Welcome to Gaia! ::

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

OK, for the ones that say Japan never gets made fun of.

Axis Powers: Season 1 Episode 4 Italy is flirting with a bunch of Japanese girls.

All the sudden an elder comes along and screams IMPROPER. >.< seriously.

Then when Japan is talking to Italy in the hot tubs.

Italy is trying to get Japan to shrink him then I just laughed because he asked Japan why he didn't grow.

"Japanese show not grow."

How is this NOT making fun of the Japanese.
Booberry Muffins
OK, for the ones that say Japan never gets made fun of.

Axis Powers: Season 1 Episode 4 Italy is flirting with a bunch of Japanese girls.

All the sudden an elder comes along and screams IMPROPER. >.< seriously.

Then when Japan is talking to Italy in the hot tubs.

Italy is trying to get Japan to shrink him then I just laughed because he asked Japan why he didn't grow.

"Japanese show not grow."

How is this NOT making fun of the Japanese.

Like I said, small p***s joke in episode four, their argument is invalid. talk2hand

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga

:p hey I was half asleep when I typed that. He also jokes in eps 15 but I can't remember what since I slept since then.
Er, who was it who was going to AWA? I won't be there, sorry. No Latvia protection for you.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Not me but I know quite a few who are.

Lucky bastards

I need a new bomber jacket but I can't find the right pattern.

I'm still trying to decide which STYLE of bomber jacket Alfred really has.

In the series it's honestly two different time periods than the one he wore in the movie.

Ruthless Raider

15,150 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I gotta say I actually like hetalia. When I first heard of it and even saw it I was like, "What is this crap?" But then I really got into it. Main qualms with it is the fact that sometimes I think its forgets what plot is and its too damn short! half of the episode is the opening and closing. I would love it if they had 30 min. episodes. Also, since there are so many characters it doesn't always give enough time to everyones favorite characters, who ever that might be.

Dapper Pup

Dargreth
I gotta say I actually like hetalia. When I first heard of it and even saw it I was like, "What is this crap?" But then I really got into it. Main qualms with it is the fact that sometimes I think its forgets what plot is and its too damn short! half of the episode is the opening and closing. I would love it if they had 30 min. episodes. Also, since there are so many characters it doesn't always give enough time to everyones favorite characters, who ever that might be.
User Image

Ehh, I guess the fact that it's based off a webcomic is what makes it so short.
User Image

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

I actually like it becuase it is short. And, it can make it easier to just throw the webcomic in. I mean to me it would be a lot harder to cram 30 minutes of a maybe 10 panel comic at a time. It would honestly start to loose what the creator had for it.

But, that's just me. And, I have a short attention span.
I think it would be cool to do a sort of... spin off? Same basic concept, but more serious and more history-oriented. But considering people take the short silly comedy too seriously, something tells me they wouldn't be able to handle it if it was actually meant to be taken seriously...

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

No, please, no. I would hate to see a spin off. As bad as it is already. It would probably cause even more rifts in the fandom. Then it would end up the super spazzies vs the intelligent fans and then people would start crying that they made it TOO history orientated.

On top of that if they did that. Then it would be OMG WHY DID YOU MAKE AN ANIMU ABOUT [insert something in history here].

Say, the atom bomb. Or Pearl Harbor. Even if it was LIGHTLY touched. SOMEONE would take it too far.

Or some country would get pissy that "they were made out incorrectly" (I'm looking at you Korea) because lord knows some countries don't want their history talked about. Or it's "always wrong."
Booberry Muffins
No, please, no. I would hate to see a spin off. As bad as it is already. It would probably cause even more rifts in the fandom. Then it would end up the super spazzies vs the intelligent fans and then people would start crying that they made it TOO history orientated.

On top of that if they did that. Then it would be OMG WHY DID YOU MAKE AN ANIMU ABOUT [insert something in history here].

Say, the atom bomb. Or Pearl Harbor. Even if it was LIGHTLY touched. SOMEONE would take it too far.

Or some country would get pissy that "they were made out incorrectly" (I'm looking at you Korea) because lord knows some countries don't want their history talked about. Or it's "always wrong."
Like I said, I don't think the general public would be able to handle it. But to me, personally, it seems like a cool idea. Ah, but I guess that's what fanfiction is for...

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga

I personally find the web comic to be a bit more serious anyway. But, also, that could be just me. And, it's honestly sad I've gotten into a tumblr debate with someone before (though they were actually intelligent enough to carry on the debate with valid points instead of OMG LIK ___________) that the anime came first. And, sadly, that was the argument.

Or, the Hetalia fans that don't even know there IS a web comic. I'm not knocking those guys but I honestly and still do to this day prefer the comic over the anime. Not that they both aren't amazing. I just find more sarcasm and satire in the web comic.

Egotistic God's Prince

Skilled Browser

User Image

Its So Loud Inside My Head...
♫♪rawr♪♫
emotion_awesome

With Words That I Should Have Said
Booberry Muffins
Raivis of Riga

I personally find the web comic to be a bit more serious anyway. But, also, that could be just me. And, it's honestly sad I've gotten into a tumblr debate with someone before (though they were actually intelligent enough to carry on the debate with valid points instead of OMG LIK ___________) that the anime came first. And, sadly, that was the argument.

Or, the Hetalia fans that don't even know there IS a web comic. I'm not knocking those guys but I honestly and still do to this day prefer the comic over the anime. Not that they both aren't amazing. I just find more sarcasm and satire in the web comic.

But... the comic came first... And I think the manga was second, though I won't swear to that...
As to comic vs anime, it depends on the bit. Some things I liked better in the anime, some things I don't think transferred over well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff