Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 am
User Image

Mercy wasn't sure if today was a day she should be looking forward..or a day she should be dreading. Perhaps it was a day for both - she was excited to be leaving it was true..but sad too. she had always wanted to see the world, to learn more about what waited for her outside of the herds sheltered meadow home and yet she loved her family and was loathe to leave them.

Good- byes do not always have to be forever though she reminded herself and she certainly did not intend for this one to be - no she would come home as often as she was allowed, to visit and spend time with those she would always love. As such she had gathered the supplies she planned to take with her, a small leather satchel that Cheveyo had bartered for a long time ago sat at her feet with several mementos tucked away inside and now waited at the edge of the herd Territory as the rest of the herd gathered to say good-bye.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 am
User Image

As leader - but more importantly as Mercy's father Cheveyo thought that he ought to go first and looking at his fellow herdmates surrounding him he broke the somewhat sad looking circle and stepped forward to nuzzle his adopted daughter.

"We will miss you" Chev told her seriously "But you must always remember that this is your home, you will always have a place here and no matter how this training goes I'll be proud of you" He assured her - he knew that the pale mare was a bit nervous about what awaited her but unlike her he was sure she would do just fine once she put her mind to it. "Be careful on your journey and make sure you come back to visit often"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:45 am
User Image

Once his grandfather have stepped forward to start things off Syrrin came up to the pink and tan mare as well, tiling his head up to eye her critically "Welp..never thought you'd make it this far to be honest" He told the mare bluntly "Was pretty sure your scrawny long legged self would crash into the ravine back when you were learning to fly" He added seriously, not being the type to mince words.

But neither was he the type to be mean and a moment later his face broke out in a warm look "But I'm glad you've made it..and I'll miss you around here...good thing we got Lapin around or the place would be a hell of a lot calmer..and we can't have that now can we?" He added with a fond look at the bouncy Lapin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 am
User Image

So the day had finally come. Syn was not sure how well she would be able to stand there and say goodbye to her sister without turning into a babbling crying bundle of emotions. Mercy had always been there for her, through thick and thin, she had helped Syn raise her four children and was just as much a part of this herd as anyone else was. After waiting to make sure their father had enough time with Mercy on his own Syn stepped out and headed over to where she stood. Lapin and Olo would follow shortly behind, she had told them both, though more so to Lapin, to keep things short simply so Mercy wouldn't be bogged down with goodbye and the sad emotions that were attached to them.

"Well looks whos about to embark on her first adventure. It's about darn time." Syn joked, though it was honestly the only way should would get through this without crying right off the bat. "Finally got tired of watching me have all the fun huh?" Glancing over at her father Syn smiled, knowing this day would be hard on him too and then returned her gaze to Mercy. "You just make sure you save some of the fun for us other adventurers." Unable to hold back any longer she stepped forward and nuzzled her sister. "I'm going to miss you so much." She said in a quiet voice. "Please be safe. And you have to promise to come home whenever you can."

She-Ra of Etheria

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 am
User Image

Seeing his chance to go say his goodbye Olo glanced over at his sisters. "Remember what mother said." He had come home from the Shrine to see his Aunt off on her journey. As a foal he had spent a lot of time with Mercy and while Lapin and Poe had gotten to spend some time with her it was sadly being cut short by this trip. Olo of course knew of this trips importance but it didn't make saying goodbye any easier. "Come along Poe, Lapin." Moving over near where the others had gathered Olo looked up at his Aunt. He wasn't sure what to say. He glanced around at those gathered for a few moments and then sighed.

"I'm no good at this kind of thing." He admitted, though partially he was referring to how little he talked, even now. "I'll miss you. We all will." He wanted to say more, to let Mercy know how much she meant to him, but he just couldn't find the words. Instead he did what came naturally to him. And remained quiet, silently giving his support not only to Mercy but to all gathered around.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image

When the birth of their foals had kept them with the herd as honorary members Jarita had spent a bit of time with the mare before her and now she was more then a little bit sad to see her leaving. She did not wish to intrude on the family however and so merely offered Mercy a soft smile from where she stood with her family before nuzzling Eversong for comfort. It was always hard to say good-bye to friends and doing so now reminded her of Bangil the best friend she had to go and find again sometime soon.

Eversong nuzzled his mate back and like her did not wish to intrude on Mercy's family as they said good-bye. It had seemed like the right thing to do however to come and wish her well and so he gave her a nod of support and encouragement. He had not grown as close to the mare as his mate had - but he respected what she was going to do.

"Why is everyone sad mamma?" Kaliri asked as she stood tucked alongside her parents and watched th proceedings. She was to young to have known Mercy for all that long - or even to really understand what was happening but she'd come along anyways.

"Because Mercy is going away for a little while" Jarita explained to her daughter softly

"But she's going to come back right?" Kaliri stated with the logic of foals in her voice.

"Of course" Eversong told her "Family always comes back"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:08 am
User Image

Lapin had lingered back for a bit after the others moved forward. Normally so hyper the dark colored foal stood nearly stock still as she watched the others slowly bid their goodbyes to Aunt Mercy. If anyone didn't want Mercy to leave it was most definitely Lapin. She loved her Aunt so much and Mercy allowed her to do things that none of the others could, like riding on her back to pretend she was flying. Things would be so boring without her Aunt now. More herd members showed up, including the larger foals and their parents who were honorary members. All fo them were saying their goodbyes, willing to let Mercy go. Well Lapin wasn't!

Dashing out from her hiding spot near a bush she darted around the legs of the larger Soquili until she found herself at Mercy's feet. "Don't go!" She called out and unsure of how else to stop her Aunt from leaving she sat down right up against Mercy's leg and wrapped her own front legs around it. "I don't want you to go! Momma can't she stay?!" Lapin looked pleadingly not only to her mother, but to all who were gathered around. "Why does she have to go?!" Lapin began to sob, burying her face in Mercy's leg, clutching desperately to her with her front legs. Though mother had told them to not make a fuss and to keep their goodbyes short it appeared that Lapin could not do this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 am
User Image
Poe followed along at Olo's heels as he went forward to say good-bye to Aunt Mercy, like him however she didn't really know what to say to Mercy and so just stared up at her sadly and pressed herself into Olo's side, burying her face in his green mane before mumbling almost to quiet for anyone to even hear "Bye bye Aunt Mercy...."

She didn't look around to see what her sister was doing - because quite frankly she was pretty sure she would hear it well enough anyways. It wasn't like Lapin was going to be quiet or anything. Olo and Mother and everyone had told her that Mercy would come home to visit but POe was still quite sad to see her going away.

As predicted Lapin did not remain quiet..or well behaved and Poe pulled her face out of Olo's mane just long enough to see her sister wrapped about her Aunt Mercy's legs and bawling her eyes out. Not much could make Poe leave the quiet sidelines..but her sister was one thing that could and so she detached herself from Olo's side and crept forward and nuzzle her sister. "She'll come back and visit...won't you Aunt Mercy?" Poe told her sister before looking up at their Aunt with huge quavering foal eyes.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am
User Image

Fairbreeze had followed in silently behind his parents and sister. He barely knew the large mare who was leaving, but his parents thought it was important to say their goodbyes to her. He watched as Lapin broke down and clung to Mercy's leg and then little Poe offered her encouragement. Even though he knew little about the situation, other than Mercy was leaving to undergo some training, he felt the need to say something, something obvious as he was well known for.

Yet, the words failed to come to him. For the first time in his short life Fairbreeze was in fact speechless. Though he vowed to do what he could to help keep Lapin and Poe's mind off their leaving Aunt in the days to come. He glanced around for his brother, and hoped that he would keep his comments about the "little ones" to himself for the time being.

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 pm
TeepeeUser Image

Falcon, in fact, did not have anything to say about the Usdia today. He wasn't even seen in the collective body amassing to say good bye to Mercy! Where was the foal now?

Well, you see, Falconwing was a restless sort, and it was impossible to go about Little Meadow lands without hearing rumors of the mare's eventual sojourn. He'd heard she was going on an adventure and would come back to visit every once in a while, which for sure appealed to his own ambitions. Thus the colt had scoured the bushes for berries and sweet grass to take along with him, and a small piece of cloth to keep them in - he'd had to bribe a squirrel with a "flight lesson" to tie it closed for him, though the furry thing was dissatisfied with Falcon's performance and had left with a disgruntled chitter.

Nevertheless he remained ready to leave along with Mercy, having forced the knot over a sturdy stick so that it would hang that very morning. Taking his lunch, he crept to the gathered party from the side, trying his best to look unobtrusive as he slid into the bushes.

Hopefully no-one would notice the shock of black and blond in the middle of green.

(( How sneaky is he? Not very sneaky whatsoever. ))

medigel

Anxious Spirit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:34 am
Mercy wasn't certain what she had expected with this gathering - perhaps some nuzzles and words like 'take care' or 'come back soon'...and for the mast part that did seem to be what was happening and she returned the nuzzle of her father warmly "I know dad" She assured him - as if she had any doubt about the welcoming nature of her family. She knew they would always take her back...though she rather hoped that she wouldn't fail, that she would return to them something more then she was now.

"I'm glad I made it too" She told Syrrin with a slight laugh as he spoke of her self taught flying lessons "I knew I wouldn't crash into the cliff" She stated with slightly rolled eyes "Give me some credit here"

It was harder to say good-bye to Syn as she had probably been closer to her sister then to anyone else in the herd. Since Syn was putting on an obvious brave face and trying to keep the tone light Mercy did the same, blinking back the emotion that suddenly threatened to overwhelm her and teasing the other mare back "I'll try not to return with baskets too" Before lowering her head and nuzzling her sister in return "I'll be fine, Dad's set me up with a friend of his, nothing bad will happen" She assured her sister.

"I'll miss you too" She told Olo "But it won't be forever..and you have Whisper to keep you occupied up at that shrine" She told him firmly. It had taken a while for Olo to come out of his shell enough to find someone and they were perfect for one another. Perhaps when she returned he would have Baskets of his own to show her.

Noticing Jarita and Eversong in the background along with their foals..or two of them at least Mercy gave them a warm look. She would miss Jarita - the two had bonded in the time they had spent together. Any further thoughts on this however were interrupted as Lapin came running up and flung herself at her legs sobbing, followed quickly by her sister Poe. Sighing softly Mercy leaned down and nosed Lapin gently "Of course I'll come back" She told the two foals softly "And I'll be able to tell you all about the world outside the herd, maybe I"ll even be able to tell you about the place where the stream ends" She told Lapin - trying to get the foal to see things in a more positive light.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 am
As everyone else stepped forward to say good-bye - Chev had moved himself off to the side. It was hard to let go of his adopted daughter - but he was comforted by the knowledge that this was for her own good and she was going to be with Ironforge..of all the stallion in the world Cheveyo could think of no better stallion to protect her if he couldn't do it himself.

As he stood off to the side a flash of motion caught his attention and turning his head while everyone was being distracted by Lapin Chev noted the small form of Falcon slinking about the outskirts of the gathering and hiding in the bushes. Furrowing his brow he made his way over to stand beside the bushed "psst...whtcha doing in there?" He whispered to the foal in a conspiratorial tone.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 am
"I dunno" Syrrin responded as he thought back to all of Mercy's self taught lessons "I think you came pretty close a few times - really its a good thing that wind mare showed up to teach you" Of course a short time after that Jarita and Eversong had arrived so Syrrin thought it had probably just been a matter of time before Mercy had received her flying lessons.

In any case he was glad that no one had discovered the mare as a pile of goo at the bottom of the ravine one morning. "Just make us proud eh?" He added with a nudged of his hoof before stepping aside for his brother and younger siblings. "Stop making a scene Lapin..you know she's going to come back" He told her with a sigh. Really Lapin did tend to get a bit overly dramatic at times.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:35 am
At Mercy's mention of trying to not come back with baskets Syn cast her sister a look of mock horror. "You better not come back with any! Father will kill you! Besides even I'm not allowed to do that anymore!" Syn turned to look at the others gathering around saying their goodbyes, it was a solemn affair and so far they had managed to keep from crying. That was until Lapin came onto the scene. Syn knew her dark colored daughter felt a special bond with Mercy, just as how Poe migrated towards Olo, but she had not expected such a display for her hyper daughter. It was good to see Poe stepping forward to comfort her sister in this time and Syn stepped forward nuzzling them both as they got Mercy's word that she would indeed return.

"She will be back before you know it." She ensured her daughters, though honestly she wasn't sure how soon they would see Mercy again.

She-Ra of Etheria

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:36 am
Olo nuzzled Poe as she buried her face into his mane. He knew she didn't like it when he left to go to the shrine, so having Aunt Mercy go was going to be doubly hard. When Lapin finally made her appearance Olo's heart sank. He had been close to Mercy as a foal, even closer than he was with his brother at that point, so he knew she would be missing her terribly. Watching Poe step forward to comfort her sister brought a smile to his maw. But all too soon Syrrin was making a comment about Lapin making a scene. He would liked to have remained quiet but this was their sister he was talking to. "Show some respect Syrrin." He half whispered to his brother. "She is allowed to be upset, this is a big deal...especially to them." He motioned towards Lapin and Poe.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff