Welcome to Gaia! ::

grinningjester
00 L a u r e n 00

My therapist has dogs that are there to help me. <3 I do much better with them there. It is indeedly.

Dogs are one of the most useful things for therapy I think. It's why I have a service dog.

They are.
I have 3 dogs at home. None are therapy dogs, but they help.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

00 L a u r e n 00
grinningjester
00 L a u r e n 00

My therapist has dogs that are there to help me. <3 I do much better with them there. It is indeedly.

Dogs are one of the most useful things for therapy I think. It's why I have a service dog.

They are.
I have 3 dogs at home. None are therapy dogs, but they help.

I wish I play with dogs at my sessions!lol
That would make it so much more enjoyable.

Reign Over Me was amazing. Though, I'm really easy to impress so...There wasn't anything I did not like about it. There were two parts where I really felt connected with the movie and related to it.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

Ah! About to go to a job interview at Pizza Hutt! I'm so excited.
What's awesome about this is after I got the phone call I was like, "Dang, I can't wait to post in the forum." It's like you guys are my little family now.lol
Well anywho, I hope everyone is having a good day :]
Less Than Beth
What's awesome about this is after I got the phone call I was like, "Dang, I can't wait to post in the forum." It's like you guys are my little family now.lol
oh YAY!! i hope you get it.
things are going good (for right now anyways)
so here we go yet again. such a pretty day out i mean great day and of course we have to pay for it late tonight and all day tomorrow. least i get a lil bit of a warning and Daddy will be home for most of it

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
so here we go yet again. such a pretty day out i mean great day and of course we have to pay for it late tonight and all day tomorrow. least i get a lil bit of a warning and Daddy will be home for most of it

I'm sorry, Kitten. Does the sound of the weather bother you? A lot of sounds bother me and when I know something is going to trigger me I put on my ears, those sound protectors you wear at the gun range. They're cheaper than Bose noise cancelling headphones and they work just as well. That could help cut out the sounds if that is what bothers you. I'm glad your Daddy will be there for most of it. That'll help I'm sure.

Less Than Beth

Congratulations Beth! I'm glad you feel like you can rely on us, even for the regular life things. How does your PTSD affect your ability to work?
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

I'm sorry, Kitten. Does the sound of the weather bother you? A lot of sounds bother me and when I know something is going to trigger me I put on my ears, those sound protectors you wear at the gun range. They're cheaper than Bose noise cancelling headphones and they work just as well. That could help cut out the sounds if that is what bothers you. I'm glad your Daddy will be there for most of it. That'll help I'm sure.

this is where i have trouble. i hate the sounds of the wind and the storms but i freak out even more if i can't hear or see what's going on. think it has a lot to do with the fact the one i was in hit at night so we never saw anything just darkness. and yeah its gonna be a life saver that Daddy's gonna be home

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm looking for tips on helping someone with PTSD.
My husband will be deployed in November, and even though it's a while away I want to make sure I know how to help him if he does come back with PTSD.

Friendly Guildsman

B E L L E__E N C R E
I'm looking for tips on helping someone with PTSD.
My husband will be deployed in November, and even though it's a while away I want to make sure I know how to help him if he does come back with PTSD.

In my opinion, the best thing to do is keep the lines of communication open. It is very difficult to talk about trauma and him knowing you're there will be very important. If he comes back with strange behaviors, like walking around the house at night or insisting on being armed, or jumping at strange noises, talk to him about them. Be on the look out for drinking as that is very very common with combat related PTSD.

You can also read up on it. There are a few books listed on the main page of this thread. You can also find a list here that is put together specifically for army wives.

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
this is where i have trouble. i hate the sounds of the wind and the storms but i freak out even more if i can't hear or see what's going on. think it has a lot to do with the fact the one i was in hit at night so we never saw anything just darkness. and yeah its gonna be a life saver that Daddy's gonna be home

God, that must be frustrating. It sounds like a no win situation. Does anything you've done helped you, besides having your Daddy there? I hope it's going well so far.

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
Thanks I will look into those links and get a few books from the library.
I just don't want him to know I'm researching it, he worries enough, he's already decided that if I stay in our duty station I'll find another Marine. I think he doesn't believe I can handle this lifestlye. I just plan on being fully prepared, I've heard horror stories from other wives, I plan on being there in anyway I can. Thanks for the tips and the links!

5,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
My best friend and roommate has PTSD. I thought I'd come in here and get myself acquainted with some of the regulars. Couldn't hurt anything I don't think.
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

God, that must be frustrating. It sounds like a no win situation. Does anything you've done helped you, besides having your Daddy there? I hope it's going well so far.
so far so good i've been tracking the storms from the time i got up this morning. i learned how to read radar maps and look for signs of tornadoes inside the radar. and when it does get bad i have a lil radio i keep going so i can go back and forth. that's how i cope with things i throw myself into tracking it and knowing what's going on around me. we had no warnings the night i got hit. about 2mins before it hit us i knew what it was i had spend all my science time in school studying them.. so i was able to get in our bathroom but when you're in a mobile home it doesn't help. i was drug through the debris of what was left and thrown around 325 yards to where i woke up. i think the worst part was being in that field for as long as i was knowing how bad i was hurt and that i couldn't help any of the others. the storm hit my house at 8:26 pm i finally got to the er at 1:03am so it was a long night in that cow field.
SelfMadeOrphan
My best friend and roommate has PTSD. I thought I'd come in here and get myself acquainted with some of the regulars. Couldn't hurt anything I don't think.
welcome and no i think its really great that you'd want to come in and have a look. always feel free to ask us question we'll help anyway we can User Image
B E L L E__E N C R E
Thanks I will look into those links and get a few books from the library.
I just don't want him to know I'm researching it, he worries enough, he's already decided that if I stay in our duty station I'll find another Marine. I think he doesn't believe I can handle this lifestlye. I just plan on being fully prepared, I've heard horror stories from other wives, I plan on being there in anyway I can. Thanks for the tips and the links!
*big hugs* i like you smile sorry i'm always very proud of our troops and the family that stands by them and the fact you want to be ready ahead of time just in case makes me wanna give ya a hug. hope all goes well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff