Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
iNecropheelYou
I didn't know this existed, but I'm so glad it does.
Mine causes me to be reduced to a zombie like state. It's like "No, not on drugs or tired, but not okay either."
Welcome to the thread!

Ah, so you like shut down when you get triggered, or? You're still talkable?

I need to get outside when I get bad.

Bashful Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Petrograd
iNecropheelYou
I didn't know this existed, but I'm so glad it does.
Mine causes me to be reduced to a zombie like state. It's like "No, not on drugs or tired, but not okay either."
Welcome to the thread!

Ah, so you like shut down when you get triggered, or? You're still talkable?

I need to get outside when I get bad.

Pretty much. Like, I can talk, but it's like talking to someone who's half asleep.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
iNecropheelYou
Pretty much. Like, I can talk, but it's like talking to someone who's half asleep.
Ah, okay.

Sounds rough, but I imagine it's your mind's way of protecting yourself from the situation.

The thread has been around several years now, it's a nice place to be able to talk about your experiences with people who understand. I'm sure you've noticed most people don't know how to talk about these things, so.

I have PTSD since a work accident in 2003. I was physically unharmed, but mentally devastated. I kept working there for 7 months before the PTSD had developed to the point where I couldn't work anymore.

How are you doing?

I like your name, it's funny razz

Bashful Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Petrograd
iNecropheelYou
Ah, okay.

Sounds rough, but I imagine it's your mind's way of protecting yourself from the situation.

The thread has been around several years now, it's a nice place to be able to talk about your experiences with people who understand. I'm sure you've noticed most people don't know how to talk about these things, so.

I have PTSD since a work accident in 2003. I was physically unharmed, but mentally devastated. I kept working there for 7 months before the PTSD had developed to the point where I couldn't work anymore.

How are you doing?

I like your name, it's funny razz

Makes sense. I'm okay, you?
And thanks XD

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
iNecropheelYou
And thanks XD
Ah xP

I'm so/so I suppose. I was doing pretty good but relapsed in March/April. I've been recovering since. Things have calmed down finally, so I'm starting to be able to go out more again which is nice xP

Bashful Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Petrograd
iNecropheelYou
And thanks XD
Ah xP

I'm so/so I suppose. I was doing pretty good but relapsed in March/April. I've been recovering since. Things have calmed down finally, so I'm starting to be able to go out more again which is nice xP

Oh I'm sorry. I'm glad things are improving, though.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
iNecropheelYou
Oh I'm sorry. I'm glad things are improving, though.
Thanks smile

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
Hey folks!

Im still waiting for PTSD therapy and autism screening to start. Still no ETA on PTSD therapy.

Im now hospitalized for acute suicidal risk. The waiting drives me nuts and I just felt it was never gonna improve.

Been here since 7 pm Thursday. Got 24/7 surveillance until Monday.

Im mostly okay with the surveillance now. Freaky if they stare at me while I sleep though.

I got triggered.badly yesterday when the.watch person moved.her comforter just inside the.room and asked if that was okay while.I tried.to sleep.

She quickly.retreated when I replied no but it took 20-30 minutes to calm down from the ensuing panic attack.
Petrograd
Hey folks!

Im still waiting for PTSD therapy and autism screening to start. Still no ETA on PTSD therapy.

Im now hospitalized for acute suicidal risk. The waiting drives me nuts and I just felt it was never gonna improve.

Im mostly okay with the surveillance now. Freaky if they stare at me while I sleep though.

I got triggered.badly yesterday when the.watch person moved.her comforter just inside the.room and asked if that was okay while.I tried.to sleep.

She quickly.retreated when I replied no but it took 20-30 minutes to calm down from the ensuing panic attack.

Hey, I know I don't post much but I have been following this thread.

I'm glad your in a hospital right now. Hospitals suck, but this is only temporary and hopefully your stay there will be a catalyst for you getting the help you need ASAP. Did you check yourself in? If so I'm glad you did. It takes a lot of courage to do that. Demanding the help you need, when you need it, is an important skill to have. Many people in your position might try to suffer through it. It takes a lot of courage to know when you can't do something on your own.

I've never stayed in a hospital long term on suicide watch...it sounds a bit weird to me that the watch person wanted to put their comforter in the room with you. Is that common practice? It just seems a bit unprofessional to me. It's good that she respected your wishes, though.

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
Long life of abuse by family. Medicine and nourishment were used, isolation, sexual abuse, you name it.

I'm 28 and ill on top of seizure disorder. Get SSI but it goes to a parent. Still living with the bastards.
Its dangerous here because they know I want to leave and with me goes their secrets and my income they're leeching.

But, my cell has been tapped, my facebook was hacked, and I dont know how to contact the outside world now. I'm not sure what's safe to do. I know I need to get to a domestic violence shelter, that's all. I want to do that before I get hurt.

Anyway I guess my brain is ready to deal with the past because Ive been having flashbacks and nightmares.

I also have schizophrenia so dealing with delusions, hallucinations and psychosis, usually at night. I dont know if they're keeping me from sleeping or if I have insomnia that is causing them. But I can go days drained of life due to my bad nights. I'm lucid and functional 95% of the time.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
MagicalPorpoise
Petrograd
Hey folks!

Hey, I know I don't post much but I have been following this thread.

I'm glad your in a hospital right now. Hospitals suck, but this is only temporary and hopefully your stay there will be a catalyst for you getting the help you need ASAP. Did you check yourself in? If so I'm glad you did. It takes a lot of courage to do that. Demanding the help you need, when you need it, is an important skill to have. Many people in your position might try to suffer through it. It takes a lot of courage to know when you can't do something on your own.

I've never stayed in a hospital long term on suicide watch...it sounds a bit weird to me that the watch person wanted to put their comforter in the room with you. Is that common practice? It just seems a bit unprofessional to me. It's good that she respected your wishes, though.
Thanks for the reply! Lurking is cool. Always good to have people who can post, wether they do it often or very rarely.

I live with my mom and she kinda checked me in. I knew it was happening and didnt object or try and flee or anything. I was open to the psychologist about my suicidal thoughts the day before which was what caused the psychiatric meeting. So my mom drove me threre and said she felt unable to guarantee my safety any longer.

She was trying to be considerate. She felt sorry for me when I undressed with the door open, allowing people to see me in the underwear. It was an attempt to fix that. We were both surprised I reacted the way I did o.o Was rough, possibly my worst triggered attack o.o

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
Hello.

Some of you probably do not remember me but I have been here before.

Anyways, I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2012. I was force to see a therapist after attempting to take my own life. I suffer from a disability that leaves me to be in chronic pain. I dealt with an abuse from my father throughout my childhood and was sexual assaulted by one of my closest friends.

Right now, I'm doing pretty poorly in my life. I do not know well with changes and a big change that has happened is me moving on my own since my relationship with my ex has ended. People tell me to open up with others and become more friendly but I always have this thought in the back of my head that they will hurt me or worse, as what happened with my close friend.

So yeah.. It has been a struggle.

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
Petrograd
Hey folks!

I'm new to the thread but want to say I'm proud of you for getting help. The hospital is terrifying but I like to remind myself that whatever I'm there for, I'm safer there than anywhere else. Hospitals are a place to heal. I really hope it helps you. Stay strong. emotion_bigheart

Heroic Pumpkin

22,600 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
Canterellare
Hello.

Anyways, I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2012. I was force to see a therapist after attempting to take my own life. I suffer from a disability that leaves me to be in chronic pain. I dealt with an abuse from my father throughout my childhood and was sexual assaulted by one of my closest friends.

Right now, I'm doing pretty poorly in my life. I do not know well with changes and a big change that has happened is me moving on my own since my relationship with my ex has ended. People tell me to open up with others and become more friendly but I always have this thought in the back of my head that they will hurt me or worse, as what happened with my close friend.

Hey. I'm currently reading a book, "the sexual healing journey" and it seems helpful. You may want to invest in some self help books. I'm sure a therapist could also help a lot with them. I also struggle with changes.

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
ST4CY
Canterellare
Hello.

Hey. I'm currently reading a book, "the sexual healing journey" and it seems helpful. You may want to invest in some self help books. I'm sure a therapist could also help a lot with them. I also struggle with changes.

I'll check that book out.

I have two self-help books over PTSD. One is Healing Together and the other was PTSD workbook with different types of coping skills to use. However, I lost the last one after I moved.

What do you do to handle changes?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces