Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User Image

IC Intro: Unlike all the other shops, this one seems dirty and musty. Hidden in the back alleys of Barton Town, you see a large, run down mansion of a building. Upon approaching, you're greeted by a lanky, somewhat rough-around-the-edges looking woman. Her purple and pink hair is ratty looking, as are most of her clothes, which seem stitched together from scraps, and as soon as she's within a few feet of you, you smell a thick smell of smoke and a musty smell you figure must've come from the house. Does this woman live there? Do others..?

Interrupting your thoughts, the woman speaks, and waves at you, she seems a bit overly-friendly.
"Hello" She says, "And welcome to Gutter Sluts. I'd ask what brings you here, but it probably isn't good. I'm Mishka, by the way." Smiling half-heartedly at you, she motions for you to follow her inside the musty mansion, and starts walking off towards the door. "C'mon now, lets get you a hot meal"

OOC Intro: Gutter Sluts is set in the Gaia Universe, and features human/humanoid 'pets'. You take on the role of these individuals and rp as them, documenting their struggles and successes, losses and loves, in their life on the street. Through rp, you may breed, make friends, get special stages of art, and get a job that might change your entire look.

Staff Note: You may notice that this thread, unlike many threads, does not have a long and obnoxious rules post. This is because we forgot we still believe in humanity just a tiny bit and we would like to believe that people can behave properly without someone holding their hand. If you're unsure if something is ok, ask in the thread. Our only rule for behaving in the shop is not to be an a**. We like to joke around and have fun as much as everyone else. The staff here are all regular people too, believe it or not. This also means that we will get angry or hurt just like regular people. Please keep that in mind.

However, please DO NOT hotlink the pets. Save them to your own space to show them off.
User Image

November 21, 2008- Lots of people fired/hired, check the new staff list!
September 16, 2008-Certs and journals for all FS pets are finished, and posted from page 145 onward.
September 15, 2008-Opening Event is over.
September 06, 2008-Opening Event Starts.
September 03, 2008-Thread is created.

User Image

-More in-depth setting and roleplaying info can be found in The Guild-
IC Story:Sitting down in the musty old house, Mishka grabs a can of soup from the cupboard. She opens it, tossing the lid in the trash, and then warms it on the stove directly. While you're waiting you see other people walking around the house, some grabbing snacks, some just lounging. Once it's steaming just a bit, she takes it off the stove with a potholder, grabs a spoon from the counter, and takes it over to you. "There we go, dear. I bet you'll feel a lot better once you eat something." Mishka seems to be perfectly adapted to living this kind of life, but it makes you wonder how exactly she got into that position herself, and how it came to be that she ran this absurd sort of shelter. As you ask her, she laughs a bit and leans back in her chair- Obviously rather old and nearly broken, since it creaks heavily at the weight of her.
"Well, you see, things weren't always so bad for me. This house used to be a jewel in Towns, and I lived pretty easily. But, one day, a guy approached me with an offer I felt I couldn't refuse. He'd provide a way to store my extra gold, and I'd get extra interest on that gold just for trusting him! It seemed too good to be true, and well, it was... I got scammed out of absolutely everything I had. I had to sell most of my furniture to keep up with bills I had expected to cover easily, and since, I've scavenged bits and pieces of furniture from the trash. I tried to remake my life as best as I could, and eventually I realized I wasn't the only one this happened to. People all over Gaia were poor, scammed, hacked, defeated in so many ways. So, I got together with a few of my friends, we cleaned up the place a bit and gathered much, much more furniture from it. Jokingly, we called our little club the "Gutter Sluts". Well, once we were established, so many people came asking for help that it turned into an actual shelter! We're here to help people get back on their feet and try to make it again in life. Now... What's your story?"

OOC Story: Mishka used to live life elegantly, but was scammed out of everything she owned. Her house became old and dusty, and she struggled just to get by. But, at some point, she realized she wasn't the only one in this position. She gathered up abandoned furniture and, with the help of her friends, created the Gutter Sluts shelter- To take in all those with no other place to call home.
User Image

-Growth requirements are in The Guild-
-Infant- Orphans and children from breedings start at this stage. It lasts for about two weeks. All stages past this are determined by how much you rp.
-Young Child- A child about four years of age. Lasts a minimum of two weeks.
-Older Child- A child about 11-12 years of age.Lasts a minimum of two weeks.
-Teen- Around 17 years old. Lasts a minimum of three weeks.
-Young Adult- Early twenties, this is when you officially start trying to choose your job. Lasts a minimum of one month.
-Adult- The final stage, although some exceptional rpers may get extra evolving art past this stage. The standard adult stage comes with one final job choice, you can change jobs ONCE if something new opens up or if you REALLY don't like the one you got into (but they're granted through roleplay anyways so that shouldn't happen)
Extra job changes may have a fee. Once again, those who keep roleplaying may achieve further status.
Lasts forever unless you qualify for a special further stage (no official name, it just has different art and means you rule )

If you roleplay a LOT and we are superfast with doing your art, it would take roughly 13 weeks to get a final stage pet. These are BIG commitments. A roleplaying investment.
Once the shop gets going and there are enough rpers to keep things going steadily, there will be an item that allows people to alleviate their roleplaying requirement. These pets wont be extremely expensive, because you are investing your TIME into the shop, but if you don't want to put any time into your experience, then that will cost you.
User Image
Availability is handled in a very special way, here.
We have RP Based Flatsales, that as of now cost 15k
We will also hold raffles, auctions, and of course, offer customs once the time comes for it.

We will be releasing one infant-teen stage character every 2-4 weeks. Once a character grows to be a young adult, we will replace that character with another child character.

In this way, there would never be more than 5-6 children in play at a time, keeping the shelter's "mouths to feed that dont bring in income" level realistic.

Customs are handled on an individual basis with the artists. Find their thread in the guild main forum. and look at their availability/prices.
Pet trades are also handled on an individual basis. Contact the artist you like and see if they would like anything. Some artists are picky and some are not. Don't be offended if someone refuses your offer, and don't harass people.

Flatsales have several different style- Orphan, Runaway, and Homeless.

Orphan- Starts at a child stage, is not rpable until they reach an age where a child would normally be able to act on its own (during this time the shop npc would be tending them, to take care of that story gap).
Babies from breedings are handled the same was as Orphans in the storyline, except the parents 'tend' the baby during that time.

Runaway- Runaways start as an older child or teen, they are rpable from the start and usually have a harder time making their way through things. Runaways will have a harder time getting odd jobs due to their nature. 'Dirty' jobs usually aren't allowed to them.

Homeless- Homeless start as a young adult stage. These are people who were doing fine but got into debt and left/were shunned by their family.

Flatsale Prompts: RP prompt flatsales are done on a Choose-your-prompt basis.
During a flatsale, one of the empty reserve posts will have the prompts labeled, color coded, and put into them. The color codes match the color of the number/dot on the kid. There will also be flatsale forms posted. You fill in information including the number of the fs kid you want, and the prompt you're choosing to respond to.

There are different prompts for each stage/type of flatsale. The prompts are color coded so a Blue prompt is good for a character with a blue number-dot, a green prompt for a green dot, red for a red dot, etc.
Infant flatsales are responded to mostly OOC to see how you would just begin to develop your character, since it is a non-rpable stage. They will be introduced later on in the shop's development as it becomes more popular- it makes growings easier for the artists, and makes the addition of new characters into the rp gradual and smooth.

Note: We're not asking for a novel, or for writing that will change our outlook on life completely. We want rp here to be fun, the entries are more to see where you'll take the character than your writing skill, per se. We would like it if you could be at least semi-literate in roleplaying 'skill', however if you're unsure if we'll like your writing or not, feel free to ask for some comments/critique in the thread before entering! We're quite nice. We can also critique your entry after you've entered, if you so request.

Currently planned Events: Single-child prompt flatsale on October 15th
Halloween event containing three children, October 25th-31st

User Image
There's much more in-depth Job info in The Guild

Jobs here are given as steady jobs, and also as random events in the thread.
Steady jobs can only be obtained at young adult stage, random event prompts have their own rules, posted along with the prompt.
For steady jobs, once your Slut reaches Young Adult stage, Mishka will ask them to start pulling their own weight around the place, and you'll choose one of the beginning areas in a job tier.

You may only advance in a job after holding it for about one month (for advancing to the first level) or two months (for the second level), and you will need to pass an advancement prompt for that job.
The following images are the current Job tiers.
Please see this example*click here* for how to read the job tiers.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Breeding: is allowed, WITHIN THE SHOP CHARACTERS, and this would be one of the few shops that allowed teen pregnancy- Not ENDORSE it, but it HAPPENS, and if it does happen in-play then it will hold consequences, like the parents having a 40% chance (by random number generator or dice roll) of getting the child taken away and wasting their investment into the breeding.
Children had by mature characters will not face that issue, and will simply be handled as a normal character.

Breeding Rules:
Must be teen stage or later to breed.
Must have rped themselves into a close relationship where it's conceivable that something would happen.
The owners of the characters both need to agree on it.
You can skip the rping bit IF and only IF they rped an... *ahem* "chance encounter". Now I don't mean literally rped it, but got into a situation where that might have happened.
There is no limit on how many times your GS can breed.

Marriage?

If dating isn't enough for your GS, marriages can be performed if you want them to. However, it's mostly up to the owners of the GS. If you simply state in your character's bio that they're married, we wont dispute it, as long as they aren't married to like five people. If you want special wedding art or something? Take it up with your individual artist/artists.

Breeding costs 10k per parent
Or you can split it up however you want. As long as 20k somehow gets to us, it's fine.
It's more expensive than a flatsale because there is the chance you will have more than one child from any given breeding, a chance for twins, and it can also be hard to mix the traits of the parents if they are complex.
Breeding Slots : User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. = open, User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. = closed

Astral Descent User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Billy the Goatse User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Mio_Mikata User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If slots are open, there will be a breeding form here. Sometimes there may be competitions for a breeding slot if it is ever in demand.
User Image
Roleplaying is a large center point of the shop! In fact, there's so much information that it has it's own entire subforum in The Guild.
Please read the guides in the guild. The reason not much is on the front page is because it would be an impossible wall of text.

RP Policies at a Glance:
A Note: OOC rp, or casual rp with your character (or as yourself if you haven't got one yet), is perfectly fine here. Just note that if you are rping as a GS character, besides counting towards the 'Noted activity' requirement, it wont count for much.

Police Intervention: Police intervention is a huge aspect in this shop. If your character does a sketchy job, like drug running or prostitution, even though they will pay more, every job you do you'll have to generate a random number and you might get arrested for a week and/or fined in-game cash. You also might get fired from your steady jobs and you wont be able to rp while in custody.

Character Suspension: It costs money to live in the shelter. Infants, Young Children, Older Children, and Teens stay in the home for free seeing as how their age prevents them from getting many jobs. Young Adults are required to pay $200 a month to stay at the shelter and
Adults are required to pay $300 a month. If you cannot pay this fee your character will be kicked out until they can pay it. During this time you may ONLY look for a job or work at your current job, and participate in already in-progress private rps. You may not participate in events, you may not pick up random job prompts, and you may not start new private rps.

Rehoming Policy: If you are inactive for a period of 2 months without prior explanation, your Slut will be taken into police custody. You will have likely already lost your job and had multiple character suspensions (being kicked out of the shelter due to lack of funds). The police will hold your Slut for two weeks and you will be notified by PM and any other method we have to contact you about your inactivity and warned about the possibility of losing your Slut.
If you come back during these two weeks with a good explanation (something out of your control) then your pet will be returned to you and a small check will be given to them so they can continue living in the shelter for one month's time.
If you come back with a bad reason (ex; I was lazy) You may have to pay a gaia gold fine (to the artist for resuming your growings) if you want to keep your pet.
If you do not want to keep your pet, or you do not come back, the pet will be taken from you and rehomed. It will be held as a separate event in the thread or guild, and the character will keep their background.
If you abandon a pet once, without explanation (something that could viably keep you away for 2 and a half months), you will be banned from the shop. If you have an explanation that gets us to forgive you, you will still NOT receive your pet back- However you will have a discounted rate on one further flatsale pet as a replacement. If you abandon that pet as well, you will be banned from the shop.

Rehoming and Customs/OCs: OCs are handled in a special way, to prevent your characters being used/abused by others. When you abandon a custom pet that is an OC, it will be put on permanent suspension, and you'll be able to take it out of suspension at any time. If it still has growings left, there may be a fee to resume the growings.
However, if you do not think you can meet the rp requirements, you can simply pay an extra 10k when you purchase your custom and get the requirements taken off and rp at your leisure. This will allow it to stay at the shelter for free without getting suspended.

Rehoming and Special Characters: For cosplays or storyline characters, the rehoming policy is the same as normal- These characters, especially storyline ones, are intended and sometimes needed for rp, don't think that just because you spent however many k on an auction that you are exempt.
If you want to relieve rp requirements there is a 15k fee and you can only do it at adult stage. Storyline pets CAN NOT have their requirements removed. If you can't keep up with it, they will be rehomed and you may receive a partial refund.

RP Events:
November 4th- Metaplot begins
User Image
Managerial Staff:
-: Astral Descent :-
-: Falcon Samilka :-
Artists:
-: Astral Descent :-
-: Billy the Goatse :-
-: Mio_Mikata :-
RP Managers:
-: Jescobe Homiko :-
-: iWulff :-
Misc. Credits
Cert done by Shaiya_the_dark
Font used in banners is Jellyka's Castle Queen
User Image
Key: Owner/Pet Name/Stage/Job/Image Link/Journal Link
Astral Descent/Mishka Vitreina/Adult/Shelter Owner/x/x
Astral Desent/Torri Civalo/Young Adult/Alleyway Artist/x/x
Antique White/Jaime/Teen/Crime/x/x
Nutmeg Trilcineoulus/Amethyst/Teen/Barmaid/x/x
Billy the Goatse/Frances/Young Adult/Alleyway Artist/x/x
Jescobe Homiko/Saiyori Black/Adult/Prostitute/x/x
Dijital KiD/Jiinova Miioku/Older Teen/Geisha/x/x
iWulff/Dierk Lexington/Adult/Hitman/x/x
LaSaia/Sage Mason/Teen/None/x/x
Arafel/Rhianna Bobeck/Older Child/None/x/x
Nikiana/Zac/Older Child/None/x/x
Tolli Raovan/Jaden Maddock/Younger Child/none/x/x
Impmonstruetamer101/Roxane Cavegn/Older Child/None/x/x
Gabriela Juliana/Lizzy/Older child/None/x/x
Ruriska/Jophiel Hael/Older Child/none/x/x
Jescobe Homiko/Serpentis Ne'erdrem/Adult/Doctor/x/x
Mellakei/Olliver Illych/Younger child/none/x/x
Falcon Samilka/Darcy Beauford/Adult/none/x/x
Falcon Samilka/Torin Macalister/Teen/none/x/x
Lissome Llia/Carmen/Younger Child/none/x/x

User Image
To Affiliate, Link our Banner in your thread using the following code, and post your code in our thread asking to Affiliate.
The n0d.us code stopped working for some reason so the big one is back up. Sorry.
-If you want to make a new banner for us, PM the mule with the banner and we'll be sure to credit you for your hard work!-

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.43335179_1/] [IMG]http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/GSShop/Layouts/bannerforshop.png[/IMG][/url]

Smaller banner
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.43335179_1/][img]http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq336/GSShop/Layouts/smallbanner.png[/img][/url]

Affiliates~

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

Petshop of Horrors [The head-shot shop]
Auroran Host Club Art Shop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out