Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Is it in any way possible to opt-out of the like/dislike options? Or at least seeing them. I understand that it would be difficult to disable them per-post, but I would at least like the option of hiding them. I don't care about useless things like that, and all it does is clutter the screen and make for more scrolling for me to actually get to the posts-- a small annoyance, sure, but having to deal with a small annoyance all the time starts to make it a big annoyance.

Please consider adding an opt-out or disable feature for those of us who aren't interested in seeing that kind of thing.

Thank you.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I would also like an opt-out for this feature.

Dangerous Lover

7,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Millionaire 200

Questionable Conversationalist

Yeah. There is actually a way to not see them any more!

See that scrollbar on the right of your screen? Move your mouse over to it, click it and move it down to where the first post is. (It should be at the top of your screen then, the post I mean.)
Voila! It's gone!

Liberal Citizen

10,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Is it really hard to just... Not use it. A Opt-out isn't needed for everything on the planet.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Same here. The last thing I need to see is the vote count number and realize a thread is being deliberately attacked by trolls or users hating and their friends. Having me opt out from seeing this feature would be nice.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Liberal Citizen

10,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Same here. The last thing I need to see is the vote count number and realize a thread is being deliberately attacked by trolls or users hating and their friends. Having me opt out from seeing this feature would be nice.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

If your thread is good the likes are going to way outnumber the few trolls. If the topic is massively disliked, its not trolls its the topic.

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
It's not big of a feature to be used, seems more like a hassle to create the thing, then to look away from an inch of space taken up in the corner.
It's really just something that wasn't needed whatsoever. I'd appreciate an opt-out feature as well. Really, I don't understand why Gaia is trying to make everything a popularity contest of sorts. First, tipping posts and now this? No thank you Gaia.

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Bigt275316
Is it really hard to just... Not use it. A Opt-out isn't needed for everything on the planet.

haligonian

See that scrollbar on the right of your screen? Move your mouse over to it, click it and move it down to where the first post is. (It should be at the top of your screen then, the post I mean.)
Voila! It's gone!

Had you the reading comprehension or attention span to get through the entire original post, you'd notice that I mentioned that, yes, the small hassle of having to scroll past it every single time gets to be a large hassle after a while. I use a small laptop with a small resolution, and I know many others who use even smaller laptops and netbooks. No doubt there are many of them here on this site.

Not only is it a pain, but it's an eyesore as far as design goes and makes things more obnoxious to look at in general. There are far more fluid ways the feature could have been integrated.
Be realistic folks - how many times have you seen Gaia roll out an "opt-out" feature to their hot new addition?

If you really want to hide the "Like/Dislike" feature then download the Stylish extension (available for Firefox and Chrome) and set the "thread_like" ID to "display=none;". This will remove the entire Like Box whenever you view the thread.

Artemis
Bigt275316

haligonian

Voila! It's gone!

Had you the reading comprehension or attention span to get through the entire original post, you'd notice that I mentioned that, yes, the small hassle of having to scroll past it every single time gets to be a large hassle after a while. I use a small laptop with a small resolution, and I know many others who use even smaller laptops and netbooks. No doubt there are many of them here on this site.

Not only is it a pain, but it's an eyesore as far as design goes and makes things more obnoxious to look at in general. There are far more fluid ways the feature could have been integrated in genera.
Don't you have to scroll down anyways to see the rest of a thread?

Trash Vampire

Adblock the images? Bam, gone, no more problems. Was wrong on this. My bad, yo. (:
This feature has been around for years. They just tweaked it a bit. There's no point in having an opt-out for something that have people not only been okay with since 2007, but also something so easily ignored by scrolling down a bit.

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Cart Raider 100
haligonian
Artemis
Bigt275316

haligonian

Voila! It's gone!

Not only is it a pain, but it's an eyesore as far as design goes and makes things more obnoxious to look at in general. There are far more fluid ways the feature could have been integrated in genera.

Only if I intend to read the whole thread. A large majority of the time, I just want to read the top post to see what's going on. Again, like I said, for a single instance it's really only a small hassle, but when you have to keep doing it every time, it starts to stack up. Kind of like a person poking you-- once isn't so bad, but if they keep doing it, it gets really annoying.

Artemis
haligonian
Artemis
Bigt275316

haligonian

Voila! It's gone!

Only if I intend to read the whole thread. A large majority of the time, I just want to read the top post to see what's going on. Again, like I said, for a single instance it's really only a small hassle, but when you have to keep doing it every time, it starts to stack up. Kind of like a person poking you-- once isn't so bad, but if they keep doing it, it gets really annoying.

...So. Scrolling down a web page is a hassle. Because you don't like two buttons. So, because you don't like these two buttons and don't want to scroll down, you want Gaia to code an opt-out.

neutral
It sounds like you're just really lazy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas