Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Lunatic

55,190 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
Dear Artists and Developers....
1. Has the Malicious Ad I have complined about in the last 2 Ask the Admins been fixed??
2. I would love you people to stop making pink,red,blue or white double pigtails and try focusing on colors like orange or purple or green or something. I'd love some long double pigtails in the color purple or even a combo color of purple and black streaks. Take the hairstyle I have now....it is good,but it being longer would be better.
3. What is your obsession with crowns and tiaras??
4. PLEASE cut down on the Lite Fish in the Daily Chances and such. I have enough Lite Fish to choke 600 horses with.
Yes I know most of this is random,but so am I.

Moonlight Lover

19,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Champion 300
So many people asking questions xD

How are you guys doing on fixing outfit/nude glitches? Have some of the artists been looking into it lately?

Invisible Cat

Teh Savior
Any chance that we could make the <3 or </3 feature optional in some forums?

A high </3 count in the art shops forum could drive off potential customers for artists, and you shouldn't be able to </3 at all in the charity forum imo, because that's just rude.

Please this^ I would love it optional .

Kawaii Sentai

10,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Hi everyone! I was wondering if the gaia staff would ever decrease the amount of aquarium items they have in circulation? Like they were in the past? Thanks!
Also, who's had the most apple juice this week?
Edit: Crap, I was gonna add something here, but when I clicked on edit I forgot. Rats!

IRL Conventioneer

11,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
XDiamonds Arent ForeverX
Do you guys ever think of reconsidering who you partner up with in terms of Gaia Cash Offers? Because SponsorPay is quite honestly disappointing, they haven't replied to a file I had reported for days.

Were currently reviewing our offer companies.

Please pm me with what your issue was etc etc.

thanks!
biglanky14

I have a question.. Why can't I get G-Cash trough Wallie-cards anymore? You guys used to use the wallie-card system so people in Europe could get g-cash without having to give their bank account and all.. But I can't find it anymore.

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Are you planning on updating the guilds? If so, when?
Thank you so much. emotion_bigheart

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

Existential Existence
A lot of people have frustrations with the <3/</3 thread rating system. It's an effective system in SF because <3/</3 has an accepted premise of meaning "i (dis)like this idea", but everywhere else the rating system becomes ambiguous. Also a lot of people tend to perceive </3's/dislikes as social feedback rather than feedback about the threads people make themselves.

Over the past months complaints about the </3 system, or people wanting an option to disable </3 in their threads, have been constant:

2.9 days ago
7.1 days ago
2.3 weeks ago
2.7 months ago
2.8 months ago
3.7 months ago
4.7 months ago
7.3 months ago
10.9 months ago
15.3 months ago
16.5 months ago
16.9 months ago

I found these threads via using the search word "dislike" for thread titles...there are probably more out there.

The thing about the </3 system is that in SF it is particulary useful, so every time someone makes a thread about wanting </3 optional, of course the idea is going to get downvoted to hell, which I think gives passing staff the impression that people don't want it optional. But that's SF. That's not the rest of Gaia. The only time ya'll ever looked for feedback on the </3 system is when you guys made that one thread asking for input before the rating system was pushed out...additionally, that feedback thread was, of course, placed in SF...where a <3/</3 system is useful.

But other forums areas on Gaia have held complaints about how other users are abusing the </3 system as a way to harass others. A lot of times, </3 is used as a way to vent against topic creators if people do not like the topic creator as a person...not because they dislike the topic itself. This has created a rather negative experience for people who make/create topics around Gaia.

QUESTION: Is there any way to get devs/staff to re-evaluate this rating system, taking into consideration feedback from other forums, not just Site Feedback
(where in SF, </3 is particularly useful and even justified to have...everywhere else it is used rather crappily)?

The biggest suggestion going on out there is to make it an optional feature, where thread creators can opt in/opt out of allowing a thread rating to apply to their thread.

You guys may not know it but a sizable number your users are hypersensitive to social feedback/indicators social judgment. The </3 button is a real big issue when it comes to contributing to real anxiety for making new topics around Gaia. Not everyone wants to see this type of thing in their daily forum experience. Not even facebook has a dislike button, and they seem adamant that one will never come to their social network website. Youtube allows it's video-makers to disable liking/disliking.

The <3/</3 dynamic does not have the same premise or interpretation in any one forum or any one thread, except in SF where it's universally accepted to mean "agree/disagree" (in most cases). In some threads, such as quest threads, the </3 button is even useless and IMO is only used by people to hate on other people's quests.

According to what staff has said in the past, people wanted the dislike button. However, that assumption was made before <3/</3 was pushed out, and that assumption was made in a thread in SF where a dislike option is actually useful. Every time someone makes a complaint about the </3 button in SF, of course the thread is going to get a lot of </3's because in that forum the feature is actually useful/doing it's job. However, clearly, via the steady/constant complaint threads that pop up by users about the <3/</3 system, not everyone wants the dislike button.

Hi EE,

I <3 the suggestion!

Ok, I'll have to check around b/c there's probably reasons behind the way it's coded right now, but that's definitely worth us discussing. Thanks!

Zeren the Morph's Comrade

Salty Phantom

I reported this a few days ago in the bugs forum and nothings been fixed Dx

the item icons no longer close out the item anymore on the second click
this is frustrating during regular dress up because the little "x" is small and sometimes hard to click
but now i just realized that when you use the inventory search, items that are one pose are now impossible to un-equip. You have to get naked in order to take them off

can something please be done about this?

8,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Is there ever going to be some kind of group or something that will monitor the hangouts to make sure no bullying or anything is going on? I mean, reporting is one way, but it really doesn't do anything half the time.
Hello Lanzer and Gaia Staff/Admin!

My question is quite simple - I was just wondering if any updates to the Guild system were going to be planned for the near future. 3nodding

As a side note, re: the Marketplace "preview" feature, it still glitches out when I click the "preview this item only" button, leaving only a box with a little red x. But, as soon as I click the item pose I want to see, my avatar appears with only the previewed item. So for me it's not a huge deal, just a minor detail I thought I'd point out because I saw other users commenting on it in this thread.

Thank you all for the very hard work you guys do. heart I remember my mod days from a few years ago and I know you guys have your plates full.

Benevolent Gaian

17,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Can you give me all the gold on Gaia? ( O w O )

Hallowed Fox

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Battle: KO 200
carbonphyber
Crystal Sparda
╔════════════════════════════════════╗

4. Carbon said that the Marketplace Preview feature was fixed.
I beg to differ. I see no difference between two days ago and today.
Many other users in the bugs forum agree.
PLZ FIX 4 REAL THIS TIME?

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
It's partially fixed.
I'm still working on fixing it 4 REALs this time. I also have 2-3 other preview-related bugs on my plate after the Marketplace bug is fixed.
Should be 1-2 days.

Not even gold and silver can

sorry to quote you like this but since your working on the mp previews i am sure somebody told you about the item preview glitch with rosamund's revenge the arms arent showing up when you go to another item on mp and preview it.

break the two of us...

Holy Slayer's Significant Otter

Skilled Rogue

Are you going to add more Jigsaw puzzles anytime soon? Not that it's absolutely necessary or anything, I still enjoy playing the old ones. 3nodding

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
biglanky14
Hi everyone,

We have a few updates on some topics that have come up in the last few ATAs.

Alchemy
This isn't necessarily a major update, but we wanted to let you know what we're working on. Details are still being kicked around, but we want to take some of the chance out of the process where we can, and give you guys an element of choice (such as with the Philosopher's Cache). Like I said, we're not totally there yet and we're not going to go to a "full choice" system (just to make sure I'm not setting crazy expectations), but we're working on some ideas here. Hopefully we'll have something for you to check out sooner rather than later.

zOMG
We're now working on the bug list we've prioritized, so you'll see some of them get fixed pretty shortly. We also are planning to recycle last year's Easter Event (yay!).

Ok, that's it for now....

Curse my eagerness to get my Post posted gonk

Thank you! Thank you!
A Million Times Thank You!!!! blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items