Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
Booberry Muffins
Raivis of Riga
Sadly, I will have to disagree with you on that aspect. Maybe it's a personal preference but most of the Hetafans I meet are that rabid insane fanbase that give us the bad name.

This. emotion_donotwant and I don't think I like all the yaoi fan art showing up on google images.
Booberry Muffins

I wasn't there but I know people who were. A group of rabid Hetalia fans planked in the elevator so most normal people were stuck waiting for a long time. Said group of idiots video taped this and posted it on youtube.

Where, it got out and us normal Hetalia fans went off on them. Said rabid fans got butthurt and took said video down. Not until it further helped tarnish what little decent reputation this fanbase has.

It's probably still not as bad as this one incident where some Germany cosplayers posed in front of a Holocaust memorial monument.

:/

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Raivis of Riga
Booberry Muffins
Raivis of Riga

I wasn't there but I know people who were. A group of rabid Hetalia fans planked in the elevator so most normal people were stuck waiting for a long time. Said group of idiots video taped this and posted it on youtube.

Where, it got out and us normal Hetalia fans went off on them. Said rabid fans got butthurt and took said video down. Not until it further helped tarnish what little decent reputation this fanbase has.

*facepalm*
So, because a few dipshits in Hetalia cosplay ******** around with an elevator, we all get judged for it? Not cool.

Sadly how hatedumb works. sad Apparently we're held responsible for the fans who are absolutely awful.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

-Soviet Titties

That, just disgusts me. Though, I'm sure some of the people that read this thread probably will snicker at this eventually.

I do remember seeing a parody music video some Hetalia cosplayers did from the UK it was actually a pretty good video.

But, the Fem!America had the flag hanging from her waist and was dragging it on the floor. The amount of rage and backlash from Americans....dear god I felt sorry for them.

In the UK they don't know that you can't or aren't supposed to drag our flag becuase it's desecrating it. I don't know not British but from what I understand it doesn't matter over there. They honestly didn't mean for it to harm or offend anyone.

sad there's lines that shouldn't be crossed. The Germany group did it in bad taste. The British people that did the music video...meant no harm therefore I saw no problem.

@ Tuna I honestly stopped caring about the Yoai fanart. It could be a lot worse and at least the Hetalia fanbase has some amazing fanart.
As I've pointed out before: Our fans are technically no worse than any other fans in the world of anime. Our subject material is just more sensitive, therefore some of the dumb s**t they do is amplified, from "That's dumb" to "That's offensive!"

One thing I've seen a lot of rage over is "shipping". Not shipping wars, just rage over the fact that people would dare ship them at all. "You don't ship countries!" Of course not. I wouldn't point to a map and say "Those two. They're so hot together. ;o " But I will ship characters (although not usually for the "they're hot" reason). As I've tried to explain to these people (and I'll use my own favorite pairing), don't look at them as Russia and Latvia, the countries. Look at them as Ivan and Raivis, two regular guys who happen to be from those countries. As I've said, I focus more on the human aspect of the characters. It makes me think of a song. "I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does."

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
Raivis of Riga
As I've pointed out before: Our fans are technically no worse than any other fans in the world of anime. Our subject material is just more sensitive, therefore some of the dumb s**t they do is amplified, from "That's dumb" to "That's offensive!"

One thing I've seen a lot of rage over is "shipping". Not shipping wars, just rage over the fact that people would dare ship them at all. "You don't ship countries!" Of course not. I wouldn't point to a map and say "Those two. They're so hot together. ;o " But I will ship characters (although not usually for the "they're hot" reason). As I've tried to explain to these people (and I'll use my own favorite pairing), don't look at them as Russia and Latvia, the countries. Look at them as Ivan and Raivis, two regular guys who happen to be from those countries. As I've said, I focus more on the human aspect of the characters. It makes me think of a song. "I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does."

please not bring up the USUK FRUK thing again emotion_donotwant
And my argument is ignored in favor of shipping wars... great...
But yes, they are stupid. It's one thing to have a respectful debate on why one pairing would work better/make more sense than another, but to flat out fight over it is ridiculous.

Sexy Duck

oh come on, admit it, for all the fanbase of big animes/mangas, SHIPPING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS....
SO YEAH,,,
Booberry Muffins

I'll try to find the article in which it was covered, but yeah, they stated it was for "historical" accuracy or some s**t like that.

I'm afraid to join Hetalia cosplay groups.
.__.

KasumiNyan's Wife

Aged Cat

-Soviet Titties

If I lived closer to you I would sanely cosplay with you. Then beat other rabid fans in the face wink

I know that the mangaka addressed his jacket once but I can't remember for the life of me what he said.

I still personally refuse to put it on because I'd rather be accurate in that aspect lmao~

As for shipping. I ship USUK and AmeCan.

Other than that I could give two shits what others ship and it's not my place to shove it down their throats.

Dapper Pup

Nathan Angelo
oh come on, admit it, for all the fanbase of big animes/mangas, SHIPPING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS....
SO YEAH,,,
User Image

Though I think there are some fandoms that take shipping a bit more seriously than this one *cough*Homestuck*cough*

And on the subject of shipping: I love SeaLat. Because they're really cute together in several ways. ;o;

Shipping wars are really stupid and being so frustrated by a pairing you don't like that you can't function properly is hardly ever a good thing. But I guess it is fun to watch them get mad over it..
User Image

3,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Raivis of Riga

Everything you said! yum_puddi

There's nothing wrong with shipping unless you're obnoxious to those who don't ship your pairing.

I look at my favorite pairings through their personalities as well~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces