Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Fatcat

Meh, I don't see it as the disaster you seem to think it was. When I was 12 my friends and I thought the Moulin Rouge video was the s**t and wanted to be like them. All glitter and feathers and lacey s**t and poofy hair sitting around in a silk salon.
And I'm sure that's what those girls where thinking too. They probably weren't thinking "oooh, the boys will dig me in this!" Odds are, they were thinking about just another version of playing dressup, and c'mon, corsets with garters, nylons, shoes, boas, gaudy jewelry, and fluffy panties is way more than any of us wear in the summertime.
And as for the family thing, give them a break. They have a toddler, who won't remember any of this, and they're just trying to keep the heat in their marriage. Lord knows I'm not going to stop a few years in.
Also, I shopped at victoria's secret at age 12. I had boobs that needed to be held in place, and those thin trainers and walmart wouldn't do. Yes, at 12, I was in a b and would be wearing a c cup by 13.

Shameless Fatcat

ceriseglitterspark
I had a B cup when I was 12. I developed super-early?
But I didn't go shopping in those types of stores. I got my mom to buy me my bras...
I was twelve, how would I know what to do?!

I don't think kids that young should be shopping there, but, we can't exactly put an age limit on something like that.

They may not have been 12 anyway. Some girls I know who're older than me still look like they're prepubesant.

That's true. At 21 people still think I'm 15.
I can't help it if I look young! So yeah, if I'm seen drinking or in an adult store and anything like that I get looks.

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
Lunastasia
...that's really creepy. 12 year olds should not be wearing thongs.

I'm 14 and I have never set foot into a victoria's secret store. rofl Don't see the need to.
TELL MY SISTER THAT! & SHE'S 11!
What is even more disturbing is who gives them the money.
Shame on the parents who do so.
The 12 year old girls just wear it because its in. Or at least they think it is. They just wanna be cool.
Well, who's stopping them?
Are you going to stop this ridiculous consumer behavior plaguing America?
Is it ever going to end?
Unless we're granted a miracle (Peak Oil) no one is gonna stop this crap, who is gonna tell big corporations to STFU and be more honest and actually get them to listen? Who's going to convince all the parents over the world to make more responsible decisions, sensible decisions, at the sake of their kids and get them to listen.

No one, not for a long time, perhaps not for forever. Just nod your head and tell yourself it's normal, because it is.
GetoGatoCat
Yeah, a gaggle of...who the hell knows how old girls---not old enough kids for sure, came in just for the lipgloss but then started swarming around the PINK collection.

1) PINK is targeted primarily for college age and high school girls.

What the hell does a 12 year old have to feel sexy about?
Doesn't that usually start and feel right at 16?

Just cause it is colorful and bright doesn't mean it's right.

I can understand going in there for lipgloss sorta but picking out underwear is just stupid
I blossomed early (I was wearing a C cup in 7th grade), but I've never gone into VS. I'm 15 now and that place still creeps me out. I can't put my finger on why, though. I've heard the stuff is really expensive in there, too.

I think it's okay for young girls to be in there if they are looking for everyday bras or something. not something that you would wear when having sex. I still think 15 is way to early to have sex! It's also strange that parents are buying these things for their children. I know if I would have asked my parents for something like that when I was 12 they would have said no way and that I was way too young for that stuff. I think even today my parents wouldn't let me buy anything from that place.
Lunastasia
...that's really creepy. 12 year olds should not be wearing thongs.

I'm 14 and I have never set foot into a victoria's secret store. rofl Don't see the need to.
i know---whenever i here my friends talking about going to victoria's secret and how they love it----i feel so dumb cuz i dont ever even set foot in that place----------i dot even wanna go anyways-------------oh' and btw---im 13' my friends r 12-13
I saw some pre-teen girls at Belk the other day in the underwear section. They were all huddled around a bra giggling. neutral

Oh to be that young.
K r a z y k a t
I'm 15 now and that place still creeps me out.
that place scares me sweatdrop crying gonk xp lol -------lol

Shameless Fatcat

-robyy-
What is even more disturbing is who gives them the money.
Shame on the parents who do so.

I highly doubt that they bought anything, and even if they had, I doubt a prent knew their intentions and was giving them money for that.
Realme506
Personally, I don't like going into Victoria's Secret period

1.) I don't want to search my bra size with other people around (including mom)
2.) some of there stuff you can find at a JCpenney's
3.) MEN are in there...how can you be comfortbale trying on or buying bras when MEN are in there and not just old men...teenagers..that's embarassing

so yeah that is why I don't go in there.
exactly!!!!!!----especialy thae part about searching for your bra size

Shameless Fatcat

mathysta
Realme506
Personally, I don't like going into Victoria's Secret period

1.) I don't want to search my bra size with other people around (including mom)
2.) some of there stuff you can find at a JCpenney's
3.) MEN are in there...how can you be comfortbale trying on or buying bras when MEN are in there and not just old men...teenagers..that's embarassing

so yeah that is why I don't go in there.
exactly!!!!!!----especialy thae part about searching for your bra size

1. 75% of all women wear the wrong bra size. They can check for that size with your clothes still on, so why not get the support you actually need in under 15 seconds?
2. yes, but some you can't, hence, why it's there
3. It's not like the men are allowed into your changing room, or that you try stuff on outside. VS changing rooms are the most private I have ever been in, because it's not just a teeny booth with half a door, it's an entire room for you only, with a lock, and no one comes in unless you want them to.
And bras are a fact of life. It's not like if you buy one the men in there didn't know that you wore them. You're female, so it's expected that you'd buy a bra. No one cares but you.
It's funny, because I'm around that age.
People my age just try to fit in, or are influenced by the media to have to look skinny, beautiful.... big-boobed...
you get the idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces