Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the releases of Flynn's Booty?

Yes 0.044849679645145 4.5% [ 182 ]
No 0.95515032035485 95.5% [ 3876 ]
Total Votes:[ 4058 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46 47 48 >

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
They should made her go when they said they were going to, because now shes just one those people that says there gonna go but then stays a extra week then a month then a year until you finally have to say GTFO my house. whee i don't care about the generators but yeah we got other ones now, i thought she was getting chased by space police?

Devoted Lunatic

User Image
b u n n y - l i o r e
I'm sorry. Being a student in a Ph.D. program...sometimes takes me away from Gaia for extended periods of time (that & I'm married so....needed to spend time with my husband when I do have free time XD). But I"m glad that it's been kept alive at least partially.

I'll be back, just to make sure this doesn't die, especially since Flynn now seems like a distant issue. The staggering number of gold generators is....just sickening. It's all I ever see anymore. So I'm basically making this thread about ALL gold generators...Flynn being the one who started this whole bloody mess.

Oh, it wasn't a remark on your address! Sorry for that, I just needed to rant a bit.
There's still the life outside of Gaia and the computer to deal with wink

This thread is to important to let it fall silent, so every now and then a little bump should help xD
And you're absolutely 100% right, the amount of gold generators are bursting trough the roof right now.

User Image
One look at the poll should show that Gaians don't like this crap.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

Nikomikiri
One look at the poll should show that Gaians don't like this crap.

Gaia is well aware that many users dislike gold generators. They just don't care. They're not even trying to feign ignorance anymore; they're simply pretending the problem isn't there because otherwise they'd have to address it, and they don't want to. And now, they've worked the economy into such a state, that even people who hate gold generators, or are distressed by the inflation, are still buying them--because there's no other way for them to afford new items they want.

Until recently, I've really held out hope that it was all temporary, and that they'd come to their senses and revamp their sales and marketing strategies. But I've realized it's not happening. Because if there is one thing they have communicated in a crystal clear fashion, it's a firm, undeniable, "we don't care." Not about this. =/

Alien Invader

Gaia is never going to stop releasing gold generators unless everyone somehow stops buying them. The inclusion of items makes them even more tempting.

The only solution to some inflation are item rereleases. It's literally the best they're going to give us.

I am fairly certain that the opportunity for an inflated and unstable marketplace on a site with limited virtual currency payouts, but with a store using cash sounded like the perfect business strategy to up profits. They can't come out and say hey, we inflated the MP so we could get you to spend more cash, but that is exactly what happened.

Threads like this are interesting to see the amount of users in this forum are against gold generators, but asking Gaia to outright stop releasing them is naive.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Shuukakuusha

I didn't take offense so no worries X3 I just forget to make a post that I'll be gone for a bit when things get busy in my real life. But I agree that we need to keep this alive. It has a ton of votes, & I don't see the amount of threads voicing out their concern over the gold generators like they used to. Now it's all filled with....animal things (which I was gone during the time that they released that so...I don't get the craze XD).

But yes, the gold generators are out of control. Sigh.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Susue
Gaia is never going to stop releasing gold generators unless everyone somehow stops buying them. The inclusion of items makes them even more tempting.

The only solution to some inflation are item rereleases. It's literally the best they're going to give us.

I am fairly certain that the opportunity for an inflated and unstable marketplace on a site with limited virtual currency payouts, but with a store using cash sounded like the perfect business strategy to up profits. They can't come out and say hey, we inflated the MP so we could get you to spend more cash, but that is exactly what happened.

Threads like this are interesting to see the amount of users in this forum are against gold generators, but asking Gaia to outright stop releasing them is naive.

Oh I agree. But such a thing is obviously not feasible. I'm well aware of how well those things sell...I just wish that they had some other mechanism to combat the level of inflation. A higher tax perhaps, a cap at item value, something or anything really. Actually I wouldn't mind if they created really nice gold shop items that were close to what you could get in GC items (& not re-released. I'm not interested in those old MCs). Or perhaps nicer hair that is the quality of what you'd get in a GC item, but just make it a higher price in the salon. At least that way it'll take some gold out if people buy it, since you obviously can't sell salon Durem hair XD At this point...I'd take anything else to combat this.

& yes, it's precisely what they're doing, which I find a bit insulting that they would attempt to even hide this fact when it's rather obvious. Making the value of gold obsolete means that people will be almost forced to buy GC, since there's no other option to honestly survive. So down the line I can see the site becoming pay to play...er, pay to have any sort of honest fun with a good avatar. So we can all see where that's going.

I know it's a long shot, but basically this thread was to show how many are against it. Though, I'm not naive in any respect, & well aware that this is something that may never happen. However, I'd rather voice an opinion on the matter than be silent while I watch it go down in flames ;3

Explorer

and we really thought that was bad?
damn, this is ridiculous. if only I knew, I would have hoarded some s**t.
im wondering to myself who those 150 voters are that really like the gold generators. but I guess it takes only so much for gaia to continue.

Timid Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
I've been a member since 2007, and I left shortly after they introduced the aquarium because I became busy (was that '09 or something?), and then I came back a few days ago. During the years I was active on Gaia, it was overall a pleasant experience that I cherished. I have NEVER spent any cash (didn't see the need to back then) and earned everything in my account (and it is QUITE a lot) by logging on everyday, investing time and energy, and earning those gold coins the hard way. Then I came back, and BOOM everything changed. As much as I love some of the new items, I couldn't afford anything unless I sell what I had before because of the super inflation. I guess I could just spend some cash if I really wanted something, except now that I've looked around and seen the situation, I think I would have to throw in a ton of money and still not be able to derive as much of the satisfaction I originally gained. There's nothing wrong with the staff trying to make money: I understand that this isn't a non-for-profit forum or something, but there is a line somewhere and they crossed it as far as I can tell. Even with all the new items they keep on releasing, I don't think people will be able to stay anymore. The situation is frustrating to say the least, and Gaia is becoming less than what it used to be. A LOT less.

Fanatical Flip-Flopper

17,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
awe, I opened up the view results and just started uncontrollably laughing. That was amazing, many thanks. xd

Devout Mage

Wow.
Has this thread fallen on deaf ears, or what?

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Vagah
Wow.

Yea, basically. Regardless if I PMed Zero Omega eons ago when this fiasco first got out of control, & then PMed Sisky asking for a site wide poll on how people feel to actually reach more of the masses. I'm sure even if it did get attention (which I've heard it has, along with a few others), all they need to say is "well, the numbers aren't large enough to be indicative of the entire gaian population" to render the results...useless. Though, I still think they represent a good chunk of people & let's face it...there are just going to be people who never vote in polls period. Then we have users who create mules as accounts who aren't even truly active on them. Then we have abandoned accounts. So it may be indicative of the population after all.

But I think that the staff here wants to be ignorant of the issues anymore & don't have to give a s**t since the money is just easily rolling in now. They'll care only about the people who are willing to spend money on the site. It's so classist on here that it's making me sick.

Sorry, rant-ish, but....god the state of this site pisses me off, sickens me, & saddens me all at the same time >>;

Devout Mage

b u n n y - l i o r e
Vagah
Wow.

Yea, basically. Regardless if I PMed Zero Omega eons ago when this fiasco first got out of control, & then PMed Sisky asking for a site wide poll on how people feel to actually reach more of the masses. I'm sure even if it did get attention (which I've heard it has, along with a few others), all they need to say is "well, the numbers aren't large enough to be indicative of the entire gaian population" to render the results...useless. Though, I still think they represent a good chunk of people & let's face it...there are just going to be people who never vote in polls period. Then we have users who create mules as accounts who aren't even truly active on them. Then we have abandoned accounts. So it may be indicative of the population after all.

But I think that the staff here wants to be ignorant of the issues anymore & don't have to give a s**t since the money is just easily rolling in now. They'll care only about the people who are willing to spend money on the site. It's so classist on here that it's making me sick.

Sorry, rant-ish, but....god the state of this site pisses me off, sickens me, & saddens me all at the same time >>;
Ive come to the conclusion that they just dont give a ********.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Vagah
b u n n y - l i o r e
Vagah
Wow.

Ive come to the conclusion that they just dont give a ********]

Psh no s**t XD
I've felt like that for....well, since the whole Flynn ordeal. & it's gotten so much worse that nothing can change my mind on that anymore. I'm only sticking around for RPs &....basically out of morbid curiosity to watch the site go to hell in a hand basket. That should prove to be entertaining.

Sweetheart

I recently returned to Gaia - not sure why now to be honest I feel it's so empty and lost it's 'heart'

What is the point of Flynn's Booty? I just asked my friend why is everything so inflated? Is there literally noone that logs in anymore? He said no something came out and made everything like that.

This is stupid, and a bad idea- it's truly gotten out of hand and why on earth would Gaia release such a horrible idea- I hope to learn from the fact that it's such a horrible idea.

It kinda makes me think that Gaia is so desperate for money they inflated all the prices so that they could get more to use their real money for cash that I assume wouldn't go along way.

I never use GC everything I have was through my own means of art shops and such- but this is stupid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff