Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the releases of Flynn's Booty?

Yes 0.044849679645145 4.5% [ 182 ]
No 0.95515032035485 95.5% [ 3876 ]
Total Votes:[ 4058 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47 48 > >>

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

I don't understand why they can't just listen to this one, stupid little thing we're asking them to do. Simply stop Flynn's Booty. We're not saying stop everything cash related so why is this so hard!? I don't understand!

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I find is funny that Zero Omega didn't even address the first part Nihilistic Outcry's post:

Zero Omega

Nihilistic Outcry

Pointless to make gold sinks when you keep re-releasing Flynn's Booty/Chest.

Correction, Zero. More Gaians HATE FB/FC than like it. Get it right and stop re-releasing that garbage.

Are you able to produce factual data to prove that? Outside of just posts? Remember there are thousands upon thousands of users using the site every day.

Just goes to show how much of an illusion of caring about the economy that Gaia portrays when their main agenda is to release Flynn's Booty as much, and then attempt to restore the confidence in Gaia caring so that the next time they release Flynn's Booty it will seem justified.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Anyone have any idea how that Day of Silence went yesterday? I logged in only for about 30 seconds at best just to see the count (too much curiosity...I can't), but the numbers still looked to be around 15k logged in.

I wish I could remember what the numbers used to be back in the day, or even a few years ago. I would want to compare for my own enjoyment. I have a feeling it is less, of course.
Gaia should do a sitewide poll and see just how many people hate Flynn's Booty/ Chest
but I get the feeling that if they do or they don't, we're screwed wither way.

If they don't, i get the feeling because they know full damn well that an overwhelming majority will say "No" to more Flynn's parts coming back, and Gaia's looking to avoid that poll feedback, by just not doing a poll, and diahrearing out the Flynn's parts, anyway- orrrrrrr- if they do put out a poll, Gaia will just take the "I don't cares" and see them as "yes"'s, and use that to justify putting out more Flynn's parts, too.

Just like how they did with the site centering poll rolleyes

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Zandykins
I find is funny that Zero Omega didn't even address the first part Nihilistic Outcry's post:

Zero Omega

Nihilistic Outcry

Correction, Zero. More Gaians HATE FB/FC than like it. Get it right and stop re-releasing that garbage.

Are you able to produce factual data to prove that? Outside of just posts? Remember there are thousands upon thousands of users using the site every day.

Just goes to show how much of an illusion of caring about the economy that Gaia portrays when their main agenda is to release Flynn's Booty as much, and then attempt to restore the confidence in Gaia caring so that the next time they release Flynn's Booty it will seem justified.

On one post when someone asked "what is the point of another gold sink when you'll release FB again? How are you going to stop inflation?" & Uncle Kenny replied with basically the idea that it's silly to think they would stop ways of adding gold into the economy & that they had no better idea of what to do than the gold sink, previous MC items, etc.

I commented on that with "Stop released FB. That'll solve inflation." XD Like, seriously, easiest solution ever.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
The problem is that there's enough people actually buying Flynn's body parts that they'll deal with the people pissed about it, they're making enough sales that it'll still be released again.

I seem to remember when Gaia Cash was first introduced there was a promise that it would only be able to purchase items, not pure gold. I wish I could find the post to prove it.

...and an item that spews out pure gold, no matter what amount, is still cash for pure gold.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Owlie
The problem is that there's enough people actually buying Flynn's body parts that they'll deal with the people pissed about it, they're making enough sales that it'll still be released again.

I seem to remember when Gaia Cash was first introduced there was a promise that it would only be able to purchase items, not pure gold. I wish I could find the post to prove it.

...and an item that spews out pure gold, no matter what amount, is still cash for pure gold.

Isn't that in the ToS somewhere? That you are not able to trade actual money with someone for gaia gold? I feel as if it is, but I need to look & find that. I know it is stated somewhere that there should be no exchange of money for gold. Which then basically means Gaia can do it, yet only when disguised within an 'item' & the amount of gold is randomized, not set rolleyes fancy legality.

[edit]
From the Gaia ToS:

16. use bots on the site; buy, sell or trade Gaia gold for non-Gaia items (including cash) or vice versa; or attempt to hack or scam other members;

So...they're doing that, essentially, yet in reverse. Selling cash for gold. Which surely would be against the rules otherwise, yet it's their item so...they can bend the rules I guess. Or the wording is such that you'd have to give someone gold for cash, & since that item does it in reverse...it's ok. Hm.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Update:

Since a few people have mentioned they'd like Gaia to do a poll on this themselves, & I mentioned that in the ATA thread, I updated the main post with that information if any admin is to actually read this thread.
Also, I am contemplating creating a petition for it as well, just to garner more support.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
b u n n y - l i o r e
Owlie

Isn't that in the ToS somewhere? That you are not able to trade actual money with someone for gaia gold? I feel as if it is, but I need to look & find that. I know it is stated somewhere that there should be no exchange of money for gold. Which then basically means Gaia can do it, yet only when disguised within an 'item' & the amount of gold is randomized, not set rolleyes fancy legality.

The ToS is about the users, not the website as a business.

Still, I definitely see the parallel. It's like a cop parking in a no parking zone.

When cash was first introduced, a post was made reassuring users that items were never supposed to go over $5 unless there was a bundle, and cash was never supposed to be able to buy gold directly. That randomization factor is exactly that, a fancy legality. I wish I could find that post, but it's so many years old.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
b u n n y - l i o r e
Zandykins

Zero Omega

Nihilistic Outcry

On one post when someone asked "what is the point of another gold sink when you'll release FB again? How are you going to stop inflation?" & Uncle Kenny replied with basically the idea that it's silly to think they would stop ways of adding gold into the economy & that they had no better idea of what to do than the gold sink, previous MC items, etc.

I commented on that with "Stop released FB. That'll solve inflation." XD Like, seriously, easiest solution ever.

The solution is so easy but Gaia is just so stubborn. Stop releasing Flynn's Booty and install tons of gold sinks. They want money SO BADLY and want want to do it with the least amount of effort possible. Gaia is looking more and more like a desperate street hooker every day.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Owlie
b u n n y - l i o r e
Owlie

Still, I definitely see the parallel. It's like a cop parking in a no parking zone.

When cash was first introduced, a post was made reassuring users that items were never supposed to go over $5 unless there was a bundle, and cash was never supposed to be able to buy gold directly. That randomization factor is exactly that, a fancy legality. I wish I could find that post, but it's so many years old.

That's what I'm saying, is that they can get around it since, basically, they wrote that up anyway. But that doesn't dampen the effect that they seemingly can do what they want, so in essence they look hypocritical & it doesn't go over well with people, legit or not legit.

I never saw that post but did hear of it, so I wish there was a way to find it as well. Would it be within the old announcements thread? Just way back in there?

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
b u n n y - l i o r e
Owlie
b u n n y - l i o r e
Owlie

That's what I'm saying, is that they can get around it since, basically, they wrote that up anyway. But that doesn't dampen the effect that they seemingly can do what they want, so in essence they look hypocritical & it doesn't go over well with people, legit or not legit.

I never saw that post but did hear of it, so I wish there was a way to find it as well. Would it be within the old announcements thread? Just way back in there?

It wasn't in an announcement, it was sometime during the s**t storm when people were afraid that Gaia was becoming pay to play and I think it was an Admin posting somewhere in SF or an AtA.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Zandykins

The solution is so easy but Gaia is just so stubborn. Stop releasing Flynn's Booty and install tons of gold sinks. They want money SO BADLY and want want to do it with the least amount of effort possible. Gaia is looking more and more like a desperate street hooker every day.

Agreed XD
I mean...I've really been shocked at the rapid development of so many EIs, REIs, etc. lately. I swear that is all they focus on. I predicted this so long ago when EIs were gaining in popularity & always mentioned that gold shop items were getting greatly ignored in favor of cash items. Well, s**t, that turned out to be more than true. The only decent gold shop items are the recent recolors of past MCs or whatnot. They have allowed the gold shops to fall by the wayside. It's sad, since those items used to be so prized.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Owlie

It wasn't in an announcement, it was sometime during the s**t storm when people were afraid that Gaia was becoming pay to play and I think it was an Admin posting somewhere in SF or an AtA.

Ah. Well, if you have a ballpark idea of the year that was...I wouldn't mind attempting to sniff it out. I enjoy trying to find old posts like that anyway, since once you bring it back into circulation it does create a lot of support for your side of the argument. & also makes the Gaia admin sort of try to cover all of their mistakes...which is humorous XD I'm sure we'd see some sort of halfassed explanation anyway.

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I would love to see a site-wide poll about Flynn's Booty/Chest. Zero Omega's post was such a shitty cop out. It was the equivalent of telling us that we have no proof that Gaia doesn't have a giant invisible dragon at their headquarters, so therefor they must have one. It's pretty clear that a lot of people are really unhappy with FB, so if they want to show how "popular" FB is, a poll would be nice to support their statement about its popularity. Or maybe they simply mean that only users who spend cash count as important users anymore and only their vote counts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff