Welcome to Gaia! ::

This didn't happen at a Victoria Secret. It was actually at Charlotte Russe. I was heading over to look at their underwear because it is very well priced and there were two girls taking up the entire area.

I swear to you they could not have been older than 10. And if that isn't bad enough, one of the girls held up a skimpy black thong, smiled to her friend and said,

"Do you think Jeremy would like this?"

And her friend replied,

"Oh my god, I know he would! Buy and show him tonight!"

And she bought the damn thing. And when I say she bought the damn thing, I mean, her mom bought the damn thing for her.

I couldn't even look for myself after that. I had gruesome images of 10 year olds ******** their boyfriends. It even made me feel dirty and wrong to look in the same bin as them!
it's just underwear. i probably shopped there when i was 12.
What disturbs me is that some of my female friends (who are 14 ish) have worn thongs. WTF?
(My friends thong was sticking out one time)

I was just...disturbed.
D:

User Image
More than a few twelve year olds are sexually active.

More than a few twelve year olds have parents that don't care.

They look young, but they're not stupid. It's easier that most people realize to fool someone when you're that age. Things can come to you quite easily and effortlessly.

I say if they want to wear skimpy lingerie, let them. It's not anyone else's issue. Furthermore it's not surpising in our society. We market sexuality. Of course kids are going to want to get in on it. Plus, most of those "twelve" year olds go in for the Pink stuff, the fragrances, the lip gloss, and perhaps the occasional well made bra. I mean. If you're pubescent you're going to need one- why not get one that is made well? Denying kids the access to this stuff isn't going to solve much. They're going to find other ways to get it or they're going to have whatever sex they've been having anyway.

*shrug* Sometimes you need those sorts of clothes. Thongs? If you're in some sort of performing art that requires you to wear tighter clothing or leggings, not even a tweenie wants to show panty line. I'm sure you wouldn't like to see it. lol XD
I had to go into the store when I was ten, when I was looking for my first bra. It was funny, cause I've never been introduced to thongs and lingirie at the time, so every two minutes I'd ask my Mum what something was.

I miss those good days, when no ten year old knew about Victoria Secret... Not in my area at least.
once I saw two toddlers in there sitting underneath the mannequin and looking up at her underwear!

Fashionable Prophet

never had to buy my undies from there.
never plan to.

but i don't see anything wrong with preteen girls going in there just to buy underwear.
but if it's like...a thong or something in that area, i'd be a bit worried.
That's unfair - you have no right to tell anyone where they can or can't buy their underwear. There's no age restriction on bras.
When I was 12, I was wearing 30D bras (though I actually needed a 28DD, but couldn't find any) and I actually /needed/ to go into shops that sold bras aimed primarily at adults - the little triangles of silk and lace that they make for 12 yrold girls wouldn't've been any use. I didn't go to Victoria's Secret because we don't have one here, but I did go to lingerie shops.
I know someone's going to say "but it's different when they don't actually have boobs", but it's silly for /anyone/ who's completely flat-chested to buy bras - not just 12 yrolds. (That said, I do understand that even A cup boobs need /some/ support. What I'm talking about here is people who wear like AAAs.)
And, hey, 12 yrolds want to feel grown up and sexy too, even if they don't fully understand why. Is that so wrong?
Kenikie
That's unfair - you have no right to tell anyone where they can or can't buy their underwear. There's no age restriction on bras.
When I was 12, I was wearing 30D bras (though I actually needed a 28DD, but couldn't find any) and I actually /needed/ to go into shops that sold bras aimed primarily at adults - the little triangles of silk and lace that they make for 12 yrold girls wouldn't've been any use. I didn't go to Victoria's Secret because we don't have one here, but I did go to lingerie shops.
I know someone's going to say "but it's different when they don't actually have boobs", but it's silly for /anyone/ who's completely flat-chested to buy bras - not just 12 yrolds. (That said, I do understand that even A cup boobs need /some/ support. What I'm talking about here is people who wear like AAAs.)
And, hey, 12 yrolds want to feel grown up and sexy too, even if they don't fully understand why. Is that so wrong?

I agree completely. I'm 13 and a 30D. I was last year too...
I don't see the problem with going to buy some underwear. 12 year olds need bras too. My mom started buying them for me when I was in 4th grade.

I would shop at VS if the prices weren't so outrageous. Their merchandise is well made, so I can see why other people would want to shop there. If you need something and can afford it, why not buy it, right?

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I don't see anything wrong with 12 year olds buying lingerie for themselves... It's just underwear. neutral

Newbie Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Junior Trader 100
Perhaps they just wanted to buy some undies. I dont see it as that big of a deal, I used to go into victoria's secret at that age as well they have good stuff there. Maybe they were buying a gift for their mom or something. Or maybe they are having sex at that age and are shoping for their boyfriends, it may sound a bit out there but it does happen.

If mom is trying on underwear for her husband than it may be important for an special occasion and she may need his opinion on it. If the kid is only three years old they are probably just there because their parrents couldnt get a sitter or something. Plus I doubt the kid was thinking anything more than 'ooohhh shiney' or 'mommy looks like a princess' or something like that. The kid probably wont even remember it later on in life.
Yes, I am only 13 (and a 36C or D depending on the store), and I have a few bras from there. Not the lacy, lingerie stuff, but just some good, cute ones. I mean, I had to buy my first bra when I was in like, 4th grade.
Cupcakes and Werewolves
More than a few twelve year olds are sexually active.

More than a few twelve year olds have parents that don't care.

They look young, but they're not stupid. It's easier that most people realize to fool someone when you're that age. Things can come to you quite easily and effortlessly.

I say if they want to wear skimpy lingerie, let them. It's not anyone else's issue. Furthermore it's not surpising in our society. We market sexuality. Of course kids are going to want to get in on it. Plus, most of those "twelve" year olds go in for the Pink stuff, the fragrances, the lip gloss, and perhaps the occasional well made bra. I mean. If you're pubescent you're going to need one- why not get one that is made well? Denying kids the access to this stuff isn't going to solve much. They're going to find other ways to get it or they're going to have whatever sex they've been having anyway.

Except that it is illegal for them to have sex, and it is dangerous for them to become pregnant. It is illegal for a reason.

Until it is not illegal, it is in fact anyone else's issue.

Also, it may be easy to fool people at that age, but I would contest that it is easier to be fooled and manipulated. I believe that there are probably very mature 12 year olds out there, but it seems unlikely that they make up the majority of the ones who have sex. In general, 12 year olds who are having sex are being taken advantage of and should be protected.

Underware is underware, and sex is alluring, but if 12 year olds are having sex or are in sexual relationships, they need help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff