• Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
thankyou very much^^ already dub in the summer?? when did season 5 come out again
Oh wow...quite some time ago. Like....January 2013. You're WAAAAAAAY behind, friend.

wink Also, you're always welcome to come visit us in Canada. <3

Important Info

1. Volume 6 of the manga has been translated and will be available starting May 16th. It is currently available for pre-order with Rightstuf.

2. The dubbed version of Hetalia: The Beautiful World (season five) will be released July 22nd. It is also available for pre-order right now with Rightstuf.

Let me love you forever for telling me.
Wow a little over a year.
I want to go to canada one day
And see as much as I can
You'd better pack a lot of suitcases then because we're a BIG country. The best way to see Canada is by train without a doubt. heart

You can probably find various episodes subbed on Tumblr.

I thought of the song Canada is really big^^ ive never been on a train. That would be fun. Mzybe not tomorrow or next week....butone day!!
Haha. The Arrogant Worms. They've got a lot of great Canada songs. My favourite is "I Am Not American".

One day I hope to go across Canada by train too. <3 Gunna be fun! ;-; Can't wait to see the picturesque Rockies in B.C.

cant forget when Canada rules the world

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover

And see as much as I can
You'd better pack a lot of suitcases then because we're a BIG country. The best way to see Canada is by train without a doubt. heart

I thought of the song Canada is really big^^ ive never been on a train. That would be fun. Mzybe not tomorrow or next week....butone day!!
Haha. The Arrogant Worms. They've got a lot of great Canada songs. My favourite is "I Am Not American".

One day I hope to go across Canada by train too. <3 Gunna be fun! ;-; Can't wait to see the picturesque Rockies in B.C.

= 3 They have a lot of good songs. There was one by rapper Classified called "Oh Canada" that was played quite a bit during the Vancouver Olympics back in 2010.

<.<;; Let's try not to get too sidetracked though, this IS an Hetalia thread.

Friendly Giver

19,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover
Prodigious_girl
insane chocolatelover

And see as much as I can

= 3 They have a lot of good songs. There was one by rapper Classified called "Oh Canada" that was played quite a bit during the Vancouver Olympics back in 2010.

<.<;; Let's try not to get too sidetracked though, this IS an Hetalia thread.

yes yes that is right. But at the moment my laptop is messing up andusing a friend tablet. So I will cotinue another day soon

1uxure's Prince

Heroic Hero

9,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Generous 100
Can I post in here is that alright? If so, yo!!!

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Radical Knight
No, you can't. XD LOL, just kidding!! New guests are ALWAYS welcome!!

Tell us a little about yourself and your Hetalia experience. When did you get into the series and how? What do you like/dislike about it? Did it spark your interest in history (or were you already a history nut like me before you saw the show)? Any particular time period that interests you?

1uxure's Prince

Heroic Hero

9,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Generous 100
Prodigious_girl
Radical Knight

Tell us a little about yourself and your Hetalia experience. When did you get into the series and how? What do you like/dislike about it? Did it spark your interest in history (or were you already a history nut like me before you saw the show)? Any particular time period that interests you?

I got into Hetalia early last year, scratch that the summer before last year. 12-13. I like most of the fandom, I have only met wonderful folks, but I have heard horror stories on bad mannered fans. I had already liked history, but I sucked at geography. I am better at it now, and I cannot help but to think that it wasn't coincidental. Personally I really like the renaissance.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Radical Knight
Prodigious_girl
Radical Knight

I got into Hetalia early last year, scratch that the summer before last year. 12-13. I like most of the fandom, I have only met wonderful folks, but I have heard horror stories on bad mannered fans. I had already liked history, but I sucked at geography. I am better at it now, and I cannot help but to think that it wasn't coincidental. Personally I really like the renaissance.
XD That's okay, Geography isn't my best subject either but what's really fun is when you can learn about the histories of different countries and make comparison timelines...like knowing that Canadian and American soldiers are fighting each other in the War of 1812 while the French under Napoleon are attempting to invade Russia. 8 / But sometimes there are things you uncover that make your skin crawl...like when you find the guys you thought were "the good guys" did the stuff that inspired "the bad guys" ...like Lord Kitchener of the British Empire creating the concept of concentration camps to be used against the Dutch Afrikaners during the Boer War only to find them being used against the Jews, Slavs, etc by the Germans in WWII or Canada's participation in helping the U.S. build the deadly atomic bombs (technology that eventually helped India and Pakistan build their own bombs by using plutonium from the reactors Canada donated to them through goodwill programs meant to help with their need for energy).

The renaissance is fun, I guess. XD The legends and lore surrounding alchemy are interesting.

I'm just into Canadian history. XD

Speaking of which, the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Empress of Ireland is next week. More people died in this ocean liner crash than the Titanic. 8 / It's kind of scary to think of how many dead bodies must be hidden in the St. Lawrence.

1uxure's Prince

Heroic Hero

9,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Generous 100
Prodigious_girl
Radical Knight
Prodigious_girl
Radical Knight

XD That's okay, Geography isn't my best subject either but what's really fun is when you can learn about the histories of different countries and make comparison timelines...like knowing that Canadian and American soldiers are fighting each other in the War of 1812 while the French under Napoleon are attempting to invade Russia. 8 / But sometimes there are things you uncover that make your skin crawl...like when you find the guys you thought were "the good guys" did the stuff that inspired "the bad guys" ...like Lord Kitchener of the British Empire creating the concept of concentration camps to be used against the Dutch Afrikaners during the Boer War only to find them being used against the Jews, Slavs, etc by the Germans in WWII or Canada's participation in helping the U.S. build the deadly atomic bombs (technology that eventually helped India and Pakistan build their own bombs by using plutonium from the reactors Canada donated to them through goodwill programs meant to help with their need for energy).

The renaissance is fun, I guess. XD The legends and lore surrounding alchemy are interesting.

Speaking of which, the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Empress of Ireland is next week. More people died in this ocean liner crash than the Titanic. 8 / It's kind of scary to think of how many dead bodies must be hidden in the St. Lawrence.

That is kinda spooky

Heart Consumer

Hey everyone, how y'all doing? whee
piiza prince
Hey everyone, how y'all doing? whee

Absolutely wunderbar darlin', thanks to this lovely fandom heart heart heart was scared this thread died
From the looks of it, everyone was just having a discussion on their fandom experiences, personal interests, and history (naturally), so why not join in~??

Heart Consumer

ChibiChurros
Eheheh, oh so glad to hear that. whee
And aaa but it looks like everyone is already really far in their conversations aaa idkk, I'll try though. gonk
Prodigious_girl
Radical Knight
Prodigious_girl
Radical Knight

Comparing timelines is actually like the BEST THING but i can't remember anything interesting to share emo . Though the only thing worse than "the good guys" inspiring "the bad guys", is finding some of the stuff those "good guys" did even within their own borders. Even Canada has had things like residential schools and the Japanese internment... and whatever the heck the anglophone Canadians did to make Québec hate us. sweatdrop
And yet there are touching moments too; during the Christmas truce of WWI, soldiers from both sides sang "Silent Night" together, because it was the only carol the English-, French-, and German-speaking troops all knew. Amazing how music transcends language barriers, hm?

As much as I love the history, I'm surprised the culture gets overlooked as much as it does. I'm assuming it's generally a much difficult topic to cover, though I personally find it even more interesting than history.

On a completely different subject... is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of Canadians here~???
piiza prince
Eheheh, oh so glad to hear that. whee
And aaa but it looks like everyone is already really far in their conversations aaa idkk, I'll try though. gonk

ssssshh don't wait, just jump in~ That's the beauty of online forums wink

Heart Consumer

Kinkaede
Hey, thread no0b here ahah...and to answer your first question, my favorite irl country would be Canada....I suppose they've got their s**t together the most. sweatdrop
My favorite hetalia characters are Canada and America, so I guess that's close ahah....though I don't support the country America very much. Too into it's militarism and it's pretty invasive for a once-neutral country. rolleyes Though really, it's not like Russia or anything.
And ahah, casting? I have no idea, to be honest. Despite my dad's love for movies, I'm not too up to date with celebrities... sweatdrop

Sparkling Star

6,900 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
piiza prince
Kinkaede
Hey, thread no0b here ahah...and to answer your first question, my favorite irl country would be Canada....I suppose they've got their s**t together the most. sweatdrop
My favorite hetalia characters are Canada and America, so I guess that's close ahah....though I don't support the country America very much. Too into it's militarism and it's pretty invasive for a once-neutral country. rolleyes Though really, it's not like Russia or anything.
And ahah, casting? I have no idea, to be honest. Despite my dad's love for movies, I'm not too up to date with celebrities... sweatdrop

My opinion on 'murrica is the same even though I live there. But to be honest, my state would much rather be part of Canadia. We pretty much are Canada, after all... sweatdrop (I live in Montana.)

Me neither, I actually seldom watch movies. I don't know how I find people but I just do cause I actually have a lot in a folder. Most of them are models though. xD

For example. Annemarie Kuus would be a perfect Liechtenstein imo. Dima Sedgwick is my headcanon Finland. Although just have him be a little more pudgy/soft muscles.

Imo it's fun to do dreamcasting~ Really hard sometimes, too. Sweden is my favorite character yet after all these years I still can't find someone who fits my idea of what he'd look like. orz;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff