Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Remember That Night (Synestra, Mercy & Orrin) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 am
User Image

The day she left the herd and her father had been a tough one. She knew he hated to see her leave each time she went out into the world, but this trip was different, so much different. Normally when she left it was merely to venture out in the world, have an adventure, meet new faces and just have fun. This time there was a serious undertone to the trip. Synestra had gotten pregnant and was now on the search to find Orrin, the stallion she had spent that one fateful night with, to tell him the news. At least she wasn't going alone, her sister Mercy was tagging along as well and this was the larger mares first trip outside of the herds protection.

Mercy was a great travel partner, her ever upbeat attitude kept Synestra's hopes alive that they would indeed find Orrin before it was too late and she would need to return to the herd. They had been traveling for days now, Synestra keeping up a steady pace, one that her larger sister had no problem keeping up with. Though the closer they got to the spot she had spent the night with Orrin the more her nerves started to wear on her. What if he took the news badly? What if he didn't want to be a part of the foals lives at all? Well she would cross that bridge when she got there, but knowing that no matter what her father and sister were there to support her was all she needed to know.

They stopped mid-afternoon to take a rest near a small stream. This was in fact the area where on that day a sudden storm had forced her to flee into a cave for protection and where she met Orrin. As she took a drink from the stream Synestra's eyes roamed the area. What was the chance that Orrin was still around the area? If he wasn't, how far could he have possibly gotten since that night and more importantly in which direction would he have gone if he did leave the area.

Sighing Synestra left the stream and walked over to a nearby tree, lowering herself down in it's shade and looked towards her sister, who seemed to be enjoying her freedom as per usual.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:06 pm
User Image
"I'm sure we'll find him today" Mercy was nattering as they trotted along "Today will be the day - I've just got a feeling about it and you know how dad is always saying you should trust your instincts about things" She kept on, ears twitching and head turning to and fro as though that would help her spot the illusive stallion they were looking for - or maybe she was just looking at the scenery, it was hard to tell with Mercy.

In any case while she knew quite well that this was a serious trip Mercy was remaining upbeat about the whole thing - besides serious or not she was sure Orrin would be thrilled to find out he was going to be a father - I mean he was having foals with her sister and truly Mercy couldn't think he could ever find anyone better. Nope he'd come home with her, they'd have foals and live happily ever after because thats the way it was supposed to go. Everyone knew that.

The moving seemed endless and Mercy kept up a steady stream of commentary as they went along 'just look at that flower! You should name one of your foals after a flower! That cloud looks like a rabbit Syn..Look' ad things of that nature until her sister called a stop alongside a small stream. After slacking her thirst Mercy waded out deeper into the water while Syn took a rest in the shade "You really ought to come into the water" he called "It feels wonderful on a day like today!"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Aniira

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:34 pm
User Image

Orrin stopped beside the trunk of a large tree, taking a moment to rest his tired legs and gaze forward at the scenery before him. The trees were blooming again now--they looked so beautiful against the backdrop of clear blue sky. And there was a slow flowing stream not too far away, its clear water singing a soft lullaby for the wind. He scrunched his nose as he stared at the crystalline water--something seemed familiar about this place. Had he been here before? He could recall that stream, and the open meadow with the nearby forest... he gasped. Ah, that stormy night! The night that he had...

His cheeks turned red at the thought. Ah, what a lively night. He had never dreamed that he would have done something like that, but he had, and felt somewhat more manly for it. He chuckled, thinking himself silly. But it had been the first time that a mare of his type had been so friendly and open to him--he just hadn't been thinking.

But it had been a long time since that night, and now he had met another mare. She was lonely and heartbroken, in need of healing for her soul. Something about her had drawn Orrin to her, and now he tried to think of ways to make her feel wanted and loved. Because he did love her, and wanted her to realize that--but things were moving slowly. He was patient though, and was willing to wait an eternity to wash away her depression.

He turned his mind from these thoughts, for once letting the beautiful day take hold of him. He didn't know what brought him back to this place, but he decided to enjoy it while it lasted. He walked over to the stream, looking at his bright reflection in the water. Hmm, maybe he could do with a swim? The water did seem mighty fine!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:58 pm
Syn had to agree with Mercy that it would be nice to be in the water, it would actually be quiet refreshing. The thing was she had just laid down, and while she hated to admit it and probably never actually would, she was tired. "Let me rest a few moments first." She called out from her shady spot as she watched Mercy splash about, her sisters childlike behavior was refreshing at times, much different than their fathers ever serious ways.

After several moments of resting Synestra forced herself to get up. Walking over to the water she slowly waded in. For Mercy the water wasn't all that deep, but to Synestra it splashed up against her belly, a belly which was slowly growing now, and she hadn't even reached the center yet. Still it was very refreshing and the gentle lapping of the water against her tired legs helped her relax a bit. The longer she was in the water the more relaxed she was, all the stress of the days of travel started to wear away as she lightly kicked her legs, swimming about in the water.

Her eyes wandered around the area, the grasses, the forest, the blue sky, the multi-hued green Soquili off in the distance. Immediately she stopped and stared. It couldn't be him, she was clearly dreaming. And yet it looked so much like him. "Mercy," she called to her sister. "Are you see what I'm seeing?" Perhaps she was going crazy, perhaps pregnancy did that, made you see things that weren't there. But he looked so real. But it could just be her longing to tell him right? She could be just imagining him there. Giving her head a shake she took a few steps closer, though he was still a good distance away. "Orrin!" Synestra called out, trying to see if he would reply or evaporate like an apparition.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:14 am
Mercy had been too busy blowing bubbles at a school of fish to notice whatever it was her sister was talking about but she dutifully pulled her muzzle out of the water and turned to look with pricked ears in the direction her sister was. Water dripped off her forelock and she had to flip her head to keep it out of her eyes before she could really focus. "That green fellow?" She questioned making her way out of the water, she hadn't noticed when he arrived but he was still a good distance away...and green so he sorta blended in. She figured her lapse of observation was forgivable under those circumstances.

"Orrin?...is that him? Are you sure?" She asked her sister who seemed fairly excited by the sighting "Well what are we standing around here for then?!" She exclaimed "come on! Hurry up! Lets go and tell him!" She continued on, splashing an exuberant circle around her sister who was still in the water.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:22 am
Orrin had just wiggled his way into the water, trying to pick around some slippery stones, when a familiar voice came to his ears. He froze, and his head perked up, ears pointed. Had his name been called? Yes, it had been. It must have been. But could it really be her?

He turned his head around madly, searching for her form, if she truly was there--and gasped when he saw the two Soquili farther down the stream. Holy spirits, it was her! And she was with some strange mare who he had never seen before, but he had an inkling that she was very friendly. He wasn't sure whether to be surprised or joyous, or perhaps reluctant. She had been a great friend to him, yet only for one night. Would she finally have regrets for what they did? Or was this just a coincidence, and she was simply wanting his company again? He chose the second reason, also wanting to see her, for albeit knowing her only one night, he considered her a good friend.

He jumped out of the water, little legs straining, and started galloping towards her. "Synestra! I can't believe you're here!" he exclaimed, a wide grin on his face. Strange, how coincidences happened like this. He noticed that the larger mare was starting to head towards him, so he slowed to meet her halfway, giving her a friendly grin.

"Hello there!"

Aniira

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:41 am
A wide smile crossed her maw as she looked back to her sister. "Yes, I think that's him." Oh gods please let it be him. And as her eyes moved back down the stream to where she had seen the stallion he paused and looked towards her. Synestra's heart did a little flip when she watched him jump out of the stream and start running their way. It was him! "It is him Mercy." She told her sister excitedly as she swam against the waves her exuberant sister had created until she reached the edge and managed to free herself from the deeply splashing water. She took the time to give her coat a good shake to rid herself of as much water as possible before trotting down along the river to meet Orrin.

When she got close Synestra brought her hooves to a stop and wonder if she should nuzzle him or not. She was fairly excited to see him and after a moment of indecision threw caution to the wind and stepped forward and nuzzled him in a friendly manner. "It's good to see you again. I never imagined I would find you here again." And then she turned her gaze to the larger mare who had come with her. "Orrin, I'd like you to meet my sister, Mercy. Mercy this is Orrin." She beamed a smile at both her sister and her friend. "Oh we have so much to talk about." Boy that was a bit of an understatement.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 am
Mercy had not really bothered to shake the water from her coat - she was far to excited to stop and deal with such time consuming tasks - and so was soaking wet when they greeted the stallion but didn't seem concerned with her less then stellar appearance at all. Really who cared that her hair was hanging down like a drowned rats when they had finally found her sister's mysterious stallion!

And of course just as she thought he would be the stallion seemed quite excited to see her sister too, as well he should be of course. He'd be even more excited soon! Of course she had to deal with the initial chit chatty things first and having dealt with the confusion regarding her sibling before she gave the stallion a bright look and told him in a chipper fashion "I'm adopted"

Now..on to the far more interesting and exciting topics "we've been looking for you all over the place!" She rattled off in a pleased fashion "And you were totally right Syn..he is a handsome distraction, very bright. I like bright colors. It's good to meet you Orrin"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Aniira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:37 am
Orrin grinned, fighting back a blush as she nuzzled him. He pressed his nose to her neck in return, offering his own friendly touch. Then he pulled back, allowing himself to look over his old friend. It was easier to see her now--the night he had spent with her had been dark and his vision unclear. But she was a beautiful mare, and the pattern on her coat intrigued him.

"I know, I didn't ever think I'd be seeing you here!" he exclaimed, knowing her own amazement. Then he turned to her adoptive sister, giving a charming smile. "Well, hello Mercy! It's very nice to meet you. Any sister of Syn's is a friend to me!" He chuckled, then blushed at Mercy's comment. A "handsome distraction"? He had an idea of where that came from...

"Well, eh, thank you Mercy." He giggled, a bit embarrassed.

He turned back to Syn, his tail swooshing from left to right. "A lot to talk about eh? Well, how have you been? I never thought that I'd see you again, but now that we're here, I'd be happy to converse. It's not often you meet up with someone you thought you'd never meet again!" He laughed, overjoyed. Perhaps they'd be able to keep up this friendship and meet more often? He wondered if Syn lived around here--he would love to see her and her sister more often.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 am
Synestra felt her cheeks warm in embarrassment as Mercy went on and on. Oh god she didn't expect her sister to say that. Well actually she did, but she had hoped Mercy would keep those comments quiet. Her eyes looked back to Orrin and gave him a shrug. "She doesn't get out much." Was her explanation for Mercy's comments, but at least he seemed to be taking them in good spirits.

Giving her head a bit of a shake to clear her thoughts she concentrated on Orrin's question. "Yes, a lot to talk about." But she wasn't sure how to tell him what she needed to tell him. For some reason blurting it out like she had with her father and sister didn't really seem the appropriate way of doing it. "I have been doing well, traveling quite a bit." Mainly trying to find you, she added mentally. "What have you been up to? I didn't expect you would still be around here." In truth she didn't know where Orrin lived, whether it was around here or somewhere else. She let her eyes roam over his green hide, taking in the pattern and different hues, it made her wonder what their foals would look like. That made thought made her snap back to reality and forced her to focus on why she was here and why she had searched him out.

"I'm actually glad you're still here, it made finding you a whole heck of a lot easier than I thought it would be." Synestra bit her lip, trying to decide if now was the time to tell him or not. Oddly enough she felt a bit embarrassed saying such a thing with her sister standing there. Turning her gaze over to the large mare she asked. "Mercy, do you think you could give us a few minutes alone to talk?"

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 am
Mercy beamed at the two of them - aww see now wasn't this sweet? A happy reunion with soon to be happy news. Truth be told she was having a bit of a hard time not blurting it all out right here and now - but it wasn't her news to share, which was the only thing holding her back.

Of course she didn't expect her sister to ask her to leave either 'I already know what your going to say.." She stated in a voice which sounded like she might try and refuse...but then again she could go off and explore while her sister talked. She had met this Orrin fellow which was what she'd wanted to do originally. She might as well take advantage of freedom when it was handed to her and her face brightened at this thought considerably. "Alright! I think I'll go and pick some flowers" She told them cheerfully before bumping her sister with her nose and prancing off down the stream a ways.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 am
Orrin thought about his past few months. Ah, well, he'd been traveling, as usual. He had explored a few places, seen a few sights, but nothing unusual. Except for meeting Forte, the one who he was falling in love with... but should he tell Synestra? He wondered if he should really bring up his love life here and now, after finally meeting up with an old friend who he hadn't seen for forever... but would she mind?

He decided to hold it off, at least at first. "Well, I don't really know what brought me here. It was kind of like my hooves had a mind of their own." He chuckled, looking down at his two front hooves. "I haven't been doing much really--just traveling here and there. I haven't really decided where to settle down yet."

Then his ears perked curiously, and his head tilted to one side. "You were trying to find me? Really? What for?" He was slightly confused as Syn asked her sister for a moment of privacy, and a strange feeling entered his stomach. What was this about? Was something wrong? Did Syn need help? But she seemed happy enough... surely there were no problems? Maybe she just wanted some privacy to talk about family life or something.

He watched as Mercy moved off a ways, her words ringing in his ears. She already knew? Knew what?!

Aniira

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:32 am
Synestra was grateful that his hooves had had a mind of their own to lead him back to this very place or else she may have never found him. Then what would she have done? Well it didn't matter because they had found him. Her attention turned to Mercy for a moment as the larger mare pranced off. "Don't go too far!" She called out. For it was her responsibility to watch over Mercy and make sure nothing bad happened to her just as much as it was Mercy's job to watch over Synestra.

Now she could focus on Orrin and the task at hand. "Yes I was trying to find you, you see there's something that I need to tell you." Synestra took a deep breath and prepared her small speech. "You remember that night that we met?" Of course he would, she hadn't forgotten it yet, so it was doubtful that had had. "Those stories you told, they were so lovely and I enjoyed your company greatly. The thing is...something happened." Oh god she was so nervous that she had to look away for a moment, collected her thought and then turned her gaze back to him. "Orrin, I'm pregnant, with your foals." And before not allowing him time to react for she feared what it would be she continued on. "I'm not mad about this, and I hope you aren't either. I want you to still be a part of my life, of their lives...if you want to. I understand if you don't...I just thought you should know and that's why I came searching for you."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:39 am
Mercy flicked her tail at her sister and her silly warning, she was just going down the stream, it wasn't like she was running off into the woods. Sometimes Syn was just as over protective as they're father was - though that would probably do her well now that she was expecting foals Mercy decided.

It didn't take her long to find a pretty gathering of flowers along the streambed and she lazily weaved a few into her hair and watched her sister and Orrin speak, sure she might be to far of to actually hear what they were saying but she was betting that she would be able to tell when Syn told him by his reactions. Purely for the fun of it Mercy decided to make up the words her sister might be saying, she pitched her voice to one closer in tone to her more serious sister and prattled on in a quiet voice around a mouthful of flowers. "Oh yes Mr Handsome distraction! I am so happy I found you! Alas our wild night..where you undoubtedly rescued me from some incredible evil has resulted in a fantastic miracle! You are going to be a father and we shall return to the herd and live happily ever after!"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Aniira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 am
Orrin listened eagerly, wanting to know this piece of news that everyone seemed so secretive and concerned about. He smiled as she recounted the night they spent together, thinking of the shared stories, the warmth, the comfort. But he didn't expect what she said next. Totally, utterly, completely did not expect it.

His eyes widened , his mouth dropped a bit, though he didn't feel any anger or resentment. He was trying to process the words, wondering if they were true. But of course they were! Syn wouldn't have been so serious about them if they weren't... but what would he do? He was going to be a father!

"Oh... Oh my God," He whispered, willing his voice to speak. "I'm going to be a father." He let the words sink in for a moment, allowing his beating heart to calm. Then a mixture of excitement and fear crossed his features, and he realized that he had no idea what to do about the situation. Syn was going to the mother of his foals... but he wasn't in love with her! He was in love with Forte... but he couldn't leave Syn to take care of the foals alone! He couldn't stick this on her like some irresponsible hard-head. But he couldn't leave Forte either--she depended on him. He was making her life a brighter place.

"Syn, I'm not angry at all. I... I'm actually happy. Happier than I look. Ecstatic, really!" He grinned, though the tenseness of his face made it look more like a grimace. "But there's a small problem..." He had to tell her. Maybe they could work something out... it had to work.

"You see..." he cleared his throat nervously. "I'm kind of in love with someone else. Someone who I told I'd spend my life with." He looked away, becoming suddenly ashamed, feeling like the whole thing was his fault. Because it was, right? "I can't leave her. But I don't want to leave you either. I WANT to see my foals. Be their father. Watch them grow. I don't want you to be alone." Just thinking of tiny hooves running around made him feel light-headed, but he shook the feeling away.

"I don't know what to do Syn... I've put us in a fine predicament, eh?" He tried to lift the mood, and hoped that she wouldn't be disappointed in him. Because it was the truth--he was happy, and wanted to be a father.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff