Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sounds vaguely like what I was doing at 12, except with me, it was at Spencers. XD

I guess it's kinda messed up, but I have a very very laid back view about life. If they're not actually showing off to guys(or girls, if they sway that way) in said lingerie, then what's the problem? They're just having fun, and trying to feel a bit grown up.
...Though said kids will probably wind up as sluts later in life. But that would probably wind up happening anyway...
le twiggy
So the other day I was at Victorias Secret picking out lotions because I love the lotions they sell there. Also their bras are very comfortable.
I saw two things there that disturbed me: 12 year olds picking out lingerie for themselves
AND
A Wife, husband and what looked like three year old daughter in their. The mother was trying on skimpy outfits while the father and daughter watched.
So discuss similar disturbing experiences at Victorias secret or other lingerie stories.

edit because people are failing to read the other posts before posting:
I am talking about the LINGERIE, the coset/bustier like things and the extremely lacey underwear.
I am not talking about: regular bras (though most 12 year olds don't have anything), regular underwear or even a basic thong, the pink items, the pjs, or the lotions.

As to bustiers for 12 year olds..it's like dress-up. It's not that horrible. I can't imagine that their parents would actually purchase them for their child.

Also, parents have sex too.

It's not that horrible either.
I see the problem if they're actually buying corsets and like, feathery frippered fancies and things like that. Well, if they were just trying them on, that's fine. I mean, like someone said before me, that's just dress up. But buying them, and talking about showing the lingerie to their boyfriends? That's not right. Assuming that they were actually serious, however. My friends and I will sometimes say outrageous things like that (well, not *exactly* like that) just for the freak-out factor.

As far as being afraid of VS...I don't get that at all. I've been shopping there since I was around 11, so I dont see what the problem is.
gross. i'm 16 and i don't even go in there. i like to get nice looking bras for less =]
Our society sells sex, so all girls know and see everyday is this. dress this way and you'll be happy and have friends. Plus kids are having sex at a very young age now. all the more reason for them to have sexy underwear. It really makes me sick. I blame parents and Advertisement. scream
I don't see what's wrong with that at all. :/

Myself being 12, I don't see the need of them picking out lingerie's unless they were about to whore themselves out to some guy. o_o

That's a bit disturbing.

But yes, people these days are wild. From my point of view that is.

I would never try on one, in front of my 3 yr old child.
D:

Oh a bit off topic;

Now days, most 12 year old do have things there. D: At least here were I live. xP

For some reason, I am reminded of the time a mother took her eleven year old daughter into Victoria's Secret and asked one of the girls who worked there, "Do you sell training bras?" I swear I just stood there with this "wtf?" expression on my face. I don't think Victoria's Secret is the best place to buy your kid's training bras from. But hey, it's her money.
& yeah, the idea of twelve year olds buying lingerie is disturbing to me. Simply because, I don't think kids that young should be shopping there. I mean, s**t, I didn't start shopping there until I was a Junior in high school.

Shameless Fatcat

mathysta
Masturbating_Rot_Crow
I'm actually 20, but my very first bras came from VS so that I could be properly fitted.
And to the poster above, I agree. No one's buying anything and they're just looking at the stuff and giggling or thinking about how they'll wear it when they're older, and there's no harm in that.
-------i started shopping for bras in 4th grade-------im 13 and a B cup--------------i have my own tast and oppinions and u have yours---o.k.?-----im not saying that shopping at vs is wrong---but in buying lotions and that stuff------------my mom probebly wouldnt even let me enter that store anyways----so can you get off my back on this---i was just agreeing with that girl-----you dont have to correct me and that crap---its just my opinion-------so would you stop already?

Woah, where did this animosity come from? I wasn't "giving you crap". I was having a conversation! Don't you ever talk to people who see things differently? Variety is the spice of life.

Shameless Fatcat

[Dreaming of Silver Sky]
For some reason, I am reminded of the time a mother took her eleven year old daughter into Victoria's Secret and asked one of the girls who worked there, "Do you sell training bras?" I swear I just stood there with this "wtf?" expression on my face. I don't think Victoria's Secret is the best place to buy your kid's training bras from. But hey, it's her money.
& yeah, the idea of twelve year olds buying lingerie is disturbing to me. Simply because, I don't think kids that young should be shopping there. I mean, s**t, I didn't start shopping there until I was a Junior in high school.
Why is VS a bad place for traning bras? I don't get where that logic is comming from.
Could you elaborate?
ok thwn.... sweatdrop
like, eww children do NOT belong in there!!
thats disurbing and gross mrgreen I think thats very disurbing wahmbulance
Well then.
I guess that's a just another piece of proof on how sexually driven our society is nowadays.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff