Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:29 am
User Image

Chev had been watching over Mercy ever since her basket had so mysteriously shown up on the edge of his herds homelands. He had never told her about the splash of blood he found nearby..had never confessed to her that her mother and likely her father had been killed somehow. there had never seemed to be a need and in any case, despite her larger size, Mercy had never shown much of an interest in her biological family, she seemed content to spend her time with the herd.

But time changes many things and as Cheveyo watched Mercy grow he also watched her mature - oh she was still the same sweet mare she had always been...but he had noticed a change in the mare, a longing or perhaps even a calling to be something more. Chev couldn't really blame her - she knew she was loved and she clearly loved the herd in return but it was hard to be different, to wonder..and perhaps to long for something that the usdia simply couldn't help her find.

chev was not prepared to let his adoptive daughter wander off into the void without any sort of help however, nor could he afford to send on of the more worldly members of his herd with her...not with Syn's latest children still so very young. - but the little stallion had other friends out in the world and as he became increasingly aware that Mercy would soon strike out on her own Chev became convinced it was in her best interest that he send her in the right direction first. With this though in mind he had summoned her to a small grove so that he could speak with her..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:35 am
User Image
It was not entirely unusual for her father to summon her in for a talk - really she had been subjected to quite a few of them in her life - though it was somewhat unusual to be summoned without given much of a reason - and try as she might Mercy couldn't think of any reason. So far as she knew she hadn't done anything to irritate him or another member of the herd lately.

She hadn't even frightened anyone with her flight practices - not since Camaria had come along and helped her out. Of course since Syn's foals had been born there had been precious little time for anyone to spend with anyone else as the foals took up everyones time so perhaps he just wanted to catch up? Mercy hoped so - she did not want to have caused some trouble she was not aware of.

Of course if she was in trouble then it was likely wise not to tarry to long but to arrive at the meeting point in good time and so the tan and pink mare picked up her pace, trotting quickly towards the small grove Chev had summoned her to. As she drew near she saw him already waiting for her and whickered a happy greeting as she drew to a halt. "Father!"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 am
Chev sent his adopted a warm look as she arrived "Mercy, I'm glad you came" He told her, stepping forward and stretching his neck up to nuzzle her affectionately. Some fathers might find it a bit disconcerting to have a daughter who was so very different from the rest of the family, but Chev simply saw Mercy difference as another facet of her beauty and even those herd members which had been dubious bout his decision to keep and raise her as his own had grown to love the mare - it was hard not too when she possessed such a wonderful personality.

"We haven't had much time to talk lately and I had a few things I wanted to discuss with you" He told her as he moved back and motioned her into the sheltered grove with him where they might shelter a bit from the cool evening wind which was starting to blaw. It was going to be a cold night by the feel of it but the valley had escaped any of the more serious winter weather so far so Chev didn't think he could complain all that much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:50 am
Mercy returned her father's nuzzled with a soft one of her own, bending her neck downwards so he wouldn't have to stretch quite so far before following him back into the grove. "Of course I came" She told him in a cheery voice though inwardly she was little bit puzzled - he didn't seem angry with her so she was fairly certain that she hadn't done anything wrong but at the same time there was a somber air about Chev that she couldn't quite figure out. This did not seem to be the same type of talk that they normally had.

"It's to be expected" She assured the stallion in case his somber mood was caused by guilt - she was far to old to be jealous over attention given to young foals and she rather hoped he didn't think her that petty. "Syn's foals are still quite young and without the father I understand how much help she needs" She went on helpfully.

These foals especially perhaps..as they were so very.. different. Mercy did not mind their differences - how could she when she was so very different herself, but it had been rather surprising and not just to herself and Chev but as far as she could tell to Syn as well - apparently the father had not displayed such oddities. The foals were loved all the same of course but there had been some concerns from the other members of the herd and that had taken a bit of time to deal with.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:56 am
Chev laughed slightly at the mare's comments "As all foals do it's true - I"m sure that is something you will learn first hand once you find that special someone" And Cheveyo hoped and prayed that Mercy found someone who would stay - he had no regrets about Syn's foals of course but he had always hoped his daughters would find true love someday even as it eluded him.

"but I did not call you here for that" He told the mare in a more serious tone "I've noticed that your explorations have been taking you farther and farther from the herd now that you can fly - it does not take a smart creature to figure out that you desire to see more of the world then this valley" He told her with a slightly arched brow as thought daring her to try and say his comments were not true. "Nor is there anything wrong with that - it is a part of growing up this desire to explore and strike out on your own..but I am worried your life here has been sheltered to a large degree and this is partially my fault...and so while I know you are going to leave us I would like to send you first to an old friend of mine, someone who I think will give you the skills necessary to succeed in the outside world" It was not an easy thing for the stallion to say out loud..but it was necessary her knew and Mercy would be all the better for the help Ironforge and his ilk could give her.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:01 am
Mercy was about to comment on the foal thing - to tell him that he really needn't fear about such things because it was almost as though this talk was to warn her about the dangers of playing with stallions when the subject was abruptly switched on her and the mare was left blinking in shock.

"I'm not..I mean I wasn't going to.." and then she paused because before she could utter the words she realized that they were not true - he flight had been taking her further and further away and while she might not have fully admitted it to herself there was no accident in this. In her heart of hearts Mercy knew that she had been working up to leaving - and Chev had clearly noticed and came to the same conclusion. Still it hurt a bit to think of leaving for real - even as it was also exciting. Since she didn't want to burst into tears in front of her father she decided to focus on the excitement, she could always weep a bit in private if she really felt the need. "A... friend of yours?" She questioned almost hesitantly.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 am
Cheveyo waited patiently as Mercy worked things through before answering her last rather hesitant question - in order to help reassure her he gave her a warm look and a slight nod. It was hard to contemplate the thought of leaving home for the first time - Chev knew that - but it was also exciting. He would be sad to see her go...but held out the hope that she would return from time to time to visit. Given the mare's affection for her sister and the rest of the family as well as her typically kind nature he was pretty sure she would. That made doing this just a little bit easier. All chicldren grow up and leave home someday he told himself.

"Yes..his name is Ironforge, I met him a long time ago when I was looking for a safe place to raise Syn, he pointed me in this direction and we traveled together for a time. He is a very good stallion with much knowledge about the land and the way things work outside of our little herd. It is knowledge you will need if you truly want to venture out on your own"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:27 am
Despite her uncertainty about leaving Mercy couldn't help the slight flutter of excitement that coursed through her as her father spoke - this stallion sounded like he had so much to teach her..had seen so many things that she herself could only dream of seeing, at least until now and a small part of her wanted to leave right this very second.

Of course she wouldn't do any such thing - there were good-byes to make and plans to think over before any such journey could even start, if would be a shame to set this up only to become lost half way there! And she didn't want to leave without speaking with her sister and her children. "you..you think he will teach me?" She questioned her father after a few moments, suddenly somewhat worried - what if she made this journey only to be turned away at the end? It would be heartbreaking to return home without ever really doing anything.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:33 am
"I am not going to lie to you and say it will be easy" chev told Mercy as she voiced her worry "Ironforge can be a bit gruff at times - but he has a good heart and surely he will see that in your as well - you will have to work hard and dedicate yourself to what he can teach you but I have no worry about you, you always do your best" He assured her. Mercy might be a bit of a flake at times but she truly did try her best at anything she tried and she had a knack for not giving up no matter how hard things get - two attributes that chev knew Ironforge could appreciate.

Besides..he was pretty sure that the stallion would never turn away someone that he sent him, no matter how crazy the bubbly mare might drive the older stallion. In the end it would be good for mercy and that was the most important thing to Chev.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:45 am
Mercy nodded slightly as her father gave her a brief bit of insight about hos things were going to change shortly in her life - it would be sad to leave home and the carefree ways she had enjoyed up until now but she truly did wish to see the world and if her father thought that studying with Ironforge would give her the best opportunity to do so..well then she would certainly take his advice. He had never steered her wrong before and she didn't think he would start now.

"I understand" She told the little stallion who meant so much to her in heartfelt tone "And I won't let you down, I'll do my very best" She promised him bending her neck down to nuzzle the stallion lovingly. Of course she wouldn't be leaving right away - there were things to plan out and good-byes to say first, she could hardly leave without considering such things..but it would be soon nd she was sure that it would all but occupy her thoughts for the rest of her time spent here.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:12 am
Cheveyo embraced his daughter with a return nuzzle "I know you won't..and you'll always have a home here no matter what happens" He told her seriously - he wouldn't want her to think that she wouldn't be welcome back home just because she ended up not doing as well as he hoped with Ironforge, or because she found out that wandering the world wasn't something she wanted to do after all.

"And regardless I do hope you'll make sure to come back and visit from time to time" He added with a slight quirk of his brow - though he really didn't think that Mercy was the type to wander off and forget about her family the fatherly instincts in him made him want to remind her that he wanted her to return at least once in a while. "In any case...lets go and find your sister, I imagine you have a lot to talk to her about and I wouldn't mind a nice family night together."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:16 am
Mercy nodded vigorously as her father went on to make sure she knew she was always welcome back home - of course she knew that already but it seemed like something that he needed to say out loud to make himself feel better and if she were being truthful with herself then she would have to admit that it did make her feel a bit better to hear it said.

"Of course I'll come and visit" She assured him as they walked off in search of Syn and her children "I couldn't ever leave you guys behind forever" That would just be a horrible thing to do, she loved her family far to much to even contemplate such a thing - and really she was pretty sure that her family would hunt her down if she ever did disappear on them, they might be little in stature her family but they had big hearts - a fact Mercy herself was proof up, what family would willingly adopt someone so different if they didn't?

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas