Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hello Gaians! I would like to input my feedback for the Like/Dislike buttons at the top of each forum thread.

I strongly think that if someone is about to dislike a thread, a message stating why they dislike the thread should pop up that they must be required to fill out before the thread gets a bad grade.

I know a couple nice art threads that keep getting dislikes, and the artists really wish that they could get the input from the dislike to improve upon their art, or their thread layout.

Even my quest thread got 2 dislikes today, and I don't see why someone would dislike a QUEST THREAD. It just doesn't make sense besides someone doesn't want the thread to be liked.

I think that a message should pop up that the OP can read to improve upon their thread, rather than just get a dislike. Positive feedback is always good. The OP should also be able to read the name, so they also know the person giving the feedback, in case someone just puts a message, "Ur gay" or something. Which could be reported to have the dislike removed. Because I just find it very unfair that a good thread gets negative votes from troll gaians. It's just not right.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Edit:

day dream2
So I think we should amend our original idea to:
Feedback for both Likes & Dislikes of a thread - to help a thread know what they're doing is good and what they could improve on, with it being anonymous, unless the user says otherwise.

Because feedback is important smile

day dream2
Okay so think think a few things need to be added to the first post of this thread:

1. Feedback option is OPTIONAL
2. Username shown is OPTIONAL
3. It would be for BOTH Likes/Dislikes
4. THIS ISN'T ABOUT TROLLING! JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO VOICE YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MAKE YOU A TROLL! PLEASE DON'T USE THIS THREAD JUST TO ARGUE THAT POINT! We all already know it!
5. The purpose of this idea is for feedback that applies to the thread, for the creator! In order to get better you must be told what you're doing wrong!
6. OF COURSE not everyone is going to like EVERYTHING, we don't expect everyone too.

RynoRhino's Secret Admirer

Obsessive Bear

Thank you for this!! heart I totally agree I'll need to make a link for this and post it in my Art Shop!

EDIT: sweatdrop okay so I think what made this so heated is the use of the word "troll"

I support this thread because I have my own art shop on here (and like many artists) I LOVE feedback on my art, shop, layout, etc. Be it good or bad!

The purpose of this is just to get feedback from the users/people who stopped by to visit and (hopefully) checked out the whole thread before voting one way or the other.

I don't consider people trolls because they voice their opinions (or don't voice their opinions) and such, and yes I know not everyone will like anything/everything I do, but feedback is important to a lot of things. (example: Gaia has a Site feedback forum) In order to improve we need to know what's good and what's bad.

Not saying to write a list of what makes a good thread or a bad thread, but having others' opinions about it would be nice.

So maybe just a little pop-up (like the quick-reply) when you go to like or dislike, just to add a few comments. No it wouldn't be required, and it could be anonymous.

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
day dream2
Thank you for this!! heart I totally agree I'll need to make a link for this and post it in my Art Shop!

smile Thank you!

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
Ugh. See what I mean? Troll Gaians disliking the thread. -__-;

Versatile Survivor

Definately agree- we have quite the trolling problem with it now a days.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Not this s**t again. Why is it always the problem with the dislike part of the voting system? No one ever complains about people anonymous liking their threads. No one ever complains when their thread received many likes and little posts. Get it through your mind that people vote according to their opinion of your thread. May it be your subject, your product, or even how you present your topic. Just because you are receiving down votes doesn't mean people have to tell you why. I don't see you making people who like threads need to post why they like it.

Invisible Cat

people will use it more for trolling.

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
Mazelina

They're even trolling my thread just by disliking it. That seriously irritates me. People need to grow up. -_-;
And to help with this, we could really use the extra step to disliking to help deter it. This is just ridiculous.

Obsessive Bear

The people who disliked proved what we're asking for.. they just dislike and leave. Feedback is the only way to help improve something (jeez no wonder why gaia has a feedback thread razz )

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hikarulawl
Not this s**t again. Why is it always the problem with the dislike part of the voting system? No one ever complains about people anonymous liking their threads. No one ever complains when their thread received many likes and little posts. Get it through your mind that people vote according to their opinion of your thread. May it be your subject, your product, or even how you present your topic. Just because you are receiving down votes doesn't mean people have to tell you why. I don't see you making people who like threads need to post why they like it.

Well if they like it, they are obviously doing something right within the thread, and probably shouldn't have to change much.
If someone DOESN'T like it, they can legitimately state what they don't like about the thread.

MrsrachaelSnape

Why do you think it would cause more trolling?

Assimilated Wolf

I disliked your thread. I am not a troll. If I wanted to post a reason why I don't like someone's thread I would post in their thread.

Versatile Survivor

Rhychu
Mazelina

They're even trolling my thread just by disliking it. That seriously irritates me. People need to grow up. -_-;
And to help with this, we could really use the extra step to disliking to help deter it. This is just ridiculous.

Exactlly! It wouldn't be exteremly difficult thing to impliment either!

The only problem I can forsee is with users knowing who disliked.Even if there was a real reason- you know drama can start. It's might be wise just to be able to report while a user's name is still hidden? Just have a report button lurking.

Obsessive Bear

Hikarulawl

Well I think it should work both ways, and thanks for the feedback.

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
Gundamu
I disliked your thread. I am not a troll. If I wanted to post a reason why I don't like someone's thread I would post in their thread.

Well, you're not helping the OP's improve your thread at all, which isn't very nice of you. You're not helping them make the thread better itself. Be proactive.

Intellectual Sex Symbol

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
Mazelina

Exactlly! It wouldn't be exteremly difficult thing to impliment either!

The only problem I can forsee is with users knowing who disliked.Even if there was a real reason- you know drama can start. It's might be wise just to be able to report while a user's name is still hidden? Just have a report button lurking.

That could work too. That wouldn't be hard to Gaia to implement either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff