Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the releases of Flynn's Booty?

Yes 0.044849679645145 4.5% [ 182 ]
No 0.95515032035485 95.5% [ 3876 ]
Total Votes:[ 4058 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 46 47 48 > >>

Lonely Friend

Hey guys... If I may pitch in...

Has any Mod/ Operator on Gaia bothered to comment on the results of this poll?

Devoted Lunatic

Remember yesterday
Think about tomorrow

User Image
Sooooooo....
Here I am, casting my vote in the poll (which was a NO) and I see the totals...

A miserable 5,6% (= 108 Gaians) said YES.
An astonishing 94,4% (= 1837 Gaians) said NO.

And now I con not help but ask myself...
With a voting this clear and obvious, what is the Staff going to do?

But live today
Life is to short anyway

Tipsy Stalker

8,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Shuukakuusha

They will keep selling it because you're buying this, isn't it obvious?

Devoted Lunatic

Remember yesterday
Think about tomorrow
Tagoka
Shuukakuusha

They will keep selling it because you're buying this, isn't it obvious?

User Image
Excuse me?
I am NOT buying a single thing from Flynn!!!
Nor her 'booty' chests nor in her MP acc!!!

But live today
Life is to short anyway

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Digital Art

Nope. Not yet.
I did contact Zero about it, but...I've yet to receive anything from him. I didn't receive anything from when I contacted Sisky about perhaps making a site wide poll due to the results from this as well.
Ah well. Perhaps more results, over 2k, would prompt something?

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Shuukakuusha
Remember yesterday
Think about tomorrow

User Image
Sooooooo....
Here I am, casting my vote in the poll (which was a NO) and I see the totals...

A miserable 5,6% (= 108 Gaians) said YES.
An astonishing 94,4% (= 1837 Gaians) said NO.

And now I con not help but ask myself...
With a voting this clear and obvious, what is the Staff going to do?

But live today
Life is to short anyway

It's most likely because....I don't have enough to make a case that "most" gaians don't like it.

Even though, if we want to get technical, with any polling you never can get an answer from every single person. Hence why they use "target populations" to get an idea for the general population. Since I've linked people from all over (guilds, chatterbox, aquarium, fishing, etc.), it's not just people in the SF who have voted. It can be an accurate representation of the general gaia public if they want to look at it that way, but then again they can look at it from the aspect of having enough data from cash sales of the item to combat this data.

I wish they would...simply acknowledge this at the very least. It's quite a bit of votes from one single poll.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
E V E R Y O N E

I'm not dead XD
Sorry, I know I need to keep this thread active, so thanks to everyone who has been doing that!
The holidays plus this quarter of grad school coming to an end = lots of work for me X3 So thanks to those who keep posting in here & voting! Keep it alive!

Thankfully we haven't seen Flynn's parts around for awhile, which gives me some hope...but then again we've also been bombarded with black friday...."sales" (which, I could go on about this since a "sale" to me means actually semi affordable items...but I digress), so who knows when she will make her return.

Anyway, thanks to all, I love you all from the bottom of my cold Russian heart <3

Ruthless Raider

6,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
b u n n y - l i o r e
Digital Art

Nope. Not yet.
I did contact Zero about it, but...I've yet to receive anything from him. I didn't receive anything from when I contacted Sisky about perhaps making a site wide poll due to the results from this as well.

I have a heavy suspicion that certain people at the top of the food chain are actively prohibiting any kind of real, meaningful response from any of Gaia's staff members. stare

That's just not how they do things 'round here anymore. talk2hand

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I really wouldn't be surprised if Flynn's Booty was rereleased later this week. I've noticed a pattern that Gaia tends to release Flynn's Booty at the beginning of the month after large sales (as to primarily drain more cash from users who aren't aware of it's effects) and then usually in the middle and near the end of the month. I assume Flynn's Booty tends to rear (pun intended) late in the month as the people who are in charge of satisfy the "sales quota" begin to desperately scourge for ways to make up the difference of having a clear depreciation in sales in their once massively profitable CIs, etc...

Precious Fatcat

10,925 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
I admit, I did buy FB when it first came out
the lure of easy, fast gold was too much for me :C
but I am peeved by the constant re-releases
so I voted NO.

Lonely Friend

Agreed. Anyway, gl. I support you guys.
b u n n y - l i o r e
Digital Art

Nope. Not yet.

Tipsy Stalker

8,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Shuukakuusha

Okay then, the MAJORITY keeps buying it, blame them, not the hand that fed them.

Stone-cold Loiterer

Tagoka
Shuukakuusha

Okay then, the MAJORITY keeps buying it, blame them, not the hand that fed them.

Majority? Really? That's strange because I've only seen about 10 people (at most) admit that they continually buy this item--and I visit the forums quite a bit.

The thing is: this item shouldn't have existed in the first place. Buying gold is a bannable offense, written in their own ToS. They're breaking their own rule.

This is also worth quoting.
Someone in this thread said
I'm sure someone has already mentioned it, but aside from us hating Flynn's Booty, it shouldn't even matter if we hate it or not. The point is that it's ruining the economy. Just because the people who buy it don't understand they're screwing over themselves as well as everybody else doesn't somehow make it right. So when I see the people say they love/like Flynn's Booty and admins saying "oh but that guy over there, he likes it!" ... I don't really care, all it shows me is that they know nothing about how inflation/economies like Gaia's work and [it's] greedy. We shouldn't even have to say we hate it.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Tagoka
Shuukakuusha

I agree, but only...partially.
Yes, those that buy it & are perpetuating this horrid threat to the economy & worth of gold in general are partially to blame. Perhaps they don't know any better, or perhaps they do & just don't care for their own selfish game.

However....Gaia is to blame on some account as well. If they know that this is killing the economy & they were releasing it as quickly as 5 days to 1 week in spacing...how is that not their duty to at least slow it down? I know they've said for now they have no plans on stopping the re-releases. However, why aren't they giving the economy time to breathe & recoup? No one but those in Gaia HQ can control the releases. That is not something due to users whatsoever. I understand the idea of releasing something over & over that sells...but they also have a duty to the other users on here who don't like it to have some sort of say as well. The fact that they pander only to those who like to buy gold, more or less, is ridiculous. If they want to tout the fact that they are still a 'free' site then they need to cater to everyone, not just those that want to fatten their wallets.

So I disagree. You need to acknowledge both sides in this.

[friday-chan]'s Husband

Sparkly Bunny

16,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Sujj
I admit, I did buy FB when it first came out
the lure of easy, fast gold was too much for me :C
but I am peeved by the constant re-releases
so I voted NO.

I think many people are the same way.
Since on the first release they did claim that it was an item that was limited time & wouldn't be released again (I need to double check on the wording from the first announcement, but it was made clear in some respect that it wouldn't be seen again), a lot of people did buy it. It was popular the first time around.
Perhaps also the second time it was released. But....then when users saw that it was happening time & time & time again....the sentiment quickly turned sour. Now I have no respect for their entire lack of willingness to acknowledge any other side other than those who buy CG & FB. It's ridiculous. That half-assed apology didn't do anything to quell the opinions over this matter, & until they address it in a way that is at the very least a compromise...the gap is only going to widen between these two groups.

Thanks for your vote & help! :3 It's much appreciated!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff