User Image

blaugh

You're deaf?

Yes, I am. :]

Party Member

User Image

Nice to meet you two. 3nodding

I found something amazing yesterday:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

http://si5s.org/about-us/

Have you heard of this?

Sexy Turtle

Kinny Fear
User Image

Have you heard of this?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nice meet you too heh,

Interesting- I never heard about that strange ASL handwritting haha. It look so weird.

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

I have a niece who is def but she wasn't born that way. I remember one day my dad just told me and my sister that she was now def. She is sixteen now and she also cannot talk and her mom, my half sister, is not the best parent. She pretty much leaves off of what benefits she can get from having a def child but she does work as well. She is able to get like apartments but so far has been kicked out about twice because my niece is starting to act out a lot.

And we are scared to watch her by ourselves because we don't know sign language or how to calm her down when she goes crazy over not getting something she wants. It can be pretty difficult to deal with her. Her mom knows sign language but won't teach us any.

Sexy Turtle

Axels Princess
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Have you tried to learn sign language over internet?

Party Member

Black Lust Perfume

Nice meet you too heh,

Interesting- I never heard about that strange ASL handwritting haha. It look so weird.

User Image

It's blowing my mind, I always thought a written form of ASL would be too complicated to read. There'd be too much information to portray in a single character; the handshape, movement, location, palm orientation and facial expression. Pretty complex.
Even if it isn't very practical (quicker to write in english), it's still cool. User Image

Newbie Gaian

Kinny Fear
User Image

Have you heard of this?

Nice to meet you too! ^^

No, I haven't! But that looks nifty!

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Black Lust Perfume
Axels Princess

Have you tried to learn sign language over internet?

Over the internet? No.

Party Member

Dementor88
Nice to meet you too! ^^

User Image

So have we started discussing cochlear implants yet? eek

No, just kidding.

I've had cousins who were deaf when they were little, took asl class with a deaf instructor and I'm comfortable with it, I like meeting people who are deaf in public because it gives me a chance to talk to them a little bit and not be one of those people who stare at them differently.

Newbie Gaian

Kinny Fear
Dementor88
Nice to meet you too! ^^

User Image

So have we started discussing cochlear implants yet? eek

No, just kidding.

Haha, we can if you want. But you were kidding. lol

Newbie Gaian

Twisted_Misery
Never met a deaf person, but I'd like to.
I wish I knew sign language.

Well, if you want to know ASL, you can fix that easily!

Google:

Handspeak

ASLpro

SigningSavvy

ENJOY!

Party Member

Dementor88
User Image

Well, if it doesn't get too heated, I'm of the opinion that infants shouldn't be fitted with the implant, that it should be a choice one makes when one is an adult (or a teenager).

Newbie Gaian

Kinny Fear
Dementor88
User Image

Well, if it doesn't get too heated, I'm of the opinion that infants shouldn't be fitted with the implant, that it should be a choice one makes when one is an adult (or a teenager).

I agree with you. I'm not against anyone who wants to have cochlear implant, but I'm against parents deciding to have their babies implanted. It's just not fair. Every deaf child born to hearing parents have the RIGHT to have access to both worlds, hearing and deaf and develop its own identify.

I don't need one really. I am happy being deaf. :]

Party Member

Dementor88
I agree with you. I'm not against anyone who wants to have cochlear implant, but I'm against parents deciding to have their babies implanted. It's just not fair. Every deaf child born to hearing parents have the RIGHT to have access to both worlds, hearing and deaf and develop its own identify.

I don't need one really. I am happy being deaf. :]
User Image

Definitely. Not only that, but it can hinder natural language development.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff