Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
◈ FAQ _____ [Updated 12.28.15] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:27 am
Is it possible for someone in a class that usually uses a specific weapon to use daggers (throwing/normal) instead?

Answer

Unfortunately, the answer is no. Classes are required to use the weapons that are assigned to them. Only thieves and non-combat classes can use daggers as weapons.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:45 pm
I thought up a question that in some sense pertains to what you said to Drac? It's a question about non-battle classes.

Using Winta as an example, since I would like her to go the way of the Artisan (weapons maker) is it possible to have in her artwork some of the battle weapons/custom weapons? If so, are classes such as this restricted to having to have the same weapon/it's evolution in their art? Or say Winta made a spear and in one she's pictured with it, but as she hones her skills as a weapons maker she is able to create more complicated weapons. Does she have to stick with the spear/an evolved version of it or can she have other weapons in her artwork that showcase her development in her particular field?

Answer

If your character has chosen to go the route of a non-battle class, then their official art will not have any weapons included in the image. You can still however commission whomever you would like to create unofficial character art with weapons. It just won't be in the cert. Non-battle classes can have their dagger or throwing knives in their art if they choose, but that's really it for choices.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:03 am
First question: Aside from lotuses that parents plead for, Aisha also produces 'parentless' lotuses on her own, correct?

Second question: Who takes care of these children?

Answer

Though it isn't as frequent as lotuses that are pleaded for, Aisha does occasionally produce lotuses that are "parentless". These parentless children are first cared for by Eshe while they are still infants, but then handed off to volunteers. The Alkidike are a close knit sisterhood that don't shun the blessings of Aisha and willingly take in children as their own. "Parentless" children almost always don't even know about it, since their mother(s) raise them as if Aisha had granted them a gift they were always waiting for.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:04 pm
Just some questions about battles! :3

I heard that when a non-battle class character buys a pair of knives to protect themselves, they receive battle stats, is that true?

If so, are they then allowed to participate in battles, despite not being able to fulfill a set requirement for their stage?

And if they are allowed to battle, would they be able to battle with characters in a battle class so that the character with a battle class requirement can fulfill that requirement?

For example, let's say that Natsu buys a knife and earns battle stats. Ogbonna (Or a completely different character that someone else owns) needs someone to practice with and no one with a battle class is available to do so. Thus, Natsu offers to help him by sparring with him using the knives that he now owns. Would something like this be able to happen?

Answer

Throwing knives and daggers are open to non-battle classes, and once purchased, they'll have to roll for stats in order to battle. They obviously don't have any battle reqs, so this is purely for fun.

They cannot however, battle with others to fulfill the other character's requirements. Battle class characters should fight with battle class characters for battles toward growths. Like I said previously, non-battle classes fighting is purely for fun, and the only upside is being able to gain EXP from it for both characters to use.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:13 am
What is the average lifespan of the various familiars?

Or for the Earthlings and the Alkidike for that matter?

Answer

They all have varied lifespans, but it looks a little something like this:

Earthling - 80-95 years
Alkidike - 100-110 years

Nondwa - 10-15 years
Spitorog - 5-10 years
Radaku - 60-80 years
Maglardilla - 7-10 years

Poscuta - 10-15 years
Kinfa - 80-90 years
Aldabuk - 40-50 years
Scorra - 30-45 years

Capramel - 30-50 years
Sailscale - 15-20 years
Moracker - 15-20 years

Mammu - 120-150 years
Roati - 20-25 years
Raptrix - 60-70 years

Xaraan - 20-25 years
Quhar - 30-40 years
Janarim - 40-50 years
Perzi - 15-20 years

Snapptrotter - 30-40 years
Bushi - 100-120 years
Alol - 10-15 years
Xanteer - 20-25 years

Menk - 2-5 years
Sprites - 10-15 years

This does not mean that you have to kill off your familiars after you grow to a certain point. This is just for those that are curious and want to use it in RP or something.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:07 pm
I have a question.
In the Ruelash/Zuri RP, they were reminicing about an encounter they had when they were still considered younglings.
For characters started in prentice stage, can past-tense youngling RPs count towards their next stage growth (IE, rping out a first or past meeting that is important or semi-important to their interactions now) or can it only be for fun?

Answer

This is going to be a case by case basis. If a character started as a prentice, then most, if not all, RPs taking place when they are younglings will be for fun. But if you feel that the RP did something to greatly influence your character, then you can PM Suhuba to get approval for it to count towards growth, but only during the prentice stage if they did not have a youngling stage. Memory/reminiscing RPs of any other kind will not be allowed to count towards growth.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:15 pm
Is it possible to quest for a familiar? Is this a good idea?

Answer

In theory, you can quest for a familiar, but there isn't a big need to. In order to get art, you would still have to wait for a custom familiar slot to open, and since there is no discounted price, there's not really any reason to separately quest for them, since most, if not all, are accepted anyways. Unless you want to ask others for critique on them, then go for it. :]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:45 am
This is a mechanics question about Delayed Elemental Burst:

Here is the situation:

Delayed elemental blast resolves this turn. However, if Biroki doesn't dodge Zuri's attack, he loses the battle and cannot attack.
Does he have to attack with the double attack of DEB, or can he dodge and still have DEB resolve, or does he lose the charge if he does not attack that turn?

Answer

The DEB is already placed, so regardless of what Biroki chooses to do it will go off. (the DEB should be placed in an additional post) If he fails to dodge though, the battle will be over and the DEB will not detonate when he is KOed.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:54 pm
In addendum to my other question: Biroki powered up the previous turn. Is DEB affected by the power up?

Answer

No. If Biroki were to attack the same turn the DEB went off then the attack would get the bonus, but the DEB is still just a standard attack power.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 pm
Beast taming question!

Say a character wants to tame a creature and teams up with someone else to do it.
Between the two of them, they tame the beast. Does it count against both of them, or only the person who is actually taming the beast- IE, the person keeping it?

For example, Biroki and Lassarra team up to tame a Mammu. Would taming it count against BOTH of their counts, or only count against Biroki, who wants the mammu.

In that case, would it count towards Lass's beast battles?

Answer

I've added a little bit of info into the beast taming post about this, but one or both members can attempt to tame the beast they fought, but they have to roll individually. They will not get a bonus for taming with a friend, and the rolls for an individual must meet the goal to be suitable. (you can't use one roll from one person and one from another).

For the second part I'm not too sure what you mean, so I'll just answer what I think you're saying. If both fight and write their word count, they'll get a req point (per animal). Taming counts as part of the battle, so there is no extra req for trying to tame an animal. Actually getting the familiar is the reward for that, and you will receive exp even if you don't manage to tame. Only the person who rolls the winning roll will receive the familiar, but they can gift the familiar to whomever they want.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 pm
Hey! Just some clarification about solos and such! :3

I've been writing short solos that are related to each other for most of my characters at the moment. I feel comfortable writing this way and it helps me not feel so overloaded with one big plot. It's like chopping a huge story line into smaller key points. However, my big question is how I would add these all together come time for growth. For example, here's something I have set up in my OOC thread, it's for Yaholo.

Hammer My Heart: 742
Cowardice, Thy Name Is Father: 884
Uncle Adohi: 548
Getting to Getting Along: 1250
Word count for set: 3424

The Calm After The Storm: 268
Lost Child: 895
Fatherly Thoughts: 809
A Plea To Aisha: 837
Wishes Answered, And Doubled: 154

Word count for set: 2963

Each "solo chunk" is related to the others that surround it, such as Getting To Getting Along and the two before it. However, they don't directly lead into the ones in the second "set", which is why they are treated separately and placed with others that are more "similar."

My questions are as follows:

Am I allowed to write like this and group the common "solo chunks" together?

The first set totals to 3424 words when together, am I allowed to count that set as three solos due to the word count?

If I am allowed to use 3424 words in this manner for three solos, is there a cut off to how many solos can be knocked out this way? Can I, say, make a set that, miraculously, comprises of 7000+ words when placed together, and completely knock out his solo requirement all at once? (Not that I would, but I'd like to know the limits to this, if any) Or, would that be considered cheating?

I was just wondering about this since I had already written them like this. If this isn't okay, I can go back to writing the big, long, block solos. |3

Answer

Solos do not have to be related to each other in order to bunch together. They just have to equal a total word count that equals the requirement. So for Yaholo, he just needs 7 solos aka 7000 words BUT each solo has to be at least 300 words. So the two smallest solos listed here wouldn't count toward the total necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:37 pm
If I am in a beast battle and other characters participate, can it count towards a RP requirement?

Is it possible for a battle (of any sort) to count as RP?

If a character who is ICly disabled (IE Dyakida or Makani) chooses a battle class or decides to roll up stats, do they get disadvantages to their stats or special status conditions because of their disability?

Answer

If you are in a beast battle and write out at least 1000 words each in that one battle (such as fighting four at the same time) then it can count as either an RP or a beast battle (not both), but you can only swap out one RP point per stage. In order to do this, both/all participating characters must be battle ready (stage 2+) and must have rolled in the fight. They cannot participate as spectators and still receive an RP point.

Regular battles can not count as RPs unless it is within a Meta and then the rules will be posted about what it can be used for.

Characters who are ICly disabled that decide to go down a battle path will receive disadvantages to their stats depending on the condition and the class chosen. For example: characters missing eyesight, such as Dyakida, wouldn't have much accuracy when battling so they would receive a knock down in not only speed but in their hit rolls. Other ailments contribute to disadvantages as well depending on the situation.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:56 pm
In the case of surrogacy/male donor, does the person doing the donating/surrogacy have to be stage two as well? I'm asking because you've said that they don't have a slot counted against them, only the parents caring for the child. :3

Answer

Yes. IC donors should also be in stage 2+ for age reasons. Prentices are still under their parents' wing so to speak and are too young to have or be responsible for children within Tendaji's rules. They would not be able to make these choices for themselves, so stage 2+ only.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:49 pm
Can a character in a nonbattle class cast and use spells?

Answer

Only with the use of the Scroll of Souls item.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers