[PRP] Babysitters Day (Lapin, Poe & Mercy) FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:54 am
User Image

Today was Aunt Mercy Day! Or at least it was in Lapin's mind. Grandpa was off attending to some business, she didn't know all the details but knew it had to do with Mercy's eventual departure. It made Lapin sad to think her Aunt wouldn't be around much longer so having a day spend alone with her would be super awesome! She wasn't completely alone with Mercy, her sister Poe was here too. Their mother had some errand to run as well and had left the two foals in the larger mares care. Lapin wondered what fun things they would do today. Aunt Mercy loved to have fun so Lapin was sure she had all kinds of fun things planned.

Glancing over at her sister Lapin started off in her hyper tone. "What do you think we'll do today Poe? Do you think Aunt Mercy will take us to the stream? Or maybe she will let us go exploring?! Wouldn't that be fun?" The tiny foal was practically dancing on spot, always the one to be in constant motion. "Do you think she will let us ride on her back? Maybe she will fly for us! I want to fly! Imagine what that would be like?" Lapin began running around her sister, jumping now and then, flapping imaginary wings. Though that came to a crashing halt, quite literally, when she ran into her Aunt's legs. But quick to recover Lapin was back on her feet the moment she stopped tumbling backwards. "Hey Aunt Mercy what are we gonna do today?! Poe and I want to do all kinds of fun stuff. Isn't that right Poe?" Even if Poe didn't, which sometimes her shy sister preferred quiet activities, she was certain Poe would agree just this once.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:15 am
User Image

Poe really wished her sister wouldn't bounce around quite so much, it seemed that Lapin was simply incapable of holding still for longer then a few moments at a time - or so she had heard some of the adult herd members remark from time to time when they didn't think anyone was listening. Poe was inclined to agree with this comment however. "I ..I don't know, maybe if you ask her" She responded to her sister in a quiet voice, ducking her head behind her mask when one of her sisters hyper romps brought her just a few hairs shy of running into her. Oh Lapin was going to crash into her..she just knew it!

"Flying sounds scary..it's far to high up there" She told her sister with a slight shake of her head, really how did flying sound like fun? It was high and dangerous as far as Poe was concerned...if only Lapin liked to watch the birds or pick flowers..or any other nice safe activity. The stream...Poe could get behind the stream, although Lapin would probably want to swim and Poe was afraid of the water - they'd all heard what had happened to their older brother as a foal - But she could stay on the shore and watch the minnows, that was always fun. Funner then trying to fly or exploring the woods which were dark and scary anyways. "The stream could be fun" She ventured hoping that her sister would grasp onto the idea and persuade Aunt Mercy to take that option.

Of course almost as soon as she said that the ill fated collision Poe had been fearing came to pass although it ,thankfully, did not involve her but her sister and Aunt. Still she had known something like that would happen..what with Lapins constant motion it had been inevitable. "Lapin be careful!" She scolded her sister in a worried tone, although Lapin did not seem fazed at all by the encounter.

User Image

Mercy knew that it wouldn't be long before she had to leave and start her training with this Ironforge fellow her father had told her about and while she fully intended to come home and visit as much as she could it was none the less all the more important to spend time with her nieces and nephews now while she had the chance.

In that vein of thinking she had eagerly agreed to watch over the girls while Syn was off for the day. She had often watched Olo when he was a foal right? It couldn't be much differant with two of them...of course she hadn't factored in Lapins energy level when she'd thought that and mere moments after coming to collect them Lapin brought that realization to the forefront of Mercy's mind by crashing straight into her.

There didn't seem to be much cause for concern however as Lapin was back on her feet almost as soon as she could be and Mercy merely shook her head slightly "Yes..please be careful Lapin, your mother will never forgive me if I let something happen to you" She told the small foal who was still dashing about. "What sort of fun things do you want to do then?" She asked the foals although by the look on Poe's face she was sure that the two would have vastly differant ideas about what was 'fun'

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 am
Lapin let out a heavy sigh. Why did everyone have to constantly tell her to be careful? She was careful! Most of the time. It wasn't her fault that things got in her way from time to time. When you run around at full speed all the time it's hard to avoid things. But Lapin didn't know how to do things slowly, it was fast or faster, nothing else. "I want to fly! But Poe doesn't want to. She thinks it's scary! But I wouldn't want you to go all the way up to the clouds, just off the ground. Can you fly up to the clouds? They seem very far away. If you can can you touch the clouds and bring them down here? If you fly high enough can you avoid rain?" The talk of flying had totally side tracked Lapin from what she had meant to say. Marcy had asked what they wanted to do, and while she did still want to fly mentioning that had brought on a slue of questions that distracted her from the real question at hand.

Glancing back at her sister Lapin trotting over to her and nudged her cheek. She knew Poe was scarred of things, and it became more apparent whenever she hid behind her mask. "Poe wants to do something not dangerous, or scary or fun. Well she wants to have fun but not too much I guess. Poe take your mask off, I promise I'll try to be careful." Lapin may be filled with endless energy and have a bold and adventurous side that often spelled disaster but when it came down to it she was also extremely protective and loving of her shy sister. "Poe do you want to go to the stream?" Though her voice was calmer, there was a wiggle coursing through Lapin's body. It was hard to stay still. "Can we go to the stream Aunt Mercy? Can I ride on your back? Poe do you want a ride as well?" If she couldn't get Mercy to fly maybe just a simple ride on the larger mares back could be fun. It would get them off the ground and that was pretty close to flying, right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:34 am
"It is scary" Poe stated in a firm but quiet voice that was slightly muffled - coming as it was from behind her mask. Poe simply couldn't imagine how being so very high with nothing under you could be fun or even remotely appealing - it was crazy enough that she thought her Aunt quite mad for trying it - wings or no wings - and her sister even madder still for wishing to try it. She would stay on the ground where she belongs thanks.

"You can still have fun..just..quiet fun" She continued on as Lapin tried to reassure her - her sister meant well she knew but Poe was equally positive that no matter her good intentions she would forget and be back to roughhousing around again in no time. It was just the way Lapin was, at least she made an effort though..Poe was thankful for that and slowly she pulled her mask down to eye her sister "The stream might be nice" She agreed cautiously before eyeing her Aunt - Mercy was awfully tall and it would be so very easy to slip off of her back. "No I think I'll just walk"

Mercy smiled slightly as Lapin tried to make Poe feel better - it was nice to see that although they were so very different personality wise from one another the two sisters were still very close to one another. She hoped they would stay that way throughout their lives. "We can go to the stream if you'd like" Mercy agreed with a slight nod - there ought to be enough to see and do at the stream to keep them both happy for at least a little while.

At Lapins request for a ride Mercy laughed a little bit "I suppose if you want to that would be fine" She told the little black filly, that was the one advantage to having Nieces who were so very small..they could do things like this that would be much harder with a full sized Soquili foal, Laying down so that the black foal could clamber aboard Mercy looked towards Poe "And its perfectly fine if you want to walk too"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 am
While Lapin knew where her sister was coming from she just didn't think quiet fun was ...well fun. How could it be fun if you were sitting around quietly doing nothing? That was the very definition of unfun! However because she did love her sister Lapin was willing to take some time out of today and do what Poe wanted to do, even if it was quiet and therefore unfun. Besides, even if the stream wasn't overly exciting the fact was that they were getting to spend the entire day with Aunt Mercy! And since she would be leaving soon, though how soon no one seemed to know, today would be pretty darn special no matter what they did. "We're going to the stream, we're going to the stream!" Lapin danced around Mercy and Poe. This would be so much fun! Even if it was quiet unfun fun!

Then the best thing happened, Aunt Mercy agreed to let her ride on her back. Lapin could not contain her excitement. She dashed around laughing, jumping this way and that, but was certain to keep away from Poe so she didn't crash into her sister. "Gonna ride on Aunt Mercy, gonna be like flying!" Once Mercy had laid down Lapin hurried to her side, it took a moment for her to get onto her back, taking a few jumps to land just right but soon she was laying on Mercy's back, legs dangling off to each side. "Yay! Let's go." Lapin kicked her legs in excitement, not hard enough to hurt Mercy but she would feel little bumps along her side. "To the pond, to the pond! Can we go fast? I was to go really fast!" Then it would truly feel like she was flying. "Come on let's go!" The sooner they go moving the sooner the fun would begin! She couldn't wait to get to the stream. Lapin would definitely play in the water, maybe chase a frog, or jump along the rock or...the possibilities were endless.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 am
Mercy laughed slightly as Lapins little kicks somewhat tickled her side with their drumming, the little foals excitement was catching and it was hard not to be put in a good mood by it herself - of course it was hard not to be in a good mood whenever she spent time with her nieces and nephews. It was something she was going to miss once she left for her training.

"I suppose we can go a little bit fast" She told Lapin although she was pretty sure that Poe wouldn't be too pleased with this - although she didn't plan on going all that fast - gods Syn would kill her if Lapin fell off and hurt herself.

"Come on Poe" She encouraged the quieter of the foals before flaring her wings slightly to help keep Lapin balanced and setting off towards the pond at a trot.

Poe cringed as Lapin started to jump around again - she just knew her sister was going to crash into her again, not that she would mean too - she'd just forget to watch where she was going. Lapin had a good heart she just had a tendency to forget about things like watching where she was going from time to time. Thankfully Aunt Mercy agreed to let her ride on her back which would at the very least keep her rambunctious sister up out of trouble. Well as long as she didn't fall off.

Poe was suddenly gripped with panic at the thought of that - her mind imaging all sorts of horrible accidents and visions of Lapin falling from thier large Aunt's back to her doom upon the hard ground below! It would be awful..terrible, their mother would be so sad! It was enough of a terible thought to make Poe duck behind her mask for a few moments until she managed to push them from her mind and bobble along after her Aunt and sister as they set off down the path - her gaze firmly fixed upon the ground in front of her as they went along. Not only did Poe not want to trip and hurt herself traveling at this high rate of speed - really did they have to trot? But she did not want to see her sister fall if and when she did!

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 am
Glancing down from her perch atop Mercy's back Lapin watched as the ground flew by. This is exactly how she imagined it would be to fly. The small foal squealed with excitement. Grass, rocks and small plants raced by them, even though they weren't moving all that fast. But it was a huge adrenaline rush for Lapin. "This. Is. Totally. Awesome!" She yelled out as Mercy trotted along. She couldn't believe that Poe would not want to try this out. Speaking of Poe, Lapin craned her neck around to look back at her sister. "Come on Poe!" She encouraged her shy sister to get a move on, Poe looked awfully cautious the way she was staring at the ground.

"Go faster Aunt Mercy! I want to go faster!" She kicked her legs again, hoping to prod her aunt into doing what she asked. Mercy would probably say no, but Lapin tried anyways. It's not like she was gonna fall or anything, Aunt Mercy's wings held her in spot and they were only trotting at the moment. "Hey I can see the stream already!" Lapin shouted though it was hard to tell if it was purely out of excitement or letting Poe know. Usually they had to be almost at the stream before they could see it, but from way up here on Mercy's back Lapin was fairly certain she would see the edge of the herds territory. Gosh grandpa had a lot of land to look over, Lapin was even more impressed now that her grandfather led the herd than she was prior to this moment. "I can see so far! Poe you have to try this it's so cool!" Surely her sister would agree when she found out that from up here she could see the whole of the home. Lapin was fairly certain Poe would still say no, but she would at least ask her to try. Though Lapin didn't plan on getting down any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:22 am
"Just be careful up there" Mercy told the foal on her back as they trotted along with Poe following behind like a small bundle of nerves. It was hard not to smile and laugh at Lapin's reaction to things however - if only all Soquilli were this easily pleased! Imagine how happy everyone would be then.

When Lapin tried to prod her into going a bit faster Mercy complied by picking up the pace just a tiny bit - enough to hopefully placate Lapin..but keep poor Poe from being either left behind or having a heart attack from worry. "Yes we're almost there" She agreed as the foal cried out in joy at seeing the stream. It was funny to see the difference's between how Lapin and Poe saw the world compared to her - even as a foal she had been a little bit bigger then most of the herd.

Breaking out of the treeline they arrived on the shore and Mercy slowed down so that she could navigate the slight decline to the water's edge safety with Lapin on her back, Wading into the slowly moving water she lay down so that Lapin could swim off in the shallows before looking back to ensure Poe was still fine.

Poe continued along at her previously careful pace - even when Aunt Mercy sped up a little bit, cringing slightly at her sisters shrill cries..did she have to be so very loud? "I dunno.." She stated hesitantly at her sisters suggestion, she didn't want to say no outright and seem like a coward but she certainly wasn't going to agree to try it either!

Thankfully it seemed like they were going to make it to the stream without some horrible accident and she carefully worked her way down the bank to stand a few paces away from the madly rushing water and look in alarm at her sister who was sure to be washed away. "Be careful Lapin! Aunt Mercy don't let the tide carry her off!" That had happened to Olo once - she knew because he'd told her so!

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:22 am
The trip was already over but the fun was only just beginning for Lapin. Of course she also planned on making Aunt Mercy her carry her on the way home too because that had be too much fun to only do once. With Mercy laying down in the shallows Lapin kicked her legs a bit and with the help of the water gently floated off of her aunts back. Hearing Poe Lapin let out a snort. "It's not that strong Poe. And besides Uncle Olo got swept away because it was in the spring when all the snow had melted and the stream was much deeper then. It's summer, so the water is slow and shallow." She was trying to assure her sister that everything was fine but Lapin wasn't sure her wording would get the point across without sounding upset or angry. Well, if Poe got upset then she would apologize. For now it was all about the fun. Still it would be nice if Poe would join them in the water.

"Poe why don't you come in. Aunt Mercy can stand behind us so there no chance of us getting pulled downstream. That way we can swim without worrying." Lapin wasn't worried, even if the current had been strong Lapin would have likely dove in. She wanted to see just where the stream would take her, how far she could float before it ended or meat another body of water. Would she see other Soquili along the way if she did? Would there be rocks and other things in the water to avoid? "Hey Aunt Mercy!" She called out enthusiastically and loudly even though the larger mare was only a few feet away. "How long is this river? Where does it end? Does it reach the ocean? Are there cliffs it goes over? Or maybe a lake? Can we walk to the end of it? Or swim to it? Does Grandpa's land end before or after the stream does?" Lapin paddled around in the water as she rambled off the question, looking for things of interest in the water.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:56 am
Mercy laughed slightly though she tried to keep Poe from noticing so that the little filly wouldn't think she was laughing at her. Composing herself she turned back to the little foal "Don't worry" She assured her "I won't let her get carried off" She promised..though to be honest Lapin was right about one thing the current today was far to slow to carry anyone off. It was actually kind of lazy really.

And then Lapin started spouting off question after question and Mercy found herself hard pressed to keep up with them all. "I don't know how long it is or where it ends" She admitted " Perhaps I will learn when I go off for my training and then come back and tell you..I think it is far to far for you to swim or walk though, and it goes far beyond the herds land, I can't see the end even all the way up in the air"

Poe didn't seem all that convinced at her Aunt's assurances at first but when Lapin continued to paddle about and didn't seem to be having any trouble then she calmed down some and inched her way towards the water. Honestly she preferred nice small ponds..but Lapin didn't find ponds exciting at all so it was typically the stream they wound up at in the end. Still sometimes she could find neat things to watch in the stream and with that in mind she wandered a bit upstream while her sister rambled on to their Aunt.

She hadn't gone very far when she saw a few silver darting form in the water and inching even closer, her legs actually a few inches into the water she called out to her sister and Aunt in excitement "Fish! Aunt Mercy! Lapin! There are baby fish here!" If anything could get Poe excited it was something to do with nature..baby animals, wildlife..even pretty flowers were the things Poe found exciting in life.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:42 am
"Wow." She couldn't imagine not being able to see the end of the stream from up in the air. Then again Lapin also couldn't imagine what it was like to be able to fly either. One day she would convince Aunt Mercy to take her up there, but she would have to do it soon as the larger mare would be leaving in no time for her training. "That's a long stream then." Lapin was suddenly a bit subdued. No longer was she full of energy, rambling off long strings of questions or bouncing around liek she normally was. This would be one of the last times they would get to see Aunt Mercy for some time. Who knew how long she would be gone for training or if and when she would be able to come back to visit. Lost in these sad thoughts Lapin nearly missed her sisters excitement over something.

With a solid shake of her head Lapin glanced over at Poe, who had entered the water a bit, that in itself was a shock but then she heard something about fish. Lapin liked fish, they were so very fast and neat looking. Making her way to the bank Lapin walked over to her sister, for once careful not to rush ahead or make a lot of noise knowing it would scare away the one thing that had gotten her sister out of her shell. Standing beside Poe Lapin glanced down in the water, and sure enough there was tiny silver fish there. "That's really neat Poe!" She said in an excited but slightly quiet voice. The fish were constantly moving making it hard to keep track of them. "How big do you think they will get?" Lapin asked looking up at her aunt.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:35 pm
"It is" Mercy agreed as she followed the foal towards her sister, for once Lapin was being nice and calm - but Mercy wasn't all that surprised, if anything could get Lapin to calm down and behave it was something to do with her sister. The two were very close and though she was sad that she might not be as much as she would like while they grew...she was determined to come back and visit as much as she possibly could and sensing perhaps a bit of sadness in Lapin she leaned down and nuzzled the foal. She really would come back and visit..although Lapin probably wouldn't believe that until she proved it.

Turing her attention to the fish that the foals were looking at Mercy eyed them critically "I've seen some of them get pretty big" She told them "But I bet Olo could tell you exactly how big, he knows a lot about the animals in the area"

Poe was absolutely beaming as she looked at the fish - and she was even happier when her excitable sister calmed down and didn't scare them off "Wouldn't it be neat if we could swim underwater like they can - I bet there are a lot of neat looking things down there" She told her sister in a slightly awed tone although she knew that looking at fish wouldn't keep her sisters attention for very long.

The water even felt pretty good on her legs and it didn't seem to be all the strong current wise. Somewhat bolstered by Lapins earlier swimming - I mean if her sister didn't get carried away then she probably wouldn't either - she waded in a little bit further. Maybe she'd try actual swimming today. It did look like fun and it was a bit to hot to just sit on the sidelines today.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:45 am
It was surprising how exciting it could be to simply stand here and watch several fish swim about their legs. Of course it helped that Poe and her calm ways was here or else Lapin might not find it all that interesting. Hearing Aunt Mercy mention that they could get pretty big Lapin wondered just how big. The stream wasn't too big, but what if as they grew bigger they moved downstream, to whatever lay beyond their border. Did they move to a lake or maybe the ocean if it met up with the stream? Or did the stream get bigger and deeper the further away it got from grandpa's land? So many questions!

Then it was Poe who said something even more interesting and it grabbed Lapin's attention fully - for the moment at least. "Oh I bet they see all kinds of neat stuff!" She began in an excited voice. "Look at all those rocks, and there are shells, and plants! I bet they see other fish too! And maybe frogs!" Her excitement moved from her voice to her body and before she knew it was happening, Lapin was practically prancing in the stream, which of course scared off the fish. "I wonder if they play games, do you think they play game? How do they breath? What do they eat? Oh! I bet it looks really neat under the water!" Glancing down Lapin nearly plunged her head under the water, just to see what it would look like to try to look at things within it, but then suddenly realized she had started moving and scared away all the fish. "Oh...sorry Poe." She cast an apologetic look at her sister, she hadn't meant to scare them off! Maybe if she stood still again they would come back. "Do you think they will come back Aunt Mercy? I didn't mean to scare them! I just got excited." Her large ears were pulled back flat against her skull in a sad way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 am
Mercy laughed slightly as the foals got so excited over the fish, the minnows were cute to be sure..or at least as cute as fish could be anyways. However Lapins excitement , like always, translated into movement and the fish skittish ceatures that they were darted off to safer places. "They'll come back" She assured Lapin, leaning down to nuzzle the foal, it was so rare to see Lapin look sad like that.

"they live here, I'm sure if we back up and leave them be for a few minutes they'll swim right back" She stated "I don't know if they play games really at least I've never seen them do so, I'm pretty sure they spend most of their time eating - bugs and little water plants and the like..and they don't breath like we do. I don't know if they breath at all, there's no air under the water." She went on attempting to answer the foals questions with what limited knowledge she had on the subject matter.

Poe watched as the fish darted away due to her sister's prancing, she was sad to see them go but it was interesting to see how they darted through the water so quickly...and when Lapin apologized and seemed so sorry for scaring them off well..she could hardly get mad at her sister now could she? "It's okay Lapin..look how fast they were swimming off, I bet they are almost as fast as you are!" She told her sister with a warm look.

Listening as Aunt Mercy tried to explain about the fish Poe wrinkled her nose slightly "It might be fun to see things underwater..but I don't think I want to do it if I have to eat bugs... that's gross" The filly stated in her typical quiet voice.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am
Lapin let out an audible sigh, the fish would come back if they stood still. Well, that could be a problem. Lapin knew how hard it was for her to stay still at the best of times, and even though she wanted the fish to come back more for Poe's sake than her own Lapin knew it just wouldn't happen. Already she was itching to move. She had remained still for quite some time initially watching the fish, but now that that had been broken by her thought filled thrashing she wanted to move more. Taking a couple steps back Lapin tried to stop the need to move. Her head turned this way and that, ears flicked, tail bobbed, everything she could move did move in an attempt to keep her hooves still so the fish could return. It was a loosing battle, already she could feel the muscles in her leg practically jumping, willing her to move.

Must stay still! Movement caught her attention from the corner of her eye. Slowly she turned her head, off in the distance was a small creature, what kind she wasn't sure, it was too far away and too small to tell. The creature moved to the left, then a bit to the right, almost as if possibly searching for something. Just what was it? And what was it doing. Th creatures head suddenly snapped up, looking towards the sky and then dashed towards the trees not far from where it had been sitting. "Did you see that? What was it?" Already she was moving out of the stream, and into the grass. "It's getting away!" Lapin cried out as the creature darted into the trees and she lost sight of it. Oh but she needed to know what it was, where it was going, what it was doing and why it ran away suddenly. Unable to take it any longer Lapin started to run, run towards the trees where the creature had disappeared. "Come on!" She yelled over her shoulder when she remembered that she had been with Poe and Aunt Mercy, they would want to see it too, Lapin was certain of that as she continued to charge across the grass, her little legs moving as fast as they could.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff