Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 am
User Image
Although the morning had started out fairly decent..bright, and sunny with blue skies the day had progressed into something quite different. Standing at the edge of the meadow Mercy regarded the gathering storm clouds on the horizon. Already the wind had picked up enough to blow her mane and tail about in a completely irritating fashion and her feathers rustled on her wings - it would certainly make flying practice a bit more hazardous.

Not that it would stop her of course - Mercy was confident that she had learned enough in the last few weeks of practice that the storm winds wouldn't be too much of hindrance...though if she waited to much longer she wouldn't be able to fly at all today, she didn't trust herself enough to fly in an actual full blown storm quite yet. Shaking her head slightly and glancing around to make sure no one was around to fuss at her for it Mercy leapt into the air.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:35 am
User Image

It had been a bit of time since Camaria had last found herself in this area. Since that day of meeting the alicorn here and giving her a quick flying lesson Camaria had traveled far, offering her services to others who needed them. But now she was making her way back to the area she called home, for now at least, as she tended to keep her home close to the area she would be working in. However it was looking like she might not make the entire journey today. Off in the distance storm clouds filled the sky and a strong wind was beginning to blow and would likely only get worse. Camaria wasn't entirely against flying in storms, she had done so on a number of occasions, however when simply traveling and not gathering vital information on a job there was no reason to take the risk.

Perhaps she could find shelter from the coming storm amongst Mercy's herd. The mare had seemed plenty friendly and surely someone like that did not live in a herd that did not welcome strangers. In fact Camaria remembered Mercy saying the herd was made up of Usdia, so she shouldn't have much problem convincing them to let her stay a few hours. Speaking of Mercy, the large mare spotted her on the ground below and tipped her wings. She watched as Mercy leapt into the air and stayed a distance back not wanting to scare her but also curious to see just how she had improved since their visit.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:37 am
As she had guessed the increasing winds made things a bit more of a challenge as she was buffeted and blown off course with every particularly large rush. In a way though it was more fun too..Mercy found herself trying to anticipate which way the wind would blow her and how she could counter it. She wasn't always right of course but she made enough good decisions that she was feeling pretty good about herself by the time she landed to take a breather.

Flying during a wind storm was a bit more work then normal and while her muscles were certainly stronger then the had been she still tired easier then many flyers. Huffing slightly in an attempt to catch her breath she stretched out her wings to ease the muscles a bit before wandering towards the stream nearby where she could take a drink.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:45 am
Camaria studied MArcy's flight closely. The mare had indeed improved, and considering the heavy winds right now she had to give her credit for doing so well. Following the pink tinged mare down to the ground, Camaria landed lightly a little ways away. Down here the wind was a bit less than it was in the air but it was still pretty heavy and would only get worse as the storm progressed and moved direction on top of them. "You're doing much better." She called out to Mercy and trotted towards her. It was good to see that her pointers had make a difference to Mercy and her flying abilities.

Now that she was closer and she didn't need to yell over the wind Camaria spoke again. "It is certainly not easy to fly in wind such as this. But you did good to try to predict the way it would push you." Indeed with a few more flights and a bit more practice Mercy would be soaring among the clouds like the other winged Soquili out there. Then Camaria would get to see the full effect of her advice.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 am
While some might be startled at being spoken to out of the blue like that Mercy, having recognized Camaria's voice merely pulled her head around with pricked ears and a warm look to view the mare. She was always happy to see old friends after all and while she had only met the other mare once before mercy none the less considered her a friend. she had helped her to fly and that was deserving of friendship even if they had never seen each other again.

"Camaria!" he greeted the other mare cheerfully, resettling her wings before trotting towards her "Thank you - I've been practicing all the exercises you gave me" She added, pleased with the praise she had received. "I wouldn't have been able to do it if you hadn't been such a good teacher" She added to make sure the mare knew that she had most of the credit for any improvement Mercy showed. "What brings you back this way again?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:13 am
A smile grew on Camaria's lips. Mercy was such a friendly and cheerful mare, it was certainly a nice break from some of the other Soquili she dealt with for her job. "I can see that you have been practicing." She said with a bob of her head. "Had you not been there would be no way that you could have flown in that wind." Even she had been having difficulties when the larger gusts buffeted her this way and that. There were times that Soquili and other animals just weren't meant to fly and heavy storms was one of those. Even the birds often sought shelter in trees to wait out the heavy winds and rains before returning to the sky once more.

"I am glad that I was able to help you out." She may play the role of spy at times but providing help to others was also part of her duties. "Oh I was actually headed home for a bit. But I figured since I was in the area I could stop by and see how you were doing." A strong gust of wind whipped across the land, sending her tail and short mane flapping out for a moment before it died down. "This storm will slow me down a bit though. I was hoping I could wait it out here, if your herd doesn't mind."

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:27 am
Mercy was pleased to hear the praise of the other mare - she had been working hard, someday she wanted to fly as well as all the other winged Soquili she had met thus far and she well knew that most winged soquili already had these skills down pat by the time they were her age - not that she blamed her family for that, they could hardly teach her something they knew nothing about and certainly being raised without flight was a good deal better then not being raised at all!

"Oh they won't mind" Mercy assured the mare "They're a very welcoming herd" She added "And no one would want you out in this weather - father says it going to be a very nasty storm" she went on to add recalling very well her adoptive fathers warning this morning to the rest of the herd..everyone had been told to make ure they were well under cover by the time the storm hit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am
Camaria was pleased to know that the herd would welcome her to wait out the storm. She could have found shelter elsewhere but since she was already here it made sense to stay until it passed. Turning her eyes to the black clouds rolling in Camaria could agree that the storm would be quite nasty. "It's certainly going to be a big one." She commented with a nod of her head before turning her attention back to Mercy. In the air she had seen the clouds stretch for many miles,surely it would take a while for the storm to pass.

"So what else have you been up to since I was last here?" They had a short time before the storm would be on top of them, they could talk for a bit and maybe seek out some shelter while they did so.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:59 am
"Not all that much" Mercy admitted with a slight shake of her head - really she didn't have a very exciting life, at least compared to some of the visitors the herd had seen in its time. Not that that was a bad thing - there was something to be said for living a nice peaceful life and Mercy was sure she ought to be grateful for the opportunity to do so...but a part of her really wanted to do more with her life, make some sort of difference in the world - although the rest of the herd would likely chuckle a little bit at hearing that, she wasn't what most horses had in mind when they envisioned world changing Soquili she knew. "It's a pretty quiet life here" She told the other mare to sum up the thoughts that had distracted her.

"Not nearly as exciting as your own I'm sure" She hedged,wondering if the mare would pick up on the hint and tell her some of the more exciting things she had been up to since they had last seen each other. Motioning with her muzzle Mercy indicated an area on their left " There's a pretty good crop of trees over there, should make for some good shelter in the storm" She suggested

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 am
"Quiet lives are sometimes better than the more hectic ones that some have." It was nice to have quiet times, that was for sure, but having the odd bump in the road added a certain quality to it. Giving her head a bob Camaria continued. "Well even boring things can be exciting at times." Glancing over at the stand of trees she agreed it would be a good place to shelter out the storm. Starting to walk in that direction Camaria glanced over at Mercy. "I saw this interesting area to the north. It held the most beautiful water fall ever. The water there was so clean and clear, it was amazing." Certainly in all her travels she had never seen a place such as that. "When you get a bit better with your flying I'll take you to see it." It was a good distance away and while walking could get them there seeing it from the air added a whole new perspective to the area.

The rumbling of thunder increased as they moved closer to the trees and the wind blew harder. "Seems like I arrived just in time, the storm is certainly moving in quicker than I had thought it would."

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:35 am
Mercy could see how that might be true - it wasn't as though she wanted a life full of constant danger or stress...just one with a bit of excitement here and there to spice things up but she wasn't sure if she could agree with the mares next comment. How could something that was generally boring also be exciting? It just didn't seem to make much sense. Perhaps that sort of wisdom was something that came with age - but Mercy jut couldn't fathom how. Oh well there was no point in dwelling on it or starting an argument by stating she didn't agree. Best to move on then.

"Oh that would be lovely!" She exclaimed rather flattered by the other mares offer - if nothing else it would certainly give her a reason to practice her flight even more then she already was. Glad that they reached the shelter of the trees before the rain started Mercy glanced up at the roiling grey clouds "They tend to sweep in fat around here" Mercy agreed "'Especially this time of year"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:43 am
Camaria smiled over at Mercy. "It would be nice to have a traveling partner for a change. And there is plenty to see along the way as well." And it would likely be the alicorns first real adventure outside of her home territory. Shame she hadn't found her sooner, but at least since their last meeting Mercy had improved on flying and would continue to do so in the coming weeks if she kept up with practicing.

Giving her mane a shake as the entered the trees Camaria turned her eyes to the rain that now fell upon the meadow they were standing in only moments ago. "I'm not used to such fast moving storms. Where I grew up they came in slowly, gave you plenty of time to find shelter." Oh sure the odd one would sweep in quite fast and catch them off guard but that was a rare occurrence indeed. Slowly she turned her attention back to Mercy. "One day I can teach you the trick to flying in a storm. Though it only works for the less severe ones. There are times when no one should fly...and a storm like this is one of them." She said with a bit of a chuckle.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 am
"So you always travel alone then?" Mercy questioned having made that assumption from the mares comment "My sister goes out on her own once in a while - not so much now as she used to now that he had Syrrin and Olo to look after - but my father never really liked her traveling alone. He says its far to dangerous out there for mares to be traveling alone" She told the other mare - although Camaria looked like she could handle herself just fine.

Eyeing the storm and giving a little jump at a particularly loud boom of thunder Mercy shook her head slightly 'I don't see why anyone would ever want to try and fly in weather like this" She told the mare "Unless it was some sort of emergency anyways" And it would have to be a fairly big emergency for her to try even then.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:00 pm
Giving her head a bit of a bob Camaria shifted her wings slightly before settling them against her sides one more. "Generally I do. My travels are not always for pleasure though, I do a lot of work through travel as I mentioned the first time we met." She hadn't entirely mentioned the part about being a spy but that was only half of her job, the other half was simply helping others out, providing necessary information needed to make a living or find ones way. "It can be dangerous, very dangerous at time. But flying allows me to escape some dangers that ground bound Soquili cannot." Of course there were dangers in the air as well, what with Kalona and all, but she could outfly most of them.

Letting out a chuckle as Mercy jumped at the thunder Camaria shook her head. "Even in an emergency I wouldn't fly in weather like this. But the lesser storms, ones were it's just a bit of rain and higher winds you can fly in...you just need to learn how to read the wind." It was far too nasty out today to teach Mercy that but perhaps after the storm died down she could, as often the winds were the last thing to move off after a storm.

She-Ra of Etheria

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:09 am
"But don't you get lonely?" Mercy asked after a few moments of silence - she herself had never been away from her family, she simply couldn't fathom going off all on her own - what in the world would she do with herself? Who would she talk with? She was quite sure that she would go mad spending all her time alone - but Camaria had obviously found a way to cope with it.

"That sounds almost like it would be fun" She stated - flying in the wind and rain..well as long as you were careful anyways, and certainly she would never consider flying if there was lightning in the area - that was just asking for trouble. She'd have to learn of course..but that hadn't stopped her from learning how fly in the first place and it certainly wouldn't stop her from learning how to fly in more hazardous conditions.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff