Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ironforge watched with a critical eye as Mercy circled around in front of him, the mare was trying in vain to follow his instructions and find a weak point in his defenses. Ironforge was purposefully offering these openings once in a random while as they sparred. He was pleased to see that she often times spotted them but reacted too quickly or second guessed herself.

"No!" He told her in exasperation as she half started forward only to pause and rethink and pull back "If you are going to attack then you must be willing to commit to it fully, this does not mean that you should not be adaptable in that attack but you can't second guess yourself before you even begin..your attack was valid and right..you must learn to have confidence in yourself or your enemies will forever take advantage of you and prevail" The shaggy stallion prevailed upon the alicorn. Hoping that this time ..she would understand. He watched as she paced around him again..and then...paused, scenting the air with warily flicking ears...had he heard something in the woods? The stallion half turned his head to see.

"Now again!"

Mercy was hot..and tired, she had been attempting to slip past Ironforge's guard and 'rescue' the wopletinger Prospector behind him for the better part of the afternoon so far all to no avail. Several time's she thought she saw an opening..only to reconsider a few moments later and pull back.

"Yes Master" She answered as Ironforge imparted on her some more of his wisdom. It was harder then he made it sound! It really was...perhaps especially because she knew the stallion could easily beat her. It was true what he said - she truly did have no confidence in her abilities...at least not yet.

Focus Mercy..focus... She mentally told herself as she paced a half circle around the wary stallion. Waiting for just the right moment to attack..ah there! Yes he suddenly looked distracted as though he had heard something in the woods. Lowering her head she charged.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:55 pm
JetAlmeara

User Image

“Her footing is all wrong. No, no, no. This is horrible.”

Reepicheep ‘tsked’ here and there as he watched the mare and the stallion training in the near distance. “James you must come see this,” he whispered quietly to his friend whom was resting underneath the shade of a rather large oak. “You will learn from her mistakes. Look, look! You can see how exhausted she is from her stance and the way she’s ‘attacking’ that stallion! Horrible. Messy!” he shook his head.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit rude to be eavesdropping, my friend?” Finnegan chuckled as he looked to the little mouse. Reepicheep quickly shook his head as he looked to the stallion. “Of course not! I was just trying to merely see if they needed some assistance,” he said. Finnegan chuckled again as he stood up and stretched out his limbs. “Is that so?” he tossed his head back before gently leaning his armor against the trunk. “Well, in that case…” James paused.

“What? What case? Hey! Where are you going?” Reepicheep blurted as his companion made his way out from the brush towards the other stallion and mare.

“Saying hello,” Finnegan said in a hush voice.
“But that’s being rude! Anyone can see that they’re busy!” Reepicheep called out as he followed out after Finnegan and then crawled his head up onto his friend’s back. “Well you said that she looks tired. So if we say hello, she can take a break” James grinned. Reepicheep sighed and rolled his eyes as he scurried up in between Finnegan’s auds.

“Hello there,” Finnegan called out to the two Soquilis with a warming, gentle smile.

II Paradox II

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 am
II Paradox II

He had taken his eyes off of Mercy and for once the mare had actually committed herself to attacking, she hadn't hesitated..not one bit and perhaps if he had been an enemy or someone less skilled that would have been enough. As it was Ironforge was capable of turning her charge aside, parrying her horn with his sideways knock of his own. "Good" He told her quietly "Much better" But they had visitors and the majority of his attention was now turned upon them.

"Enough for now" He told Mercy as he turned away from her, Prospector had already turned to give the newcomers a surly ill tempered look but Ironforge ignored his sometimes cranky companion, to give the stallion and the mouse between his ears a welcoming dip of the head.

"Greetings Traveler, I am Ironforge - are you in need of direction?" Those passing by the herd were often lost, or so Ironforge had observed. It was not unusual to find lost or misdirected Soquili wandering past - and while he was watching the strangers approach he would offer assistance until they proved to be anything other then innocent.

Mercy had thought she'd done well..more then well and although a rare bit of approval had slipped into Ironforge's otherwise gruff tone she was still a little bit disappointed that he had been able to turn her aside so easily. Her disappointment was forgotten however when she belatedly realized the reason for Ironforge's turn of attention.

They had visitors and why was that a cute little mouse on top of his head? It was! How utterly adorable..certainly he seemed cuter then the ill tempered Prospector tended to be. Mercy tried to slip around Ironforge to get a better look but found herself stopped by a look from her shaggy mentor. Sure she could run up and introduce herself like she typically did..but Ironforge would no doubt chew her out for it later on...the white stallion was always advising her she needed to be more cautious when meeting strangers. Friendly sure..but safe as well.

It was an alien notion to the mare however - that strangers could be dangerous, Ironforge had told her that she had been to sheltered in her happy life with her father's herd - but to be honest since she had been here training she had yet to meet anyone even remotely dangerous either. She was pretty sure the shaggy stallion was just being paranoid. Still...she didn't want to get another lecture on the subject and so she just gave the stallion a dazzling look. "Welcome! I'm Mercy, That mouse is adorably cute!."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:53 pm
JetAlmeara

“Cute? Cute! Did you hear what she called me? Adorably cute is what she said,” Reepicheep exclaimed with a deep breath. “The nerve of that mare,” he rolled his eyes a flicked his skinny tail. Reepicheep crossed his little paws and shook his head, “I think we’ve been here long enough. And to think that I was going to give her some pointers,” he scoffed all the while Finnegan was chuckling quietly at his friend. “A knight is not cute, adorable, or anything of that sort. Honorable and chivalrous make better words,” the little mouse said with a paw placed on the hilt of his sword.

“Calm down, my friend. I highly doubt she knows your name,” Finnegan said in a hush-tone as they made their way closer to the mare and stallion. “And what’s THAT supposed to mean?” Reeicheep yipped out. Finnegan, sighing had shook his head and rolled his eyes and reassured his friend that he didn’t mean to insult him.

“No, no. We were just passing by,” Finnegan said as he stood in good distance. “My friend had taken interest in the training,” he said
“Aye!” Reepicheep said as he crawled his way down from the top of Finnegan’s head and stood in front of him on the ground. “Valiant Reepicheep and James here are your service,” he bowed with one hand on front of the hilt of his sword. Finnegan rolled his eyes with a sigh as he looked to the mouse, “please excuse my friend…he’s a bit modest,” he chuckled. “I’m sorry if we interrupted your training session. You see, Reep and myself are training as well…in a way, kinda…” Finnnegan started to say. “Would you mind if we watched a bit more? Though we don’t want you to feel as though we’re invading,” he said as he looked from Ironforge to Mercy, then back to Ironforge.

II Paradox II

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 am
II Paradox II

Ironforge inwardly sighed as Mercy - in typical Mercy fashion - gleefully introduced herself and wasn't content to just leave it at that. At least she hadn't attempted to squirm by him and prance right up to them, that was an improvement, maybe the mare was learning something after all.

Turning his attention back to the stallion and mouse before him, Ironforge inclined his head to the mouse. "All who mean no harm are welcome within these lands" He told the others. As long as they caused no trouble or posed no danger to his herd then Ironforge was, as always, willing to let them go about their business unhindered. Maybe passed through the lands as guests, some stayed for a while others merely crossed by without anything more then an introduction. Of course the mention of training caught his attention and he regarded the visitors before him with a more critical eye. The mouse had called them valiant and such a word generally meant good intentions, but it was always best to make sure. To often in the past his teachings had been used for things the shaggy stallion did not condone and while he had let it go in the past he was no longer willing to do so.

"Training? What is it you are training to be? I have no objection to letting you watch or even stay for further instruction if you so desire - as long as what you learn, if anything, will be used only in the defense of the good and the virtuous " He paused, letting his words sink in before continuing to deliver the warning he gave to anyone who asked for his assistance "Should it be found otherwise, then I would be forced to right my wrong in helping you - in a most unpleasant fashion. I do not wish to do so, merely want there to be an understanding between us."

"And by unpleasant he means hunt you down and kill you" Prospector added "Sir Ironforge is as true as his name is strong" The Wopletinger added with a look to Reepicheep, as though unwilling to let a mouse one up him. "Just so you know.."

"Prospector..." Ironforge warned in a low voice, cutting off whatever the little beast was going to say next "There is no need to throw around such comments." The stallion stated in a firm tone before looking back to his guests "I apologize for Prospector"

Mercy rolled her eyes slightly at Ironforge and Prospector. Really this whole 'We are of the light and must only teach others of the light' Speel was a bit much in her opinion. It wasn't that she didn't believe it...she did actually, with all of her heart. Never would she help someone evil or twisted, that wasn't the world she wanted to live in...but look at these two! If they were evil then she'd..she'd bite off her own tail!

"They seem perfectly nice!" She told Ironforge and Prospector before turning back to Finnegan. "James was it? It's a pleasure to meet you, I don't mind if you stay to watch, or participate however you want" She told him with a dazzling look in the hopes of softening her companions more stoic words. Why it might be more interesting to have someone else around for a change, instead of Kale and Ironforge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:59 pm
JetAlmeara

Finnegan looked from Ironforge and then to Mercy. Honestly, at first glance he never would’ve guessed this mare to be ‘knightly’ material as her personality and gestures were very giddy. Of course there wasn’t anything wrong with being quite friendly and it was probably one of her best features. Smiling nonetheless, he bowed his head before her and then turned to Ironforge. “To tell you the truth I’m not sure what we’re supposed to be doing training wise,” he told the stallion. “I’d like to practice my defensive maneuvers though,” he added. Finnegan was still a little bit clumsy here and there so he needed all the practice he could get. “Perhaps my friend and I could participate if it’s no trouble. And then we’ll be on our way,” he stepped forwards in hopes that Ironforge would agree. It had been a while since Finnegan and Reepicheep had spent time training with others. This would be quite the treat for them both. “Let me just gather my armor. It’s just over there,” he glanced over his shoulder to a couple fairly large bushes. It was also the same spot where he had come out from to introduce himself to the mare and stallion.

With that, Finnegan bowed his head and then turned to get what he needed. Reepicheep quickly followed and crawled his way up his friend’s back leg and then comfortably sat down on Finnegan’s back. “Pleasant aren’t they?” he said, glancing over his shoulder at the little trio—especially in the direction of Prospector. “I don’t think this is a good idea. I think we should just watch or leave. Perhaps just leave,” he said. “I got a tingle in my tail,” Reepicheep turned to Finnegan. “Come on. We’ll only stay for a little while. Won’t be long, I promise.” Finnegan gave his little companion a reassuring smile before picking up his saddle. Reepicheep crawled up in between Finnegan’s ears as the stallion tossed his saddle on his back and then picked up his armor.

Returning back in front of the mare and stallion, he dropped the armor and exchanged looks to them. “Well? What do you say?” he smiled in a challenging sort of way.

II Paradox II

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 am
II Paradox II

While Prospector sulked at the chastisement, Ironforge dipped his head in agreement to the other stallions comment. "It will be good for my student to train alongside someone she doesn't know..teaches her to expect the unexpected." Ironforge remarked before waiting patiently for the other stallion to collect his armor and giving it a once over with a critical eye. "It is in good condition, that alone tell's me something of your merits." He told Finnegan with an approving tone. Those who took good care of their equipment were often good responsible types..or vain...but he had yet to see anything of that nature in the stranger.

"Defensive skills?" Ironforge commented "Very well..Mercy needs to work on her attacks - so this will be a good session for the both of you. When you are ready we shall begin" He told the other stallion, backing off a few paces so that he could watch while motioning for Mercy to take her position. There was very little tips he could give the stallion just yet - he would need to watch a round or two in order to get a better idea of his skill level and the area's he might need improvement.

"Oh that is lovely armor!" Mercy commented as she looked at the stallions gear. She herself did not yet have armor..but neither did Kale and he seemed to do alright, still she had thought perhaps she would look for some some day and the sight of this stallions merely cemented that desire within her mind. When Ironforge proposed a spar between the two of them Mercy's cheeks warmed a little bit, she had only been in training for a short time - surely this stallion, who already had armor, was a great deal more skilled then she was. Of course she didn't want to embarrass either Ironforge or herself so she figured she had better put her best hoof forward. As the shaggy stallion stepped back Mercy gave Finnegan another warm look. "He's gruff..but he's a good stallion" She assured both steed and mouse.

Backing up a few paces Mercy, stretched her wings slightly and waited for the stallion to say he was ready. As she waited she began to run through the differant attacks she had learned in an effort to figure out which one to use.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:32 pm
JetAlmeara

Reepicheep blinked as he scurried ahead and looked to Ironforge. “He’s to attack her?” his mouth dropped as he looked from the shaggy stallion to the mare. “She’s a female and while yes, I’d have to agree she needs some training…but even still, she’s a noble female at that! Why should Finnegan attack her?” he squeaked. “I’d have to disagree. Very much so even if it’s training,” Reepicheep placed his paw upon the hilt of his sword. “I’m sorry Sir Ironforge and My Lady Mercy, but we must be going. Come along James. It’s time we headed out,” the mouse bowed his head and then scurried off to his companion.

“Reepicheep,” Finnegan groaned while rolling his eyes. “It’s just training—defensive training at that. She’ll be attacking me,” he reminded his friend.

“With every defensive maneuver there’s an offensive. You can’t hurt her,” Reepicheep pointed out with a quick glance to Mercy. “And I won’t be hurting her. You’re the one that keeps going on about how much training we must do,” Finnegan said. “And now when the chances arises you cower,” he said. Reepicheep’s eyes went wide as he looked up to the stallion. “I am not a coward! There’s no such thing as a knightly coward!” the little mouse hissed. “Well then knight up because I’m not going anywhere,” Finnegan said matter-of-factly. The little mouse groaned and knew that no argument would take place so he sulked off to the sidelines near Finnegan’s armor and crossed his little arms.

“Excuse my friend. Him and I will discuss sexism later,” Finnegan chuckled. Tossing his head back, he exchanged weight evenly on his hooves. “I’m ready whenever you are Mercy,” Finnegan said with a determined but yet friendly smile.  

II Paradox II

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:37 am
II Paradox II

Ironforge lowered his head and narrowed his eyes at the little mouse as he spoke, listening with what seemed to be long suffering patience as the little beast went on it's rant and then scurried away. Pulling his head up Ironforge snorted slightly. "She is not a Noble..she is a Knight in training much like your friend James here" He told the mouse "I am certain that you would not wish to deny her the chance to improve her skills." When Finnegan threw in his two cents and the mouse clearly figured out that he had lost this particular argument, going to sulk over by the sidelines, Ironforge turned his attention back to the matter at hand.

"Very well, Mercy..recall your training and choose your moment carefully...an attack that is telegraphed to your opponent is one that is twice as likely to be countered, you must choose and act before giving yourself away." He cautioned the mare before looking to Finnegan "And you, you will be looking for her to do just what I cautioned her not to, it is nearly impossible not to give some clue as to your intentions and learning to puzzle those clues out are imperative to a good defense, there can e many clues to someones intentions..sometimes they will look in the direction they are about to attack, sometimes it is as subtle as a shifting of weight.The tensing of some muscles"

"Finnegan won't hurt me and I do have to learn." Mercy assured the little mouse, somewhat taken by the fact that he had showed such concern for her safety. What a darling little creature! Of course with Ironforge's words she was forced to turn her attention back to the task at hand. Bobbing her head to show that she understood her mentors words Mercy focused on Finnegan - he was a large stallion, quite a bit larger then herself, but perhaps she could use that against him..was he as fast as she was? Eyeing him for a few moments she thought perhaps he wasn't and darted forward as though to strike a blow on his left, however as she did he eyes flicked towards his other side and sure enough her attack proved to be a feint, her charge changing course with a swiftness, fore hoof striking at his right shoulder, which had been her target all along.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:48 am
JetAlmeara

Reepicheep kept muttering about this and that as he crawled his way up onto Finnegan’s saddle that rested on the ground and took a little perch. Crossing his arms with a distasteful look on his face, as he looked to Finnegan and Mercy in a training combat.

Finnegan’s ears twitched as he could faintly hear his friend’s ramblings. He knew that Reepicheep didn’t like the idea, but honestly this in a way…was his idea. He had spied on Ironforge and Mercy, taken interest, but was too scared to confront them. That’s when Finnegan jumped in. Not to mention it was Reepicheep that kept going on about how much training they should do. With a snort and shake of his head, James looked to Mercy.

“Ooof!” he was taken quite aback from her pursuit and stuttered to the side. She was quick on her feet and there was no way he could match her speed no matter how hard he tried. With a chuckle, he shook the attack off. “Well done,” he smirked with a flick of his tail. He then lifted his head and took charge towards her, but instead of using a certain body part he decided to use his WHOLE body. His hooves loud against the earth as he leaped forward, putting most of his weight on his left side in full blow against to her shoulder.

As his body collided with her’s, he tried to place his forehoof in front of her’s to tangle. Mercy’s footing was her best advantage. She was fast—very fast, but Finnegan himself was a brute.  

II Paradox II

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 am
II Paradox II

Ironforge pursed his lips slightly as Mercy's attack connected. "Watch her eyes" He called out to the brown stallion "She hinted at what she was going to do before she did it, you must learn to see these subtle things, they will save you many injuries" He recommended with encouragement in his voice for the stallion. "And Mercy...stop doing it" He added with a nod at his student..of course that sort of thing came with time, as one grew more confident in themselves they no longer felt the need to double check a location or prepare so far in advance of the actual attack.

And then the stallion was darting forward in an attack that was both powerful and tricky. Ironforge remained silent to see how Mercy would react..it was just this sort of unpredictable moves that she had to learn about, and he had no doubt that she would benefit from this as much as the brown stallion did..provided of course the mouse didn't throw a fit and demand they stop the first time she stumbled. To occupy the mouse Ironforge motioned Prospector towards him and though the winged rabbit gave him a surly look he none the less hopped over.

"Reepicheep is it?" He asked in an attempt to make small talk. "So how long have you been with your friend there?"

Mercy was so very pleased with herself when her attack hit and the stallion gave her a bit of praise, she felt her cheeks warming slightly as she mumbled a reply "Thank you" - well he was a very handsome stallion. Of course with such other thoughts on her mind Mercy had momentarily forgotten to pay attention to what said handsome stallion was actually doing and before she knew it he was charging straight at her. Yelping a bit in surprise she tried to wheel out of the way but his foot tangling with her and her late reaction made that all but impossible and his strike all but bowled her over, only a quick flap of her wings allowing her to keep her balance at all.

Not one to be caught slouching twice Mercy immediately got her feet back under her and with a chipper "I'm Alright!" She was back in the fray, a subtle shift of weight giving brief warning before she darted around to the stallions side and whirled to let fly with both back hooves hoping to drum him a good on in the ribs before he could react.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 am
JetAlmeara

Finnegan smirked as his strategy had thrown Mercy off balance for only a brief moment. She was indeed fast on her feet and quite smart—taking in the advice that Ironforge was telling them both. With a quic glance to the shaggy stallion, he nodded his head and then looked back to Mercy. Why hadn’t he noticed that glint in her eyes ‘telling’ him when and where she really would be attacking? He snorted and shook off his mistake. He tried his best to keep her in his grasp with her foreleg tangled with her own. There had to be a way to make her footing less…easier on her part. It was an advantage that she had over him, but Finnegan would not give in so easily.

His footing had slipped and the young mare stuttered back from the attack he had done onto her. His muscles sore a bit from the blow, but James wouldn’t cave him. It was attack like those that easily wore him out as he would put most of his strength and muscle power within the sides of his body and his hind legs.

A single gasp escaped from his vocals as he took notice of Mercy’s swift actions. He quickly darted, trying to avoid the collision of her hooves against his side. Though in attempt, he had made a foolish mistake of getting his own legs tangled up. With an embarrassing grimace he prepared to feel the pain as her hooves kicked into his side, right at his rib cage. And boy, did it hurt. Nickering out, he used the pain to fuel his energy and went to attack her once again.

Reepicheep, sitting on the sidelines looked at Finnegan and Mercy in training combat with a distasteful look. Finnegan looked horrible out there. In fact, he didn’t seem like himself. His battling techniques were awful. But Reepicheep didn’t say anything. He’d let Ironforge do all the critiquing.

His little ears flicked as Prospector joined him. “Hm? Aye, yes. It’s Reepicheep,” he said with a friendly smile and then turned towards the training again. “Finnegan and myself have been in travel for…well…not too long. I met him on one of my journeys,” he said. “Not sure how it happened, but there he was just standing in the path. And I knew---I knew he was the right companion for me,” he chuckled. “What about you? What’s Mercy and Ironforge’s story?” he asked with twitching whiskers.  

II Paradox II

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:03 pm
II Paradox II

"Better, much better" Ironforge spoke up as Finnegan noticed Mercy's intentions faster this time - although he still failed to counter well enough to avoid the blow. "You saw her intentions that time even if you got in your own way avoiding it. You must not be startled in the middle of a battle, even if something unexpected takes place you must keep your mind clear and focused." The shaggy stallion sensed that perhaps the brown was holding back somewhat, or at least not fighting up to his full potential...was he worried about hurting Mercy? Was fighting a mare that much of a distraction?

Ironforge snorted...battle were filled with distractions and one did not always have the luxury of choosing ones opponent. He would simply have to push through whatever was bothering him. "Step it up a bit, I want to see some real tactics taking place." He called out to both opponents.

Prospector's ears twitched a bit as the mouse responded. "Mercy is a new student, her father sent her here so that she could learn to take care of herself, he worried that she was too naive..I have a feeling that she has decided to stay on and become a true Knight however...Ironforge, well his story is quite a bit longer but I will give the brief version, I have been with him for many many years, he was once the General of a large Battalion, I was one of the scouts..but we were betrayed and he spent many years in the mountains under self exile coming to grips with the betrayal...he now devotes his time to training others so that they might go out and beat back the darkness he fears is taking hold of our world." He told the other softly, casting a look to see if Ironforge had heard as the shaggy stallion never liked speaking of his past..but he was far to busy watching the fight.

Mercy had not expected to land her strike and a look of surprise crossed her face as she felt her hooves hit their. Furrowing her brow she turned to see what the stallion was doing, hearing Ironforge's remarks to step things up she had the inkling that Finnegan had been taking it easy on her. Before she could prepare or react however the brown stallion was coming at her again.

Mercy tried in vain to guess what the stallion was going to go but alas there was no clue - it seemed that Finnegan was indeed better then her at this aspect of battling. Flaring her wings she swept them forward sending a wave of dust and small debris in the stallions direction as he charged in a vain attempt to distract him and give her time to avoid the coming attack.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:39 pm
JetAlmeara

Finnegan snorted with nostrils flaring as the debris had been dusted towards his direction by Mercy. That was quick thinking on her part trying to blind him, but a motive just like the one she had played had been done on him previous of coming across the trio. He grimaced and kept advancing towards her in full throttle. As he neared closer—very close to her, he reared up and embraced her body by throwing himself towards her so that his chest met her’s with both of his forelegs on either side of her body. He pushed, digging his hind hooves into the earth as he tried to collapse her body onto the ground. It was perhaps a dangerous move as one could easily bite since her head was now over his neck, though his own was over her’s and she could probably very easily dig her hooves into his underbelly. But Finnegan didn’t give up. He kept pushing, hoping that this maneuver would work.

Reepicheep snorted as he sat on edge and looked to Finnegan. That was a dangerous tactic—not the move itself, but that Mercy was much smaller than the stallion. His eyes darted to Mercy in hopes that she would play this move out well. “Ah, yes. That’s all very interesting,” he waved his paw to Prospector as though he hadn’t heard anything he said. “Wait,” his whiskers twitched as he looked to Prospector with wide, curious eyes. “Betrayed…exiled, what happened?” he asked, blinking. “And what darkness?” he yipped curiously.  

II Paradox II

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:05 am
II Paradox II

Ironforge watched as Mercy tried to slow the stallion down - no doubt attempting to think of a way to counter him, she thought to much Mercy... but action without through was something that came with experience and Mercy was still somewhat lacking in that department. Compared to what she had been when she first arrived however..well she was miles from that point. Her maneuver with the wings had been smart and while it might have slowed down a few opponents Finnegan proved not to be one of them, powering through the cloud of debris and slamming into Mercy before she could blink.

Ironforge pursed his lips slightly but remained silent, allowing the combatants to sort this out themselves. Finnegan's move might be effective but it left him woefully open to further attacks, as long as Mercy realized this and responded in any case.

With another glance at Ironforge to make sure the stallion was still enthralled in the training match Prospector sidled a bit closer to Reepicheep and answered in a low conspiratorial whisper "Well you see, we were sent out on a mission to take back and hold a mountain pass...all seemed quite well when we got there and Ironforge led his troops into battle with the information we had gathered..but it was all a dreadful trap, The troops were wiped out, Ironforge was taken captive and of the scouts only I survived the trek home to report what had happened. Once I arrived I found out the truth - Ironforge and his troops had been sold out, sacrificed by our ruler as a distraction so that she might move her forces, it was a failure all the way around, We lost Ironforge and his troops, the enemy noticed the other forces movement and ultimately our Queen surrendered. Ironforge was released by the enemy in trade for several of our Prisoners of War and returned home to hear what had happened. He was furious - that his people had been thrown away for such a tactically stupid move and so he vowed to never again use his skills for the petty desires of others..and left. He spent many years in the mountains, trying to ignore the problems of the world and yet every now and again we would run across someone in need of help and Ironforge would cave..he simply can't help but follow his code of honor and do what is right..eventually he was convinced to leave the mountains and return to where he can do some good..but now he does it on his own terms. Have you not in your travels noticed the touch of darkness? Evil Tyrants..bloodthirsty skinwalkers and Kalona or vicious types taking advantage of the weak and the helpless? It is terrible and without those of us willing to take a stand it would surely take over."

It only took a few moments for Mercy to realize that her attempt to distract the stallion wasn't going to work and Finnegan's form continued to come at her through the cloud of dust and debris with barely a slowed stride. With no time to react further Mercy rose up to meet the rearing stallion, digging her hind hooves into the ground as she tried to withstand the stallions weight. Her hocks trembled with the effort and it soon became apparent that she wasn't going to be able to do so. As she realized this Mercy knew that she would eventually fall unless she forced Finnegan to back off on his own. Certainly there was no way she was going to drive him back with mere brute force of her own.

But she had one weapon that the stallion did not and pulling her head back she place the tip if her horn against the side of his neck. "If I fall.." She told him breathlessly "You will stab yourself when you come down after me.."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff