Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kinkaede
piiza prince
Kinkaede

My opinion on 'murrica is the same even though I live there. But to be honest, my state would much rather be part of Canadia. We pretty much are Canada, after all... sweatdrop (I live in Montana.)

Me neither, I actually seldom watch movies. I don't know how I find people but I just do cause I actually have a lot in a folder. Most of them are models though. xD

For example. Annemarie Kuus would be a perfect Liechtenstein imo. Dima Sedgwick is my headcanon Finland. Although just have him be a little more pudgy/soft muscles.

Imo it's fun to do dreamcasting~ Really hard sometimes, too. Sweden is my favorite character yet after all these years I still can't find someone who fits my idea of what he'd look like. orz;;

UWEFLIWJWEL I HAVE NO IDEA WHO EITHER OF THESE PEOPLE ARE BUT THEY ARE THE REAL LIECHTENSTEIN AND FINLAND AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED.
Especially Finland. heart That is easily the prettiest boy I've ever seen
im RUSSIA cuz i love vodca XD i love russia soo much i have an accent > u<

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
ChibiChurros
piiza prince
Hey everyone, how y'all doing? whee

Absolutely wunderbar darlin', thanks to this lovely fandom heart heart heart was scared this thread died
From the looks of it, everyone was just having a discussion on their fandom experiences, personal interests, and history (naturally), so why not join in~??
This thread can never die...just quote me (or Misuki). <.<;; Not that it's my thread or anything...I've just become a warm body around here.

ChibiChurros
Comparing timelines is actually like the BEST THING but i can't remember anything interesting to share emo . Though the only thing worse than "the good guys" inspiring "the bad guys", is finding some of the stuff those "good guys" did even within their own borders. Even Canada has had things like residential schools and the Japanese internment... and whatever the heck the anglophone Canadians did to make Québec hate us. sweatdrop
And yet there are touching moments too; during the Christmas truce of WWI, soldiers from both sides sang "Silent Night" together, because it was the only carol the English-, French-, and German-speaking troops all knew. Amazing how music transcends language barriers, hm?

As much as I love the history, I'm surprised the culture gets overlooked as much as it does. I'm assuming it's generally a much difficult topic to cover, though I personally find it even more interesting than history.

On a completely different subject... is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of Canadians here~???
Let's see...what else can I think of...1867 - Canadian Confederation, First Wimbledon Tennis Championships, U.S. Civil War rages on, Japan is on it's last leg of the Shogunate system, Austro-Hungary Dual Monarchy created, the U.S. buys Alaska from Russia causing border disputes with Canada, Fenian Raids, etc.

Yeah, we have some pretty dark shadows in our history too. The residential schools are just the tip of the iceberg. = /

As for the French...ahhhhhhhhhhhh...that one's difficult. I mean, the British were actually really fair with the French when they took over...but of course, they had to be since they were bankrupt and the Americans were getting restless. If the French had rioted the British would've been kicked right out of the continent. Some Quebeckers just push things WAY too much...like they're totally unsatisfied unless everything can be done their way... = / That's not how a union works. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate Quebec in the slightest (it would greatly sadden me to see them separate)...but as the old saying goes "You need to give a little to get a little"...a good chunk of Quebecers (the middle aged ones I find) have twisted that logic to "since we're an historic minority you need to give a lot, and we'll give you much less". I mean, how many provinces kick and scream when someone uses a lesser language? Have you seen Ontarians freak out over someone speaking Punjab in public? Have you seen any British Columbians protest over a store in Vancouver posting a sign in Chinese? No... and yet, Quebec has an entire police force meant to enforce the usage of the French language. At least English is an official language of Canada...and yet... = /

Oh yes!! Hima definitely has to do more culture based themes!! I wanna see Canada play hockey!! (Ice) hockey has only been mentioned once and it was in a theme song for America. I know Hima did a "Hetalia School Newspaper" drama CD on sports but I have yet to hear it.

harryy osborn
Kinkaede
Hey, thread no0b here ahah...and to answer your first question, my favorite irl country would be Canada....I suppose they've got their s**t together the most. sweatdrop
My favorite hetalia characters are Canada and America, so I guess that's close ahah....though I don't support the country America very much. Too into it's militarism and it's pretty invasive for a once-neutral country. rolleyes Though really, it's not like Russia or anything.
And ahah, casting? I have no idea, to be honest. Despite my dad's love for movies, I'm not too up to date with celebrities... sweatdrop
Not like Russia, eh? XD Do you know how many military bases the U.S. has around the world? I mean, they have one in Germany...the Cold War ended two decades ago and they still have a base in Germany... = / Why? Because the States likes sticking it's nose in everyone's business...that's why.

= / I miss the days when the U.S. was neutral...or at least a third party meant to solve issues between two warring nations. All the (false) credit they were given in WWI went to their heads...well, that and being shown-up (militarily) by Britain's "colonies". XD Heh, heh, heh...

As for Canada having "his s**t together" I suggest you take a look at the current political scandals (and there are A LOT) all involving our selfish, arrogant, incompetent, etc Prime Minister. Then you tell me my country has it's "s**t together". Hopefully after 2015 we'll get ourselves back on the right track though unfortunately NONE of the politicians we have look fit to lead. = / Canada's glory days of peacekeeping, human rights, and tolerance are rapidly coming to an end.

Kinkaede
My opinion on 'murrica is the same even though I live there. But to be honest, my state would much rather be part of Canadia. We pretty much are Canada, after all... sweatdrop (I live in Montana.)
Montana, eh? You'll have to get in line after Turks and Caicos, Maine, the City of Detroit, lol. <.<;; Well, the first one is real.

Heart Consumer

Prodigious_girl

I don't think you understand what the cold war was. The cold war was basically tension between Russia and America, not Germany. That's more of a "don't start another world war you guys, gosh!", which I don't support. And hey, America isn't the one trying to rebuild the soviet union. :/

I'm anti-war, so yep, I would appreciate if the U.S. was still neutral. I'd also appreciate if you didn't interrupt others conversations for the sake of arguing....

Ahah, at least you don't have Obama. As much as I'd like to be a liberal, his shitty health care and gay marriage (which I support, btw) seem to be the only things he's got going for him. With a failing economy and soldiers still in Iraq, I don't appreciate him much.
You fellas, on the other hand, have an abundant supply of fresh water (which is much in demand), a better education system, and more jobs. But wow, a bad pope. That just darn stinks.

Please stay out of posts not concerning you in the future.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
harryy osborn
Prodigious_girl

I don't think you understand what the cold war was. The cold war was basically tension between Russia and America, not Germany. That's more of a "don't start another world war you guys, gosh!", which I don't support. And hey, America isn't the one trying to rebuild the soviet union. :/

I'm anti-war, so yep, I would appreciate if the U.S. was still neutral. I'd also appreciate if you didn't interrupt others conversations for the sake of arguing....

Ahah, at least you don't have Obama. As much as I'd like to be a liberal, his shitty health care and gay marriage (which I support, btw) seem to be the only things he's got going for him. With a failing economy and soldiers still in Iraq, I don't appreciate him much.
You fellas, on the other hand, have an abundant supply of fresh water (which is much in demand), a better education system, and more jobs. But wow, a bad pope. That just darn stinks.

Please stay out of posts not concerning you in the future.
I think there might be some serious misunderstanding between us.

First off, this is a public thread. People will post where they please, to whom they please. The whole POINT of this forum is to have discussions with people.

Secondly, I'll admit I came off very strong and perhaps you got the wrong impression of me. For that I apologize. My comment was not meant to be a criticizing one.

Also, when I posted about Germany and the U.S.A. it seems to me you thought I was suggesting Germany and the States fought each other in the Cold War. This is not what I said. I said that as the Cold War is now over there is no need for the U.S. to have a military base in Germany. When I said that I meant that Germany is now stable and no longer needs the U.S. at it's front door to defend it from Russia/the former U.S.S.R. Germany's history as a broken nation (East/West & the Berlin Wall) is well known. The U.S. maintained the base they created after WWII to protect Western Germany from the Soviets.

As a Canadian I can honestly tell you that Canadians would greatly prefer Obama to Harper. While we do understand that there have been some difficulties with Obama over the past few years we also believe he's no where near the evil that Harper is. I invite you to search different media outlets (ex. newspapers like The Calgary Herald or Toronto Star, tv news like CBC or Global, and Canadian content forums) so that you can see the distaste most Canadians have for our Prime Minister and why. You might be surprised what you find. We are aware that things could be a lot worse for us, but we're also aware that our government has never been this bad/corrupt before either.

Hopefully that helps fix things. Like I said, my original intent was not to offend. Since this thread is about Hetalia and not politics why not tell us what comic strip you'd like to see animated that has not yet been animated? I'd like to see the few ones Hima had done up with the animals of Hetalia in personified form. 8 3 It'd be interesting to see Human Kumajiro and Human Birdie (Gilbird).

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
^ Did you just say... animal personifications? biggrin

I would love to see a human version of Germany's dogs. I know he has at least three. Ducky and I have head-canoned which ones are older and younger. I imagine them causing all sorts of trouble.

I know you probably remember this, but...

I want Lithuania's Outsourcing to make it into animation. So. Bad. If that's like, the only familiar thing in the next anime season, I will be SO happy! I love that story!

I also want to see that comic strip where Prussia is telling one of his strategies. It turns out it's a plan he used to beat Austria, and he's bragging about Austria's defeat in front of him. XD

Sparkling Star

6,900 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I reread the 2013 (or was it the 2012 one???) Christmas Special for the hell of it to try and get my mind off a certain inevitable death of a certain character in another certain series.

It certainly did not work. gonk

Sparkling Star

6,900 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Misuki Marishima

I would love to see a human version of Germany's dogs. I know he has at least three. Ducky and I have head-canoned which ones are older and younger. I imagine them causing all sorts of trouble.

I want Lithuania's Outsourcing to make it into animation. So. Bad. If that's like, the only familiar thing in the next anime season, I will be SO happy! I love that story!

I also want to see that comic strip where Prussia is telling one of his strategies. It turns out it's a plan he used to beat Austria, and he's bragging about Austria's defeat in front of him. XD

OMG Lithuania's outsourcing. rofl I had to look up that strip but now I know which one it is. That needs to be animated pronto.

I really want Ladonia to make an appearance in the anime. ;; He's my babyyyyy.

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Misuki Marishima

Lithuania's Outsourcing is the one where Latvia nearly gets eaten by the sheep, right? Yeah...I'd love to see that one too.

Also, the mochi comic where the lettuce head convinces America to take over the world and Canada saves the day by eating the lettuce.

= / for whatever reason I can't find the comic where the animals of hetalia were personified. I found the mochi one though.

Part One
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Part Two
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wild Comrade

lXl Sad Prince IXI

wazzat? lol

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Those Mochitalia strips are hilarious! Oh geez, Mochi America. Why did you think your dad was a lettuce? >>

But at least Canada saved the day! ^^ Maple leaf flags for everyone, eh? heart

I really want to see more of Germany's childhood (as in actual child Germany, not ambiguous HRE), but that would need to have a comic strip before it makes it into the anime.

Otherworldly Assailant

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Partygoer 500
This fandom is still alive?
Wow, talk about resilence. Ghouls, radroaches, and super mutants have nothing on you guys...
lXl Sad Prince IXI

every Russia fanfic ever

Friendly Humorist

31,700 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Misuki Marishima
I really want to see more of Germany's childhood (as in actual child Germany, not ambiguous HRE), but that would need to have a comic strip before it makes it into the anime.
It would also mean acknowledging Germany isn't HRE, wouldn't it? Or...you mean like youthful-to-preteen Germany?

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Prodigious_girl
Misuki Marishima
It would also mean acknowledging Germany isn't HRE, wouldn't it? Or...you mean like youthful-to-preteen Germany?

I want what I just bolded. I would like to see Germany's life before he grew so tall and muscular. I want to see him as a legit small kid who's growing up fast (the way America kind of did.) Only instead of Prussia being surprised that hsi brother grew so much taller than him in his teenage years... he's extremely proud and always doting. XD

Although now that I think of it, Germany is younger than America. He was really young when he took up arms in WW I and WW II.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff