Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which do you want first?

Young Adult growth worked out 0.37596899224806 37.6% [ 97 ]
Metaplot related to SCIENCE 0.11627906976744 11.6% [ 30 ]
Metaplot related to DRAGONS 0.2093023255814 20.9% [ 54 ]
Metaplot related to POLITICS 0.034883720930233 3.5% [ 9 ]
I was going to say growths, but then I realized you're already working on them, so this option is null. 0.1046511627907 10.5% [ 27 ]
GOLD. 0.15891472868217 15.9% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 258 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 5261 5262 5263 > >> >>> »|

MOVING TO THE WEBSITE
Moving RP to a google group.

User Image
Warning: Image heavy, like every other breedable. XD

Worker Status
D-corp calendar
Arafel Apology/Explination/Promise of my return

Updates

03.24.11 Flatsale!
02.22.11 The RULES have been revamped!
Technicians now have their own post!
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR GUILD ALERTS ON. I use them to get attention to important events and announcements. xD
02.21.11 History Writing Contest
Please check it out! All the info is there. Current prize is history req taken off of your kid, but there may be more prizes! Especially if a lot of "newbies" enter. :3
And we have a DA group! now! Go post your kids art, your concept art, parents, favorite stories WHATEVER. Have fun~
02.02.11 Altessa & Faolan 5186
01.30.11 Tryst '81, and Troy '83
01.22.11 Ussuri pg 5180
01.13.11 HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

Things have been really hectic for me... PS, RL commissions ARE still open. See my deviantart for that.
So I'm at school from 10-4, and then I cook, clean, and TRY to get a job because we're about to get some shutdown notices since I haven't been able to pay bills for 3? months now. AWESOME.

Anyways... Still waiting on the two colorists for two more growths.
And have the new kiddo and max sketched, so I just need some time to ink them.

Also removed Chessy from the list since she hasn't done anything... ever. BUT THATS OKAY. Its just the curse of D-corp hiring anyone D': They get stabbed and s**t.

Click here for previous updates

Directory

01. Welcome/Updates/Directory
    02. Story
    03. New projects(sales)
    04. Rules
    05. FAQ
    06. Pick up
    07. Owners list
    08. Breeding
    09. Dragons
    10. Links
    11. Teachers
    12. Assignments
    13. Map
    14. Technicians
    15. Customs & Trades
User Image

Summarization:
BASICALLY
Humans were found to be too... weak to ride and control dragons. Either they couldn't control them, or they couldn't withstand the temperatures or climates the dragons could.
SO
They(D-corp) genetically engineered Children with Animal DNA, they were to be raised under special schools to make sure they had the right training, and the DNA to let give them the ability to withstand whatever. For example a fish child would most likely get a Leviathan or sea serpent. :3
(This is to clear things up and so you can skim some on the main story. Try to read the whole thing though XD)

Preface:
Mismatched fingers steeples together as green eyes scanned over the report before them. A tale of another death. Pressure... Air tank crushing, and inevitable drowning. Similar stories laid under that one, all failed missions. One after the other... Breath left the man's lips, as he shifted back into his chair, fingers gently rolling across the desk before him. He had suffered some of the same... He knew first hand humans couldn't do it... They just couldn't work with dragons. And that was that. There was nothing more he could do...

Or was there? Gears turned underneath black and white hair. An Idea... a crazy one, but what else was there? Nothing, that's what. The corporation was falling into a dead end... The head of the company had long ago fallen ill, and it was everything the corporation could do to keep itself bound together. He leaned forward, with a sudden rush of energy and inspiration, the sound of keystrokes soon echoed through the quiet office as he poured out one theory after the other... To create a child with animal DNA, it would work. They would be able to breath underwater, there would be no need for the air tank to burst under the pressure... There would be no need for an air tank. And the other scenarios that failed with normal humans, they would be altered as well. Poison resistance would account for misplaced bites... Yes, yes it would work.

A small grin played on the boss' lips as he stared at the sphere, bubbles rising from the bottom as water was filtered. A humanoid furred creature settled in the middle of tubes and wires, a small beeping echoed in the dark room verifying the small being's life. It had been a crazy idea... But here they were, the first child, through years of toil and sweat... The idea that had got the man, Alan, to the top... No longer would he be known as 004, someone else would own that name now, he would have his old name returned. Though that name was useless now... That name had died with many of his co-workers, he thought bitterly, tilting a pen to paper to write in the next report. "Keep an eye on it..." He ordered a man behind him, while he stepped away and passed on the clipboard. "Record anything that happens." With that, he left, shoes clacking lightly against tile mixed with a light "psst" from the door as airlocks momentarily broke to let him through.

Now the next step... As it was a child, it would need a parent, and no one there was capable of being said parent... "Here are the records you requested, sir." Another lab coat offered the folders forward, catching his new boss in the hall. They were received with a small nod, while a spare hand reached for a cellphone. Beeping... Ringing, the phone was lifted to his ear. "Hello... Yes, I have a proposition for you..." He paused, smiling a little as he scanned over the paper in front of him. "No, this is not a sales call... I have a young child for you, please come down to the address I'm faxing now. I'm also including a small note, to insure you'll corporate with us." In a swift motion the phone was hung up and tucked back safely into a pocket, the folder was handed back to the tech, with it followed a nod, as if to urge the tech to take care of the business he had just spoken about on the phone.

The project was in motion...

Chapter 1:
This was it, the man smoothed his fingers across the mahogany desk before him. The project had long since been in motion, the facility had changed entirely, floors were cleared of other research to make way for the mass tanks and tubes, many had even taken to referring the building as a "she" and these rooms as "the womb." The highest ranking still refused to take part, or even admit how humorous he felt that was.

A sip of coffee came to his lips, while a spare hand reached out to pull a pile of folders across the desk. These were the first... The first seven of their project. Each already had a personality, though just sprouting, he could see it in the reports the daycare gave. Now they were all being prepped to be sent "home." The place that they'd hopefully spend their lives. The children... Nono, projects... Alan attempted to correct himself, already feeling the strain of reffering to something as child that he knew might not last. It was that old saying... once you name them you become attached.

Well, he hadn't given them names, but already a few of the teachers had been selected to care for them. Rep01, or Yeesha, had been given to Hennet one of the biology teachers and workers. Av01, Ligeia, had been given to another teacher... Orpheus Solon the skills teacher. Herb01 Riley was bestowed upon Rafferty, the history teacher. And Herb02, Anoki Kenelm, to Raven, the magic teacher.
All that was left Av02, Mar01, Arthro01 to be found their first homes. It wouldn't take long, a few scans over medical histories and some government records would find some paths for the three...
Their personalities were drawing starters, Rep01 had a slightly defiant and troubling personality, impish one might say, however still she had a sweet side. Hennet held a calm yet firm mind. Av01 was the slightest bit skittish, shy, and seemed to be easy maintenance. Orpheus is a relaxed fellow, with seemingly little disciplinary tactics. In contrast, Herb02 has the same sorts of traits as Av01... however he was placed with Raven who seems to be more "uptight" and strict than anyone else. There was a reason for this diverse pattern, later the two could be compared...

But now, the chair squeaked as the man in it shifted towards his computer, propping open the folders for the remaining three...

The room soon filled with the tapping of keys, as the first "participants" would be found.

Chapter 2:
User Image

.:.Flatsale.:.
None

.:.Auction.:.
None

.:.Raffle.:.
None

.:.Contest.:.
None

.:.Event.:.
None
User Image

[1] General [1]
a. Rules may change, so make sure to remember the last number you read, and check often.
b. Broken rules will be handled on a case by case basis, anything from a blacklist to a warning.
c. I do not care if someone has been blacklisted from another shop! Don't bother me with this, if they break my rules, I as shop owner will handle it, not you. If they're harassing you, PM the mule, and I will take care of it.
d. Please PM the mule "D-corp" for any and all events, including questions that are not in the FAQ AND personal questions. The account "Arafel" is not made for d-corp PMs, and is full of personal things... Yours is likely to get lost, among other reasons; please just PM the mule.

[2]Money[2]
a. No refunds! Work quality is a subjective matter. PM the mule if you have a question or concern.
This does not include refunds if I fail to deliver any work AT ALL. However there is no deadline on when I'll finish work, so as long as I reply to you, no refunds.
b. Payment is required right after you win something. If you don't have the money then don't enter. (5 day delivery limit)

[3]Forum Conduct[3]
a. No whining if you lose anything. If you feel bad about something shop related just don't post until you feel better. Things like this make both me and the winner feel bad, and for what? (Note: This counts for more than just whining about losing some sale)
b. No cussing, spamming, harassing, flaming, chat speak, etc. etc. Do I really need this?
c. in addition to 1c , Do not take it upon yourself to mod this shop! If something goes wrong, if someones flaming you, bothering you, PM me, IM me, or just LET ME KNOW (or another worker of the shop) and WE will handle it. Not you. Also, defending someone will not get you anywhere either! At the most you should say "Hey, stop, that's offensive" or something. Flame wars will only get both of you banned.
d. This thread is not for RPing. Go to the D-corp guild. Though you can have OOC fun here, but nothing serious. (Remember OOC means out of character, which means nothing you do in thread is "real" )
e. Be sensitive to others. Do not go into detail about your sickness, or oozing wound. Some people don't want to hear it, and can get physically sick from it! So yes, please be aware of those around you.

[4]Regarding Art[4]
a. Don't ask when things will be done, I literally CAN NOT WORK when I'm asked this.

[5]Regarding D-corp Kids[5]
a. There is a limit to one Toddler/Child at a time. Once your current child hits preteen then you may have another. This is referred to as "The Preteen Rule"
b. Co owning is not allowed except in the case of twins, in which you each own one twin. (See the FAQ for situations with two parents)
c. If you have a D-corp kid you don't want you can get rid of it. You will get grey listed for the next 5 sales. When that's over you can rejoin the shop's fun.
d. There are only one of each species of animal, except in special events and twins. If you need clarification on a certain species or "mutation" of a species, just ask. (ie, Domestic Dogs)
e. Your customs CAN be resold, or killed off ICly. I reserve the right to all characters that are bought here, even customs, to continue smooth RP.
f. If you don't RP your kid you'll be given SIX whole months.(Half a year!) Then you will be sent a warning, You'll then have 7 days to go post your a** off. Any RP requirements you've done for that stage will be voided, and just not count towards growths/etc. This counts individually for each child, not for an entire account, so you need to post for all of your children. (Note: Requirements are not voided if the child gets rehomed)
g. How fast you grow your child is up to you, whether it takes you a year to grow from toddler to child or just a month, all your choice.

[6]Your Responsibilities[6]
a. If you're going to be gone for any period of time ALWAYS announce it in the correct forum in the guild.
b. If you do leave gaia for some reason, You will still be subjected to the 6 month rule, no matter what anyone says, UNLESS you contact me and tell me you're leaving and want to get rid of you child by XYZ. You will be blacklisted for the first, but not for the second.
c. If you wish to change the account name registered with your child, you must first PM D-corp a request on your current account to let me know yes, this is you! If you've been banned, and can not post on your account, and feel you were unjustly banned from gaia (ie: gold glitches causing mass ban) we MIGHT change it... this is a rare event, but we are open to your circumstances.

[7] RPing [7]
a. RP is required here! Make sure you're willing to keep up with these requirements. We work hard to make it systematic and run smoothly, so be respectful and RP.
b. No God modding, etc.
c. Fighting is okay. Fist fights, random fights. These things happen. But they can not result in serious injury or death without both Arafel and the other owner's permission. (Please see the forum in the "meta plot" sub forum for more info.)
d. Try to do decent posts. If your in the main thread doing random OOC chat is fine (ex: Name:*laughs*) But for guild RP please be literate. (ex: "He laughed." wink
e. Again, be sensitive to other's weak stomachs. Details are good, but if you feel its teetering on PG13+, put up a warning. (ie: "This post includes vomiting and blood." That way anyone with a fear of blood or vomit will know not to read it.)
f. If you don't want to RP, or worry about the penalties of not RPing, you can Void your RP requirements. In which case, see the Assignment's post for more info.
g. Do not RP your child at an older stage. If it's not drawn yet then it's grown... Though there may be case by case situations that it'll be okay with, so if you have a reason you just need to ask.
h. Logs are required posting. Whenever you have an RP, copy the URL to the RP, and make a new post with that in your log. This isn't too much to ask, I don't think, and this helps me out IMMENSELY.
i. See 5f; any RP you complete during a hiatus listing WILL NOT count towards your growth.

[8] Sales [8]
For more information on rules relating to sales, please see the Sales Types thread.
User Image

Make sure to read the rules first. :3 Anything I put there will not be posted here. If you've checked both and still have a question feel free to PM the mule(D-corp) or post! Questions are always better than getting it wrong. X3

I've moved them all to the guild, cause there's a lot, so you can click what section you want and check it out here. X3

Shop Questions
D-corp: Company
D-Corp: Workers
D-Corp: Plot
Parents
Children: Creation
Children: General
Children: Lessons
Children: Reproduction
Dragons: Powers

User Image

Gen 1

Amphibian
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Annelid
User Image

Arthropod
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Avian
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Carnivore
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Chiroptera
User ImageUser Image

Eutheria
User Image

Extinct

Herbavore
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Marine
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageJenai

Marsupial
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Mythical

Omnivore
User ImageUser Image

Reptile
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rodent

Gen 2
Reptile
User Image

Tank Phase
User ImageUser Image - Pika-Bunny
User Image - Indubitably
User Image - Ieeko
User Image - Lunar
User Image - EchoLimeFoxtrot

Blueprinted
# - To (Bribe gift, from kercaden)
# Gryphon twins - To Raja&Thalion (RL Commision)
# Quagga - To Karma_K (Art trade)
# Pheonix - To Raja (RL Commission)
# Giant Anteater - To Ves (Pet Trade)
# Orange Tabby - To Raja (RL Commission)
# Spectacled Bear - To Kanth (Bribe)
# Thunderbird Twins - Unaru (Autobuy)
# Extinct twins - To Pi-sama (bribe+nowait+noRP)
# golden silk spider - To Pi-sama (bribe+nowait+noRP)
# Kirin - To Thalion
User Image

Any time your kids(Male/Female) have /relations/ you MUST PM the D-corp mule about it and roll for pregnancy chance.

D-corp Pregnancy Policies:
1. While we acknowledge a females ability to conceive at preteen, and a males at teen, these situations are not in any way supported by D-corp.
2. If this happens, the child once born will be taken from the irresponsible parents and given away as a normal D-corp Child would. (Young adult+ will be able to take care of their own child)
3. When a d-corp child conceives they are required to immediately report this, for health and safety reasons we must monitor each stage the embryo.
Cross breeding across species has unknown results, and could end up horribly if unchecked.
4. A small fee for our services is required. Payment plans will be allowed for poorer couples. (See information below) The tests are expensive, and if left uncharged might bankrupt D-corp. We try to make it as cheap as possible.
5. D-corp children's offspring will be required to go through the same schooling the initial D-corp children went through.
6. If you completely disagree with our rules, go somewhere like the GMFC. But be warned, the company will need a reason if left out of such a thing....
7. It is suspected that bonded dragons will chose the dragon of their bonded child's significant other. In other words... When X individual, and Y dragon bond they become one entity within the mental sense; XY. Individual A also does the same with their Dragon B becoming AB. When X child and A child fall in love, in turn Y and B dragons should do the same. In the cases that this can be observed, there is a statistically significant correlation, however what actually happens is unknown.
8. The number of children MAY be effected by the animal's DNA, however it is more likely the human DNA will take over this.
9. D-corp will require mandatory pictures for data records.
10. Even if the couple is living together custody must be decided before hand.

OOC Rules (Same thing but translated XD)
1. Females can "breed" at preteen, and males can "breed" at teen.
2.Though they CAN, ICly this will be irreconcilable. And the child will either be sold by your choice, or given to a friend.
3.You need to ICly report this to D-corp, and OOCly by getting a breeding slot and whatnot. XD
4. Yes you must pay. 50k total. 25k from each parent Not bad, really. Payment plan is 15k a month. And you won't get the child til you finish paying.
5. The children are like normal D-corp children. They get dragons, go to the same school, are RP required etc etc. Only difference is their two completely different species combined o_o
6. To get one that doesn't have to go under the D-corp training I'm agreeing to go ahead and use the GMFC if you need. Then their rules apply. :3 Just be prepared for IC consequences. XD (Yay for pissing off the government)
7. To make things easy, when two kids get together their dragons do to. However it was brought to my attention the mass of complications this brings, (Such as male and female kids with two male dragons...) So I rewrote it to fit better. Your dragons can chose any dragon they wish. :3 If neither dragon has a child for your children's child, D-corp will give them one from the lab.
8. Your child should only get one baby. Though some animals that have thousands of babies like a spider may have 3 or so. Lower numbers such as mice may have 2. And sometimes you just may get lucky and get two.
9.You'll get a couples picture! Father and preggor mother pictures. :B(Or.. father father, and mother mother. XD)
10. This means only one owner. Day childA and childB breed, then they have childAB, then the parents of childA and childB must decide whom is RPing the kid. Once again you can have a friend take the child in.

And remember, same sex breeding is allowed. Check out my witty answer to this question in the FAQ. XD

Also, for every time your child has intercourse you have to report it to Arafel so she can do rollings. Include what kinds of protection they used etc etc, a dice will be rolled to see if they conceive. (If they do and you can't pay we'll work something out. XD You also don't have to pay if the child is going to be rehomed, I'd just charge the person buying.)

Slots:
1. Open
2. Open
3. Open

Prices:
There is a small medical fee for each pregnancy, 25k from each parent. A total of 50k.
The payment plan is 15k upon each checkup. (Every month)

The gestation period varies between species, with a minimum of one month's waiting. (3 months if you're on the payment plan)

Pregnancy Requirements:
  • Female must be preteen or older, male must be teen or older.
  • For same sex breedings both must be adults.
  • Must have RP showing them as a couple that would indeed have intercourse, and RPers have agreed that the couple has done so at least once.
  • Must have rolled conception in one of those times.
  • Must have one appointment with the D-corp doctors confirming(ICly) the pregnancy.

Birth Requirements:
(Like RP requirements)
  • At least one month's time.
  • RP one checkup with the doctor. (Can have both, or just the mom, whatever's IC)
  • One "dear diary" entry on the pregnancy from both parents. /or/ One solo RP thinking about the pregnancy from both parents. /or/ One RP between the parents talking about the pregnancy.

Odds and Contraceptives:
Condoms, spermicides, and diaphragms are possible backup methods that can be added onto other contraceptives to lower your chance.

Over the counter
No protection-85%
Spermicide-30%
Withdrawal-24%
Female condom-21%
Male condom-16%
Standard days method-12%

Acquired from a doctor:
Birth control- 8%
Diaphragm- 18%
IUD- 2%
User Image

Dragons are what was to be thought a mythical creature. Some dragons are good, some are evil... And the rest are a simple neutral. High in intelligence and power, their kind was often feared and hunted to near extinction, leading them to hide among the masses.

D-corp, however, was formed in the idea that dragons were not to be feared but used in the forming of cities and civilization. To bring an alliance with the dragons. The dream was to use dragon's magical properties, even their shedded skin, in medical science to aid the people. To use their knowledge to fill the libraries with information. And their power and strength to build great cities.

Dragons in turn took to D-corps buildings, with the promise of free food and shelter and a place where they would not be hunted, several agreed. Others denied and said the humans were just trying to trick them... But whatever happened they eventually managed to pair up several dragons who now keep refuge inside their dragon stables with a truce to those who work there and the other dragons that stay.

Life Cycle:

(Child Stage)Egg:
As your toddler gets older (child stage), the eggs are allready being incubated, and using the child's personality and abilities a dragon is selected to match them. At this stage, the eggs must stay in the incubators at almost all times, when the children come to see it they may be allowed to hold the egg, depending on it's condition. But it stays in the lab until it hatches.

(Preteen Stage)Wrymling:
This is the first stage of a dragon's life, just after it hatched. At this stage it has no powers, and can only carry it's own weight when flying. They may speak in draconic, or simple chirps and noises. It's abilities consist of whatever physical things it has. Whether thats just claws and teeth, or some spikes on it's back.
Your child will be a preteen when they get their dragon at this stage, and have to come by D-corp to pick it up.

(Teen Stage)Juvenile:
As your child grows, your dragon grows, at this stage they've gotten above horse size, can speak English(for the most part) and can carry their child on their back when flying. Now, the glands in their throat are starting to develop, causing their breath weapons to become active. They'll need to practice and learn how to control them.

(Young Adult Stage)Adolescent:
This is the teenage stage for your dragon, and luckily D-corp didn't stick the two teens together. At this stage the dragons will have learned everything, they can speak, fly, use their natural abilities, and yet they're viewed as the dumbest part of the life cycle by the other dragons. Because these are prone to showing off, fighting, and claiming territories, and for the males; Attracting females.
As for usefulness to your child, this teenage area may be very helpful in the sparring matches. Or it could be more dangerous, with a dragon wanting to show off while you're on it's back...

(Adult Stage)Adult:
Just in time, your dragon reaches maturity shortly after you do. Now, they're about as big as you'll ever see. Their growth starts to slow, allowing them to live for thousands of years. Long past your child's life. (Though if they bonded correctly, D-corp imagines the dragons will not go on living once their child reaches death. This is just theory though.) And they've matured in mind as well.
Now, your child and their dragon will both be used in projects, though no one has been told what happens when they're done raising their child yet.

Ancient:
Just about when your child is reaching old wrinkly age, your dragon will be here, likely in the prime of it's life. Like above, once your child dies the dragon is theorized that it won't want to keep on.
However, you may see one of these around D-corp, though they generally stay in the stables living the "good life" They're fed, kept, and all they really have to do is provide a scale here and there, and the eggs the children receive.

Great Wyrm:
These are the elderly dragon, stayed alive for the longest time imaginable, they've seen things, they know things. If you ever come across one of these, you likely won't know it, as they may have adapted a human form to hide, or have blended into the mountain side. D-corp has none of these, and will likely never have one. They're only in the "wild", at this point.

Dragon's known:
Gen I:

Gen II:

Special Dragons:

Suggested Reading:

There is more information on dragons here.
User Image

Link to us:
(Make sure you take out the returns~)

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11273785&page=1]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/kitsuneArafel/Dcorp/Banner2.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/kitsuneArafel/Dcorp/Banner1.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/kitsuneArafel/Dcorp/Link004.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/kitsuneArafel/Dcorp/Link003.png[/img][/url]

Our Corporation:
D-Corp; Soaring to new achievements( Go here for the guild.)
DeviantART group

Other Corporations:
S-corp
G-corp

Tektek

Affiliates:
If you want to affiliate, PM the mule "D-corp" with the information. All other methods of affiliation will be ignored. (Posting, or PMing somewhere else.)

[Hiatus]Pikaias Children
Done by our wonderful cert maker and currently certist, Cor's shop is about a sci-fi world, not gaia. And the rest of the story is complex enough that you just have to go read it. XD If you like D-corp's weirder critters, then you're probably going to like them! Very strange and original creatures. :3
[Hiatus]Camashii: Your Soul mate
Who can resist something with the word "Soul mate" in it? XD They're little lineart creatures, and a lot of options for them. In the way of cosplays or whatever you want.
[Inactive]The Antherios Project
Not for the weak of heart! Based on the Island of Dr.Moreau book (And don't get it confused with the other modern IoDM) includes surgery and some animal torture. But, I assure you no one there thinks it's a GOOD thing to do that. It's a horror RP after all. :3 4 stages, RP required.
[Inactive]Lions Tigers and Bears
A really adorable shop with a very interesting plot line involving monsters and kids with stuffed animals. The art is good too, with several artists to choose from, and unique art. All around, Ara gives it two thumbs up. XD
[Active]Endgame
A very unique plotline and world set up... gods playing a game with the character you get, your character gets traits of the god... There's actually so much information I can't really grasp it all right now, so I suggest you read it for yourself! The art is all unique, and also wonderfully done~ Worth a look!
[Inactive]Pokemon: Hybrid Generations
A shop owned by one of our patrons here, Thalion, is a gaia based shop in which pokemon are made into children through genetic alterations. The difference for this one is the school set up, when kids are of age they get sent off to one of four houses, and compete against one another and so on. Very interesting~ and alot to work off of for the RP. And ofcourse, wonderful art~ <3
[Inactive]Gutter Sluts
A shop based in gaia, shows a bit of a darker side of the streets... You play a character, whom by some misfortunate event, wound up on the wrong side of the tracks. Everyone lives in a house, and when old enough, partake in certain jobs... anything from a hustler to an artist, everyone makes their own way of life to maintain their happy home! Its a wonderful set up, with several artists to choose from. I even have one~ <3
[Inactive]Pandemic
A shop about... parasites. They need hosts, and D-corp has agreed (as of now) to affiliate with them, so long as none of their projects are harmed in the process.
[Inactive]Tricks of Chaos
A cosplay shop! Nice to see one around again, I have to say~ All the pets are cosplay based... so if you have a fandom, check it out!
[Inactive]Mountains and Monsters
A spoof off Dungeons&Dragons I imagine! This shop comes with your choice of several species to make your character... lineart based, but very very active! Managed by our very own Nikiana ♥
[Inactive]Mendel Labratories
I don't know if anyone ELSE remembers the Mendels but they used to be one of the top shops in the breedables... beeaaauutful art! Its good to see them back again~ The shop is based off of element from the Periodic Table, turned into living embodiments of the element. *geeks a little*
[Hiatus]Grimshaw Forest
A beautiful and unique lineart shop! The creatures are fascinating, and incredibly cool looking-- like the introduction says; Do you dare step into Grimshaw Forest?

Mailing list:
Join the guild for Guild Announcements!
There will be new ones every time a sale is posted

Whitelist
DivineSaturn- So freakin helpful. She's always willing to pitch in for anything. XD *luff*
Coronivirade- You should be on the blacklist for your hard to spell name D: But seriously, she made the awesome certs! And took over certing while cassi was unable.
EbonyDragon- Took up guest coloring for several growths to help me get caught up, to which I am ever grateful!
Raja- Crazy psychopathic customer. Possibly my "number one" customer in the sense of just how many she's getting/has gotten. D: But also she's being put here for her constant good attitudes in the thread, and overall being around to help answer questions, also helping out with little bits and bobs when I need.
Gabriela Juliana- Almost for the same reasons as raja, minus the crazy. My second unofficial advising squad persons. Again, helps when I need ethical advise and so on about the shop. :3

Greylist
None

Blacklist
Kaioto_Katsuma- Flaming the shop
AyameFay-Posting in a journal without permission.
Sweet_hart96 - Posting in the dragon's subforum and not reading the rules.
Master sonicdude2 - Spamming and low-grade harassment.

Credits
Arafel - Aritist/colorist
Coronaviridae - The pretty, pretty cert =O
Elwryn - Did some nifty stuff that I'll more than likely use later.
Jayoku - Made the logo, also working as a colorist.

Official and Fan art archive!
We've now moved to the DeviantART group to house our official and fanart!

User Image

User Image

Substitutes
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Stages

Toddler: 2-4
First stage the child is made, and given to a carefully selected gaian.

The toddler is highly dependent on it's new parent, whether or just food or sometimes transportation. Some may be going through delicate processes of metamorphoses, a tadpole to a frog, a caterpillar to a butterfly.. Or, they're just a young child in need of love and care. Along with learning their basics of knowledge, such as the abcs, 123s, and social behaviors... No matter what it is, it's your job to raise them right.
Good luck!

Child: 5-7
Second stage, child is assigned an egg to take care of with the help of the lab (it's left in the lab to keep required heating)

Your child's maturing, your influence as well as others have shaped their growth. Now they can speak fluently, write, read... All of that stuff. And as such, they get to come see their dragon egg. Which will be their partner for life.
At the same time, they start learning more about their capabilities, learning what they can do (as a genetically altered being) that makes them special. And while there are some they may learn on their own, theres also what they learn in a class of specialized professionals.
They're still dependent on you as a parent though, and if you don't get it right now the next coming years are going to be alot less fun.

Preteen: 8-12
Third stage, the egg has hatched and children begin attending training classes.

This stage marks that awkward phase where you think you're grown up, but you're not quite there yet. They're now starting to shape their own personalities. They don't need you to hodl their hand while crossing the street anymore. And their dragon egg hatches at this time, in which a large reptilian like creature comes to stay wherever you may be residing. The goal is for the two to be best friends.
Also, classes begin to progress. Your child is now offered magic and melee. These will teach the basics of both, in which they'll learn which they like and which they don't like. And they'll get to know their dragons.

Teen: 13-16
Fourth stage, Children begin attending competitions and applying their teachings. They also start more advanced classes.

Ah teenagers, this is where your child will get the joyful rush of hormones and interest in the opposite sex.. Or as it may be, same sex. The point is this must be the hardest point of one's life, dealing with the new feelings and hormones, and at the same time dealing with the mass of classes D-corp is trying to shove down your throat before you get too old. This is, by far, the hardest stage of your life.
By now they've chosen whether they prefer magic or melee, and can now focus on mastering those skills. Along with more classes being shoved along, learning about dragon history, and biology of themselves and their dragons... And who can forget sex ed? And most importantly, learning their dragon's abilities. Both flying and fighting, because no one wants an out of control ball of acid flying at them. All the while trying to balance a social life. And you, as the parent, get to keep them out of trouble.

Young adult: 17-21
Fifth stage, Children continue competition at more advanced levels. Also undergoing trials assigned by the D-Corp

Hormones are starting to level off, the children may or may not have adjusted to these changes by now, but most have "grown up" by now. At this point, they start running scenarios with each other in a safe environment. They have battles, races, etc, all to get their skills perfected. Compared to teen, things seem to be getting easier now. No more horrible reading and homework! Yay. At this point, they're probably ready to "leave the nest", but they can't just yet, though if absolutely nessicary D-corp will offer apartments on sight.

Adult: 22+
Adults start up jobs at D-corp. Some are permitted to live outside of the main building, Assignments are still given out. More will be known when this stage is reached.

Finally, you've reached an end. Your child gets to settle in his or her own place, or stay at home as the case may sometimes be. Now is a good time to build a family, since classes have all ended. And you can support this family by the money and things you make by working for D-corp.
Or you can stay single and simply make more money for yourself.
But no matter what, you still work for D-corp, even if you get another job in the meantime.
They can refuse, but who knows what would happen.

RP requirements:

Information on growing and the requirements to grow can all be found in theGrowing Up thread.

Make sure to read this thread, as it contains all the information on classes, and also has the forms you need to post to grow your child to the next stage.

What we mean:

Time requirements will be calculated from the date your journal is up.

Play dates are mostly just RP, consisting of 5 posts from you with another person. Or, 6-10 journal RPs by yourself (6 if they're really intricate and detailed n such, 10 if they're sorter... needs to be at least one paragrah.)
If the playdate does not include another D-corp kid may count for half an PD if the d-corp kid is the main focus.

The Journal entry is for IC D-corp's logs. They're basically a summarization of your child. Whether he/she has anger problems or is just a little angel. They can be as short or as long s you want, so long as they're in first-person.

Journal RP, as stated in the PD section are RPs by yourself where something significant happens. Say your child gets lost or ends up in the hospital. Things you generally can't/won't do in a PD, since they only include your characters. Generally these are in 3rd person.

As for the term "Test" this means that you're having a full course of school, but all you're doing as far as RP goes is 3 things.
ICly, you have classes just about every day for one quarter of school. (3 months) Which would be way too much to RP.
so OOCly, you just pretend all those happened, and then go to 3 RPs or Homeworks, whatever the teacher has assigned to show all those.

If that doesn't make sense feel free to ask me more explanation. :3

Disregarding RP requirements:

Orginally this was only with customs but is now offered to everyone.
Please see the Growing Up thread for information.

Mini Reqs:

A not so new feature, you may choose to void some of your requirements, specifically the ones that involve teachers. Think of it as homeschooling?
This feature does not include journal posts, time requirements, and play dates. And some dragon related things.

Please see the Growing Up thread for information.
User Image

User Image

D-corp is located several miles east of Aekea, in the desert, off in the middle of nowhere. There are two small conveniance stores along the road (about 30 minutes from each location to the next) to D-corp, and that's it.

User Image
:Outside:

01. Parking lot
02. Sheep pin
03. Dirt (wow)
04. Cliff's edge
05. Elevator down into canyon.
06. Canyon lake.
07. D-Corp Apartments
08. Arena

User Image

:Inside:

01. Reception area, child pickup, orphanage, kitche and cafeteria.
02. Teacher area-1 (T-1) Kindergarden classes, playroom, children's library.
03. T-2: History classes, Advanced Library, teacher's lounge.
04. T-3: Skill classes & terrain rooms.
05. T-4: Melee classes & needed rooms
06. T-5: Dragon classes, entrance to dragon stables(Restricted access).
07. T-6: Magic classes & Magic labs(Student access)
08. T-7: Biology classes & Biology labs(Student access)
09. Medical ward p1: Checkups, minor things.
10. Medical ward p2: Critial conditions.
11. Medical ward p3: Dragons
12. Lab: Incubation Facility
13-23. Classified Labs
24. Alan's office, more classified areas.
25-33. Tech rooms
Roof. Helicopter landing, and observation deck.

Click here for floor layout.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TECHNICIANS

!Coming soon!
User Image

Customs/Bribes

So I generally exchange the words Custom and Bribe for this section. It's all the same really, but customs can also be obtained through auctions, or flat sales, etc. "A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square." >>

For this you don't have to wait through the pressure of bidding wars, and contest judging. All you have to do is claim a slot and it's yours, no pressure and whatnot! The catch? It's hella expensive!

There are a few specials left over to people with quest threads from way back

Specials:

700k:
Nozomi-- Wombat
E.T.D.O. -- Blue tailed damselfly
Izchi -- Ookuwagata
Mia Sharra -- Ant eater
Mew Kazuma -- Artic Wolf (Backup: Lynx)

These were given discounts for having quest threads. If you have a quest thread (see the guild) you can qualify for perks and such in events! Its a great way to keep track of your funds and get involved in D-corp's community, while at the same time setting yourself up for discounts~ ♥

Price list:
Normal custom: 3mil
Extinct/mythical custom: 5mil
Normal Twins custom: 5mil
Extinct/mythical twins: 10mil
No RP requirements: +500k
"Buy it now" Price: +5million to normal price, at any given time, just PM the mule to offer. You do not have to wait for slots with this price.

On occassion there will be a "Auto Buy" sort of option available here. For instance, if I want a specific high priced item. xD
It will depend on the worth of the item as to what you can get with it.
AutoBuy: None

Also, I accept RL commissions for these (again expensive). RL commissions will be sold via Deviantart or through email, and will be announced in the thread.

Pure, donation items, and event items over 1k are all accepted by the guide currently listed.

Remember
-you may SUGGEST skills, but they're final decision by us.
-Don't reference the other kids too much.
-Dragons are up to the lab to decide.
-And if you don't know on something just tell me to be creative. XD
-Read everything on this page. Cause when you get a custom, we get rights to it and I don't want anyone getting all surprised about that. >>

Slots:
    1. CLOSED
    2. CLOSED
    3. CLOSED
    4. RL Commission- Open and close~ check journal for latest availibility. Though they will more often than not be announced~

Form:

NOTE: You may opt for me do use artistic liberties on any of these options, just let me know!

Name:
Parents Name: (To go on cert)
Animal Refs:

Hairstyle:
Hair Colour:
Eye color:
Eye style:
Skin color:
Markings:
Clothing: ((Options are: Shorts, skirt, nothing... very simple clothing, as its provided by D-corp. Acceptions are on a case by case basis))
Animal Features:
Ears - Yes/No (On animals with no real "ears", you can opt for pointed ears)
Tail - Yes/No
Wings(if applicable) - Yes/No
Other - (Please Specify)

Personality:
Pose:(I can rerive this by personality
Extra:

User Image

Alright. Arafel's pettrades are ClOSED.

^ remember, this means it's closed. You CAN ask if i'd accept it when they're open, but make sure you make note that you've seen that it's closed.

- Cassi is not available to color so the previous feature here will no longer be offered.

Current Pet Trades:
[x] None

Arafel's uber wants; which means I'll trade at any time, are:
Pending...

And I will do art trades, If you're really super awesome like RikProwley (She gets millions for her art.. XD) I'll only need one or two, for lesser things it'll move up. Highest is 6 or 7 (6 stage child, 6 pieces of art. :B)

Trade log:
Wild dog-Karma_K for a Fourth Wall child. [Compete x Complete]
Okapi-RikProwley for full CG art, couple. [Compete x Pending]
Gray Squirrel, and Armadillo-Lenachan358 for custom eden.[Half-done x Complete]
Least Weasel-Nevahor for 4 3/4th body CG, and 2 chibi CG[Compete x Complete]
Striped Hyena-Kuyalu for 4 CGs [Complete x 1/4th complete]
Lady Bug-Pika-bunny for custom toxikin. [Complete x Complete]
Quagga-Karma_K for 6 commissions. [Pending x Pening]
Gaboon Viper-Moofuls for Jivvins(with guaranteed 4th.) [Complete x Complete]
Giant Anteater-Ves for Antherios custom. [Pending x Pending]

Complete x Complete- Both sides are done
Complete x Pending- My side is done
Pending x Complete- Their side is done
Half-done- Used when theres more than one being given on either side and one or more has been completed but the rest have not. :3
Striked out - Canceled

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces