Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Gaian

Black Lust Perfume
Kinny Fear

But wtf are SASSes?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Honestly, SASSes doesnt sound familiar.... sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I second herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Explain, please.
i took a sign language class last summer and loved it
i met some really cool people threw that class
i still talk to the lady who showed me how to sign a song
im taking ASL2 next year when i go to college

Sexy Turtle

toodrunktofunk
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEAT! Glad you enjoy the unique language. smile

Black Lust Perfume
toodrunktofunk

NEAT! Glad you enjoy the unique language. smile

im glad i fail spanish so i had to take that class xDD

Sexy Turtle

toodrunktofunk

im glad i fail spanish so i had to take that class xDD

Haha thats so cute.

Sexy Turtle

Lavish Dark Elf

8,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Cruel and evil people, pretending to have a debilitation to get attention! xd

All kidding aside, I feel bad for them; to not hear the sweet sound of music, your loved one's voices or to not permanently enjoy the silence.

I'm partially deaf in both ears and it continues to get worse each year; it is a scary thing to know you may end up not being able to enjoy the sounds of life.
Dementor88
Black Lust Perfume
Kinny Fear

But wtf are SASSes?

Honestly, SASSes doesnt sound familiar.... sweatdrop

I second herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Explain, please.
It's another name for a descriptive classifier.
I have a family member who is deaf, so everyone in the family knows sign language. It makes it easier to communicate. The funny part is signing some of our swear words.. my family is half Greek, on papa's side, and the swear words are about the only thing I can speak fluently in Greek.

Anxious Lunatic

They can't hear. Big whoop. They're still people. I mean, I know a few deaf people... I know enough sign language to get by... I guess it's just not a very big issue for me as far as I'm concerned. I mean, it is terrible that deaf people have to go out of their way in order to communicate, and I honestly feel sorry for them for not being able to listen to music (I know they "listen" by feeling the vibrations). I would die without music.
lol I didn't realize I posted in this thread a year ago. Found my post on the 2nd page and was about to say something along those lines.

This semester we had a deaf student in my chem class. She had an interpreter with her and it was pretty cool to watch but I guess the girl dropped the class. D: Surprisingly, a lot of people did not like the fact that there was an interpreter in the class, they said it was distracting.

Sexy Turtle

Reyna224
lol I didn't realize I posted in this thread a year ago. Found my post on the 2nd page and was about to say something along those lines.

This semester we had a deaf student in my chem class. She had an interpreter with her and it was pretty cool to watch but I guess the girl dropped the class. D: Surprisingly, a lot of people did not like the fact that there was an interpreter in the class, they said it was distracting.

They find it distracting? But that is only a way a deaf student can understand what the teacher are saying...

Black Lust Perfume
Reyna224

They find it distracting? But that is only a way a deaf student can understand what the teacher are saying...

Exactly what I said to them. They went so far as to b***h to the professor about it. :/ I used to know sign language so I thought it was fun to see what signs I could pick up. These two girls were always talking s**t and apparently they dropped because of it (thats their excuse, nevermind its just a difficult class in general)

Sexy Turtle

Reyna224

Exactly what I said to them. They went so far as to b***h to the professor about it. :/ I used to know sign language so I thought it was fun to see what signs I could pick up. These two girls were always talking s**t and apparently they dropped because of it (thats their excuse, nevermind its just a difficult class in general)

Bullying is such a immature. Maybe you can see what courses they have that teach asl?

Black Lust Perfume
Reyna224

Bullying is such a immature. Maybe you can see what courses they have that teach asl?

Yeah, the girls were being really immature about it though I set them straight and made them feel stupid. mrgreen

And I've been trying to learn again on my own but if I find a class I'd take it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff