loved his children dearly, though one of his children was fostered to a childless mare that he was friends with. When it appeared that child died, Haya became deeply enraged at the mare who had cared for her and deeply depressed. As his children grew he noticed kalona traits springing up in them which made him hate his bloodline and the "curse" he gave to his children. It wasn't until he joined the Padmapani herd that he began to recover a sense of self.

In the Padmapani herd he distinguished himself my training his herdmates in combat that ended up saving lives when a kalona attacked. His success was met with the position of Protector Heir in the herd. He ascended to elderdom along with accepting his new position and continues to protect the Padmapani herd with strength and wisdom.

Recently, his second daughter Samsara was turned into a skinwalker. The loss of his last daughter drove Haya back into great sadness and he has had to drive her away from the herd several times since. She wants to kill him badly, and he mourns for his lost children.
Tell me about your Plots:
Hayagriva's plots in the last year mirror Samsara's to a great extent. He's been stepping up into his position as the Protector heir for the Padmapani more and more as Scythe grows older. When Samsara turned into a skinwalker, Haya was devastated. He knew that she was lost to him forever and sought to distance both himself and the herd from her to avoid further danger. Unfortunately, Samsara took this gesture to be an act of betrayal and vowed to kill Haya for it.

Haya was deeply depressed to have to drive the only daughter he believed to survive away from the herd, but couldn't imagine what was to come next. He was attacked by Samsara and her skinwalkers while out for a jaunt with two members of a troubled family. He tried his best to protect them from the skinwalkers but they were still badly injured during the course of the fight. He managed to chase Samsara away again, but was left with the responsibility of knowing that Bari and Phala had been hurt on his behalf.

It was harder for Haya to be happy after this attack... and even more so when Samsara nearly killed Auspicious Adagio on a trip through Padmapani territory. Fortunately, the mare Revyra had been in the area since she helped repel Samsara and her skinwalkers. Haya entrusted Revyra with many herd defense responsibilities and she became something of a right-hand man for him. He grew to truly trust and respect her, and even to feel more than that. Just as his emotions were maturing into something deeper than friendship for her, Samsara attacked again.

This time, Samsara brought with a whole pack of evil soquili to assault the herd. Haya, knowing that his herdmates and friends could very well die in the assault, has had to come to some devastating conclusions. He now plans on trying to kill Samsara once and for all, to end her reign of terror on the Padmapani herd....

To be continued!
RP links:
Haya's fight school - Still new to the Padmapani herd, Haya gets involved in herd life by teaching fellow herdmembers how to defend themselves. They get a little more than they bargained for when a kalona shows up...

The time has come - Scythe takes Haya aside to tell him that he is his heir... and his son.

Of all the things that could have happened - Samsara encounters her father who is shocked and horrified at her transformation. Devastated and furious with Hayagriva's rejection, Samsara vows to make him pay for the pain he has caused her.

Monstrous empty fate - Samsara and her skinwalker group launch their attack on Hayagriva but are ultimately turned back by him and other Padmapani herd members.

After the storm - Hayagriva speaks with Revyra and they plan how to protect the herd.

The last journey - The Padmapani herd is one the move, and reflect upon things past and present.

These RPs are simultaneous and reflect what is happening to different parts of the herd:
The wheel of suffering - Hayagriva fights Samsara

Bloody nails and broken hearts - The soquili of the Padmapani herd who stayed to defend it battle with the Mahapadma.

Why do you think your pet should win?: Hayagriva's plottings with Samsara have been amazing to go through in the past year! Haya has undergone a lot of unhappiness this year and it isn't going to get any better for him. He's really developed as a character during this time and achieved maturation as an elder of the Padmapani herd.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm
I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Owner(s): Nisshou H
Pet Name: Lorenna
Teepee Link: xXx
Tell me about your Pet: Lorenna is a bit-cold hearted especially for a flutter. She's the second in command of Carmine's UnderGround but she is the reason they act more like a unit instead of a girl's club. She has a very business like attitude and carries a formal air even with those she interacts regularly with. Lorenna does not really have any friends with the closest thing to it being he relationship with Carmine. She much prefers to keep everyone at arms length as the saying goes. Some she prefers to keep even further away.

She has a particular hatred for kalona spawning directly from a fear of them. Her least favorite of all kalona is Xelloss and she would very much like to see him dead. Her disdain for the breed hasn't stopped her from working with the kalona mare Othelia, however. She uses the kalona to intimidate clients into submission or destroy them when needed, though she prefers not to resort to such drastic measures.

Much of Lorenna's past remains a closely guarded secret. Not even those in the UnderGround know where she came from. All they know is that she had only been in the area for a week before she joined up with Carmine and Wolf and that, while she dislikes getting her hooves dirty, she doesn't seem to have an aversion to murder. All together she is sophisticated lady with a sharp mind.

Tell me about your Plots: Lorenna's plots are the UnderGround's plots. To this point they've been focused on their "criminal careers" primarily with small thefts. Utilizing their particular skill sets they've helped Carmine pull off a number of heists to get them a nice pile of goods. Additionally they've rigged races and set up their own racing track for bets as well as doing favors in exchange for goods.

In the coming year things are going to get a little more interesting. The entire UnderGround, and, much to Lorenna's irritation, Xelloss are traveling to the jungle in search of "legendary artifacts" according to Carmine. To avoid spoilers let's just say they're getting more than they bargained for. There's also something more sinister waiting for them but shhhh. That is a secret.

RP links: A Furry Piece of Evidence
Intros- The Attack Dog
Steel Pins and Glass Cages
A Day Off
The rest are here.
Why do you think your pet should win?: Because she has a kalona and she's not afraid to use it.
While she's not the most developed character in my bunch she is definitely one of the most interesting. She's just over a year old. She hasn't had quite the time as some of my more developed characters but that hasn't stopped her from being amazing. She's dark, beautiful, dangerous and would make an awesome trophy.  

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:18 pm
YOU CAN SPOT ME MILES AWAY!
Owner(s): LOLTERNATIVE
Teepee Link: <3
Tell me about your Teepee: My teepee is.. it's a lot of work that's what it is. <_< It holds ALLL the information on my soquili; family, plots, backstory and even locations on maps. n_n;
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: I've put a lot of work into my teepee. The layout was all done by me. Each soq's page is colour coded to match them. I've got all the important info; personality, backstory, location, family, friends & enemies, plots and RP links and then extra info such as their herd, familiar and an explanation of locations on their maps. I like to think that, even though it's one soq per page, my teepee is easy to navigate as I have links to each soquili in the directory.
My front page has a section for breeding records, links such as plot threads and quest threads, a herd image, announcements and the latest arrival.
I've spent days upon days working on my teepee; as well as the soquili's info that's inside. I like to think it shows. n_n;  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:26 pm
YOU CAN SPOT ME MILES AWAY!
Owner(s): She-Ra of Etheria
Teepee Link: Teepee
Tell me about your Teepee: My teepee looks quite a bit different than when I first started it. Each Soquili has it's own page dedicated to giving important information like personality, history, plots for those who have very specific ideas and various artwork. With everything streamlined I think it's easy for anyone looking at my teepee to find the information they are looking for regarding any and all of my Soquili, and it also will be easy to keep updated.
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: My Gaia New Years Resolution was to finally get my butt in gear and update my teepee to a better organized and easier to update layout. So at the beginning of the month I started working on it, using word to pre-type all the missing information for it, that step alone took me a good two weeks. Then came banners and picking a layout that worked best to show all the information I had prepared for it. During this prep stage, especially while writing up the history for all of my Soquili, I discovered things about them that I had previously not know, their pasts suddenly came out as I was typing up the words. Some of these were more surprising than others and I'm glad to have this new information to work with for future role plays and plots. I have put a lot of work into my teepee this month, having taken nearly the entire month to get it completely done, and so winning this award would be the icing on the cake so to speak. Even if I don't win I am glad I did get around to doing this overhaul to my teepee.

DROOL AT MY MAN!
Pet Name: Oloneric
Tell me about your Pet: Oloneric is the quiet observant type. He can be shy when first meeting new faces but generally opens up with time. While inquisitive about the world around him Oloneric is far from adventurous, even when seeing something of interest he will rarely race forward to see what it is, instead opting to remain at a distance. When he is being more outgoing you can bet his brother Syrrin is with him, as the colt often does whatever his brother tells him to. He is also relatively quiet and doesn't speak much, though should you talk of something that interests him it may be difficult to stop his rambling and questions.

Oloneric has been through a lot in his life. Most were positive experiences, such as spending time with his family, chasing bugs, making friends, but there were also some negative experiences, like the time he was swept done a river as a foal. Of course that negative experience had a positive light in the end as he was rescued by two strangers and since then the pair has become great friends and honorary members of his families herd. He has grown a lot since then, come a bit out of his shell and has taken on more responsibilities within the herd.
Tell me about your Plots: At the moment Oloneric is playing the role of big brother to his two new sisters Poe and Lapin. He has a special bond with Poe as she is the shy, quiet type much like he was. Because of his sister's oddities (she was a twisted tunnel baby) he will be especially protective of her, knowing/fearing that others may fear or make fun of her because of her unique features.

He has also started to spent a lot of time at a shrine in the mountains that is overseen by two female Usdia, an older mare and her adopted daughter. Oloneric plans to learn as much as possible from this pair as knowledge is important to him.

I see him eventually becoming an ambassador for his herd, going out into the world, letting others know of the safe haven his family offers, sharing his knowledge and experience with new generations and showing that just because one is small doesn't mean they cannot accomplish great things.
RP links:
Quiet Time
White, Blue, and Green All Over
Similar Yet Different
Woah! What's That!?
A Charming Place
Chasing Bugs
Dreams of Flight
Exploring
Little Lost Colt
Hello Again
An Early Morning
Star Gazing
Reunion
Why do you think your pet should win?: Oloneric is extremely special, he was the first baby of the first Soquili I ever got and as such has gotten plenty of attention. I do my best to try and complete every RP I start for him, however unfortunately some have become abandoned due to the other person not replying after a while, though I have contacted these people about them to no avail. A lot of time Usdia really don't get the attention that the larger breeds get, I think Oloneric has such a cute personality, interesting look and plenty of RP and plot potential to show that these smaller breeds can be RPed as much as the others. Though he has had plenty of development since he was born I see plenty more for him in the future. And though his plots are few at this time I know there will be more in the coming months as he gains more interactions and more experience.

I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Pet Name: She-Ra
Tell me about your Pet: Misguided from the beginning She-Ra’s views of the world are not what they should be. She believes that those around her and what they do is right – even though they have evil intentions. Years of training have blinded her to what is the truth. Bad is looked upon as normal and those who are good and righteous are considered criminals and wrongdoers. Loyal to a select few She-Ra does not question the orders given to her by her superiors. In effect she is a slave to her master, so wholly devoted to his evil vision.

Her history up til the present:
Stolen from her herd while still in a basket during an attack many of the herd assumed the worst. It was bad enough that the basket was stolen. But to be stolen by a purewalker named Barracus, meant the certain death of the basket bound foal. Yet fate was kind to her, in a way, and the purewalker did not kill the foal inside. Instead he devised a plot to use the foal for his own means. However, he was not willing to raise the foal completely. A female needed to be recruited to do this. Pirata was drafted into the role of caretaker and mentor to the foal. Though Pirata did not entirely care all that much for Barracus or his plans she agreed to do this for him more for her own amusement than anything else. And if She-Ra failed? Well then the spiders Pirata had with her or Barracus would see her life come to an end.

But She-Ra did not disappoint. From the moment she came out of the basket she was brainwashed by the mare and visited often by Barracus to ensure she would remain loyal to him. She was quick to learn that their words were law and to disagree or fight back was punishable, usually a swift beating from Barracus. And so her molding into a perfect soldier began. Pirata ensured that as she grew She-Ra would see those of her own kind were in the wrong, they were the plague on the lands and had to be cleansed so that Barracus could rule. She-Ra soaked up all these lessons quickly and began to look at the lush green fields and Soquili as disgusting. The home she knew, which was barren, filled with gnarled trees, sharp rocks and a small collection of unpleasant creatures, was true beauty in her eyes. Imagine what would happen when Barracus took control of the lands. They would all look like this, and she would be a part of that.

Months of steady trained shaped She-Ra from a misguided foal to her full potential. Now she knew her purpose. She was a soldier of Barracus, but also continued to serve her mentor Pirata. She would be an asset to her Master when he made his move on the land. Most importantly of all, according to Pirata, She-Ra had a great advantage over the others. She did not look evil. And this could be used to easily fool others into trusting her. She-Ra quickly started to use this to her advantage, slowly she started to gather up Soquili from the surrounding area to either serve as slaves or meals for her Master. One such occasion She-Ra came across a young mare, Supreme, and her goat familiar, quite easily She-Ra gained her trust, explaining that she had gotten lost and needed help finding her way. Believing her to be telling the truth Supreme began to show She-Ra the way. It was one they were away from the safety of Supreme’s herd that She-Ra showed her true colors, and while the goat got away she managed to capture Supreme. This mare she brought to Pirata. Supreme would serve as a slave to her mentor or become a meal to the spiders.

Pirata graciously accepted the gift. However it was shortly after this that Pirata revealed she was expecting foals, something they often spoke of as being useless. While this angered She-Ra could do nothing, Pirata had made her decision and that was final. A short time later Pirata came with a colt in tow, the other stayed with it’s father. Pirata presented the colt to She-Ra and now he is her responsible for Agave’s training. While She-Ra isn’t entirely happy with this she obeys Pirata and takes the colt under her wing, thus passing on the brain washing that had corrupted her as foal.
Currently She-Ra has been drafted by her mentor Pirata and train her son Agave much the same was that Pirata trained She-Ra. While she is not overly thrilled about this prospect She-Ra does no turn this opportunity down either. Being able to train warriors to work under her is an opportunity she had been waiting on for some time. And this will prove to her master Barracus that she is working well for his cause.

Eventually She-Ra will see the error of her ways and that everything that she has been told and taught was a lie. This will be a very difficult time for her as she struggles to come to grips with things while Pirata and Barracus make one final attempt to regain control over their little soldier. She will at one point escape, taking as many slaves she had previously captured with her. However even her escape does not good as smoothly as she had hoped as Barracus will give chase, trying to either kill her or bring her back.

Once away from her past She-Ra will struggle again to fit in with others. She has made a name for herself up til this point and most know her as evil. She will need to work hard to gain anyone's trust.

Barracus and Pirata will continue to make appearances in her life, some where they are trying to stop her and some where she is trying to stop them. Now that she is free from their control She-Ra has vowed to right all the wrong she and they had done, hoping to eventually put a stop to Barracus' plans completely. Whether she does this is unknown.

For even more details regarding her upcoming plots go here.
RP links:
Lessons In Uselessness
First Catch of The Day
This Is How It Happened
To The Rescue!
Fight or Fight!
Delivery
Wait, What?!
Why do you think your pet should win?: For anyone familiar with She-Ra from the TV series they will know her as the righter of wrongs, her true identity of Adora had been corrupted by Skeletor to see things differently than they were and work for not against him, with no questions asked. Because of She-Ra (from the TV) series always being shown as good it's truly a challenge to play her as the evil type. However I have taken that challenge full on, and while the majority of her plots reflect what happened in the beginning of the series, when Adora turned away from evil and became the She-Ra everyone knows, once I get past that point there is a whole world of possibilities just waiting for her. Will she ever be corrupted by evil again? Will she stop her old master? Can she ever find her true family? And if she does will they accept her knowing what she has done in the past. A lot of her interactions that are happening during the current plot arc will have some effect on her in the future. Particularly coming into contact with those she had met back when she was under Barracus and Pirata's control. I do my best to finish all her RPs as well, and while her plots have been moving slowly I prefer it this way so that I can truly expand all my options for her before moving on to the next stage of her life.
There is so much potential for her in the future and I truly look forward to seeing what happens. Who wouldn't want to see what happens to this beautiful yet dangerous mare?  

She-Ra of Etheria

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:12 am
DROOL AT MY MAN!
Owner(s): Nyx Queen of Darkness
Pet Name: Karloff
Teepee Link: XxX
Tell me about your Pet: Karloff has always been a plagued individual. He was attacked as a child. For years he only remembers it in dream-like quality knowing that his mother died and father left him.

Through recent discoveries, he's found out that he as attacked by the pure walker Barraccus who maimed him and killed his mother. Barraccus then manipulated Karloff into driving his father away--if he didn't, Barraccus would kill him. He's not seen his father since.

After the events of that night, he buried his mother and journeyed on his way. He had the misconception that everyone he touched was hurt because of knowing him. It was then he decided to seek out the life of a cursed skinwalker in an effort to stop feeling guilty and lost all the time.

After a meeting with Terra Stryker, he decided that a life of anger was not what he wanted. There were people he cared for--like Solieanna and Ailbhe. Through his friendship with them, and later Haxan he sought a way to make his life better. However, it was not until he met Maion that he was able to gain some structure.

Karloff learned that he is not a monster. He controls his appetite for blood and helps others with the same. He offers wisdom and guidance to them. He's taken in Raphael and raised him with Ailbhe as their son and has helped him with craving for blood and flesh.

Now as the memories of Barraccus flood back and his encounter with him, Karloff remembers his promise--that he would come to destroy everything he loved and cared for. Now is the time to prepare.

I'm still working on some of these.

Barraccus and Karloff will have numerous encounters this year--probably in the past and in the present which will mold Karloff into become a more aggressive rather than passive leader. He'll be seeking to help others and make friends. More and more, he'll find himself in the position of having to help others and to lead--which will provide him with the skills to help him fight for the ones he loves and save them from Barraccus.

There's several plots to do with Ailbhe and how they raise Lucian. Later Lucian is going to give into the voices and do something horrible. It will be Karloff's role to help him get the help he needs and protect everyone from Lucian until he's back on track.

Generally, still a work in progress. He's going to have leadership thrust on him as it's not something he'd seek outright. So I'll be looking for RP for him next month to fill other people's help plots and coming up with a few of my own.
RP links:

(PRP).....And Found (Maion and Karloff)
(PRP) The Whole Truth (Karloff and Barraccus)
[PRP] Here, catch! [KarloffxJessamine]

{PRP} Walking The Line {KarloffXAmelia Nox}
[PRP] So, we meet again... (Karloff & Soileana)
(PRP) This is only the beginning...-Karloff and Ailbhe
{PRP} Into the Woods (Sonja & Karloff)
(PRP) A Little Bit of Understanding- Karloff and Chatella
[PRP] Run Little Rabbit, Run (Karloff & Avia)

Self
(PRP) The Variable (Karloff)
(PRP) Nature or Nurture? (Karloff and Lucian)

Finished

[PRP] Meeting of Minds (Haxan and Karloff)
(PRP) Skins- (Karloff and Ameline)

(PRP) How Sippy met Binky (Karloff and Idonea)

Rolly polly doe? (Brialan Oralee,Karloff&Lucian)
(PRP) Part of the Sideshow (Karloff and Terra Stryker)
(PRP) Who are you?-(Karloff and Soileana)
(PRP)"To Bite or..."- Karloff and Ailbhe
(PRP) Scars....Tear My Heart Open. ((Karloff and Ailbhe))
(PRP)Kitty? (Idonea and Karloff)
(PRP) This Place is Death--Karloff and Hania Shen

Why do you think your pet should win?:
Karloff is my love. I mean that. He is evolving and I'm learning with him. He's my most RP'ed pet. He's come a long way, and he still has a long way to go--but I think the progress he's made in the year since I've got him is impressive. He's fun and he proves over and over again that looks can be deceiving.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 am
CLOSED!!!

Entries after this post will be ignored.

Give me a few days to judge! But I will get the results to you ASAP guys!
You rock, and you are all awesome! =D

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm
Ok.... a decision has been made... and it's rather uncoventional XD, but who said we have to play by the rules?

Anyways.
After reading all the fantastic entries I found myself really torn... so I left it a day; read them again and confronted my other judge. Two soquili's stories had me with my heart in my mouth begging for more.... the issue? They were both female! And so, since this is a celebration of the plots and stories of 2011 I have decided to give an award to both females and no males. This is not because the male entries were 'lacking' but rather that these two females shone that little bit brighter.

------------------------------------

Soquili winners:

User Image
I hope her war against the skinwalkers and the chaos that will follow Zev saving Rynn goes well..... I shall be watching! =D

User Image
EVIL! *shudders* It takes guts to go all out for a plot as deadly as Samasara's; though I am a sucker and can't help but root for Haya and the side of good.

BOTH OF YOU PLEASE PM ME: So we can discuss what 'shape' you would like them to be 'speaking' on the banner. (It is a heart on the sample). Nothing too complicated though please.

Teepee winner:

LOLTERNATIVE

Your teepee is colourful, well set out and has a lot of indepth details that were interesting to read.

PLEASE PM ME: So we can discuss any little details you would like on your teepee design. Nothing overly complicated though please.

I just wanted to say again how awesome everyone is!
The stories and plots going on are so interesting that I will find myself stalking their RPs after this!
So keep it up smile and happy 2012 everyone!
May it rock harder than 2011.

If you would like feedback or just some nice comments about your pet(s) or teepee please don't hesitate to PM me.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:25 pm
Omg I'm so happy. Thank you so much. crying  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:10 pm
Yay Malis! *grins*

Thanks for the awesome opportunity ^-^~

Malis totally should have a totem-mask shape *nods nods*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm
Grats, though I am a little disappointed in not seeing any male winners to be honest >.>  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:47 pm
Congratulations!  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2