Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] The Chance of Adventure (Tairyn Ezbra & Mercy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 am
User Image

Why was life so boring at times? Where was the fun? Where were all the adventures? And more importantly where were all the stallions?! Tairyn paused in the mental ramblings to take a look at her surroundings. She hadn't really been paying attention to where she had been going, nothing new there, and was now finding herself in the middle of a forest. Huh. Well that was fine. Honestly Tairyn didn't care where she was most of the time so long as there was something to do. She hated being bored almost as much as she hated being without the company of a handsome stallion. Oh she enjoyed the company of mares, but for a completely different reason. In her opinion stallions were the better gender to be with.

Pausing she took a deep breath. Sure enough the scent of many Soquili reached her nose. So this forest was home to a bunch of them, likely a herd. Tairyn didn't understand herds. Sure they provided the whole safety in numbers thing but to be tied down to one spot always seeing the same faces every day, what a terribly boring and exhausting ordeal. With a snort she shook her head and continued down the path she was on. She wasn't sure if it would bring her further away or closer to the herd but hey not knowing was part of the thrill of life. Who wanted to go on always knowing what was around the next corner? So boring. No, Tairyn liked the unpredictable nature of life, the unknowns, the danger, the close calls and a pleasant surprises. So she trotted along, humming some odd tune that was going about her head and looked forward to whatever adventure lay just ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:15 pm
User Image
Mercy had been under the tutelage of Kale and Ironforge for a little while now - just long enough for her to have gotten used to the herd...and develop a bit of a nervous twitch thanks to Kale popping out at odd times of the day or night with surprise attacks and ambushes. It was supposed to make her more observant and less prone to panicking...but so far it just made her into a bit of a frazzled mess.

Her trainers had deemed her fit to take part in herd duties however and after giving her a lecture - which she'd mostly not paid attention to - they had sent her off to patrol. Patrolling she figured out just meant walking aimlessly around the edge of the herd lands to see if you could spot any sort of 'danger'. Really Mercy hadn't seen anything even remotely dangerous in these lands and unless the squirrels went rabid she thought Ironforge and Kale were being more then a little bit on the a**l side of things.

Whatever. This was a hideously boring chore and sighed to herself as she walked along, kicking a clod of dirt ahead of her just to pass the time.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:25 pm
It didn't take all that long for Tairyn to get her first glimpse at the first Soquili in this area. A lone mare. Darn. Oh well, can't win them all. Plus by the way the mare was walking, kicking at the dirt as she went, Tairyn was almost certain that she was bored. Well not for long. Tossing her head Tairyn hurried along the path to intersect the mare before she got too far. Once she reached the point where she could more clearly see the mare Tairyn noted that she was an alicorn. Interesting. Must be nice to be able to fly. Letting out a wistful sigh Tairyn fell into step beside the mare. "Herd life got you down huh? Yeah I can understand that, it's boring being stuck doing the same thing every day. You know what you need? An adventure. And let me tell you kicking at the dirt is not the kind of thing I would want to be stuck doing day in and out."

Tairyn fell silent for a moment before continuing on. "See that's why I live my life solo. Allows me to go where I want when I want and I can met who I want. Speaking of, are chance there are some handsome stallions in these parts? Haven't had my daily dose of stallion yet." Tairyn let out a laugh. "Come on girl cheer up, Tairyn Ezbra knows how to have fun. Stick with me and you will forget all about any troubles you had." Not that she knew whether this mare had troubles, but hey who didn't right? This mare was a herd member, herds were boring and so Tairyn would do what she could to make this mares life a little less boring for a day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 pm
For a few brief minutes Mercy's poor mind had her tensing up and cringing in preparation for another of Kale's ambush attacks when the shadow of another Soquili fell into step beside her..but a few moments later when the mare spoke up Mercy relaxed..it wasn't Kale, but some other colorful mare..and she seemed quite pleasant too! Mercy was overjoyed - ever since arriving in Ironforges herd her life had been nothing but work and training..it was just so..so horribly dull.

Training to be a Knight was nothing like she had imagined, nothing at all - but this mare she was promising adventure and fun. Mercy was in great need of both of those things. Coming to a stop Mercy looked at the mare, flashing her a dazzling look "Hello! My names Mercy..and I could definitely use some fun...my trainers have had me working and training and walking these horrible patrols for daaaays. I don't know if'd you want to meet the stallions around here to be honest they're kind of stuck up and a**l about 'following the rules' " She rolled her eyes slightly to show how absurd she thought it all was.

"I'm new tothe area though so really I have no idea what to do or where to go to have any fun.." She sighed but brightened considerably as she looked at the mare "I don't suppose you do?" It didn't occur to Mercy that she might be more careful about who she offered to run off with, as far as she was concerned the mares friendly greeting pretty much made her an instant friend ..and if she could get her away from this horribly dull patrol she'd be a BEST friend.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:59 pm
Ah see. That smile right there said it all. And the explanation that followed confirmed Tairyn's suspicions. This poor mare was stuck doing the same thing day after day. What a horrible life! It was a good thing she came wandering through this way after all. "Well Mercy." She said as she came to a stop beside the mare. "I think you deserve a bit of a break from all that working and training. All work and no play leads to a dull life. And trust me you haven't lived until you have some good fun." Of course a frown crossed her lips for just a moment. "Too bad about the stallions around here. All the more reason you and me need to go off and find some who know how to have a good time. I may love me a good handsome stallion but not when they are stuck up like that. No thank you, I will pass!"

Tairyn stomped her hoof and laughed. "I've never been in this area before! At least I don't remember ever wandering this way. Anyways! Don't you worry, I can find fun no matter where we are. But first let's get going. Don't want stuck up trainers coming by ruining our plans before we even get them started." With that Tairyn turned and trotted along the path that would hopefully lead them to something awesome, but it was definitely taking them away from the herd. "So what you even training for anyways?" Not that she wanted to really talk about the mares dull boring life, but she was somewhat curious as to why a mare like this was stuck doing something as boring as patrols.

Once they made it to the edge of the forest Tairyn looked out across the meadow and made a snap decision. "We'll go this way." Without really thinking about it and began to lead Mercy to the west. There was boung to be something of interest this way, and if not Tairyn knew how to make her own fun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:25 pm
See! Mercy had known right off the bat that this mare was a good one - why she hadn't had any fun, none at all, since she'd left home. She had worked hard enough she believed that she deserved a little bit of a break - and really this whole 'patrol' thing seemed kind of pointless, she hadn't seen anything so far and she'd probably be back before either of the two stallions even knew that she'd been gone.

"It's not like anything is happening around here" She stated, nodding her head in agreement to this plan to run off an have a little bit of fun. "This patrol is completely pointless" She told the mare with a laugh of her own. Following after the colorful mare, Mercy felt her spirits lift for the first time in days. "Well my father sent me here to train to be a Knight - I didn't think it would be like this though - I mean you'd think Knights were glamorous and exciting..but they're not. Not at all" She shared with Tairyn. Following after the mare without questioning it when she turned towards the west Mercy decided to chat some more.

"So what are we going to do? Do you think we'll meet some nice stallions? I've never actually met a stallion who wasn't part of my family herd or my trainers herd" It would be incredibly fun to meet some nice stallions, Mercy didn't have much experience with males but this mare had mentioned them so she must and hey..why not take advantage of that?

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:14 pm
"Exactly!" Tairyn exclaimed with a laugh. "Why stick around looking at nothing. There's a whole world to explore out there." And just because she thought it might add an extra reason to the situation, and Mercy had just said she had come here to train to be a knight, so it made sense to add. "Isn't that part of being a knight? Going out and exploring the world?" Of course it was. Or so Tairyn could only assume. She didn't really know much about being a knight, oh she'd run into a few stallions in the past who had claimed to be a knight but that hadn't stopped them from having a bit of fun with her. With a shrug of her shoulders she looked over at Mercy. "Maybe they are the wrong kind of knight." That was possible, right? Sure! But really that wasn't important. What was important was getting Mercy out and having some fun.

"What we're going to do...well I don't know yet. That's part of the excitement of it. Always knowing where you are going and what you are doing next, no thanks! Give me the unknown any day!" And then she laughed. "Oh don't you worry, I am a master at finding stallions." This poor girl, she hadn't been with a stallion outside of family and her trainers. Well! Tairyn would change that. Luckily Tairyn wasn't all that picky on what kind of stallions they found, a stallion was better than no stallion, and while it was true she preferred the bad boys at this moment she just wanted to find any stallion. Make that two stallions, because honestly as much as she wanted Mercy to experience the fun, she was not sharing.

As they walked Tairyn kept her eyes open, not for danger, oh no she never worried about that. Whats he needed to find was signs of stallion activity. Once she was on their trail it would take no time at all to track down and then it would be time to have some fun. She could almost feel a stallions touch on her skin, his voice in her ears. With extra determination Tairyn set out at a faster pace, certain that Mercy would keep up. "The fun is this way!" She said with a laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 am
What the mare was saying seemed to make perfect sense to Mercy..at least at the moment when lets be honest she was just trying to find a good excuse to not do what she was supposed to be doing. None the less the reasoning behind the mares words were good enough and Mercy bobbed her head in agreement - yes..it was important for Knights to know the area around them - she'd even Heard Kale and Ironforge say as much. And to get to know it she would have to go and explore it now wouldn't she?

"Yeah..the no fun type of Knight" Mercy remarked sarcastically as she followed along with the other mare with a flip of her mane. With each step she was feeling less and less guilty about blowing off her patrol - so what, it's not like they actually mattered and Kale and Ironforge were just being overly cautious and had sticks up their butt. They didn't own her..she could do what she wanted!

Tairyn's joy in the hunt for fun was infectious and soon Mercy had completely forgotten about what she was supposed to be doing and fully focused on the task at hand. Picking up the pace along with the other mare - though she had yet to figure out how Tairyn knew the fun was this way. "Wait! Wait I think I saw a couple of hoof prints!" She called ahead to the mare as they came up to a diverging pathway. Maybe the prints were the trail they had been looking for.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:26 am
Tairyn let out another laugh. It was good that Mercy was so easy to convince to come along on this little adventure, and even better that the mare seemed to be relaxing and having more fun with each step they took. Hearing Mercy call out to wait made Tairyn's ears pin back for a split second. She hated waiting! But then the reason was given and Tairyn came to a stop before looping back around to inspect the prints. "Good eye girl." Lowering her head she looked carefully at the hoof prints. "They are fresh. And look..." She pointed to her muzzle at one and then a second hoof print. "Two sets. This one has a chip in one of the hooves." Two sets that was good and they were relatively large, which meant a good chance that they belonged to stallions...it also meant a very small chance they belonged to freakishly large mares. Only time would tell.

Lifting her head Tairyn did a quick survey of the area. It didn't take her long to know where she was and where these two paths led. "They are headed to the stream. Come on I know what to do." Tairyn led Mercy away from the path the set of hooves had taken, meaning to come out a short ways down the stream from the pair, if they hadn't wandered too far up or away from the stream of course. She led Mercy through a stand of trees and before they had reached the other side the sounds reached her ears. Definitely stallions. She could tell by the deeper voices. Slowing down Tairyn slipped through the trees stopping not far from the edge and glanced down the stream a bit. There she saw the best sight ever. Two large stallions drinking at the stream. One was a dark chestnut, while the others a deep blue with golden markings. "The one on the left is mine." She said back to Mercy indicating that Tairyn claimed the blue stallion.

Looking back at her friend she needed to give her a quick crash course before they went out there. "I'll lead. You watch me but don't watch me too closely, this has to happen naturally. Most important thing, don't talk too much, you want the focus to be on him at first, they like that. Alright let's go." She began to move towards the stream just stepping out from the trees before one final thing was said. "Oh and laugh." Tairyn said and then let out a laugh as she stepped out from the trees. "I can't believe you convinced that old mare that we were sisters! She must have been half blind to believe that." Tairyn turned as they neared the stream following along it's bank. Now was the crucial part. "Look at them for just a moment but then look back at me, make sure you smile." She whispered to her friend as her own eyes lifted up to take in the two stallions who had turned to look at the approaching mares.

Slowly they made their way up to where the stallions stood but Tairyn pressed on, making sure with a subtle motion of her head that Mercy followed suit. The two stallions watched carefully, the blue one turned to get a better look at them and in that moment Tairyn reached out with her tail and let it gently brush against his side. It had been enough. The stallion came up along her side, which his brown friend fell into step beside Mercy. Hopefully Mercy had learned a thing or two in this moment but the important thing was they had their stallions, now for some fun. "Well hey there sexy." Tairyn turned her attention to the blue stallion. "Want to help us have some fun?"

The blue stallion looked up at Tairyn with a wide smile on his face. "I think we can help you girls out with that."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 am
Ha! See she had a good eye - no need to walk along some boring path when you could just spot things like she could right off the path - they ought to call her Mercy Eaglesight or something to that effect. Of course she was then a little bit confused when Tairyn lead them off in a different path "But..shouldn't we be following them?" She questioned in confusion before they came to the edge of the stream and following Tairyns gaze she caught sight of the two stalliosn "ohhh" She commented quietly in sudden understanding. Man why was she so nervous all of a sudden? It wasn't like she hadn't ever talked to a stranger before...

Of course she'd never tried to purposefully pick up a stallion before - soo that was probably it then. Opps..Tairyn had been talking this whole time, she should probably pay attention to what she was saying '...focus to be on him at first, they like that. Alright let's go." Go, wait..what? Okay then Mercy time to..improvise!

"No I think she was just senile..though her eyes were a little bit cloudy" Mercy responded on cue, at least she was a quick thinker else that line would have totally tripped her up there as she followed along with Tairyn. Following her friend's cue Mercy flashed a dazzling smile at the brown stallion, he was quite the looker now that she was getting closer to him, with a long full mane and tail and a cute little white snip on his nose..right she wasn't supposed to be looking at him for a long time. Turning back to Tairyn she was extremely confused when..when she wanted them to just walk right on past? Should they stop to say hello? I mean the stallions were just standing there staring at them..they were going to think they were rude or something. Just trust your friend - she said she knew what she was doing Mercy reminded herself and so rather then stopping to chat like she had thought they were going to do she followed Tairyn's example and kept walking.

...And it seemed the rainbow mare at her side really did know what she was doing because low and behold the stallions had turned around to follow them, the handsome brown falling in to step alongside her. OF course Mercy wasn't quite as forthcoming as her friend was, she couldn't quite bring herself to utter the word 'sexy' to someone she just met..but she could manage handsome. "Your a handsome fellow" She complimented him in a sincere and sweet voice. "I'm Mercy..I don't suppose you'd have some mercy on us and help us drive away our boredom?" She questioned in a teasing tone.

Glancing briefly at his friend the brown stallion winked and then turned his attention back to the pale mare that was speaking to him. "Oh I think we can think of something.." He remarked with a deep laugh.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:20 am
Tairyn was actually fairly impressed at how well Mercy fell into the routine of talking to this unknown stallion. Of course her pick up line could use a bit of work, but the stallion had still agreed to come along so it wasn't a total wash. She made a note to give Mercy a few more pointers later so that next time she would be able to do this kind of thing on her own. Tairyn wasn't going to be in the area forever after all so whatever knowledge she could impart on Mercy had to be done quite quickly.

The group made their way along the stream bank for a while idly chatting, Tairyn would occasionally add to the conversation that Mercy and her stallion had going to make sure everything went smoothly. Before long they were enjoying the day. The stallions showed them some sights, they raced across the meadows to a nice lake where they swam and before long it was getting dark. They made their way to a ridge where they would be able to watch the stars. It had all gone quite well and even Mercy seemed to be having a great time with her new male friend. And that was Tairyn's cue to get some alone time with her own sexy companion. "We will be right back." Tairyn had said to Mercy and the chestnut stallion. She made sure to toss Mercy a look that said everything was fine and to keep enjoying her new friend. Tairyn and her stallion went off into the nearby trees to enjoy some one on one time.

------

A large warm mass was pressed up against her side as Tairyn's eyes slowly opened. Though the trees filtered much of the morning light away it seemed far too bright at the moment. Slowly she lifted her head, taking in the blue stallion asleep beside him. Oh. Oh! Now she remembered it all, but wait was it morning already? Glancing up Tairyn could see the sun coming through the trees, okay, make that late morning. Slowly she got herself to her feet, careful not to wake the sleeping stallion. He had made her night perfect but now she needed to slip away to find Mercy. Tairyn didn't know if her friend was still around or not but if she was they needed to get up. Last night had been so much fun that she had never even thought about getting Mercy back to her home, and now it was into the next day and she was certain the mare would probably panic.

Picking her way out of the trees Tairyn was glad to find Mercy asleep with the chestnut stallion not too far away. Tairyn came over to her friend and nosed her gently. "Mercy time to get up." And after a moments pause she pushed her nose into the mare once more and added. "Do it quietly." If the stallions woke up they would be delayed even more.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 am
"Just a few more minutes..I'll be at eh training grounds soon I swear.." Mercy muttered groggily as she was nudged, i mean really it felt like she'd just fallen asleep there was no way that it could be....Oh.My.Gods. The memories came pouring back almost as quickly as she registered that she was sleeping next to someone..and the other someone, the one who had nudged her was Tairyn not Ironforge or Kale fetching her for training.

Which meant..that not only had she snuck off and blown off the patrol but she'd stayed out all night with a strange stallion. They were going to kill her! She was on the verge of a full blown panic attack when Tairyn's suggestion to get up quietly registed. Right the stallion - well she certainly didn't want to wake him up after last night..that would be awkward as all hell. But she really really had to get home. Like pronto.

"I have to get home, they're going to kill me!" She whispered to the mare as she carefully puled herself to her feet. "I am so dead, like so completely dead!" She went on her voice getting a little bit louder with each word as she started to give in to her panic.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am
Well, at least Mercy wasn't completely panicking. But Tairyn could see the look in the other mares eyes, it was panic, mixed with fear and perhaps a small hint of fun remaining from last night. "Shh." Tairyn tried to calm Mercy down. "You'll wake him up." She motioned to the sleeping stallion before whispering more. "And if he wakes up you will be in even bigger trouble." Tairyn knew that wasn't the best thing to say at the moment, but they really could not afford to have the stallions wake up before they were gone.

Not wanting to waste anymore time Tairyn began to lead the way back to where Mercy lived. They had to walk somewhat slowly and quietly for the first little while to make sure they made as little noise as possible. Finally when they were a safe distance away Tairyn turned to Mercy. "Okay, now we run for it." And with that the rainbow mare took off, knowing that Mercy would follow, she wanted to get home quickly and this was the best way. They ran hard and fast in the late morning air. While it filled Tairyn with a sense of thrill she knew Mercy was feeling otherwise, likely the poor mare felt like she was running into a deep sense of dread. Finally they made it to the edge of the forest in which they had first met and Tairyn came to a stop. "This is as far as I go." It's not that she wanted Mercy to take all the blame, but honestly this wasn't her herd so why should so go in to have to deal with Mercy's trainers who were apparently no fun. Stallions like that Tairyn couldn't talk out of things, so she was abandoning her friend to the fate of the knights and hoped she made it out okay.

"For what it's worth, you did a good job having fun last night. You are quite the natural at it you know." Tairyn smiled and then took a step back. "You better get going before you are even more late." Turning Tairyn went to run off but stopped herself and looked at Mercy one last time. "I'm sorry that I got you in trouble." There, she apologized, and that was a big deal for Tairyn. Though now was the time to make her own exit and so the mare took off, wanting to put as much distance between her and the impending doom as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 am
Alright, alright, Mercy already didn't really want to face the stallion, she was embarrassed and fretting enough at this point to not really want to add anything else to it.She took a deep breath and crept away from the sleeping stallions along with her new found friend. Her new found friend that had gotten her into a whole lot of trouble. Oh well..she still liked the mare.

When they started running Mercy kept up, though each footfall felt like she was running towards her death. By the time she reached the edge of the herd land she was just about certain that she was never going to see the light of another day. Sighing slightly she nodded to the other mare "It was fun.." She agreed..even if she was going to get into trouble for it she couldn't very well lie and say she hadn't had a good time. At least she was going to die having had some fun right?

"Good-bye Tairyn" She called to the other mare as she ran off - really Mercy couldn't blame her, why stick around and be a part of the trouble if she didn't have to. Still part pf her hoped that she might see the mare again someday - she had liked her and it was the first friend she had made since arriving her. Might be the last too she thought to herself as she turned around and with hanging head made her way up the pathway towards her fate.

It was...the walk of shame.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out