Welcome to Gaia! ::

Booberry Muffins

The amount of people that was like "Why is America with an alien?" Though....oh lordy....Tony is awesome!

Because the aliens like us best! talk2hand
Ah, yes, everyone gets made fun of. Which is why I get so frustrated about S. Korea. It's like, dammit Korea! Quit being a little b***h and take it like the rest of the world! razz

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
aviatea
Leader of the Penguins
Raivis of Riga
As I've pointed out before: Our fans are technically no worse than any other fans in the world of anime. Our subject material is just more sensitive, therefore some of the dumb s**t they do is amplified, from "That's dumb" to "That's offensive!"

One thing I've seen a lot of rage over is "shipping". Not shipping wars, just rage over the fact that people would dare ship them at all. "You don't ship countries!" Of course not. I wouldn't point to a map and say "Those two. They're so hot together. ;o " But I will ship characters (although not usually for the "they're hot" reason). As I've tried to explain to these people (and I'll use my own favorite pairing), don't look at them as Russia and Latvia, the countries. Look at them as Ivan and Raivis, two regular guys who happen to be from those countries. As I've said, I focus more on the human aspect of the characters. It makes me think of a song. "I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does."

please not bring up the USUK FRUK thing again emotion_donotwant

What's the 'USUK FRUK thing'? Something specific that happened or just the 'shipping war' in general?

I see a lot of arguing pass between fans of one pairing (well, multiple pairings, really) and fans of the other, but it's all just incredibly silly. I mean, it's one thing for a pairing not to be your cup of tea, but to harbor so much hatred for it as well as its fans? That's just ridiculous.

People (not just FrUk fans) have refused to talk to me just because I'm a Joker fan and that can really hurt. I just don't see why anyone would want to act like that, especially over a fictional relationship. It doesn't make you a superior fan, like so many seem to think.

a few months ago on Gaia, the was a "shipping war" between FRUK and USUK. There were threads for each pairing and they two sides bashed each other.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga
Booberry Muffins

The amount of people that was like "Why is America with an alien?" Though....oh lordy....Tony is awesome!

Because the aliens like us best! talk2hand
Ah, yes, everyone gets made fun of. Which is why I get so frustrated about S. Korea. It's like, dammit Korea! Quit being a little b***h and take it like the rest of the world! razz

I thought it was North Korea that was being a whiny little b***h about it. Not a huge fan of Korea so I never really checked.

@ Twin Was I hiding from the A/M/C at this time and lolpeoplewhocan'tgetoverdifferentships.

I disagree with half my friends ships. But, it's not my place to weeaboo it up and be like LOLUBWRONGZ

Friendly Informer

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
Leader of the Penguins
aviatea
Leader of the Penguins
Raivis of Riga
As I've pointed out before: Our fans are technically no worse than any other fans in the world of anime. Our subject material is just more sensitive, therefore some of the dumb s**t they do is amplified, from "That's dumb" to "That's offensive!"

One thing I've seen a lot of rage over is "shipping". Not shipping wars, just rage over the fact that people would dare ship them at all. "You don't ship countries!" Of course not. I wouldn't point to a map and say "Those two. They're so hot together. ;o " But I will ship characters (although not usually for the "they're hot" reason). As I've tried to explain to these people (and I'll use my own favorite pairing), don't look at them as Russia and Latvia, the countries. Look at them as Ivan and Raivis, two regular guys who happen to be from those countries. As I've said, I focus more on the human aspect of the characters. It makes me think of a song. "I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does."

What's the 'USUK FRUK thing'? Something specific that happened or just the 'shipping war' in general?

I see a lot of arguing pass between fans of one pairing (well, multiple pairings, really) and fans of the other, but it's all just incredibly silly. I mean, it's one thing for a pairing not to be your cup of tea, but to harbor so much hatred for it as well as its fans? That's just ridiculous.

People (not just FrUk fans) have refused to talk to me just because I'm a Joker fan and that can really hurt. I just don't see why anyone would want to act like that, especially over a fictional relationship. It doesn't make you a superior fan, like so many seem to think.

a few months ago on Gaia, the was a "shipping war" between FRUK and USUK. There were threads for each pairing and they two sides bashed each other.

I think I remember that one...
It was pretty ridiculous. Personally, I like both FrUK and USUK...
Well, actually, I'll ship anything from the series if it looks good. Guilty as charged. emo
I started cosplaying again. :'D

Friendly Informer

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
aviatea

@Sai - Who're you cosplaying? :'D

Oops. I didn't mean in real life. I meant on gaia lol.
The awesome Prussia~

Friendly Informer

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
aviatea

LOL Oops, my bad.

I love your Prussia cosplay regardless. xD;;

Thank you. <3

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
aviatea
Leader of the Penguins
aviatea
Leader of the Penguins
Raivis of Riga

Oh, wow, really? I'm glad I wasn't here for that. ._.

@Sai - Who're you cosplaying? :'D

I'm a little upset because my Arthur cosplay has been put on hold for another con because of money and clothing issues, but I'm hoping I can still pull off an easier Matthew cosplay for AWA this weekend. It'll be a stretch, though...

Also
I was the dork who got second place in the avi arena in August 2010 with China.
Ugh, cosplay... My friend, who treats me like a child because I don't have a job (not for lack of trying) is always bitching because "Oh my god, I don't have enough money for this costume, and I'll never get this one done, and this one looks like crap, and how am I gonna pay for the con?" Well you shouldn't have planned five ******** costumes for one con! stressed
I just want one. One costume. I wanna be Latvia, the character I took my name from. Not Every Hetalia Character Ever plus some Disney. Just Latvia. And I can't even go to the ******** con...

I'm sorry, I'm in the middle of a breakdown, here have a video.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

I guess I lucked out being one of the only ones that knows how to sew sad my mother flat out told me if I wanted to wear 5 costumes to every con (which it's honestly starting to get that bad) that I was making them myself. Now I have costumes I wear from previous years so they don't go to waste on top of at least making 1-2 new ones each year.

I need to redo my Allies!America. I just didn't like how it turned out might as well scrap it and start over because I found better material.

Also, I want to do Fem!England wearing normal Iggy clothing. It would just amuse me.
Booberry Muffins
I guess I lucked out being one of the only ones that knows how to sew sad my mother flat out told me if I wanted to wear 5 costumes to every con (which it's honestly starting to get that bad) that I was making them myself. Now I have costumes I wear from previous years so they don't go to waste on top of at least making 1-2 new ones each year.

I need to redo my Allies!America. I just didn't like how it turned out might as well scrap it and start over because I found better material.

Also, I want to do Fem!England wearing normal Iggy clothing. It would just amuse me.

I've never understood doing that. If I like being a character and wearing their clothes, I'd like to do it the entire con. I just feel like changing costume so many times, you don't get to fully enjoy them. But maybe that's just me.
Then again, I typically cosplay characters I want to BE. ninja

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

Raivis of Riga
Booberry Muffins

I've never understood doing that. If I like being a character and wearing their clothes, I'd like to do it the entire con. I just feel like changing costume so many times, you don't get to fully enjoy them. But maybe that's just me.
Then again, I typically cosplay characters I want to BE. ninja

I go to more than one con a year plus meetups with friends where we cosplay at things. So my costumes do get wear on them. razz

This year is the first year I've done more than two a con. Because, my moronic self doesn't know how to tell a person NO and said I would do at least 5 different cosplay groups between the span of the three conventions I'm going to be at.

At least I have a Canadia for Tokyo in Tulsa :] and an England for Naka-Kon.

Both whom I met on Gaia. Thank you oh great Gaia...for helping me find crazy people to cosplay with me!

Sexy Duck

Okami Attorney
Nathan Angelo
oh come on, admit it, for all the fanbase of big animes/mangas, SHIPPING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS....
SO YEAH,,,
User Image

Though I think there are some fandoms that take shipping a bit more seriously than this one *cough*Homestuck*cough*

And on the subject of shipping: I love SeaLat. Because they're really cute together in several ways. ;o;

Shipping wars are really stupid and being so frustrated by a pairing you don't like that you can't function properly is hardly ever a good thing. But I guess it is fun to watch them get mad over it..
User Image

i constantly have shipping wars with my brother, i'm a Prussia/Austria fan, he is a Spain/Austria fan
so yeah, its fun,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces