Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
◈ FAQ _____ [Updated 12.28.15] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suhuba
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:18 am
Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any questions, please post them here and a staff member will respond as quickly as possible!

Note: Your post will simply be edited with the answer, in order for us to more easily keep track of which questions have been taken care of, and to more easily allow other people to find the answers to questions, should they have the same ones.

World

Hybrids!

Species Behavior / Culture
How do the various groups view sex and relationships?
What are the peculiarities of the governments of each tribe?
Do the Alkidike return to Chibale every year for a ritual? Do earthlings have the same thing?
Do the earthlings and the alkidikes have a written language?
Does the Alkidike ritual happen at a specific time?
Is it possible to have an orphaned Alkidike Youngling live with a mixed race male with Alkidike lineage?
Is being born from a lotus the only criteria to visit Aisha?
What are the marriage rituals for all the tribes?
Do same sex rituals differ from heterosexual relationships?
Are their rituals for surrogacy/donorship?
Are their customs/rituals for having children?
Do halfbreeds change the rituals at all?
What are the death customs of Tendaji?
When there is war, do people pay respects to the opponents' dead?
Who takes care of parentless lotus children?
How do Alkidike eyes work?
Does an Alkidike's vision go worse faster because of the light?
How good is a shifter's night vision?
How do earthling eyes age?
Are a lot of Alkidike elders visually impaired?
What are the roles of older Alkidike in their society?
What do Alkidike Mystics do in society?
How often are Alkidike Mystics born?
Can earthlings be infertile?
Are their earthling orphanages?
How does adoption work in Tendaji?
How would fire earthlings react to a Tendaji person?
Would a fire earthling be willing to teach an ice earthling fire magic?
Which areas of Tendaji are controlled by the fire earthlings?
Are fire earthling attacking by boat?
Can a character gain acceptance from the Obans by treating one of their own?
Do earthlings have different languages or accents?
What makes a family wealthy, middle class, or poor in Tendaji?
What are the races views on heaven and hell?
Can earthlings go to Chibale or visit Aisha?
What specific superstitions do the Yaeli have?
Would the Yaeli have a different dialect?
Are there any professions that would be unattainable to outsiders of the area?

Species Appearance

Obtaining a Character

Growing Your Characters
Can extra RPs that take place in one stage be used in another's requirements?
Do extra RPs have an alternative use besides growing?
Can extra RPs be used to edit weapon details?
Can non-battle class characters have weapons in their art?
Can artisan classes become writers?
Can a character switch classes?
Are classes like Xi'i Oracle, Courier, Spy, Strategist, and Inventor available?
Do youngling growths count against the two week rule?
From when does the timer start on growing younglings?
Can solos count for youngling growth?
Can a character be a sculptor and a jeweler?
Can characters write solos about their class?
Do RPs need to be completed before submitting for a growth request?
Are Alkidikes allowed to be Beast Tamers?
How do partial solos stack up exactly?
Do riders get to choose between spear, lance, or trident like the melee hunters?
Can younglings write solos for World Events and still use the versatile point?
What item is the best for adding beading to clothing?
Would gorogorum scales be able to be made into jewelry?
For stage 2 quested characters do reqs get rounded up or down?
When waiting for art for a growth can a character be RPed as their next stage?
Do you still have to buy items if you want a character's outfit to change but want to leave it CC?
Does Courier fall under personal title?
Is there a pirate class?
Is Alchemist available as a class?
Does Blacksmith or Tailor fall under Personal Title?
Can a character follow the Minstrel path but be a Poet instead?
Do battle prompt world events follow the same owner rules as normal RPs?
If two characters with the same owner did a world event together, how would it work if one is at their limit for same-owner RPs?
Can the Rider class use a trident?
When a character becomes a rider, so they only get one mount?
Can versatile points be used in a different stage from when they earn them?
Is there a way to get a kinfa after stage 2 and use it as a mount?
When can a character get a custom weapon?
Can an owner request a new quest prompt?
What is acceptable for Legendary traits?
Can I work on a growth quest even if I'm waiting for my cool down?
Can a character start their quest if they're still waiting on an RP to finish?
When does the timer to submit another growth actually start?

Activity

Breeding

Crafting

Battles
How do you purchase weapons?
How do you keep track of EXP?
If a magic user runs out of spells, can they use physical attacks?
Can a mage use low level defensive magic as well, even if they have a greater aptitude/ are going into an offensive magic class?
If I purchase a weapon from the shop, can I "re-skin" it to fit my character?
Are non-magic battle classes allowed to use magic?
Can players also play NPCs in battle?
Can a character "learn" a new spell through EXP?
What is the difference between each spell?
Do battles have to be between two people?
Can characters spectate/RP in battles?
Do non-battle classes have to make stats?
Can battle classes use daggers/throwing knives instead of their class weapon?
Can non-battle class characters battle with battle class characters to help them receive growth points?
Can Delayed Elemental Burst be effected by powering up?
Can battles be used as RP req points?
Do characters with disabilities like blindness have altered stats?
Can nonbattle classes use spells?
Can non-battle classes fight to earn EXP?
Can Alkidike use two handed swords?
What are the Scroll items from the Fairgrounds?
What are the books that scholars use?
Can NPCs participate in group/team battles?
Can other owners control NPCs to fight against a different owner?
Can shamans use beads instead of a staff?
Can Shaman use both offensive and defensive magics?
Is there info on what the spells do?
How does the Shaman class differ from the other two magic categories?
Will there be more weapon choices in the future?
Can a character use two health spells in one turn?
Are spell slots the same as a spell's uses?
Does the crit roll apply to retaliations?
Can you get a crit roll from a 20 in dmg?
Is the Opal Pebble item used for the entire battle or just one turn?

Beast Battles

Familiars

Roleplaying

Misc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:39 pm
I have some questions about the weapons:
They are bought with Gaiagold?
How do you keep track of EXP? What is it? Is it related to word count?

Answer

Weapons can either be purchased with Gaia gold or EXP.
EXP comes from battles. If you check out the Battle Arena, you'll find a lot more detailed information.
After a Battle ends, a Staff member will come by and let everyone know how much EXP they received. Staff Members will be keeping track in your journal's cert post.

The first weapons (received at Stage 2) are only available in exchange for Gaia Gold, since there is no way that a character has been able to receive EXP until that point.
Prices of weapons raise significantly after Stage 2 to encourage use of the battle system.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

RuddyPup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:25 pm
How do the various groups view sex and relationships? What are the views on homosexuality, polygamy, cheating and marriage throughout Tenadji?

Answer

Each group has its own set of religious and cultural beliefs (found in Species Info), but in general, polygamy and cheating would both be frowned upon. Loyalty is an important trait to have in societies that depend upon mutual, group support for survival, so marriage (although not given that name specifically) would be looked at as a life bond between two individuals. No group has ever (…yet?) come close enough to extinction to make fruitful child bearing more important than that loyalty.

As far as sexuality is concerned, individuals may choose to be with whomever they desire. Some Earthlings may be disappointed to see a same-sex couple, simply for the fact that the couple would be unable to produce children without the help of a surrogate or donor, but it is certainly neither a taboo nor unheard of. Especially amongst the Alkidikes, same-sex relationships are incredibly common (after all, there are no men around). With them, it is more of the opposite, where it is strange to see an Alkidike woman with a man… especially because that means he is at least half-some other species.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:32 am
Can fauna be kept outside their natural habitat? If someone wanted to import ( idk via blackmarket) a creature from one region to another could they? Or if you have a companion animal from one region but you end up settling in another will that be ok?

Answer

Yes.
Characters are not limited to Familiars from their native regions.
Any character may acquire any and all familiar(s) that he/she desires and may ICly attain them by whatever creative means you can come up with... be that through travel or, perhaps, "traveling black market salesmen."
Familiars can also be IC changed to better suit their environments (such as shaving down fur to survive heat, or covering up with blankets to survive cold).

ladyumbra

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:39 am
I've run up against this a few times while making Ruelash, so what are the peculiarities of the governments of each tribe?

Answer

I finally had the time to add this information to the Species Info page, so you can find all of those details here.

Please feel free to post again if that page raises more specific questions. ^^

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Another question for ya!

Silver and I were Rping and it sparked a question.
The alkidikes return to Chibale every year for a ritual, right? Will this be an annual metaplot thing?
If so, would it only be available to Alkidike characters/ Halfbreeds/ those they are close with?
IF SO would there be similar events at different times for each earthling species so they wouldn't be left out?

I ask because annual metaplots like that could be fun and great for plotting.

Answer

The Alkidike travel back to Chibale Island once a year. It is only available to the Alkidikes and possibly Half-breeds, depending on whether they were brought up as Alkidike children or earthling children. This event happens for a couple of weeks in the summer, around July.

And yes, Earthlings also have an event to celebrate their species though it is not as secretive as the Alkidikes or as exclusive. In the early summer, around May and June, the earthlings throw a celebration, or a series of celebrations depending on if more than one location is holding the event.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:47 pm
Quick question, just so I make sure I'm not making a huge mistake.
Are adoptables completely free?

Answer

Player made adoptables are free to obtain. Of course, they still need approval, so you should still make a Quest Thread for an adoptable.

Like with any "Quest Character", you won't automatically get art, so you would have to pay for a custom art slot, if you want to get art for your character. However, Quest Characters get discounts in custom art, since so much work is put into creating them.

Official adoptables do come with a price and is listed in the adoptables thread.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:50 pm
Do the earthlings and the alkidikes have a written language?

Answer

Theoretically: yes. All of the members of Tendaji speak the same common language and it does have a written form, though specifics of what it looks like have not been decided as of yet due to lack of necessity for it. The Alkidikes, being a completely different species as opposed to a different race, also have a separate language called the Language of the Trees which is the Alkidike native tongue.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

kaname423
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:23 am
If a magic user runs out of spells, can they use physical attacks?
(I'm anticipating this question in the future and addressing it now)

Answer

Yes, technically any magic user can use physical attacks to strike with but their bonus is so low its unlikely they would hit. It's the same is a non magic user suddenly wanting to use magic. But in desperate situations it may be necessary.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:29 pm
About the Lotus from Aisha. Does it have the ability to be taken back home with the mother? Or does it stay with Aisha until it blooms?

Answer

That is a good question. It would have to stay with Aisha, since Aisha would be feeding it nutrients till it was ready to bloom. So any parents would either have to stick around Aisha till it was ready, or if they were comfortable enough, they could leave it in Aisha's care and just come back when it was closer to ready.

Expecting earthling mothers would be expected to stay around their respective areas as well, due to the strain of travel on the baby.

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 am
As this question is more mechanics than world info, I'll include a world info question.

Dino and I were discussing breeding... for reasons... and we were wondering if babies from a pairing count against the character limit?

Answer

The only limitations to younglings is you may only have three as an owner at any given time and you have to make up for their slot before you can get a new character. So yes, they count against your character limit, but you do not need an open slot to breed.

>.>

That aside...

Are we allowed to make up random critters to fill out our stories? Like, names and things?
Since there are obviously more creatures in this vibrant world than the creatures mentioned in the beastiary.

Answer

Yes you can for the most part. Thought should be put into what would fit into the area, such as Jauhar being mostly large insect critters and Tale being smaller animals that would be able to cool themselves off easier. We're constantly working on updating our list of creatures but feel free to start creating your own for RPing purposes, and even submitting them to Suhuba if you think it would be a great addition as an official Tendaji animal.

And...

Can a mage use low level defensive magic as well, even if they have a greater aptitude/ are going into an offensive magic class?
Like... could Biroki use low-level healing?

Answer

Yes. Most definitely. Offensive magic classes can use up to level 2 defensive spells and vice versa.

Edit:
AND FINALLY

What other gods are we allowed to know about?

Answer

Well, the staff have talked long and hard about this now, but there are more gods to the people of Tendaji.

While the Alkidike only have Aisha and feel the earthlings' pantheon is silly and pointless among other things, the earthlings have an array of gods. The wind and Ice tribe have their patron deities Bergchi of the Mountains and Ault, the God of the Sun (Ault is mentioned in the Bringer of Fire lore). The Shifters patron god is Serin, Goddess of the Moon, and the Leaf earthlings are animist in nature. They believe that all things in nature have spirits and require respect.

Though, these are just patron Gods and Goddesses, those that they believe are most closely tied to their personal lives. There are also many other gods that govern things such as the rains, tides, forests, etc. and go by many names amongst the separate tribes. (Owners are allowed to embellish on this as is necessary for RPing)

Specifics can be found in the Species Info thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:47 pm
I seem to desire some more understanding about the Alkidikes ritual. Does this ONLY happen once a year? Do they all travel there at the exact same time? Or is this sporadic as long as they return within a years time?

Answer

It only happens once a year and at the same time. All the Alkidikes gather under Aisha and pretty much celebrate her in all of her glory. These celebrations last days on end and after the ritual, the Alkidikes are free to return to their homes/previous locations.

Silver_tigress18

Celestial Snowflake

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm
I asked in thread. I dont know if i got an answer because RL swamped me.
but...

Since Veshki is now an NPC with his own little post and is being used in a RP (albeit a reminicing RP... gosh aren't we tricky?)
And since I am slightly obsessed with ghosts, I was wondering...

Ghosts.
The Dead.
Mediums. Channellers.

Things like that.

WHATS THE POLICY? emotion_awesome

Answer

Ghosts, for the most part, would be looked upon as a seriously ill omen. If not fleeing in fear, the person who encountered one would probably go on an avid quest to rid his/herself of the spirit, if not find a way to bury it properly. A manifestation of the dead usually means that its soul is not at rest.

Like in our world, there are those who think they can commune with the dead... and maybe some who really can. Like in our world, the people of Tendaji are able to be as skeptical as they want, or to believe whole-heartedly in the ability to commune with those who have passed.

Finding "signs" believed to be left by the deceased, or for those who have passed to reach out through dreams are more likely encounters than actual, physical manifestations of, or real, physical encounters with a ghost.

But, magic is clearly a strong force on Tendaji and it comes to some people more easily than others. The Alkidikes have a mystic. The Ice Tribe has a specific group of women on Mount Xi'i, the oracles, whose sole purpose it is to commune with the higher powers and, quite possibly, the dead.

Take that information and do with it what you will! We certainly don't want to limit your creativity. c:
(But please don't treat ghosts as canon and physical to Tendaji)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:13 pm
Wheee!
Okay. So.
Say i purchase a dagger with all the stats n' s**t from the store.
Can I use those stats but have the actual weapon be different?
Essentially 're skinning' the item, to use a video game concept?

Like use the daggers stats but flavor-wise have it be a quarterstaff or a pole?

Answer

Technically this would be considered the custom weapon from the 4th stage. Characters can choose to reskin their weapons at stage 4 while keeping the same stats from their original weapon.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm
I noticed almost all the females have long hair, is that what is required of all races? Or is that just what happened?

Answer

It is most definitely not required at all. There are almost no restrictions to hairstyles in Tendaji, with some small exceptions (such as Alkidike having dreads, and hair color traits existing per race)

And to eleborate: Alkidike have dreads as a sign of power. Because this is common knowledge in Tendaji, it would be really hard to find an earthling with dreads unless they were part Alkidike. This should be kept in mind when creating any character in Tendaji.

◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff