Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Gaian

Kinny Fear
Dementor88
I agree with you. I'm not against anyone who wants to have cochlear implant, but I'm against parents deciding to have their babies implanted. It's just not fair. Every deaf child born to hearing parents have the RIGHT to have access to both worlds, hearing and deaf and develop its own identify.

I don't need one really. I am happy being deaf. :]
User Image

Definitely. Not only that, but it can hinder natural language development.

That too!! ASL is a beautiful language. SO is English.

It's funny, they teach hearing infants ASL and refuse to teach deaf infants ASL. WTH?

Peoppppleeeee. stare

Party Member

Dementor88

It's funny, they teach hearing infants ASL and refuse to teach deaf infants ASL. WTH?

Peoppppleeeee. stare
User Image

rofl

I'm subscribing here. 3nodding

Newbie Gaian

Kinny Fear
Dementor88

Peoppppleeeee. stare
User Image

rofl

I'm subscribing here. 3nodding

I should do the sameeeee.

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Deaf people are ******** strange.

But they are people too and deserve everything hearing people deserve.

In a relationship with akanemutt13

Magical Girl

Dementor88
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Are we supposed to have thoughts about deaf people? Those a*****e deaf people are probably plotting to overthrow the government.

Hahahah, whattttt? You've gotta be kidding me. We're not even plotting to overthrow the government. Disappointed? Sowwie.

So very disappointed ^_~
My grandfather is going deaf because of the loud noises of being in the military. The culture is amazing when I do thanksgiving with them they invite all of their friends from the deaf community and they DO make noises with people they are comfortable with. It basically comes out as a yell or a jumble of words. And there are different levels of a deaf community, if you are born deaf you are more important than a person who becomes deaf. And if you go to a deaf school you're amazing. Not to mention there are different types of Amercian Sign language. I love the community. smile

OG Gaian

3,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
I think sign language is really cool and I wanna learn it so bad!

As for what I think about deaf people, they're just like everyone else. I met one deaf guy while working at Rite Aid and he was kind of an a*****e. lol

Dangerous Sex Symbol

i think they're okay
I believe that those who are blind or deaf(in this case) have a gift from god. a blessing that they dont get to list to the horror and hatred in the world nor to see the blood and gore, or the hatred and dishonesty in this world. so i see it as a gift from god.

Novice

Well I have an uncle that is partially deaf. He's a jerk, but mostly because he can't hear people's voices after they reach a certain octave, so he get frustrated when having a conversation.

I also have waited on several deaf people. I get embarrassed sometimes when taking their orders, because I don't know how to communicate with them. I'm always worried about making a gesture and saying something offensive. : (

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
I have an aunt that's partially deaf who reads lips, and I've also dated a girl who was completely deaf and had to learn sign language. I've always wondered what music is like to the deaf. never thought of asking either of them xp
I met one person who was deaf and I only know the ASL alphabet
I had a deaf boss that was cool and funny, There's a deaf guy at my job now and he's really nice. Always keeping me from falling off ladders and backing into stuff, I'm a huge klutz.

Party Member

User Image

I found my old ASL flash cards. blaugh
I can't remember what most of them mean, but I'm pretty sure I get the difference between cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers (it's the palm orientation). And it took me a while to remember what BASCO15 is (non-dominant hand classifiers).
But wtf are SASSes?

Sexy Turtle

Kinny Fear

But wtf are SASSes?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Honestly, SASSes doesnt sound familiar.... sweatdrop

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff