Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Humorist

Now...I like the idea of liking or disliking threads, I do. But could we at least have the option to not participate in our threads being judged? I personally don't care who likes or doesn't like a thread I've made, it's just distracting after a while.

I've seen people run around rating down threads just for the lulz, and it has a negative impact on some people more then on others, particularilly the newbies that don't know the ropes and think they've done something horrendous when they see that -1.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
The people who vote truthfully will always out rank the "trolls" who down rates for the lulz. And quite honestly I don't see why you want the voting thing remove from the threads you make just because your emotional constitution is fragile like a drinking glass made out of sugar. I down vote your thread because I don't agree and I find it terrible.

Hilarious Humorist

I never said remove it. I just don't see why we can't have the option to disable voting if we want to.

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
Yeah I agree with this wholeheartedly. Some trolls used countless mule accounts in order to down vote my pet shop. It now has 200+ negative votes and a -100 rating. This is causing much unwanted drama in the shop. Ever since this awful voting came about, Gaia has lost its sparkle for me.

Hilarious Humorist

Oh...wow I'm sorry to hear that D: That's terrible.

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
Yes I know. I do hope they let us users disable the voting if we so choose to. I wish they'd bring back the thumbs up/thumbs down. Think of all the wasted space on Gaia's servers that the trolls are using with their excessive mules in order to down vote threads.

Intellectual Sex Symbol

it is just a number it is not that big of a deal. It is an easy way for me to see as soon as I enter a thread if the thread is any good or not

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Hikarulawl
I down vote your thread because I don't agree and I find it terrible.

To add, it's either an all or nothing. You cant have a semi-system.

Hilarious Humorist

Yes it is just a number. It's not that big of a deal, but for some people it is. Some people would rather not be made aware if their thread sucks or not, there is nothing wrong with that nor should they be punished for it. In my honest opinion. Like Sirenz up there her shop is being effected on a business level because of a mass troll attack on her thread through a feature that is supposed to be for fun and harmless.

As for it being all in or nothing, I disagree. Take the Gaia bar for example. Some people didn't like the blue color and they fought for a color switcher, which they got because it was their right to have the option to customize. Being able to disable voting on a thread is just customizing. Some people just don't care for voting and if they want the option to not look at it they should have it. I think a semi-system would do this site some good, seeing as plenty of features are being abused.

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
Great post, Valachia. I sure hope the developers or admins read this thread.

Hilarious Humorist

Hehe thank you XD

Liberal Citizen

10,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Valachia Bernhard
Yes it is just a number. It's not that big of a deal, but for some people it is. Some people would rather not be made aware if their thread sucks or not, there is nothing wrong with that nor should they be punished for it. In my honest opinion. Like Sirenz up there her shop is being effected on a business level because of a mass troll attack on her thread through a feature that is supposed to be for fun and harmless.

As for it being all in or nothing, I disagree. Take the Gaia bar for example. Some people didn't like the blue color and they fought for a color switcher, which they got because it was their right to have the option to customize. Being able to disable voting on a thread is just customizing. Some people just don't care for voting and if they want the option to not look at it they should have it. I think a semi-system would do this site some good, seeing as plenty of features are being abused.

The customizing and voting is nowhere close to each other. The blue bar is something only you can see. The votes is something other people can see and allow people to judge how people feel about your thread.

You can't just disable something cause you don't like that people think your thread is crap. If your thread is crap hopefully you will see your scores and start making better threads.

Man-Hungry Gawker

11,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hunter 50
User Image
A poor ranking for your thread doesn't cause drama... people in the thread taking it too seriously cause the drama. :/

There is no reason in the world to let a ranking, created by strangers on the internet, bother you. At all. Ever. If I make a thread that gets a poor ranking it might make me take another look at said thread and figure out what it is that people don't like. Is it the idea itself? Did I not convey myself properly?

In all honesty, the responses in a thread are going to give you a better idea of how people like it. If you have a negative ranking but all the posts are positive and encouraging then the ranking should be unimportant.

If it bothers you that much, ignore it. It's a short scroll down and then it's gone.

I don't think the system needs to be changed at all. I've liked it since it's release mainly because it gives you a visible estimate of how many people like and dislike your thread.

Lover

10,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
I think just like everything, we should have the option to disable it on our account. To me, it's kind of useless, it's like that sparkling item bullshit. "Why is it there? I don't care!" So yeah, I totally agree with you, broman.

I'm not saying the rating is all retarded or anything, I'm just saying we should have the option not to view it.

Another thing, just curious here. Why should it matter in the first place what people think of our threads? So why is the system even there?

Hilarious Humorist

Thank you P3nis, you understand my reasoning for posting this. I don't see why everyone is going so crazy because some of us people would like to have an option to disable what ever the frell we want to on our own accounts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff