Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lover

What's the difference between deaf and Deaf?

But to be fully honest, I do not think anything of a person with deafness. I do not know sign language, but I would like to learn so that I can better communicate with these individuals.

Dapper Phantom

I tend to feel a little sad because they can't fully enjoy music. At least not the way people who can hear do.

Girl-Crazy Werewolf

I only have one deaf friend, but due to a growth, I am deaf in my left ear. Been so for over 10 years. Can't really complain as I am not fully deaf but it's still quite an inconvenience. Makes it really hard to be in the military...

Sign language mixed with spoken words would make it a lot easier for me, but that is something I should have started on years ago. sad I have trouble memorizing those kinds of things.

Leowna 's Pardner

Questionable Genius

My younger sister is deaf and there is nothing wrong with her - besides the fact that she's currently a teenage nightmare, but that has nothing to do with her deafness. She was born as such.
                Honestly, it's been a blessing due to how we grew up, not to mention learning ASL which has been helpful throughout my life.

Sexy Turtle

Dandrogyny
I tend to feel a little sad because they can't fully enjoy music. At least not the way people who can hear do.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know but I have a passion for DJ loud Bass Music as long as I stand by speaker to feel the vibs.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
They can't hear

Sexy Turtle

Ghosty Pie
They can't hear
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Some like me, cant hear at all. But some can hear with hearing aids on.

Hearing aids never been working on my ears because I got no hair in my ear system to carry any sound waves into my brain.

Swashbuckling Lunatic

I don't really think anything of deaf people.
A lot of people in my family learned sign language specifically for any time they encounter a deaf person, which isn't going to be too often.
I think it's a wonderful gesture.

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Awwww, no one read my tale on page 39...
User Image

Dapper Citizen

It's odd that they compare themselves to people from different countries (aka races) because they didn't come from a separate country but were born with deafness. I feel like they need a more convincing argument as to why deaf culture is viable. Furthermore, some of them are avidly against having anything to do with hearing but considering the fact that we learn multiple languages, there shouldn't be any problem if they are well versed in both languages.

Dapper Dabbler

Sign language actually looks so amazing. If I ever have children, I definitely want them to grow up learning it, too! I've never met anyone deaf but I don't think I need to just to form an opinion on the issue.

Sexy Turtle

singalinger
Sign language actually looks so amazing. If I ever have children, I definitely want them to grow up learning it, too! I've never met anyone deaf but I don't think I need to just to form an opinion on the issue.

Did you know that if you teach your children sign language at early age, she/he will be smarter and able to communication with you what they want/needed before they learn how to speak.

Dapper Dabbler

Black Lust Perfume

Did you know that if you teach your children sign language at early age, she/he will be smarter and able to communication with you what they want/needed before they learn how to speak.

Ha! No way! Just another reason for me to teach my kid such a beautiful language.

Sexy Turtle

singalinger

Ha! No way! Just another reason for me to teach my kid such a beautiful language.

Oh yes way! My niece who is not deaf, learned sign language by her mom whom is my Deaf sister. She have grown up so smarter than her classmates in daycare.

Dapper Phantom

Black Lust Perfume
Dandrogyny

I know but I have a passion for DJ loud Bass Music as long as I stand by speaker to feel the vibs.

It feels lovely, doesn't it? 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces