[PRP] Growing Family (Synestra, Mercy & Cheveyo) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:32 pm
User Image

Synestra slowly trotted towards the small area her family called home. Normally when she returned from one of her longer trips away she hurried in to great everyone and tell them about her adventures. However this time she was quite hesitant to do so, which was very unlike her. Of course this was the first time she had found herself in this situation and while she didn't exactly regret it, Synestra couldn't help but worry what her father would say. It had only been one night, one storm filled night with that stallion and now, well actions had consequences didn't they? That night she hadn't been thinking about the consequences, just enjoying the company of a friendly stallion while they waited out the passing of the storm. He had shared stories with her, they had laugh and then...well things happened.

Bringing her hooves to a stop Synestra took a deep breath, she hoped to run into her sister first. Well Mercy wasn't exactly her sister, but they had been raised together and Synestra couldn't think to call her anything but that. As long as Mercy was here then she would feel confident enough to tell father. "Mercy." She called out as she began to walk again. "I'm home." Oh please let her be here. If she wasn't and father answered instead Synestra was certain she would turn and run as fast as she could. The last thing she wanted was to be a disappointment to him, Synestra looked up to her father so much it would kill her to see him upset with her.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:17 pm
User Image Mercy had been rather lonely since her older sister went off again on one of her trips, she might have gone with her but well...father was still loathe to let her wander so far 'Mercy' He would say 'you just haven't learned the ways of the world yet.'Mercy wasn't entirely sure what he meant by that - she was an adult after all. A new adult...but an adult all the same.

Of course she supposed it might be hard for them to see that, as far as they were concerned she'd always be the somewhat large adoptive foal they'd taken in, Synestra on the other hand was relegated to the role of 'big sister' and that lent itself allot more responsibility as far as they were concerned.

In any case this was hardly the time for such musings because unless Mercy missed her guess that was Synestra's voice calling out and overjoyed to hear it Mercy pranced towards the sound, lowering her head and giving her sister an enthusiastic nuzzle as she reached her "Oh. my. god. I have missed you soooo much" She squealed happily.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:24 pm
Relief flooded over her as Synestra saw her sister prancing towards her. Nickering softly Synestra returned the nuzzle with one of her own and laughed slightly. "I missed you too." She always did, and all she could do was hope that one day father would let Mercy come along with her. Though if he took the news today badly she herself may not be going anywhere anytime soon. "I'm sorry I was gone for so long, I had only planned to be away for a little while. But - " But what, what could she say exactly, she could have told the truth right then and there but it would be best to wait until father was here as well. "- I got a little distracted."

Distracted was a bit of an understatement. Oh she had been distracted that night, the small cave they had been in, the lovely stories, the fact that he was so friendly, it was just almost perfect. Sighing she gave her head a shake. "Did you do anything interesting while I was gone?" Not quite ready to confront the truth, or her father, she decided on a bit of idle chatter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:36 pm
Mercy tipped her head to regard her sister from above as she spoke. "Oh? A distraction you say/" Her eyes twinkled slightly as her sister hesitated. "Was it perchance a handsome distraction?"She teased, Synestra had always had a bit more of an eye for the boys then she herself did - although granted in a herd of usdia it was hard to find someone that fit her particular tastes. Which simply meant someone who could actually look her in the eye without craning their necks up - so that probably had something to do with it.

Of course as was typical of Mercy her attention switched as swiftly as Synestra changed topics and she gave her sister a guilty look "Nothing to terribly interesting, got yelled at for talking to a stranger passing by, made the herd guards pitch a fit by leaping off the ravine to practice fling - I don't know why they get so worked up..it's perfectly safe. Mostly"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:43 pm
Synestra could feel the heat rise in her cheeks at her sisters teasing. Boy that was right on wasn't it? Her distraction had been quite handsome. Averting her eyes Synestra answered in a quiet voice. "Yeah, you could say my distraction was a bit handsome." That got her thinking, would she be able to find him again? She hoped so, Synestra would want him to be a part of her life even if it was just as friends, foals needed both parents in their lives. Thinking about him made her blush even more and she gave her head a solid shake to clear those thoughts. Now was not the time to get distracted by such thoughts.

She smiled a bit as Mercy told her of what had happened, though anyone with half a wit could tell it was a bit forced. "Well they get worked up because it is a bit dangerous. Plus...none of us can fly, so if you get in trouble we can't help." Boy some days she wished she could fly, to experience the type of freedom one got by soaring through the air, avoiding all the annoying obstacles that often got in her way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:54 pm
For all her faults Mercy was at the very least a rather observant Soquili and her sisters reaction to both her teasing and her account of the adventures she had taken while she was off with this apparently handsome distraction did not go unnoticed. Of course observing that her sister was quiet and distracted was a far cry from actually knowing what was going on.

"I wish you could" Mercy told her sister with a slight sigh - she had a feeling she was a good deal behind others of her kind in the whole 'learning how to fly' department, it would have been so much easier to learn if even one of her adoptive family could also fly... and her father had even mentioned that unicorns could heal...though Mercy had yet to figure out how to go about that little skill.

In any case it wasn't her problems that she ought to be focusing on at the moment but whatever it was that was bothering her sister "Is everything alright Syn? You seem a bit...off' Was the best word that she could come up with of the top of her head.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm
"I wish I could too." There were a lot of things Synestra wished she could do, but either couldn't due to such things as lack of wings or just her size. She was determined enough to overcome almost any obstacle thrown in her path, but the one major restriction was that she was forever forced to stay on the ground. While it may have been a slightly depressing thought she didn't let it get her down for long. Plus she had other things to deal with, and Mercy's question reminded her of such.

With a sigh she shook her head. "No, not exactly. It's nothing bad though." She quickly reassured her sister, and it wasn't, Synestra had hoped for this one day, but had never expected it to happen like this. "There's something I need to tell you...father as well. Is he around?" If he wasn't, well then she would tell Mercy and ask her to keep it a secret until father was available. Plus it wasn't like she could hide this secret forever.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 pm
Mercy shuffled her wings slightly somewhat reassured by her sister's words - Syn rarely returned from one of her trips in anything but a good mood and she had been starting to get worried - just a little bit about whatever it was getting her down. Having been assured that the news wasn't bad Mercy's worry quickly dissolved into curiosity and she eyed her sister for a fer moment as though expecting this secret to just jump out and announce itself.

When Syn remained quiet however mercy was forced to decide she wasn't going to spill the good until father was around and she chewed on her lip a bit in thought "I saw him not to long ago - I think he said he was going to speak with one of the scouts about something or another, he should be back soon though"

User Image

"Who should be back soon?, Mercy? Who are you talking to over there?" Came a familiar voice from just down the pathway and only a few moments later Cheveyo appeared at a trot, clearly worried that mercy might be getting into some sort of trouble while he was out.

He blew out a breath of relief and joy to find that it was Syn she was talking to and beamed at his eldest - and only true blooded - daughter "Syn! your home - and about time too your sister here has been running everyone ragged" The stallion told her with a wink.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:21 pm
Nodding to Mercy's words Synestra nearly jumped when she heard her fathers voice. Telling Mercy was one thing, but telling father - that scared the crap out of her. Turning she smiled at her father as he came up to them. "I know, she was just telling me about her stint with jumping off the ravine." A slight laugh came from her, and she wished she could have seen that and the look on the guards faces. Perhaps she could in the future as she doubted she could keep up her constant adventuring and wandering for long. And so she was once again reminded of why she needed to talk to him.

Biting her lip in a moment of indecision of how best to break the news. There was the do it vaguely and see if they catch on way, the blurt it right out or the have them beat it out way. Best to just blurt it out. "So...I'm pregnant." She said in a somewhat quiet voice but through sheer will managed to keep her eyes locked with her fathers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 pm
Mercy rolled her eyes somewhat as her father spoke "It reeeally wasn't that big of a deal" She defended herself with a slight huff, she'd been careful and the ravine wasn't that deep...

But at least now father was here and she could find out whatever it was that had Syn all subdued....of course never in a million...no a hundred trillion... years would she have expected to hear the words that came out of her sisters mouth just then. Okay..maybe that was a bit of an overstatement, she'd always assumed that Syn would find a nice mate someday and settle down, have foals and do the whole family thing...but she hadn't expected it right now. "Are you SERIOUS?!?" She all but screeched with equine joy...Mercy loved foals, she would especially love the foals her sister would have, even if they were a bit unexpected. "Dad did you hear that?!? Dad! Isn't it great?!?"

Great...yes that wasn't exactly the word Chev would have used to describe the situation and he paused slightly to think about how best to handle it. Mercy seemed to have gone the over the top excited route - and he wouldn't have expected anything else from his large adoptive daughter but he himself was as predisposed to such a reaction.

Having baskets was no small thing - and certainly he had never seen his daughter hanging around with any of hte local stallions, well no he had..but not lately..and not to the extent that he would believe there was actually something going on. Perhaps he had been blind to it. "I see.." He finally managed to strangle out the words - though he wasn't so much angry - Syn was an adult - as shocked. "And...where might the father be?" Was his second question because if it was one of the herd stallions he'd probably have a less then nice talk with the boy when he finished things up here.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:50 pm
Mercy's reaction was exactly what Synestra had been expecting from the larger male and that excitement was quite contagious. A broad smile crossed her maw, yes it was great news. "Yes, I'm serious." She said with a chuckle. "Which means you're gonna be an aunt." But then when she looked at her father and took in his quiet reaction all of Synestra's joy faded away. He was mad, she was certain of it. Yet his words, they were not filled with anger as she had thought they would be, but with obvious shock and worry.

This was the question she didn't want to answer. "Well...he..." She glanced around, almost wishing that Orrin would magically appear out of no where to come and save her. But it was not to be, with a slight sigh she looked back to her father "...I don't know. I hope to find him again." Would she be able to? What if he wandered too far for her to find? She wanted him to know, to be involved but that may not be possible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:27 pm
"An aunt!" Mercy crowed "Imagine all the things I'll be able to teach them!" She continued on - oh sure she saw her fathers reaction as well as her sister did, but he wasn't yelling and as long as he didn't start yelling there was a chance that they could convince him that this wasn't something awful.

It wasn't awful, Mercy was sure of it! Unplanned maybe..but not awful and in any case she was sure that father would absolutely adore the foals once they arrived. He had too - they were foals..who didn't love foals? But she felt some need to help her sister out in this situation and pausing in her prancing gave her father a knowing look. "I'm sure he'll make sure to be around for the foals..." She told him with a glance at her sister for confirmation.

Chev glanced between his two daughters, one a beautiful combination of himself and his young love Burryna - the other a large and somewhat unconventional member of his family and herd and sighed at them both. "I see" He responded to Syn, he couldn't believe that she had been foolish enough to take up with a stallion she didn't even know she could find again - but he had been young once too and he recalled the trappings of youth. Honestly he didn't really know what to say in this situation..i seemed somewhat pointless to rage and get angry now, the deed had already been done...

But...well he just didn't know. After a few moments of silence he finally came up with something he thought was a decent..if not perfect...response. "I hope you can find him again as well Syn. A father should know his foals and foals are allot of work for one parent to take on alone..."

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 pm
Though she smiled at Mercy's continued excitement over the future foals Synestra couldn't help but notice how quiet her father was. The situation had been a surprise to her, so undoubtedly he too would need time to properly digest the news. But she nodded at Mercy's words. "Yes, I'm sure he will be here." Problem was, she had left after that one night so Orrin didn't exactly know he was to be a father, which meant finding him and telling him was all the more important.

This of course gave her a small idea, one which she hoped father would agree to. "I want him to know his foals, for them to know their father. I just...need to find him first, and let him know." She glanced over at Mercy for a moment and then back to her father. "Perhaps if Mercy came along I could find him sooner. And it would be good to have someone to travel with." Synestra figured that he wouldn't want her traveling alone now that she was pregnant and who better to bring along than her 'big' sister to protect her?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:05 pm
See? He still wasn't yelling - so far so good Mercy was thinking and things only got better when Syn suggested that she go along to look for the father. Her eyes brightened and she beamed at her sister before giving her father a hopeful look "Oh please..pleeeeese let me go" She practically begged him "I promise I won't get into any trouble and she'd right with two of us looking there was way..way bigger chance that we'll actually find him!" She insisted before looking with hardly veiled excitement between her father and her sister, she was practically dancing in place to be honest.

Chev sighed as he once more regarded his daughters, he didn't really want to send Syn out alone to look for this stallion but it wasn't like she could send out anyone else - no one but Syn knew what he looked like for one and secondly this sort of news was the type that ought to come from someone you knew - not some random messenger.

But Mercy was hardly the best guard either - I mean lets face it even hough she was an adult now as well she might as well still be a big foal - perhaps that was partially his own fault he'd sheltered her far to much and a stint out in the real world with Syn to look after her might do her some good. Someone had to go with Syn...

They had him, he knew it, they'd finally managed to come up with a situation where he couldn't refuse to let them go out on they're own together at long last and he gave them both a defeated sigh. "Alright..alright...you can both go however do please be careful, Syn I know you want to find this stallion but please do make sure you take care of yourself while you do - and make ure you can make it back here to have them, out in the wilds without the herds protection is no place for young foal to be born."

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:21 pm
Synestra shifted about on her hooves nervously as she awaited her fathers decision. There was a chance he would say no, he could send one of the herds guards with her instead or want to accompany her himself. She could always refuse to take anyone but Mercy, explain to him that it would be good to go out of the herd with someone who had the experience like she did of what life outside it's protection was like. But then, by either a miracle or realizing it was the only option, he agreed.

"Don't worry." She said and took a step forward to nuzzle her father as both a thank you and to reassure him. "I know I need to be back here in good time. I just, I need to at least try to find him first." She smiled and glanced over towards Mercy. "And I know Mercy will take good care of me, just like I will take care of her. Nothing bad will happen to us while we're gone." The sooner they left likely the better, but it had already been a long day and she wanted a good nights rest before they left to go searching. "We should probably head out in the morning." Then swiveled her head to look back at her father. "Unless you think I should wait a day or two first." Waiting, however, could prove the deciding factor of whether they could find Orrin or not.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff