Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gaian

This will be my third time at an AtA! I should try to prepare myself instead of scrambling my mind around.

1. Could we get more burgundy colored items? I love it with blues and creams. I was going to make a thread in SF about it.

2. Why does Seelie Order's dress look like a skirt and won't let us equip a top? ಠ____ಠ I'm not going to mention how it's not proportional at all I just did, but that's seriously bugging me.

3. What's the future of EIs? I really do have the feeling that with Pietro finished, and Owl-something or other and Timmy getting more evolutions, I fear EIs might become extinct.

I think that's it from me for this week, thank you all for your time if you read and answer. <3

Lady Vyolence's Partner

Anxious Conversationalist

10,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Generous 100
I'm always afraid that if someone is mean to me, and I'm mean back, that they'll report me and I'll get banned. Where do you draw the line?

Dapper Dabbler

Razumi Yazura
Hey, guys. Hope you're all doing well this fine evening.

(Thank you for fixing the AutoCash problem that many of us were having, by the way.)

I have some pretty big concerns and I know that it's a subject that you guys may not love to answer. It's about Alchemy. I thank Lanky for replying to me a bit about this, but I would still like to address this matter.

I have a very close friend that has been working on crafting the Aurora Kitten Star. I have helped her as much as I can to gather the components. Once they were all gathered to craft the soul crystal required to make the kitten, we thought the hard part was over.

We were sadly mistaken.

After the initial 9 failed attempts at crafting the kitten star, we thought "This is insane. This can't be right." I funded her to try more attempts, but it resulted in more fails. After 16 failed attempts at crafting the kitten, we've decided to stop. A total of 16 million gold going towards failed attempts was getting out of hand. My friend has spent a lot of RL money on Gaia Cash to try and make this kitten and still does not have the finished product. Several people have tried to help her with the crafting fee and it's still failing.

While I understand that success rate is low and fails happen, I feel that Alchemy's success rate should taper. The percentage of failure should decrease after every failed attempt. If not, there should be a point where the success rate changes a bit. Judging by what is happening to this particular formula, the success rate is static. It potentially can chain fail for a very long time. For a formula that requires 1 million each crafting attempt, this is absurd. Especially when the components were already hard to attain to begin with. I've had level 10 formulas crafted before with no fail rates, but had high success rate. Why is it that formulas with components that are easily attained have an easier success rate than formulas that have much harder attained components? That seems rather backwards to me.

While we do not expect to see the gold back and were prepared to see fails, a total of 16 times with no end product is concerning. It's alarming. The balancing of the success rate and how it functions needs to be adjusted.

We don't want her to try any more crafting attempts since it may cause her further stress if it continues to fail. At its current state, it's too upsetting to even look at.

Thanks Razumi. I am sorry to hear about this. I don't have any good answer for you, but having examples like this is good for us to know.

Quotable Prophet

evening, admins!
first of all; thanks for all the hard work you do around gaia.
it's appreciated, more than you know.

a few small questions!
how come only mods are being spotlighted lately in the avatar section?
i don't mind mods being in the spotlight, but why with such unimpressive avatars?

also, a lot of people have been very unhappy with the </3 voting option. many threads get a lot of votes down for no reason at all, and it can really touch a nerve when that happens. do you plan to listen to the users and removing the option to downvote, or the voting options completely?

there used to be a page where one could send an application to become a mod. i had it bookmarked on my old computer, but alas! it got lost. is that thread still around, or am i fishing in the dark?

thanks for your time!

Shirtless Lunatic

Lanzer
Hello everyone!

As fans of Adventure Time we had a blast with the Adventure Time event and it was great being able to chat with Pendleton Ward. Hope many of you enjoys the show and the event.

Welcome to this week's ATA!

Just Wondering...
Would you buy a T-Shirt that was originally used for brain surgery clean-up?

~T.Y.R

Invisible Player

biglanky14
Hi everyone,

zOMG
We're now working on the bug list we've prioritized, so you'll see some of them get fixed pretty shortly. We also are planning to recycle last year's Easter Event (yay!).

Ok, that's it for now....

Oh thank you! Egg hunting on zOMG is my favorite event on Gaia. heart

Aged Lunatic

15,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
Would the item team have any objection to doing one of the following for the next GS Item update?

- Expanding on the brown color palette with items.
- Making more small hand-held items not found in RIGs and not concerning just food.
- Focusing on an overall accessory update.

We don't have a lot of brown, and much of what we do does not go together, or with newer items with any cream/brown variant in them. And I would certainly love to see new hand-helds that aren't in RIGs or food, as well as a general accessory update.

Light_Skylar's Princess

Smitten Kitten

Dwarven Vow # 1

Since you've made an Adventure Time avatar items that actually look like Adventure Time things, is it possible that you will create more items, instead of the obvious spin offs and spoofs (like the Sailor Moon items or the Homestuck items)?

Let's all work together for a peaceful world.

Star Champion

another question
Cream and black marionette recolour.
DO IT. emotion_dowant

Also, will diedrich be a part of the April Fool's event?

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
wow... so many pages... @_@
Oh, also.
THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.
The ongoing necro-glitching issue, where users are somehow able to necro threads from 2004 without actually posting in those threads, and causing any posts after in those ancient thread to poof. That issue? Yeah, I have tried to ask a few mods about it and all I get is the normal "report and wait" response. Few months later, here we are, nothing has been done.

Anyone able to explain what's going on and maybe get some help?

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
I was wondering~ Is Gaia thinking of coming to western Canada for Real live event like a con?

Ei:
-Vancouver
-Edmonton
-Sasktoon
?
We're really close~!

Dangerous Gaian

8,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Animated RIG pets coming anytime soon?

Beloved Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
So does that mean there is one in development? Or is it still at the "idea" stage?

Panagrammic
An Android version of our Gaia app is definitely something that's been requested frequently, and we know that users are looking forward to it. There are some features which have special mobile versions to make it easier for all platforms (i.e., Forums Lite in Labs), which can help.

Mrs Blunder
Hello, admins. I've got a question, on behalf of myself and many other users:

Why is the Gaia Online App not available on the Android Market? You've made Monster Galaxy available to us, after all.

How likely is it that the app will be released to other markets, rather than just iTunes?

I've recently started a petition asking for it's release, because a search of threads hinted that the admins had no intention of releasing it to the Android Market without explicit interest. Is this true?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff