Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Turtle

Dandrogyny
It feels lovely, doesn't it? 4laugh
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Definitely!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I have a second cousins who's deaf. I don't see him much but I love him to death.

Sexy Turtle

lI Ace of Grace lI
I have a second cousins who's deaf. I don't see him much but I love him to death.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Awww! Know any sign language?

Black Lust Perfume
lI Ace of Grace lI

Awww! Know any sign language?

I know hamburger and thank you. lol. But none other than that. I want to learn, though. :3

Sexy Turtle

lI Ace of Grace lI

I know hamburger and thank you. lol. But none other than that. I want to learn, though. :3

Haha, that is so cute!

Have you checked aslpro.com before?

I want to learn sign language.
they cant understand comedies

Newbie Gaian

The Simple C
My oldest sister was deaf-blind-mute, autistic, and paraplegic. She was one of the sweetest girls I ever met, may she forever rest in peace (she died January 2001). ;-;

Also, my boyfriend and I were at a restaurant when a deaf man set down two pens and a note on each table - the note said that he was deaf/asking for donations and each pen was three dollars. The note also had a drawing of the phrase "I love you" in ASL, it was so sad yet so inspiring at the same time. I bought two pens and cried like a total wuss for the next half-hour. crying

I'm trying to learn ASL, and I'm thinking about becoming a sign language interpreter after I finish the online college program I'm in right now.

Just a little warning. IF anyone comes to you with a note saying he's deaf, it's a high chance that he's not really deaf. People like him would try to take advantage of people by saying they're deaf on a note and ask for money, that screams "PLEASE PITY ME!" and they make deaf people look bad... If you want to know if they're deaf, sign! Like, "Oh, you are deaf? What's your name?" and if they suddenly look panicked and walk away, that should tell you something. I hope that helps.

And I'm sorry about what happened to your sister. She's in a better place watching over you and your family.. <3 Also, good luck on becoming an interpreter!

Newbie Gaian

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Are we supposed to have thoughts about deaf people? Those a*****e deaf people are probably plotting to overthrow the government.

Hahahah, whattttt? You've gotta be kidding me. We're not even plotting to overthrow the government. Disappointed? Sowwie.

Party Member

User Image

I love Deaf culture. User Image When I get my depression sorted, I'm going into an interpreter program.

5,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Dementor88
The Simple C
My oldest sister was deaf-blind-mute, autistic, and paraplegic. She was one of the sweetest girls I ever met, may she forever rest in peace (she died January 2001). ;-;

Also, my boyfriend and I were at a restaurant when a deaf man set down two pens and a note on each table - the note said that he was deaf/asking for donations and each pen was three dollars. The note also had a drawing of the phrase "I love you" in ASL, it was so sad yet so inspiring at the same time. I bought two pens and cried like a total wuss for the next half-hour. crying

I'm trying to learn ASL, and I'm thinking about becoming a sign language interpreter after I finish the online college program I'm in right now.

Just a little warning. IF anyone comes to you with a note saying he's deaf, it's a high chance that he's not really deaf. People like him would try to take advantage of people by saying they're deaf on a note and ask for money, that screams "PLEASE PITY ME!" and they make deaf people look bad... If you want to know if they're deaf, sign! Like, "Oh, you are deaf? What's your name?" and if they suddenly look panicked and walk away, that should tell you something. I hope that helps.

And I'm sorry about what happened to your sister. She's in a better place watching over you and your family.. <3 Also, good luck on becoming an interpreter!

He was legitimately deaf. I signed a little bit at him and he signed back, and the guy I was with (who I'm no longer dating) tried to talk to him and he couldn't hear.

That was ages ago... Still remember it like it was yesterday though. Thank you!

Party Member

Dementor88
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Are we supposed to have thoughts about deaf people? Those a*****e deaf people are probably plotting to overthrow the government.

Hahahah, whattttt? You've gotta be kidding me. We're not even plotting to overthrow the government. Disappointed? Sowwie.
User Image

emotion_awesome
(yes, I know)

Newbie Gaian

Kinny Fear
Dementor88
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D

User Image

emotion_awesome
(yes, I know)

Guess what? I laughed! biggrin

Party Member

Dementor88

User Image

blaugh

You're deaf?

Sexy Turtle

Kinny Fear
Dementor88

User Image

blaugh

You're deaf?

Also she is my RL friend too. <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff