Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
A Mini Basket RP Contest [Congrats Nim Haven!] [Archive] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x Yuki Bear x

Dapper Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 pm
User Image

Hello there - thanks for coming in! This is a simple RP-based basket giveaway. Everyone is welcomed to join!

Opened - 11/14
Closes - 11/22 10PM EST

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 pm
Ya'll are entering to win this little mini nugget right here:

User Image

The twisted hint given by Mind is as follows:

"The shadows played against the first mottled basket, shadowy spines growing from it as some spiraled, a ragged exclusionary maw opening up before it vanished as the shadows passed over the moon."

Time to meet the dysfunctional mini family...

User Image
Zhulik: Zhulik is a loner at heart. It's very hard to gain his trust - thanks to Adara worming her way into his heart and then leaving him. Zhulik is left alone to care for the baskets while Adara goes about her life being a mischievousness little pain in the butt. He's pretty much going to be a very awkward father and have no idea what he's doing. However, he will love his children with all his heart.

User Image
Adara: Adara always knew she'd never stay with Zhulik. He was just a fling, and her foals were just a burden. She's always been a free spirit and that's how she'll stay. The kids will probably never meet her unless it's in a dramatic plot twist.

User Image
Basket #2: Owned by Fea Line.

User Image
Basket #3: Owned by me, x Yuki Bear x.

x Yuki Bear x

Dapper Vampire

x Yuki Bear x

Dapper Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 pm
I'm currently suffering from a very bad case of pneumonia, so I'm looking for a nice, quick contest that's no more than a week long. Since Fea and I love to RP (and since I'm a bit of a soq RP newb OTL), I'm looking for someone that will RP well with us within the family for plots and things of that nature in the future.

I'm not expecting anyone to have a personality and name picked out just by looking at the basket. I could never really do that myself. What I'd like to see is just a simple RP response to my prompt. In addition to that, if you have RPed in Soquili, I'd like to see at least one link to a finished RP. It'll give me some nice reading to do while I'm sick in bed ♥. I'm also asking for a link to your Teepee if you have one just to see your other Soq's personalities and whatnot. All of this will show me that you have the capacity to be a good future owner for this little basket.

For the prompt, I'm using Zhulik's current situation.

The Prompt:

You're a stallion/mare keeping watch over your baskets while you wait for your lover to return from her/his walk. As time passes and the light of day dims, you realize that she/he is not coming back.

Describe your feelings as time progresses to that final realization.

The form:

[size=10][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Teepee Link:[/b]
[b]Completed RP Link(s):[/b]
[b]Prompt Response:[/b]
[/size]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 pm
Aaaand open c: Ya'll can post ^__^

x Yuki Bear x

Dapper Vampire

Baby Pandah II

Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:37 pm
Username: Baby Pandah (my main account)
Teepee Link: X (Currently under construction)
Completed RP Link(s): Copper (one of my soq. and his life mate together)
Bly RP

Prompt Response:
Three tiny baskets, all bundled up and placed together to form a safe little triangle. Everything was perfect. She'll be back soon, and then everything will be even more perfect. Yes, perfect. He glanced at the sky, noting the time by the position of the sun and sighing contentedly. He stared at the sky until the clouds turned orange and pink and purple. Though what he saw was beautiful, he began to think things were not perfect after all. Something's not right. He glanced at the baskets, not wanting to leave his little family behind to search for her. She'll be back soon. And then everything will be perfect again. But things were only about to get worse. The orange sky faded into a deep blue, and the stars began to wink at him mockingly, twinkling and saying "She's not coming back, you fool." His heart sank, and he peered at his baskets through tear flooded eyes. Was she hurt? Would that be better than the thought of her abandoning him and their family? No...maybe. He felt so hopeless at the thought that she didn't want him, but more importantly, these beautiful baskets. He snuggled each of them with all the care he could. I'll look for her in the morning when I can hide the baskets...maybe she really is hurt. "But probably not," the stars told him, shaking their heads in pity.

Updated to add another RP link. smile 11/14/12
Updated to add new teepee link. 11/18/12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:28 am

Username:
AllSummedUpNJazz

Teepee Link:
SummedUps Teepee
I have two more Soquili (Arcadeamiss and Hex Fettergeist) that will be added in to my Teepee probably at the start of next month when the stats Ive collected for this month get added in.
Plot thread has their personalities and more links to RPs

Completed RP Link(s):
When i RP i usually involve more than just one or two of the Soquili in my Teepee. I see them as part of a family. Not blood family but held together by their bond through my Indian persona.

~A-Are those Fangs?!
This rp isn't finished but if you liked the story in the first Rp this is the continuation..

~This RP is a finished example of the kind of family dynamic my teepee has. also of a my short hand version of my RP style because not everyone has time for lengthy responses.
The New Generation of Trickster

Prompt Response:
Name: Ecto Surrender (will be female in the prompt.)
I choose the name because Ecto Cooler was a ghostbusteres themed orange High C drink. Since her mother was an orange sorbet breed soquili and this is a Halloween breeding i thought it was kinda fitting smile this isnt written in stone it may change once i see the foal.

FULLY EDITED. i might have missed a spelling error or two but the story wont be altered anymore.

Ecto looked down at the small baskets and pondered with slight irritation the lack of practicality these baskets had. The largest issue being why had no one ever thought to put a handle on these things. Something so she could perhaps pick them up with her mouth instead of dragging them across the ground in a tedious and often very rough manner. Seriously how long had humans been weaving baskets to house soquili foals? Certainly one would think that someone might have considered at some point that these baskets might need to be moved. If not for sheer comfort than at least for safety. What if flooding occurred? There was no way to move these baskets very efficiently on her own or even with the help of her - she paused and looked about the sun was setting twilight was well set in and darkness crept amongst the trees toward her.
 "Mate." she said aloud completing her thought as she swallowed a dry lump of worry that suddenly formed at the back of her mouth. She hadn't realized it but he had left long ago for a simple walk.
"Darling?. . ." she called gently hoping he was near enough to hear her. She wanted to shout but knew it was best not to draw attention to herself in these the awaking hours of all things predatory. Perhaps he was just a little distracted surely he would be along any moment she thought.  So she began to push the baskets further into the hollowed out tree, gently she made sure they were nestled safely against the back wall with dry leaves pushed up around them for extra warmth. Poking her head out for one last look around she found no trace of him and backed herself in then closed the make shift entrance cover for the night. 
Quietly she laid down in the darkness near the baskets and strained her ears to try and hear his hoof beats. 
Time passed slowly only the sound of her own breathing and the occasional rustle from within the baskets stirred the silence. The day had been long her and eye lids were heavy. Sleep soon folded her in its velvet embrace.
The dreams it brought was unusual as the events were just a recap of what had actually occurred over the last month or so from her own perspective. So basically like living them again. The only change was she  was given and wore these strange things that covered her eyes (glasses) that made everything a rosy tint. Things were happy and as to be expected it was a happy dream.
 Suddenly she was jolted awake by a sound. Her eyes snapped open and she looked about in the darkness It turned out after much tense listening that the sound had been nothing so she soon fell back to sleep. 
This time however the dream had taken another turn. Instead of reliving the last months she now observed them from a distance. Unable to speak or interact with herself or anyone else. The strange rosy tinted eye covers had been removed as well so the world looked dull and gray but perhaps the most disturbing she noticed her behavior had not changed while her mates had. He seemed irritable, distant, pensive, perhaps even angry in this new light. This new world. This new reality. 
Eventually morning came she expected to find him sleeping beside her alas he was not so she went to go outside into the morning light. On her walk to the stream she contemplated the dream and her memories. Even as she bent her head to drink she denied the truth that was staring her in the face. That is until a fish most out of character splashed a large amount of water for no reason into her face. 

That was the final push . . .all she needed to admit the truth to herself. 

The world she had seen in her dream. The one dull and gray with his strange behavior had been the real world. . .had been the reality. She had just been to obstructed by her love to see it. She had been seeing things the way she wanted to see them not as they really were. He must have known she couldn't see things as they really were and left her without a word. Knowing she wouldn't understand. An image of his true expression as he said he was going for a walk yet gave no reply as to when he would return the afternoon of the day before flashed through her mind.
He looked exhausted. 
"He is never coming back." she said quietly as water dripped from her face and mane back into the stream. 
It felt as if the world was crushing her. Immediately she thought to look for him to try and convince him to stay that perhaps they could work things out.
She rushed back to the tree and to try and find some tracks to follow as a starting point. she found them starting at the entrance of the tree they had made their home. She was ready to leave and then she saw the baskets.
for a moment she looked to the tracks then back to the baskets.
He hadn't just left her . . .he had left his family. without a word without a warning. had he even nuzzled them one last time before he left?
Suddenly it dawned on her that anyone worth fighting for wouldn't leave their family. Let him leave she decided. He wasn't worth it. After all her father had raised her and her siblings on his own who was to say she couldn't do the same.

was this how father felt when mother left? she wondered and looked up at the sky for a moment then with a few quick motions of her tail she swept the tracks in front of the tree away and walked in to lay back down beside the family she still had.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

also thanks for the opportunity to get in on the Halloween awesomeness!

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Thalea

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 am
Username: Thalea
Teepee Link: [x]
Completed RP Link(s):
A sample of a Completed AIM rp– Confessions of the Heart
Normal Completed Guild Rps: [x], [x], [x], [x]
Uncompleted Rps: [x], [x], [x]
Prompt Response:

Quote:
You're a stallion/mare keeping watch over your baskets while you wait for your lover to return from her/his walk. As time passes and the light of day dims, you realize that she/he is not coming back.

~ The prompt will be written from the mare’s point of view and her name is Miel ~

Green eyes peered into the darkness; the moon had made its way to the peak of the sky and was now making its descent. The night dwellers had come out of there slumber and were now reigning supreme in the dark woods. The honey colored mare turned her head to look at the vast blanket of the myriad glittering stars, surrounded by the beauty of the night, her heart was silently breaking. Lukus, the stallion who had possessed her heart, had left when the sun was still smiling in the sky for his walk, supposedly to let the fact soak in that he was now a father of three. Negative, horrible thoughts entered the mare’s mind about why he had yet to return: perhaps he was attacked by a skinwalker or hit his head and suffered from amnesia? The mare did not want to believe that he left her, for they had children together, he had to love her, right?

The night appeared silent as she wallowed in her grief, for she could hear nothing but the sound of her fragile heart breaking. Her eyes were watery with tears as she looked in the direction Lukus walked; Miel did not want to believe that he had abandoned her in the woods with three baskets. As the night wore on, it became evident that was the sad cold hearted truth of the matter. She wanted to push him from her mind, but she was unable to do that simple task, for her mind and heart were at war.

Glazed green eyes locked on the three baskets, the last remnants of Lukus, the stallion who she believed she had loved. Miel straightened her posture; she needed to be strong for her younglings. On the outside she appeared as if she was a strong mother, ready to face the world, but inside she was in turmoil. One wish continuously filtered through her mind, hopefully tomorrow would be kinder.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 am
Username: Froggie Doll
Teepee Link: Don't own any Soq's yet ^^"
Completed RP Link(s): If you want, I could send you links to my RP's and journal in Carousel instead? D:
Prompt Response:

October 24th - Miss Anabelle stood on top of the hill, watching the road zigzag its' way below, as her one true love walked away. Her long mane was billowing in the wind, waving him goodbye. He was soon out of sight, and she returned to the Teepee, where her sister was watching over the three little baskets.
"They are growing impatient. I'm sure they'll be running about just in time for his return. He must be a proud father."
Anabelle peeked inside one of the baskets. The foal was fast asleep, wrapped safe and tight in a its' blanket. Could she do this alone? It was only a few weeks. She would make him proud, and they would too.
"I must head back to my family, sister dearest. Will you be alright now?"
She gave her a nod, not lifting her head from the precious baskets...

November 12th - Anabelle sang her foals to sleep. They had now left the comfort of their baskets, and there father was no where in sight.
"Don't worry, little ones. I'm sure he'll return soon."
But deep inside, she was the one worrying. The foals had never seen their father's face, and yet it kept haunting her dreams. Why hadn't he returned yet? Where was he? What if something had gone wrong? No, she had to be strong. For them, and for him. Soon they'd all be together again...

November 20th - They grew so fast. They were already playing on the fields, just like they did when they were young. And they all had his eyes... Some days, she couldn't bare looking at them. Why had he done this to her? Why was he still away? She couldn't raise them on her own, she just couldn't. The other day, she took them to the cliffs by the sea. She almost felt like pushing them, right over the egde. Her own children... Why did she have to feel like this? What was the purpose of this suffering? She had to pull herself together...

December 3rd - The frost blew in during the night. The winter was late this year. Anabelle's sister came to watch over the children while she went to the hill again. It was the fourth time this week she'd been waiting there. She kept watching the road, but no one ever walked there. She knew it already. He wouldn't be back. If only she could go looking for him. If only she wasn't tied to this place...

December 5th - Her sister was visiting again, together with her oldest daughter. The foals liked to play with her. She was very good with the young. Anabelle stood atop that hill for hours in the cold. She had to find him. She had to. Her children wouldn't grow up without a father. She couldn't live without him. She returned to the Teepee when the sun had gone down.
"Still no signs of him?"
She shook her head.
"Give him some time. I'm sure... Just, don't worry too much, okay? We're here for you."
Anabelle kissed the little ones goodnight, thou they were already dreaming away. As her sister and her daughter waited outside, she whispered "Please, forgive me..."
"My dearest Lisbeth, would you stay a little while longer? There is something I must do..."
"Of course, love. Take all the time you need."
Lisbeth watched her sister disappear into the night.
"Come on Marjorie, let's go inside..."
That was the last time she saw her.

Froggie Doll

Tiny Frog

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm
Username: tefla
Teepee Link: Here (( I don't have personalities down for my Soquili written down. They are all in here :: taps side of her head :: ))
Completed RP Link(s):
Beach Party for One (Gaston)
Obstacles in My Way (Terra Stryker)
Scream for Me (Tsaheylu)
Heart to Heart (Echo's Song/Sunset's Coda)
Prompt Response:

At first there didn't seem to be anything wrong. The feeling of completeness overwhelmed the lone figure. She was standing guard over the baskets that protected her young children. Their father had decided to take a break from the ever stressful job of keeping a protective detail and chasing away potential predators from making a meal of their children. He had given her a gentle nuzzle of goodbye before starting on the path that led out of the fertile valley that they called home. The mare walked the perimeter of the grassy thicket that she had moved the baskets into just hours earlier. She peered into the thicket entrance, and assured for the time being, trotted over to the place where the path met the forest. There was no sound of hooves impacting the solid ground and she grew puzzled. Surely a time had been set for his return; had he not even said that he would be back by nightfall?

Feeling restless and slightly foolish the mare returned to the thicket. She stood outside before entering the protected space and nuzzled each of her baskets in turn. She was trying to reassure herself more than her children that everything was as it should be. She closed her eyes and dozed, grateful for a chance of shut-eye. When the foals came there would be even less chances to grab a restful period of sleep.

When she awoke there was a sharp bite of frost in the air. She peered out of the thicket and realized that the sun had just recently set. Her heart beat frantically as distant howls registered in her mind. Wolves! The calls seemed far off for now. But wait a moment ... where was her mate? He should have been back a long time ago. Worried, the mare checked each of her baskets again before exiting the thicket with a cautious step. Her gaze swept the area, expecting the sudden greeting of her partner to startle her. Nothing greeted her though. She grew even more alarmed. Had something befallen her beloved? Had something happened to him to keep him from returning to her side? She paused on the path and stared into the growing darkness. He couldn't just leave her ... could he? The mare's heart leaped into her throat at this realization. Recalling the moment that he had turned away to begin his walk he had not replied to her about when he would return. A sudden rage filled her slight frame to the brim. How dare he leave and foist three young, defenseless foals on her?

The mare turned away from the road, tears of bitterness blinding her eyes to all that was around her. She had to turn around twice when she realized that she'd walked too far before attempting to clear the jumbled emotions warring inside. At last she found the thicket again and crawled inside. Her heart sank as she took in the sight of the baskets. These children would never know their father.

An odd expression overtook her as she repeated her thought out loud. "I vow that these foals will never know of their father." She sank to the ground on unsteady legs. Her heart was breaking for sure but her resolve to keep the spoken vow was quickly filing her to the brim with the courage needed to face the next day ... and the day after that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:25 pm
Edit 11/17: Added Teepee link

Username: LexThetaSigma
Teepee Link: Teepee
Completed RP Link(s): I don't have any rps here in SoQ but I would be glad to link you to 3 of my journals with roleplay links from other shops.
Prompt Response:

The mare was watching the baskets with a close eye; they had only arrived recently after a long wait that had caused some heartache between her and her mate. She did her best to keep close to them, wanting to be the first thing they saw when they finally emerged. Occasionally she would lay right up against them. She wasn't sure if it did them any good, but she liked the idea that they could feel her near and could recognize her warmth. She had tried to get her mate to do the same but he kept refusing, saying there wasn't a point until the fowls emerged. Ever since the baskets had shown up, he had barely shown any interest in them. He kept telling her that he would be better with them when he could walk around with them and play with them so she believed it and took it on herself to watch over their baskets carefully and tend to them.

Speaking of her mate, he had gone out earlier claiming that he wanted to walk for a bit and get himself a drink of water. When he returned, he would take watch over the baskets so she could take her own turn down at the nearby water hole. Hopefully he would be back soon; not that she wanted to leave the precious baskets, but because she wanted to hurry and get her drink so she could get back to them just in case. What if the fowls emerged and she wasn't around?

She laid there for a while waiting; long enough that she noticed the sun had begun to set, leaving the sky a dark red color as the glowing ball got closer to the horizon. He should have been back by now. She took a breath to calm herself, figuring he had ventured out a little farther than he had planned or that he had stopped to graze before coming back to her.

She decided to wait a bit longer, but as the sky darkened and the stars began to appear above her, she couldn't deny it anymore. As the night set in, she felt a coldness seep into her bones; some would say it was the night air but she knew exactly what it was.

Her mate, her confidant, her best friend, her fowls' father, the stallion she had loved for the better part of her life, her everything had left her alone.

A somber, broken hearted cry came from her mouth as she collapsed by the baskets, curling herself in on them. Nothing would ever be the same again.

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nim Haven

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm
Username: Nim Haven
Teepee Link: Link – My teepee is still somewhat under construction, but most of the information is there!
Completed RP Link(s): Bruised and Battered

[ I too am a Soquili noob. I don't have any completed rps, but I do have one I am starting. Job schedule has stopped me from being as active as I would like to be.]
Prompt Response:

[ I'm entering as a male for this prompt. I was thinking about it, and the dynamic of mother leaving babies and father is not as common as father leaving, so I thought it might be more interesting. Also I have more female Soqs then male; I know the gender of my response influences the basket gender not at all, but I'll chalk it up to wishful thinking. For the prompt I am using the name Victor, mainly because it is the first name that came to mind. Not exactly mystic and awesome, but good and solid, practical, like the imaginary stallion I am thrusting into this situation.]]

It had been too long since he had had a moment to himself. Lowering his body next to his baskets he exhaled slowly, sides moving with the volume of the breath. A hectic seven months to be sure. Victor looked at the baskets again, allowed the swell of happiness, of pure, simple joy bloom in his body, from his ears to the tip of his tail. Victor was a father. He had wanted this for... well, since he had seen a foal, following along in its father’s wake, mimicking his actions. Victor had known then and there he was destined to be a father.

Finding a lady, a friend and partner, a mate... that was another totally different obstacle to overcome. Victor had never been a 'ladies man'. He appreciated them. Their sweet smelling manes, and delicate hooves, their eyes, and colors, and curves, similar but oh so different from his own. He admired, yes. Quietly, from the corner. Where no one noticed him. Victor had long ago found that he did not have to hide. He just had to be, and no one noticed him. He could go about his business quietly, calmly, and he honestly only ever disliked it when his want for children would well up in his throat, the possibilities often making him choke up. He wanted it so bad he hurt. Little ones. Minds so pure, so like a sponge, able and willing to soak up all that he had to teach. And there was so much he wanted to share; all the quite places in the forest he had found. All the secret beauties, the hidden wonders. The caves that seemed so terrifying , dark and damp and bleak until you got to the farthest reaches of the passages and you found a cathedral , rounded walls of crystals, a spring as it's alter, the wide open sky it's steeple. Or the meadows with the sweetly scented grass, so long it tickled his belly as he walked among it, the wind always singing soft songs, if you could pause and listen. How these places could, no... would shine with the laughter and play of his foals.

He smiled, nuzzling each of the baskets, making sure to be gentle. They were smaller then he thought they would be. Although if he was to be honest, (and he often was) he would say that the small size only endeared the baskets to him even further. He had yet to even meet the foals and he already loved them. He had been waiting anxiously to meet them for seven months. Seven crazed, heart stopping, blindingly fast paced months. But that was how his lover operated. She called herself Sky, and Victor thought that was oddly appropriate, because she seemed to have fallen from it.

He had been walking to his meadow, mind a million miles away, the breezes music luring him onward and forward when he had noticed it. Her. The discovery had taken him long enough. She had been standing there, on the skyline, staring towards the trees, a noticeable spot on the horizon from the moment he had gotten into the meadow. Thinking back Victor could only blame his daydreams for his oblivion. He had been startled to see someone else in his meadow. Not that he thought he had claims to it. Victor didn’t even think he had discovered it. Not for the first time at least. But he was the only one to frequent it now, and that was what mattered to him. But there she had been, Sky, beautiful and mysterious. He had been drawn closer, a silent, overlooked moth to her vibrant flame. And she had seen him.

The thought made Victor’s heart skip. She had seen him. He had approached her in the meadow. Clearing his throat as he got closer to her, not wanting to startle the mare, he paused, waiting until she had turned before coming closer. Victor was always a gentleman. Or shy. It really was a debatable attitude. It had been only a moment, of pause, but she had heard, or sensed him. Turning, the ever fickle breeze blowing her mane slightly, making her light colored hair dance over her hide, Victor had been struck speechless. And Sky had looked at him and smiled.

That was their beginning, Victor thought happily, his mind rolling through the frolicking, prancing around the meadow together, talking, Sky coaxing words from Victor, Victor more often than not tying himself up in knots. Sky’s gentle patience paired with her boundless energy had been a heady combination for Victor. He had quickly found himself well and truly attracted to the mare. Her beauty, quick wit, and surprising amount of patience for him and his slow ways had been an unpredictable and exciting discovery. They had fallen together, fallen into friendship, and moved from there, and shortly after, one evening Victor would never forget, Sky had looked at him, and with that little, mischievous, secretive smile of hers, told him the good news. She had told him of the life, growing in her belly. Victory had been overcome. He hadn’t even noticed the tears until Sky’s velvety nose was gently brushing against his cheek, wiping them away. He had been unable to speak, so he had pressed himself to Sky’s side, and she seemed to understand. They had stayed silent, pressed together, and Victor had fallen asleep to the steady beat of Sky’s heart.

Tearing himself out of his memories, Victor looked around. It was getting dark. Smiling slightly to himself he stands, shaking his mane and tail, he walked around their little teepee, the perimeter checks more for his own good then to ward off any real danger. Looking to the sky again, it took him a long moment before he stopped moving, head turning, looking the way Sky had left. It had been hours… and she was not back yet? Victor’s throat tightened, taking a few steps in the direction she had left.

It was the rustle of one of the foals shifting in their basket that stopped him. Turning back at the baskets, so small, defenseless, and Victor’s heart began the uncomfortable trip down to the base of his spine. His babies… he couldn’t leave them. Turning again to look at the way Sky had left, he spoke softly. “She could come back… she could have just gotten distracted…” The words sounded empty in his head. It had been hours, and his lover had promised minutes. Fresh air and the enjoyment of a pretty day and she would be back. He didn’t want to admit it… didn’t want the possibility to be true… but his instincts were a quite thrum in the back of his head, assuring him that Sky had disappeared just a she had appeared, quietly, without his notice till after the fact. Yes.. His Sky was gone.

It burned, he thought idly, and his body fell to the ground next to his baskets. Betrayal hurt so much more than he had ever thought possible. He could logic out that they had never agreed to stay together to raise the foals, never promised each other eternity. Victor had tried to take care of Sky, to provide her every need as his babies grew in her, she was precious, but she had been precious before the life had taken root. She had been Sky, his Sky. And he had always just pictured them together. Why debate and question what felt like a guarantee to him? There was no reason, so he hadn’t. Victor had provided, and Sky had received, graciously, and they had been together. Warm and safe and quiet, and Victor had felt complete.

Now where she had been, the spot along his side that she fit against perfectly felt cold, felt like a raw ragged wound, open and exposed, a show of his failure as a man. His eyes closed, breath coming in a pained, shuddering draw as he forced his mind around the concept. Sky was gone. He was alone again. He was alone.

A whimper had him up and ready for action faster than he thought possible. His eyes darted around the area, before landing on the baskets. His baskets. Moving to them, he pressed his nose to the top of each one, huffing softly against the decorated wicker. He heard the soft sigh, and shift as his little ones got comfortable again. But Victor didn’t move. He stood there, over them, looking down at the life he had helped create. And he felt the world shift. He felt his focus realign, and his heart swell. There were lives here, lives totally dependent on him. These lives, these new, precious, pure lives were all that mattered now. Because now, because of Sky, he was not alone. For the second time in a now relatively short seven months Victor felt his eyes fill. Sky was gone, yes. But the evidence of her was still here, growing at his feet.

Sky had in a way lived up to her name. She had given Victor a torrent of emotion, a blessing of new life, and a burden of responsibility. A new light had come to Victor’s life, and he would give his all to never let them down.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:04 pm
Username:
Lunadriel

Teepee Link:
((Majorly under new construction! Tons of soq, but no mini's!)) {Teepee}

Completed RP Link(s):
Something old but gold: Mizu and Ayelet
((This was the start of a life long romance.))

Something new but fallen through: Shijin and Amitola
((This rp was going so well. I adored the way the two interacted. Sadly, Amitola's owner when awal.))

The big mouthed one and the creepy bird: Vapor and Corvus
((My colorful worded male. Warning, some profanity! If you like him, here's another of his: [x]))

On the first page of my teepee, are links to many current roleplays, if you get bored! Some may have long gaps over the summer, during the time I got married and moved.

Prompt Response:

██████A mare keeping watch over her baskets while waiting for a lover to return. No, this story was much more tragic than that. It started with a mare that was expecting, and waiting for her lover to return. As time passed, and the months grew inside of her as a constant reminder, she didn't realize that he was not coming back. The two of them had grown up together in the same herd. She trusted him. He said he would return. Naive. Eager. Desperate. She waited for him every day. As her womb grew, so did her need for the father to return. Surely he would come back before the foals were born! Any happy mother looked forward to the day her foals would be born. For her, it was frightening. She wanted them to wait till he got back to her!

██████Sadly, he did not return before the foals were born. It felt as if tragedy had struck as two filly's emerged into this world. The mother cried and mourned, like that of one who grieved after someone who had passed away. The locals tried to calm her, and couldn't even get her to look at her foals before they were tucked into a basket.

██████By the next day, she could be found standing over her baskets, with that same foolish, hopeful look on her face. He will come before the baskets hatch! she thought to herself. So day after day, she sat looking towards the direction from whence he left. Each day she woke up thinking to herself, "Today is the day he will return to me."

██████As you may have well guessed while reading, he did not return before the foals broke free of their basket homes. Once again, she mourned her loss, and sobbed for hours. Her two filly's were confused as to why their mother cried for them. They did not know she was crying for each moment their father had missed. He had now missed them growing inside of her, being born, and coming out of their baskets. She looked at them, and felt pity for herself. She couldn't overlook the joy of having two wonderful daughters, and forget about the stallion that was not coming back.

██████Her girls spent most of their life trying to convince their mother that they didn't need a non-exsistant father to suddenly appear. Still, even after her best friend had not returned, she kept waiting for him. And waiting for him. One morning, the eldest sister had decided to go in search for her father. The youngest followed to keep her out of trouble. So here was the mother, back to where it all began. She was alone. At this point, reality should of hit her hard. It didn't. She decided that her girls had the right idea. ((Even if it was a terrible one!)) She ran as fast as she could, in search of her long lost love.

██████The grand search brought her to Kawani lands. Far from home, still lonely, and now exhausted. A few of the locals knew who she was looking for by name. He was here! ....he was here? All this time? Confusion and excitement burned through her soul, causing her head to spin. It didn't matter! He was here! She would go to him right away.

██████With the remaining energy she had, she mustered her strength and ran to where her friend would be. Upon arriving, she went to call out for him, and her words cut deep into her throat like a rusty steel blade. He was here...and he had another mare at her side. This time, she did not mourn for her love not being there, but she mourned for the time she spent waiting for him, instead of accepting he was gone.

"You never came back." she cried with the most heart broken voice.
"You never came back...."

██████The stallion wept with her, unable to say a word. He figured she knew. How could he of known, she would wait this long?

Such pain. Such sorrow. Some just don't want to figure out the things that might hurt them most. In the end, it still hurts, not matter how long you put off the pain.

The end.~

((Thanks for the chance at a mini! Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and enjoy your contest! =D Also, Ayelet and Alejandra are very good with foals. Hit me up for plots if you need help raising the baskets!))

Lunadriel

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:09 pm
Username: ~Twilight...Angel~
Teepee Link: Teepee
Completed RP Link(s): I have no completed RPs here. If you want a sample of what I can do, I have an RP in another shop, though not completed.
Prompt Response:
Prompt

Going to add my response once it's written out  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 pm
Username: Summer Raven
The second page is complete; all the other pages have yet to be 'finished', but most of my Soquili personalities are written down, just not edited.
Completed RP Link(s):

[x] - My personal favorite
[x] - The continuation of above - incomplete

[x] - Another favorite
[x] - The story continues - incomplete

[x] - A self-RP that means a lot to me, but is a WIP

Prompt Response:

It was the happiest she had ever been; the world could not have been a better place at that exact moment. They were together, finally, as one, small family. It was perfection.

The two small foals she had recently given birth to lay snug in their baskets, snoozing away and their mother looked onward. With him by her side, the two foals would be forever loved and protected, just like she was. He had made her a promise - to give her the world and beyond - and he had kept it. He was her world; him and the children. The four of them would live together, happily, forever....if she could have it her way.

But life doesn't always work out the way you plan. And for the new mother, life was about to throw her the biggest of all heartbreaks.

She remembered that day as if it were yesterday; she was young and innocent, and he was older, much more wise, and powerful. A fox pup was drowning in the lake and she had decided to try and save it, unfortunately for the two of them, the mare was unable to swim. Caught in the same predicament as the pup, the mare began to panic. That was when he came, as if out of thin air, and dove into the river to save both the mare and the pup.

And now here they were, brand new parents. And yet, on this night, she found herself alone. For the first time since that fateful meeting, the mare did not have her stallion-savior by her side.

At first, she thought nothing of it. He told her he was stepping out for a little while, but he promised he'd be back soon. And soon turned into later, as days passed and still there was no sign of him. She didn't want to go looking for him - she knew the consequences of leaving her baskets behind, so she had to stay there, and patiently wait until he returned.

On the first night that he had not come home, the mare had a fleeting thought that maybe he got hurt. No, she quickly dismissed that idea, for he was powerful and mighty - no one would dare hurt him. No. He was still alive, she was sure of it.

Then the days passed by more quickly, and the tiny foals would soon leave the comfort of the baskets. The mare was growing desperate to think of the reason why he had yet to show up....it was....well, could it be possible?

After he rescued her from the grasp of death, the mare followed him everywhere. She was completely and utterly fascinated by his mere existence, and nothing else seemed to matter. When he slept, she slept; when he ate, she did too. She had become his female-clone, and it was starting to bother the older stallion. After all, he was only doing his civic doing and rescued someone in need of help. That was all.

But to her, it was love at first sight.

The mare remembered the day her stallion-savior told her that he was mated, and had children grown, and nothing could happen between them. To her, the stallion was just telling her these things because he was scared. It was all a lie. They were in love - she just knew it. All she had to do was prove to him that she was worth it.

But still nothing happened between them, so she continued to follow him, not giving up until he admitted his feelings.

Maybe he really was mated?

No. That night meant something, she just knew it.

After the days turned into weeks of her following him, the stallion grew restless. The once humble beast told the innocent mare that she needed to go. He yelled. And yelled, until the mare began to cry. She cried, and she cried, wanting to know why she wasn't good enough for him. Yet again, he told her he was mated. Which, in all honesty...wasn't a lie. He did have someone 'back home', but he hadn't seen that mare, or his children, in years. She most certainly moved on.

So he did something completely unlike his usual demeanor, and comforted the mare before him. She was beautiful, he told her, absolutely beautiful. One thing lead to another, and they ended up sharing a wonderful moment together, caught up in the emotional roller-coaster that was their relationship. The next morning, he felt terrible. He had taken advantage of a mare that clearly loved him, but he did not return the feelings. "You'll always be happy," he told her, "I promise you, I'll give you the world." An empty promise, but at least it would keep her happy.

But then she got pregnant. And he freaked out. He wanted to stay with her, he did, but he couldn't. Seeing this mare's growing belly made him miss his own family, and so he left her, alone, to start his own life again.

The mare remembered the day she found out she was pregnant. Her stallion wasn't happy about it, she couldn't tell during the moment, but looking back on it, no...he wasn't happy at all. He was always quiet, always distant from her. Could it have been possible that the whole thing; the whole love-affair was just in her head? A one-night-stand gone wrong?

He did, after all, constantly remind her that he was mated. She just chose to never believe him. Could he have been telling the truth? If so, than he cheated on his beloved mate with a mare that meant nothing to him.

That b*****d, she thought, tears running down her face.

He never loved her. It was only ever just her.

She was alone. She was a new mother, and she was completely and utterly alone - more-so than he had ever been.

He never loved her. And he would never love them.

They were alone.

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:04 am
Username: XxPrimevalPandaxX
Completed RP Link(s): [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Uncompleted RP Links: These are mostly for your enjoyment. So I'm only going to put some favs
[x] [x] [x] [x]
Prompt Response: It felt nice at first. The feeling of someone being there and the start of a strong family unit. In no way did you think baskets would come so quickly and as they rested there before you all secure and safe. You always wanted a family. A solid unit that loved each other unconditionally. The thought always crossed your mind until one day you received your wish. Most would call it a mistake, but not you. You feel like this was meant to be. Something that matures you and makes you feel whole.

Then you lose track of time. Feeling slightly burdened by protecting the baskets at all hours of the day and exhausted at the same time. You don't know how many days had passed or when the last time you saw the mother of your children around. Their presence was obviously long gone and the only thing tying them to this spot was the baskets. As you gaze upon each one, the color of the mother shine's brightly on each. This is what it feels like to be ditched, burned, and abandoned. Not something your accustomed too, but maybe time will bring her back? You can't help the bitterness that is slowly filling your heart each passing day...

Was it a mistake?

You ask yourself as you peer up at the leaves above you that are still keeping their autumn richness to them. The vibrancy of their color is something one could never forget, but as your eyes drift to the baskets cradled in the hollowed out trunk of a tree, you cast away your thought before. It had been a long time since you saw the mother of your children. The memory of her was fading. You don't know how long it's been exactly, but you know it's been a good while. Children were never a mistake. Bitterness had come and gone. You thought it could work out and that a solid family unit could be formed, but it was inevitable. Rarely does anything good come from a one night stand. Though you hoped and dreamed you could fix this or bring her back. No matter how much you wished it, it never happened. The baskets were without a mother, but your confidence in their survival was overwhelming. You know they will succeed.

As a smile creases your lips, you curl up beside them out of the sweeping cold. You will be there for your children. You will raise them to the best of your ability and hope for the best. Your family is still there. It may be missing one piece, but your children will need you.

You lay your head on top of one of the baskets and sigh wistfully while saying to yourself.

It still feels nice.

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces