Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[Reaper] Anna's Room Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I look at the river
But I'm thinking of the sea
The past overwritten
By what I hope to be

Enrollment

It was one of those rare moments where the secretary had actually approved the application.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 pm
I search for the essence
It's my command
That is the center
It's what I demand

............................................. Post 1: Introduction
............................................. Post 2: Table of Contents (You Are Here)
............................................. Post 3: Anna's Front Door
............................................. Post 4: About Anna
............................................. Post 5: FEAR and Abilities
............................................. Post 6: Anna's Dorm Room
............................................. Post 7: Class Schedule & Clubs
............................................. Post 8: Roleplay List
............................................. Post 9: Relationships
............................................. Post 10: Possessions
............................................. Post 11: Photo Album
............................................. Post 12: Point Tally
............................................. Post 13-14: (this space intentionally left blank)
............................................. Post 15: End Notes

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 pm
In my mind
I'm standing in a glass house
Looking below
Don't wanna look without seeing
Don't wanna touch without feeling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 pm
I dream in color
Yes, I dream in color
When the world is black and sepia tone
Or in sleepy monochrome

Name: Anna Walpurgis
Nicknames: None.

Faction/Race: Reaper / Witch of Despair
Image Song: I Dream In Color; Conjure One - Sis Puella Magica; Yuki Kajiura

Personality: At long last, after a tumultuous first year and then being dragged into the Tear to help repair a shattering world, Anna has finally gained a sense of stability and happiness - of comfort with who and what she is, and who she may become. She has finally opened up and chosen the life she now leads, every pain and every fear, every relationship. She now feels that she has control over her path.

Anna's confidence has gentled, and she smiles much more, and stutters less - while she can still be a little too impulsive, a little too brash, she does so less out of a sense of pushing herself in defiance of fear and more so because she wants to be brave - two very different things. She can jump into something enthusiastically without examining it, going solely on her heart rather than her mind. She has grown vastly curious, looking at the world through fresh eyes.

Of course, she still tends to leap before she looks, and not to consider consequences before taking action; she can also blurt things out without thinking, though not as badly as she did before. When she wants something, she's likely to go after it and to defend her choices firmly but adamantly, and her formerly mercurial swings have calmed. She is beginning to learn the fine art of moderation, growing braver and more courageous, and her loyalty to her friends is stronger than ever.

Anna welcomes her curse power, and enjoys using it, finally feeling confident with exploring her ability rather than being afraid of it. Rather than a familiar, Anna now wields a Reaper's weapon in the form of a blackthorn bow. Her curse-power coalesces as arrow-bolts when she draws back the string, and she can then fire that power at will.

Why did they enroll at the academy? Originally, Anna's parents sent her to Amityville Academy to get her out of the way after she bonded with Shibey - something she was not supposed to do. It upended several of her family's hard-won plans, and her parents decided it would be better both for them and for Anna if she and Shibey just... went away for a while.

Now, however, Anna remains because she has chosen to do so.

Personal History: Anna was born into a family of (normal) earth-witches who had always been bonded to familiars at birth. While their family was once widely respected for their ability to scare, in recent generations their fortunes have reversed. Children have been born with less and less magical/FEAR power, and the family is now considered mediocre at best. Very ordinary, not really worth much.

Worried about their future, Anna's family made a last-ditch effort to increase their family's power and renown. They spent a great deal of money and called in many many favors to obtain a beautiful gem, in which was said to sleep a very powerful familiar. They intended to bond this familiar to the next child born. However, Anna snuck in to where the gem was stored to have a look at it. When she opened the box, she happened to touch the gem... and, with a flash of light, she found herself confronted by the familiar within.

He offered her more power than she could ever dream of, in exchange for making a contract with him. And oh, how she wanted to be special, to make her family proud...

Anna agreed, and the creature - who introduced himself as Shibey - promptly devoured Anna's original familiar (a white mouse named Erasmus) in a wave of FEAR and pain. When she awoke, she found her own FEAR had been altered, and new hungers gnawed at her mind. But she did have power. More power than anyone else in her family, though it wasn't really
exceptional by Amityville Academy standards. But she spoiled a lot of plans, and as such was sent away until her family felt ready to deal with things again.

At Amityville, Anna found that her power - which had always been sourced in the earth - was starting to shift. Shibey explained little, preferring to watch and let the witchling make her own way. She did her best, but the slow and sure erosion of her power and of everything that had once been familiar took its toll on her. And for good reason: her very FEAR was changing, and her self with it. With her former foundation all but gone, Anna finally lost herself completely, giving into Shibey's goading. She strangled Shibey with her bare hands, only to learn that this was exactly what the Incubator had planned from the beginning. She was to be a host to the power her wish had invited in. Broken and battered, Anna collapsed.

And then she woke up, changed. She felt more stable than she had before, but her moods still shifted and she felt out of control, even though she did her best to pretend and present otherwise. It wasn't until the events of the Tear happened that Anna finally got the distance she needed - and the power, at last, to make a choice about the way her life would be.

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 pm
I dream in color
Yes, I dream in color
I see much further than this
Yes

Racial Ability: Summon Weapon
Anna can summon/desummon her weapon - a blackthorn bow - at will. To summon, she holds one of her hands palm-up and calls forth her power, which coalesces into a dark thorny seed (grief seed) in her hand before unfurling into her full-size bow. Her curse-power manifests as arrow-bolts when she draws back the string, and she can then fire that power at a target.

Natural Ability: Witch's Curse
Anna has the ability to use curse magic, specifically manifesting itself in the form of blackthorn vines in various shapes or as nimbuses of dark energy. If the energy manifests as vines, they sprout from dark 'cracks' in the air rather than from the ground. ((Magical replacement for a melee attack, basically.))

Y2 Natural Ability: Cursed Vision
Anna can control the appearance of a small room, changing it to have a mad fever-dream look. The illusion is visual only - no other senses are affected.

(If you've ever seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica, you know what the inside of a Witch's Barrier looks like? Yeah.)

Y2 FEAR Ability: Witch's Kiss (The Mind)
With an accurately aimed curse, Anna can induce a feeling of hopeless despair (and related emotions - unease, sadness, anxiety, etc.) in those she targets. While under the influence of the curse, the target's vision will shift a bit, giving the world a mad fever-dream look much more intense than that invoked by Anna's Cursed Vision ability. If properly applied, the Kiss impacts the target's ability to fight back, leaving them at Anna's mercy.

Y1 FEAR Ability: Cursed Stranglehold (Battle Cry)
Using her curse magic, Anna can summon a higher concentration of blackthorn curse-vines than usual. These vines coil out of the air, wrapping around the target and attempting to tear said target apart. While they do not have the strength to literally rip the target to shreds, they can still inflict some nasty damage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 pm
In a room with no windows
And painted doors
What once was my ceiling
Now is the floor

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 pm
My landscape is changing
From out of the dust
It's some kind of healing
Like the sun coming up

Classes In Progress:

none at the moment

Completed Classes:

Acting 101 (Class B) - Homework: Build a Better Boo
Fundementals of Fear (A Small Respite)
Human Studies 101 - Homework: Going to the Dogs
Year 2 Exam: Despair, Little Witch...

Making Inkjars
Career Aptitude Test

Clubs:

None yet!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:56 pm
In my mind
I'm standing in a glass house
Looking below
Don't wanna hear without listening
Don't wanna talk without speaking

Year Two:

[solo] Inevitabilis
[solo] wake up, little ghoul.
Spirit Week (ORPs)
Naughty or Nice, Etc. (GM ORP)
Peace and Quiet (?) (with Freya)
Let's Book It! (with Tess)
Scaena Felix (with Belladonna)
A Taste for Something Sweet (with TG)
Careful What You Wish For (with Professor QB)
What Is Your Wish? (ORP)
Wrong Turn (with Robert?!)
Curse of Curves (with TG and Junko)
Johnny Danger Fanclub Official Meeting (ORP)
Dark Carnival Prom (ORP; went with TG)
Legacy (Metaplot)
Found You! (with Sura)

Year One:

Little Lost Things (with Siddie)
A Wonder of Witches (with Belladonna)
Little Blue Riding Hood (with Neil)
Amp It Up (with Roch)
Amityville Under Suspension & Try, Try Again
Christmastival
Soap 'n' Suds Redux
Scarefari Walkabout (with Lark)
OwO ... OuO (with Lizzy)
Contracts & Ink (with Professor QB)
Spookies and Contracts (with Belladonna)
Forestwalk (with Sura and Chaya)
Spread Your Wings (with Belladonna)
Defenders of Amityville
Growing Bones (with King)
The Three Monsketeers (with Sura and Chaya)
Amityville Academy Prom

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm
I dream in color
Yes, I dream in color
When the world is black and sepia tone
Or in sleepy monochrome

♡•••• strongly dislikes | ♡♡••• dislikes | ♡♡♡•• neutral and/or doesn't know well
♡♡♡♡• likes | ♡♡♡♡♡ strongly likes

Students Met:

♡♡♡•• Siddie: A very kind person; took Anna out for eye scream when she was brand new at Amityville. Anna has not seen her since but she definitely thinks fondly of the ghoul.

♡♡♡♡• Belladonna: One of the sweetest ghouls Anna has ever met! She brought Anna a beautiful gift basket just to welcome her to Amityville. Anna would love to meet her again and show her how strong she's become.

♡♡♡•• Lark: A fellow Reaper with a familiar, who comforted Anna when she needed it. She hasn't seen Lark since, though...

♡♡••• Neil: A very confusing boil who seems to say and do stupid things and then (badly) apologize for them later. Anna would love to try and kick his a** now!

♡♡♡•• Roch: He seems very wary of Shibey, because an Incubator once put him in a pretty dress (??).

♡♡♡•• Lizzy: A gentle and friendly ghoul, much older than Anna. Sempai?!

♡♡♡•• Ulmuka: He seems nice, though Anna isn't sure if he counts as a friend or not.

♡♡♡•• Siobhan: A banshee ghoul with really... really delicious emotions. Also screams a lot.

♡♡♡♡• False: Another Reaper with a familiar! Anna met False during Christmastival. She thinks of him and his familiar Sharpie as her friends.

♡♡♡•• Yuki: A quiet ghost boil Anna met at Scarentine's. She'd like to talk to him again...

♡♡••• Enzo: She... thew cake at him. She used to be mortified by this, but now the memory just amuses her. Hm.

♡♡♡♡• Sura: Best friend, despite all the screaming! Anna is eager to show Sura her new power.

♡♡••• Edel: One of Ulmuka's friends. She also seems nice!

♡♡♡♡• Chaya: Other best friend! A faithful and kind hound. Anna is a little nervous about explaining what happened to Shibey, though...

Faculty Met:

♡♡♡•• Professor Rengath: The Acting/Theater professor. His class is intimidating and thus, by extension, Rengath himself is also intimidating. He gave her her exam, though, so that's something.

♡♡♡•• Professor Q.B.: Ugh, another Incubator, but evidently not the same kind as Shibey? Confusing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:02 pm
I dream in color
Yes, I dream in color

Used 0/3 times.

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 pm
I can see through the clouds of grey
Got a window on the world
I can sweep them all away
Got a window on the world

Official Art:

Year One
(art by Zoobey)

Year Two
(art by Natsube)

Commissions & Fanart:

By LividPeas
By danse-hexe
By F-AYN-T (dA)
By Arakunae (dA)
By Kheleksul
By Shadowkatz (dA)
By Pyrogoth (dA)
By MoonKitsune

By Zoobey
By LividPeas
By MoonKitsune

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:21 pm
Don't wanna look without seeing
Don't wanna touch without feeling

Current Year Three Point Tally: 39/75
last updated: 09/03/13

Classroom RPs: 2/???
Career Aptitude Test - 2 points

Completed Homework: 0/???

Completed Roleplays: 5/???
Inevitabilis (+1 wordcount)
wake up, little ghoul. (+1 wordcount)
Peace and Quiet (?) (+1 wordcount)
A Taste for Something Sweet (+1 wordcount)
Dark Carnival Prom (+1 wordcount)

Special:
Spirit Week - +3 points
+2 for attending two booths, +1 for auction participation
Naughty or Nice - +4 points
Legacy Meta - +16 points
+5 for 5 Major Blessings, +5 for 5 Minor Blessings, +2 for obtaining an uncommon weapon, +1 for finale, +1 for solo over 600 words, +1 for fighting in three battles, +1 for 5 past memory posts.

Minipets: 5/5
Fanart: 5/5

Quote:
Growth Points:

You earn 1 point for every:
- One piece of fanart drawn OR commissioned by you for anything related to the shop. You can claim a maximum of 5 points per year this way.
- One complete RP; you must have written at least 800 words in that RP for it to count as a point.
- One complete classroom RP; you must have written at least 800 words in that RP for it to count as a point.
- One complete homework assignment for a class.
-----NOTE: For 'homework' that involves growing a minipet from a class, you must do an RP or solo (of at least 800 words) involving that pet to get a point. Merely growing the minipet does not count!
- Five minipets grown to their final stage. You get one point for every five minipets; you can claim a maximum of 5 points per year this way.
- One complete solo, at least 800 words long.

You earn 2 points for every:
- One complete battle RP; must have filled-out RP actions, not just dice rolls.

You may earn ??? points for:
- Special events run by GMs may have point prizes for participants; to claim these in your tally, make sure to link to the post where points were awarded.

Growth Requirements:

Year 1 to Year 2: *( There is a 4 month IC cooldown from Y1 to Y2)
50 growth points + final exam (pass or fail) = graduation to Year 2

Year 2 to Year 3: *(There is a 6 month IC cooldown from Y2 to Y3)
75 growth points + final exam (pass or fail) + teacher battle (pass or fail) = graduation to Year 3

Year 3 to Alumni: *TBA
100 growth points + final exam (pass or fail) + teacher battle (pass only) = graduation from Amityville Academy

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:28 pm
° ω °

I dream in color
Yes, I dream in color
When the world's in black and sepia tone
Or in sleepy monochrome
I dream in color
Yes, I dream in color
There's gotta be more than this, yeah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 pm
° ω °

I dream in color
I dream in color
When the world's in black and sepia tone
Or in sleepy monochrome
I dream in color
I dream in color, yeah
I dream in color
I dream in color

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 pm
I dream in color

Anna is mine! Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which inspired a not insignificant amount of Anna's backstory and character mechanics, belongs to... um, someone who is not me. Yes. I made the graphics, though!

Shop by the awesome Zoo, Marushii, and lizbot! Very best of all shops. <3

YAY.

{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff