Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:07 am
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:30 am
chester poole
MUSCLEBOUND BRAINIAC
User Image
    Chester rarely does anything halfway. His childhood was marked by an escalating series of spelling bees, mathlympiads, and science fairs, all of which he sought out himself and loved participating in, even when he could barely speak around his nerves. He dove into organized sports with equal gusto in response to his parents' approval, and though that didn't really pan out, he stuck with weightlifting and cardio long after he stopped attending basketball practice. It makes for an excellent distraction sometimes, especially when he's stressed. Like now. Though he prides himself on his mind, Chester can't help but notice that he's exercising more and more often these days.

troubles, past and present

I'M MAJORING IN OVERACHIEVING (??? - ???)
    As a boy, Chester was always on the receiving end of false praise for his carefully cultivated above average intelligence, the effort most likely a balm intended to offset his parents' disappointment in his portly physique and painful shyness. They were (and are) rather unapologetically sports-focused people, so when Chester's baby fat redistributed itself as nearly a foot of height over the summer of his fifteenth year, their prayers were answered. This was the child they wanted, a child they could encourage without embarrassed reluctance. Instead of continuing to cast him as the savior of modern medicine, they began to champion his obvious future as the next great American sports hero. Basketball, swimming, track, tennis, rowing, it didn't matter what he took up, as long as he cooled it with the test tube s**t.

Over the next three years of practices and training, Chester's love of the test tube s**t never cooled, and his coordination proved poor enough to guarantee that he'd never excel at anything more athletic than lifting weights. It took a while for his parents to come around, but they eventually accepted that while wishing to become an engineer was a desire they would never understand, it made their son deliriously happy. Who where they to stand in his way?

In his senior year at Ashdown Central, Chester applied for early admission at MIT and was promptly awarded a spot in the class of 2019. He was ecstatic. He thought he had it made, that in a few short years he'd be flying around in his very own Poole Industries fully functioning Iron Man costume, but burnout came fast and hard, gifting him with a minor nervous breakdown and a vacation home. He is scheduled to return to school in the fall, but he's a little afraid to go back after what happened the first time.

powers

BITS N' PIECES (DREAMER)
    Any board game or puzzle that Chester happens to crack open has all of its dice, cards, and other peripherals, even the ones that were previously missing when others went to play.

CIPHER HANDS (RISER)
    By waving his palm over any words that are visible (written, carved, etc.) and in a language he understands, Chester has the ability to encode those words into an unbreakable cipher. If he waves his hand over the words again, he can decode them as well. While he's doing this, the text shimmers slightly.

CIPHER SPEECH (BEYOND)
    Chester can communicate in an untranslatable language with any one person at a time. Each language has a different sound to it depending on who he is speaking to, and the only person able to understand this communication is the one Chester means it for in any given conversation. (From an OOC standpoint, "conversations" will most commonly be delineated by individual RPs, but Chester might also enter into a new one if he moves into a new space in an ORP or the person he was talking to leaves his presence entirely. If he is clearly speaking to two or more people at a time, one will get the cipher language and the others will get English.) As stated, the person he is communicating with will understand him, though they will remain aware of the fact that what is coming out of his mouth actually sounds like structured gibberish. They will be unable to respond in anything but a language they already know.

TINKERER'S EXPERTISE (TINKER TOY QUEST)
    This ability allows Chester to understand a mechanical item. How to take it apart, put it back together, and ultimately how the parts could serve as part of another project.

AS I SAY (BONUS POWER #1)
    By touching one of his robotic creations or an existing mechanical object of the same level of complexity, Chester can give the object a single, simple instruction to be continuously carried out until he touches it again and tells it to stop. This instruction has to be something the object can do on its own without displaying creative sentience or moving in a way it would not naturally move.

yes:
        - a pen clicking itself once every four seconds
        - a hot wheels car rolling forward indefinitely

no:
        - a metal man washing the dishes (too complex an action)
        - a furby rolling forward indefinitely (furbies don't have wheels and therefore it would have to make a 'choice' to roll on its side somehow, which is outside the scope of this power)

WATCHMAN (OPT-IN)
    Chester is capable of staying up for 24 hours straight without any appreciable loss of quickness, skill, or... anything. He's just up.

HOME (META FOUR)
    Chester can always find his way home. Not to the physical place, but to the person, place, or thing that will bring him the most comfort at any given juncture. "Comfort" here means the most immediate feeling of well-being, not necessarily the one that will solve his long-term problem.

ALL SEEING (EYE SEE YOU)
    While carrying one of All Seeing's eyes, Chester's eyesight is a bit better than average and he can see farther than a normal human could.

DOING THE BATTY BAT (HAUNTED HOUSE)
    Those bug ridden summer nights aren’t such a problem anymore. Bats seem to really like you and hang around at night, cleaning the air of bugs around you. No more mosquito bites on those romantic late night dates! Plus you also dispel that ridiculous myth about them getting stuck in anyone’s hair.

anything else

• Birthday: January 17, 1997 (20)
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Middle Name: Nicholas
  • Parents: Davis and Mira
  • Works part time at Pawna Arcana
  • Lives with Preacher Maria and Mink

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:44 am
rp log
no check = in progress
✔ = complete but not yet used
= used for requirements
= abandoned / completed but not suitable for requirements / many things

CIVILIAN
04.15.2016 | the bad streets of ashdown (orp) ✔
04.20.2016 | in the last days (???)
04.30.2016 | reboot (hana) ✔
05.02.2016 | once upon a time (temperance)

blackfriars

DREAMER
06.04.2016 | first friday (ignacio)
06.06.2016 | seven eleven (chel)
07.22.2016 | other spin class (quest solo)
07.26.2016 | practice makes puddles (quest prp) (algernon)
08.10.2016 | prince of parties (solo)
08.22.2016 | book boys (nathaniel)

the fairy ball

09.12.2016 | introvert (solo)
10.02.2016 | follow the leader (jeremiah)
10.02.2016 | what's this? (preacher)
10.04.2016 | partly cloudy (gloom)
10.10.2016 | nerd pow wow (alg) ✔
10.11.2016 | privacy, please (solo) ✔

RISER
10.19.2016 | pester (preacher)
10.24.2016 | haunted house (solo)

meta four

01.07.2017 | eye see you (orp)
01.27.2017 | abomination (solo)
02.28.2017 | otherdump (oliver)
03.02.2017 | connect with your breath (lily)
03.10.2017 | birds and bots (america) [q]
03.14.2017 | tampered path (jeremiah) [q]
04.13.2017 | do not want (solo)
04.13.2017 | the end (vivien) [q]
04.28.2017 | brains (kaleb)
04.29.2017 | toy robots (erin)
05.08.2017 | mysterious (eve)
05.09.2017 | what the deuce? (preacher)
05.15.2017 | temporary library card (library)

elemental water (preacher)

06.01.2017 | secret identity (oliver)
06.07.2017 | magic house (preacher)
06.08.2017 | let's taco 'bout it (preacher)
06.16.2017 | moving on (solo)
06.16.2017 | an unnamed solo (solo)
06.17.2017 | call me, beep me (preacher)

meta five

07.07.2017 | the second hand unwinds (preacher) ✔

BEYOND
07.16.2017 | good afternoon (preacher)
07.19.2017 | time trials (eve)
07.21.2017 | the new court (orp)
07.23.2017 | they were all yellow (preacher)
07.25.2017 | a new world of magic (jeremiah)
07.28.2017 | freckles and burns (preacher)
08.08.2017 | the sketchbook
08.12.2017 | another brick in the wall (preacher)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:54 am
requirements

BEYOND TO BEYOND2
    THREE completed events, which here means you participated in at least two story-moving roleplays and wrote at least 500 words in each

TWENTY new, completed RPs of any kind in which you wrote at least 500 words (x = incomplete but meets word count)

POWER ONE (AS I SAY)
FIVE new, completed RPs of any kind in which you wrote at least 500 words

RISER TO BEYOND

ELEMENTAL WATER
  • one RP where the involved characters do research into possible symbolism for water.
  • one RP where the involved characters acquire a rare material required for their item's attunement.
  • one RP where the involved characters create the item using the item creation dice mechanic.
  • one RP with Silk giving the item into her care.

DREAMER TO RISER

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:30 am
art

official beyond art by Silverah
official riser art by cibarium
official dreamer art by AMItotic
bust by shibrogane
bust by rookeries
preacher and chester!!! by llstarcasterll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 am

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:41 am

???
  • rp with a warg
  • rp with a noble
  • a solo (1000 words) about not being differentiated
    • http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=25116795 it's in my notebook but it's still too short omnomnom
  • rp with vivien
  • orp with undifferentiated visitors or maybe everyone
    • ???
  • end solo
    • ???

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:48 am

quest request!!
    This quest is for chester poole, musclebound brainiac.
      - I am interested in
      • a higher level tinkering ability
      • the ability to give low-level instructions to mechanical constructs
      • the ability to 'speak' to mechanical constructs, whatever that means
      • any of the above or something similar
      I like solos and would love an art component to this that I could challenge myself with, maybe some machinery designs/blueprints or something idk.
      - I am not interested in maiming and death.
      - Some rewards I am interested in are: a power! I'm horrible at coming up with these things on my own.

By posting this form, I acknowledge that I cannot request another quest for four weeks from today, (date). I will follow the outline given to me and I will notify the staff when the quest is complete.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:54 am

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:56 am

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:57 am

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:59 am