Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Informer

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
Raivis of Riga
I'm just not big on skits in general. ninja
Although I do have to remind myself occasionally "******** the haters I do what I want"

This = best skit ever~

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

I joke about becoming one with my Russia. But, that's only because I claimed her as my mother clear back in High School so the joke has a double meaning.

I'm tired of the HAHA FATASS AMERICA joke. Dude it was funny the first 20572057207206 times. But, I really am so tired of it screamed. Or I'M THE HERO! I heard that god knows how many times :'( it's cool and all. Or Iggybrows. But, like yall said before me moderation is key. And, when it's done in good tastes.
Sai X Kaitou
Raivis of Riga
I'm just not big on skits in general. ninja
Although I do have to remind myself occasionally "******** the haters I do what I want"

This = best skit ever~

I remember that one. It's not bad.

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Raivis of Riga
Has anyone ever been wrongly identified as one of the less than respectable fans?
On one forum someone accused me of being "part of the problem with the fandom" because I don't write fanfiction of historical events. How dare I? o_O It's not like I write smut. I mostly just write short little things that are just moments in the characters' lives. I focus more on the human aspects of the characters, their thoughts and emotions, than on their identity as countries. And these people didn't approve and insisted that anything Hetalia-related should have to do with history. But, knowing me, I'd get the history wrong anyway. And I like the characters, as people.

The same with me! Especially since I'm always scared I'll get an important detail wrong.

Anyway, as for me, my favorite characters are N.Italy, China, Belarus, Sweden, and some others. Truthfully, I love them all. heart

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

I haven't been singled out for fanfiction becuase I don't write. I have been singled out because I cosplay from the series.

Which, makes it just as bad.
Delicate Lotus
Raivis of Riga
Has anyone ever been wrongly identified as one of the less than respectable fans?
On one forum someone accused me of being "part of the problem with the fandom" because I don't write fanfiction of historical events. How dare I? o_O It's not like I write smut. I mostly just write short little things that are just moments in the characters' lives. I focus more on the human aspects of the characters, their thoughts and emotions, than on their identity as countries. And these people didn't approve and insisted that anything Hetalia-related should have to do with history. But, knowing me, I'd get the history wrong anyway. And I like the characters, as people.

The same with me! Especially since I'm always scared I'll get an important detail wrong.

Anyway, as for me, my favorite characters are N.Italy, China, Belarus, Sweden, and some others. Truthfully, I love them all. heart

Haaaa yeah... I've written two fics that have some historical references, and realized shortly after uploading them that they were wrong. Nobody noticed though, because nobody cares about Latvia's history. v_v I could probably write a bullshit historical fic about him and everyone would just be like "Oh, I didn't know that, how interesting." xp

Booberry Muffins
I haven't been singled out for fanfiction becuase I don't write. I have been singled out because I cosplay from the series.

Which, makes it just as bad.

Depending on why, it might make it worse. Did they have a problem with your costume, or did they just assume that anyone cosplaying it was one of those fans?

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga

One of those fans. After the planking incident at Motaku a lot of Hetafans are being singled out as really stupid people here in Kansas.

There are some intelligent ones. My group of friends don't run around raping other countries or anything of the sort. sad

I make my own costumes and get decent material so wink I am a pretty good cosplayer.
Booberry Muffins
Raivis of Riga

One of those fans. After the planking incident at Motaku a lot of Hetafans are being singled out as really stupid people here in Kansas.

There are some intelligent ones. My group of friends don't run around raping other countries or anything of the sort. sad

I make my own costumes and get decent material so wink I am a pretty good cosplayer.

Planking incident?

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga

I wasn't there but I know people who were. A group of rabid Hetalia fans planked in the elevator so most normal people were stuck waiting for a long time. Said group of idiots video taped this and posted it on youtube.

Where, it got out and us normal Hetalia fans went off on them. Said rabid fans got butthurt and took said video down. Not until it further helped tarnish what little decent reputation this fanbase has.
Booberry Muffins
Raivis of Riga

I wasn't there but I know people who were. A group of rabid Hetalia fans planked in the elevator so most normal people were stuck waiting for a long time. Said group of idiots video taped this and posted it on youtube.

Where, it got out and us normal Hetalia fans went off on them. Said rabid fans got butthurt and took said video down. Not until it further helped tarnish what little decent reputation this fanbase has.

*facepalm*
So, because a few dipshits in Hetalia cosplay ******** around with an elevator, we all get judged for it? Not cool.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga

Tends to be how the majority of the judging of our fanbase works.

I have been nagged at before though becuase I refuse to cosplay as America with the "50" on my jacket.

Which, even in WWII it was inaccurate. But, this is another rant for another...ah screw it.

Most America cosplayers unless they are doing a recent America as in POST 1950's would be historically inaccurate! And, that honestly peeves me about people that get so uppity about the 50 on his jacket because if you ARE cosplaying as Allies!Alfred without the 50 is correct.

If they wanted it that way it would be "48" because Arizona became a state in 1912 the last two which was Hawaii and Alaska were not admitted into the Union until 1959.

Therefore the next person that rags on me for the refusal of the 50 on the back can have my foot up their butt.

And, if they try to glomp me because they think my son is a doll and OMG AMERICA WITH A CHIBI!AMERICA....I shall send them down a flight of stairs

/crazypersonsrantover.
Booberry Muffins

I do not blame you.
If someone tried to glomp me while I was holding my baby (if had a baby), I'd be picking their teeth out of my boot.

I just hate that we get so much s**t over something A FEW fans do. And I know people will say "It's most of the fandom!" I don't think so. It's the loudest part of the fandom, not the biggest part. You just notice them more because they bring more attention to themselves.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga

Sadly, I will have to disagree with you on that aspect. Maybe it's a personal preference but most of the Hetafans I meet are that rabid insane fanbase that give us the bad name.

Unfortunately, I meet the crazies more than the sane ones. But, a lot of the sane fanbase has long since stopped admitting openly they like the series in fear of being lumped in with the rest of them.

As for my son haha I would momma rage and have >;] I do not take kindly to glomps in general.

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
i used to call Hetalia lame since I heard some people say it is. then I am finally fed up with all my friends and their Hetalia statuses and finally tried to watch it. Then at first it felt awkward, and secondly, found out that it was the fun type of random. and that there were a lot of cute guys there i realized that most (maybe some) people who thought Hetalia was lame and stupid would be the ones who never tried it(probably some of them just really don't like the fact that world war 2 would be a comedy anime series)...

Germany and Canada and Poland. c: Oh and sweden o:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces