Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Yearly Spotlight Award for 2012 (Winners page 2) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 am
I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Owner(s): JetAlmeara
Pet Name: Mercy
Pet Image or Link: User Image
Teepee Link: Link
Tell me about your Pet: Mercy is everything her name makes her out to be - she is kind,gentle and compassionate. A complete do-gooder Mercy spends most of her time pointing out the positive sides to any situation she seems to find herself in - unfortunately her good nature and somewhat naive outlook in life tends to make her a target for the more manipulative minds in the Soquili world.

At least while she's young. As Mercy moves through life she will gain a better understanding of the way things work and work to change it for the better

Mercy was abandoned as a basket and raised by a herd of usdia. Despite the difference's she had with Cheveyo and his herd she none the less feels like a true part of the family and was a happy if somewhat sheltered foal. Since none of the Usdia knew how to fly thre was no one to instruct Mercy on the finer points of flight and the young mare was left to learn on her own until she met a wandering mare named Camaria and received lessons.

Having learned to fly the world opened up for Mercy and Cheveyo becoming worried about his adoptive daughters sudden urge to explore and her somewhat naive outlook on life has sent her to Ironforge so that she might learn how to protect herself as she makes her way through life. While with Ironforge Mercy has become aware that the world is not as safe and wonderful as her previous life lead her to believe, there are many wrongs in the world and while the mare firmly believes that all misguided souls can be saved she none the less cannot stand to let them get away with their bad behavior. Mercy may never be the fighter her mentors are..she may never be as strong or a tactically cunning but she posses a different kind of strength..Ironforge himself sums her up best I think.

"She may never be like us, never as calm nor as logical as we are...she follows her heart more then her mind, but if the heart is good then perhaps that is a different sort of strength."
-Ironforge

Tell me about your Plots: Mercy's life has dramatically changed in the last year, she has gone from living in a sheltered alpine meadow with her Usdia family to learning to be a Knight and fight for the good of everyone. She has left home for the first time, found danger for the first time, seen evil for the first time...and saved someone for the first time.

Terribly wounded in the fight to save Supreme from Pirata's grasp, she is currently recovering and will soon be taking a trip home for some well deserved recuperation time.

RP links:
Growing Family - Cheveyo and Mercy learn that Syn is pregnant.
Remember that Night? - Mercy accompanies her sister to tell Orrin that he is going to be a father.
Dreams of Flight - Mercy encourages Olo to fly.
Practice Makes Perfect - Mercy receives flying lessons from Camaria
High Winds can't stop me - Mercy receives a follow up lesson from Camaria
Whats all this? - Mercy finds a stallion lost in the woods.
Time to try something new - Cheveyo becomes worried about Mercy's growing independence and sheltered upbringing so he arranges for her to train with Ironforge.
Babysitter - Mercy spends one of her last days in the herd looking over her younger nieces.
The Long Good-bye - the herd deals with Mercy leaving for training.
A promise kept - Bangil and Char learn of Jarita's foals from Mercy.
Arriving - just a little bit late - Mercy meets Kale and Ironforge - it is not what she expected.
The chance of Adventure - Mercy meets a strange mare and they go off for a bit of fun.
Repercussions - Mercy faces punishment for running off and shirking her duties.
Unseen Dangers - Mercy gets a rude awakening about how the outside world really works.
On the path ot Light - Mercy partakes in some training with Ironforge and a passing stallion.
Freedom Unleashed - Mercy takes part in the rescue of Supreme and gets wounded in the process.
Delivered to the Light - Mercy returns to the herdlands after the rescue severely wounded.

Future Plots
Pirata's Revenge - While fighting the spider mare during the rescue of Supreme, Mercy managed to kill one of the mutant mares spiders..it was the worst thing she could have done and Pirata has now turned her sights upon the alicorn. Mercy must make a choice..herself..or her family?

Why do you think your pet should win?: Mercy is the epitome of 'love conquers all' There is no hate in this mare's heart, and she teaches us that it is not always through brute strength or cunning manipulation that the world can be saved. Ironforge teaches that to truly defend something you must love it..and Mercy loves Everything
If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?:It would have to be a heart I think. Maybe a shield with a heart to represent the protective power of love.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:48 am
YOU CAN SPOT ME MILES AWAY!
Owner(s): JetAlmeara
Teepee Link: Link
Tell me about your Teepee: My teepee fuses together three of my Loves..horses in the form of Soquili, Star Wars & Roleplaying. Each Soquili is given their own pages which covers the details of When & How they were obtained, their personality,back story and current status, family tree, familiar, roleplay, plots and Breeding. They are also given a color and symbol designation. The color represents which side they are currently on - Blue for good, red for bad and purple for Neutral. The symbol designates the truth of their heart..a rebel symbol means they want to do good, an Imperial symbol means they wish to do bad and a half/half symbol means they really only care about whats good for them. Each Soquili is also given a character designation - I admit I did this for fun one day, just to prove that everything can be related to Star Wars if you try hard enough and I had so much fun and laughs doing it with She-ra that I put it in my teepee.

I have attempted to make my Teepee simple to navigate and read through, providing links to specific soquili pages on the first page as well as a gathering of important information in one convenient location.

Why do you think your Teepee should win?: Because its Star Wars? Okay so thats my complete bias talking but really I've put a lot of effort into keeping it up to date and neat looking. I think I spend more time on my Soq journal then I do my journals in any other shop by far lol
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: Erm..something star wars related? One of the Symbols perhaps, Rebel most likely.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:58 am
DROOL AT MY MAN!
Owner(s): tefla
Pet Name: Gaston
Pet Image or Link:
User Image
Teepee Link: Here
Tell me about your Pet:
Gaston is well ... Gaston. He came to the Kawani lands with a rather hasty decision to leave the only place he'd known his entire life. However that decision was based in a moment of deep hurt. Gaston believed that he couldn't live with the deceitful manner of what he believed were his friends and family and so he departed without telling anyone.

Gaston believes that he is God's gift to mares. He doesn't realize that his approach is all wrong when it comes to the fairer sex. He also doesn't realize yet that not all mares are instantly attracted to him. It is his blindness in this matter that gets him into trouble with other stallions.

This stallion has already had a taste of betrayal. He began to trust a Kalona by the name of Xelloss enough to assist Xelloss in tracking down what Xelloss referred as stolen items. At the end of the journey though Xelloss caused a cave-in which almost cost Gaston his life. It might make him hesitant to trust others so readily the next time. He will question all motives of the other before making a decision.
Tell me about your Plots:
Crisp and New
Gaston's still very new to the lands. I would like to see him in everyday situations with meeting others who might be receptive to a newcomer. The trust issue will become a problem over time I fear as Xelloss's betrayal will linger constantly in the back of Gaston's mind. It will make it harder for Gaston to accept anything at face value. I want him to eventually lose this sense of guardedness over time.

Darkness Unveiled
Gaston's most immediate plot (I hope) will deal with an unexpected threat to Soquili. He's going to encounter something strange in the coming weeks and it will definitely tie into how guarded the stallion will become. Unexpectedly he will have to deal with something that he's never really had to face before. Thrust into captivity by strangers Gaston's view of the Soquili lands and its inhabitants might push Gaston to his breaking point.

I Like This Land - I think I will call it Home
After the Darkness Unveiled has come to it's conclusion I would like to have Gaston make a friend or two from his time in captivity and keep them close to his heart. They could help each other put the ordeal behind them. At the same time Gaston would slowly thaw the guardedness that he's put up as a front to protect himself. He will slowly return to the way he was but be more light-heartened about it. He'll also have a new way in observing his surroundings with a more critical eye.

Finding my Belle
This plot will probably take the longest to complete because as corny as it sounds I want Gaston to find that special mare that is just for him. Considering his beliefs this might prove to be more trouble than it is worth. In his search Gaston might find out that the search may prove more difficult than he believed. He will almost give up before fate intervenes.
RP links:
Hidden Ambitions
Musings
A Single Step...
Beach Party ... for one?
Why do you think your pet should win?:
Gaston is relatively still a new character to me. I've set him on a road that I hope will prove to be fruitful and full of interactions with others. He will have to learn how to deal with more deception and heartbreak before his journey will come to an end. I took the first step in setting Gaston on a long road of discovery when I penned my first Solo RP for him. He recognized that his home was not all that it seemed to be and thus left. It takes a lot of courage to do this ... to pick up your roots and settle down in a strange new place. Gaston's going to have to learn this lesson time and again and that all choices come with sometimes unpleasant results.
If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: Something like this  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:23 am
I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Owner(s): She-Ra of Etheria
Pet Name: Aquitaine
Teepee Link: Teepee
Tell me about your Pet: Aquitaine is a gentle and loving soul who has had a number of hardships in her life. Growing up as a twisted tunnel baby presented many challenges for Aquitaine and her family to overcome, but she managed to do so because of the love and understanding of her family. While she will never be a great healer, due to her mutated blood blocking out her unicorn healing powers, she has dedicated a lot of her time learning about healing herbs so that she can help those who need healing. She loves to dance, something her mother taught her, and while she struggles to do so due to the weight of the dragon head in her hair it is something she still enjoys to do. Her main focus however is helping others afflicted by similar traits such as her own, other twisted tunnel babies, who may not fit into their families, herds or society, to help them adjust to life and make them realize they aren't alone and that being different isn't such a bad thing.
Tell me about your Plots:
Aquitaine having recently acquired a mate, Agave Noctis, is helping to transition him from his old life of being under his mothers control to fit into normal society. It's a slow process some days but she is willing to put as much time and effort into it as possible.
Having a thirst for knowledge Aquitaine is always on the lookout to learn something new. Though a large amount of her learning focus is on herbs to help with healing she is happy to learn anything from anyone.
Spreading understanding. This is a huge part of Aquitaine's life now. As a twisted tunnel offspring she knows how hard ti can be to grow up with oddities that might prevent one from being fully accepted into society. Because of this, and having endured her own trials, Aquitaine is on the lookout for any who came from a similar background, as well as those half-breeds that might be misunderstood, and offers them not only her acceptance, but advice on how to cope as well as just a pair of ears if they need it.
RP links:
One Step At A Time - Aquitaine spends time with her father.
A Chance Meeting - Aquitaine meets a colt who shows her the world outside her home isn't perfect.
Unexpected Guidance - Aquitaine meets a filly and her mother and receives some good advice about being different.
Dangerous Encounter - A skinwalker ruins Aquitaine's day.
Stimbling Onto Something - Aquitaine meets a stallion who can teach her proper defense techniques.
You Don't Belong Here - Aquitaine meets Agave again and a harsh reality sets in.
Beachside Horrors - Aquitaine meets an awkward knight and shares her story with him.
Overdue Reunion - Agave is back in Aquitaine's life and now she must help him heal.
Second Life Lost? - Aquitaine and Agave admit their feelings and fears.
A Little Advice - Aquitaine meets another child of the twisted tunnel.
Why do you think your pet should win?: Aquitaine has come a long way from her sheltered beach life. She learned that the world is not a perfect place, that evil exists and that looking different is both a blessing and a curse. Through it all she has had a positive outlook on life and now wishes to spread that ideal to others.
If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: I think a heart would work for her.  

She-Ra of Etheria

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:22 am
DROOL AT MY MAN!
Pet Name: Prism
Tell me about your Pet: For most of his life Prism was the epitome of lazy, he rarely traveled, didn't socialize much cause it took too much energy and didn't care about whether he was easy prey for predators as he lay in a field sunning himself. But after a solid kick int he butt, all thanks to two Kalona, he is a changed stallion. Now his life is filled with constant wandering, sadness and a strong sense of determination. He is still adjusting to these changes but it is clear that the stallion won't return to his old ways anytime soon. Besides he has an important mission to see through at the moment and so he can't afford to slack off anymore.

Though he may seem a bit withdrawn at times this is mainly due to the guilt and burden that he is currently dealing with. All he really needs is someone to talk to him to bring him out of these moments, but most of all he needs help finding what he now searches for so that he can feel whole once more.
Tell me about your Plots: Prism's main focus is finding his missing offspring. It will be a long road for him as he will undoubtedly be misled by some and really only has his determination and a description of the basket to go upon. He wants to find his son or daughter and tell them that he didn't abandon him/her like they likely think but that he had no choice in leaving them. If they will accept him he wants to prove himself to be a good father and be involved in their life. He also knows at some point he will need to find Poppins, the mother of his children, and tell her what happened and to visit with his other two children, but if he can find his missing child first then it will be a happy and full family reunion.
RP links:
Interrupting Thoughts -Prism gets chased away from his basket and his life changes forever.
Amnesia And Loss - Prism meets another Cerynei who is hurting and together they try to help each other out.
Why do you think your pet should win?: Prism's life has done a complete 180. He used to be lazy and relatively uncaring, then when fatherhood was thrust upon him he found himself changing, but it wasn't until he was ripped away from the basket that he truly found the courage to be the stallion he should be. He's an example of what a father can and should be and he will not stop until he proves that to everyone.
If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: (i.e Heart, Star etc)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 am
Tell me about your Teepee: My teepee has gone through a number of changes in the years I have had it. After a huge overhaul last year I finally settled upon a layout that I found easy to keep organized and one that allowed me to share all the various information about my Soquili, their past, present and future, all in one easy layout. While the banners are more on the simplistic side I think they are good that was as they don't take away from all of the information contained inside. With the front page acting as the main way to navigate via links to each Soquili's page, and holding all the other important information, it is quite easy for others to find the Soquili they might be interested in and thus all the information about him or her.
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: It's well organized, easy to navigate, has clean and simple graphics and my own personal twist on things. I put a lot of effort into this teepee and while it's always a work in progress as new information comes up for each Soquili it really is a great teepee overall and I hope others enjoy looking at it.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: Feathers.  

She-Ra of Etheria

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:05 am
Owner(s): Kara Asumie
Tell me about your Teepee: My Teepee is being updated once a week if there is need for it. It holds my Soquili. Three from plushies. One April Fool's pony. One Event pony. One FS Pony. One from a Breeding. One Gifted. And Two OC Ponies that are in honor of my daughter. The Banners and Buttons are hand drawn by me. Not only for the Soquili but the Familiars which there are four lurking inside my Teepee. There is also areas for Halloween and Christmas Plushies. Also a Place for my Kawani native Personas which a friend did the art for.

I try to make everything easy to find. From Important Links, RPs, Custom/Quest ideas, Fanart, Fling and Lifemate list to the Soquili and the information about them. Though there are a few who don't have Personalities written down. This is only because I haven't figured them fully out for myself yet. More RPs with them will have their Personalities written out so I can add them.

Though I am still updating the RP posts for all of my Soquili.

Why do you think your Teepee should win?: It is easy to find what you are looking for in my Teepee. I have a post on the first page with buttons to all of my Soquili so you can click then and it takes you to the post with the information about that Soquili. While being easy to go through. It doesn't stretch pages just to find information on one Soquili. Each of the Soquili only have three posts so you don't have to scroll down looking for something. It is a very simple lay out and Teepee.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: Glowing Lilies  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:29 pm
I KNOW I AM BEAUTIFUL!
Owner(s): pippi18848
Pet Name: Neva
Teepee Link: I haven't used the teepee in forever.
Tell me about your Pet: Neva is well...Neva. She is a manipulative little batwalker who is intent on trying to destroy her family. Her parents and siblings, as well as her current children. Why? Because she thinks they are all weak and pathetic and so because of this they must all be destroyed.
She used to be a simple little playful wind, who had no issues with the world. Then her thoughts were corrupted. She changed. Started attacking her family. Soon went after the biggest curse that would be the beinning of the end. Being cursed. So ever since she's become cursed, she's been finding different ways of manipulating others, and learning how to cause the most vicious and most painful wounds, emotionally, phsycially, and mentally. Neva will not hold anything back, and it gives her a great thrill to just have everyone around her, fear her. She will toy with her victims mentally and emotionally first before she goes after them phsyically, IF she even bothers to go after them physically. Sometimes it gives her a greater thrill just knowing that they will always fear her an that she will always be in their nightmares.
Tell me about your Plots: Always trying to destroy her family.
Aside from that as side plots, currently she is finishing up an rp fighting a harpy mare after she attacked the Flock. Which then leads into the rest of the plot line that I hope to work on finishing up over the course of the year.
It causes her wing to become badly broken and so many other injuries. So she will be bullying a unicorn to heal her. Then as time goes on, realizes that she can no longer fully fight the way she used to unless she wants to keep reopening her injuries and will design a new fighting style for herself. During all this she plans on finding a couple of mini's to torture and have them do her bidding. Will also find some craftsmen raccoons who she will also threaten and bully into making her armor. Which after the armor is made, she will set out to find another clawed creature to get into a scuffle with, find the armor works, and decides to be stupid enough to then go and tackle the Flock again.
RP links: Borders of Fear, The Hunter is Being Hunted, Never Get Lost, New Evils and Old
Why do you think your pet should win?: Because she's a cranky batwalker and will eat you if she doesn't?
Nah. I honestly don't have any reasons why she should be the one to win the spotlight. I mean, I'm still amazed she even won a spotlight at all during 2012. She's a pretty awesome soq to play with, and I try to do what I can with her in between school and work and raising my kids. I just wish I had more time to play with her. But, either way, whether she wins or not, she's still awesome in my mind. smile
If your pet won, what would they 'say' on the award?: Broken Bell  

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:08 pm
Owner(s): CheshireKttty
Teepee Link: [Link]
Tell me about your Teepee: My teepee has a tarot card theme. Each soquili has their own page and their own main tarot card banner. Each banner has a small phrase that represents them and would represent their 'card'. Each post has a banner with a different card. I gave each of my soquili a 'reading' and the cards on their page can tell their past present and future if you look up the meanings.
Why do you think your Teepee should win?: I've put a lot of time and work into my teepee. I try to keep it as up to date as possible but life gets busy and some soquili just don't get much attention. I also think that the idea is unique and it is easy to navigate. It is also visually appealing and. Honestly I'm not one to decide if it is better than anyone else's.
If your teepee won, what would be special about it on the award?: Ummm not sure, maybe purple in color or something to do with tarot cards? I'm open to anything. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 am
Closed for judging guys
It might not be announced until the weekend due to my interviews on Thursday and Friday.... but I will see what I can do.
Good luck everyone!

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 am
WINNERS!

Ok... without making you guys wait much longer, a decision has been made!
Once again it was a tough call, and I must say the winners in the end were decided in a tie breaker based on their extreme activity during 2012. So many wonderful characters and plots! I can't wait to see more in 2013!

We also have SURPRISE familiar prizes to join the winners pot. I hope you will love and care for these little guys that odet has kindly donated for this award ceremony.

Medals will be produced between now and the weekend, and will be dropped off via the spotlight mule. (I will quote winners, so you will not miss your medal).

----------------------------------

MALE PET WINNER
User Image
You might be thinking.... oh Ironforge only got it because he's an elder now.... wrong! He is getting the award because of the details of his plot, the adventure that he had been on and the sheer activity he has received in 2012! You have to love a knightly character, and I am sure his continued adventure with Pirata's revenge will be as entertaining and interesting as his adventure to date. Good luck, and continue to have fun! You can really tell that JetAlmeara loves this character with all her heart, and you can literally see a little bit of her soul in each RP.

JetAlmeara
User Image

Please take this cute little familiar to Odet's Familiar Market to be certed.

FEMALE PET WINNER
User Image
Aquitaine has had an interesting journey, and has to have been one of the most active pets in 2012. She has developed and grown a lot in her little 'quest' to help other twisted children see that things aren't all bad... and her twisted dragon-hair companion makes for an amusing addition. I am sure 2013 will bring some interesting opportunities for her... and I hope she can find something that will captivate her attention and present her with a real challenge.

She-Ra of Etheria
User Image

TEEPEE WINNER
CheshireKitty's Teepee.
This teepee is full of detail, beautiful banners and a down to earth warm and earthy colour scheme that is inviting. We felt at home here every time we looked at it, and you can see the time and dedication it must have taken to keep things in such brilliant order. Keep it up!

CheshireKitty
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:00 am
Oh My gosh thank you! I'm glad you liked my teepee! And congrats to the other winners! You guys definitely earned it!  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:23 am
omg! Yay! Thank you and congrats to She and Chesh! Love my little goat, he's so purdy!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 am
This is such a great thing! Congrats Jet and Chesh as well! Love my little hummingbird prize!  

She-Ra of Etheria

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:28 pm
Congrats guys!  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]