Welcome to Gaia! ::

underdog-kitten

Lil Enslaved Kitten
hello there. sorry its had to be in a thread for something like this but it is nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you too. I agree that the circumstances of meeting are a shame but at least we can both get support here from people who understand. smile
yeah it is i love this place so much

Friendly Guildsman

underdog-kitten
Currently an extra year of high school and even if I managed to pass all 4 courses this semester (I doubt I will though) I still won't have enough for a diploma so next year, I get to go to an adult school to take more courses. Currently not on any medications but when I see my psychiatrist, I'm going to do something I should have done a while ago. I will be saying how bad things actually are instead of lying and saying I'm fine even when I know I'm not.

I really wish you luck. It is so difficult to be honest about how the trauma makes you feel.

Lil Enslaved Kitten
no lil madison didn't make it crying .. i still find myself looking up old news articles and pics from the storm i also still have all the pics of my poor car that was total in it. i'm always sad when i get done looking through everything but i've learned to see it as a reminder that i lived through it

I'm sorry to hear she didn't make it. I like that, reminder of what you lived through. I think it's amazing how a life threatening event makes you appreciate life. After my shooting I came up with this saying. Eat the damn hamburger. If you're going to regret not eating the hamburger if you were to die, you should eat it. That goes with anything else. I guess it's my way of saying don't live with regrets. Tell the people you love them that you love them and do the things you want to do with your life.
grinningjester

Lil Enslaved Kitten
no lil madison didn't make it crying .. i still find myself looking up old news articles and pics from the storm i also still have all the pics of my poor car that was total in it. i'm always sad when i get done looking through everything but i've learned to see it as a reminder that i lived through it

I'm sorry to hear she didn't make it. I like that, reminder of what you lived through. I think it's amazing how a life threatening event makes you appreciate life. After my shooting I came up with this saying. Eat the damn hamburger. If you're going to regret not eating the hamburger if you were to die, you should eat it. That goes with anything else. I guess it's my way of saying don't live with regrets. Tell the people you love them that you love them and do the things you want to do with your life.
good way to put it. well as of last night we have 2 dead here not far from my house they got hit by one really hard yesterday. we we're lucky and missed but i had a really hard time sleeping last night cause it started raining again and i keep thinking i know what its like to be out there after that and the fear that goes through you when the rain hits again wondering if its gonna hit again. it made for a really long night last night and still feeling rough today cry

Friendly Guildsman

Lil Enslaved Kitten
good way to put it. well as of last night we have 2 dead here not far from my house they got hit by one really hard yesterday. we we're lucky and missed but i had a really hard time sleeping last night cause it started raining again and i keep thinking i know what its like to be out there after that and the fear that goes through you when the rain hits again wondering if its gonna hit again. it made for a really long night last night and still feeling rough today cry

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad you are okay. Have you ever considered moving somewhere that doesn't have tornadoes?
grinningjester
Lil Enslaved Kitten

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm glad you are okay. Have you ever considered moving somewhere that doesn't have tornadoes?
Daddy was gonna take a job in new jersey but then we found out i was pregnant and the move just didn't seem right. plus as crazy as it sounds i can't see myself ever living any where but TN it scares me sometimes but i love this place. we're getting hit again today so wish us luck that we all stay safe

Friendly Guildsman

Does anyone else have a PRN, or a sedative type medication they are to take when they have panic attacks or flashbacks? Do you take yours? Does it help? If you ever choose not to take it, why? Do you wish you had a PRN and if so why?
I was diagnosed almost a year ago.

I've had all sorts of social problems when I was younger. Nowadays I'm not as bad so long as it's a group I feel I can fit in with. I occasionally have small anxiety attacks but I've gotten good at masking them so I don't hyperventilate awkwardly in the middle of a crowded elevator or something. I just kinda stand there and awkwardly yawn. A lot.

I still do have issues with other situations though. Nightmares and the like. I lost my mom with no warning about a month before my HS graduation and I have usually one nightmare a week where I'm looking for her and can't find her. My mother had issues with depression and there was some emotional and physical abuse which I had blocked out. My HS principal was talking to me about some of these events last year and I just did not remember them until he brought them up. confused

Lastly, there's my ex. Shortly after we got involved he was in a housefire that nearly took his life. I frequently have nightmares of my friends getting caught in flames and I have no power to do anything about it. My worst trigger also has to do with this ex but that's a subject I refuse to touch on. That'll probably come back to bite me in the a** someday. gonk

I'm not being treated via medication. I'm not a fan of medication after Zoloft screwed me up enough to flip a table when I was 15 during an argument with my mom. I'm just floating along by myself and trying to deal with it and come up with coping skills on my own. Sometimes I'll get into these "moods" but so long as I remember it'll pass, I can control them with minimal difficulty. I'll rely on close non-judgmental friends to vent at, but I try to keep myself away from everyone else when I'm in those moods.

When it gets really bad I just use alcohol to calm my nerves.
grinningjester
Does anyone else have a PRN, or a sedative type medication they are to take when they have panic attacks or flashbacks? Do you take yours? Does it help? If you ever choose not to take it, why? Do you wish you had a PRN and if so why?
i use to have to keep PRN with me all the time and yeah i would take em but when i started having drug problems i got to where i'd take more then i should. so i stopped carrying them when i got cleaned up.
Roxi Lamarr
I was diagnosed almost a year ago.

I've had all sorts of social problems when I was younger. Nowadays I'm not as bad so long as it's a group I feel I can fit in with. I occasionally have small anxiety attacks but I've gotten good at masking them so I don't hyperventilate awkwardly in the middle of a crowded elevator or something. I just kinda stand there and awkwardly yawn. A lot.

I still do have issues with other situations though. Nightmares and the like. I lost my mom with no warning about a month before my HS graduation and I have usually one nightmare a week where I'm looking for her and can't find her. My mother had issues with depression and there was some emotional and physical abuse which I had blocked out. My HS principal was talking to me about some of these events last year and I just did not remember them until he brought them up. confused

Lastly, there's my ex. Shortly after we got involved he was in a housefire that nearly took his life. I frequently have nightmares of my friends getting caught in flames and I have no power to do anything about it. My worst trigger also has to do with this ex but that's a subject I refuse to touch on. That'll probably come back to bite me in the a** someday. gonk

I'm not being treated via medication. I'm not a fan of medication after Zoloft screwed me up enough to flip a table when I was 15 during an argument with my mom. I'm just floating along by myself and trying to deal with it and come up with coping skills on my own. Sometimes I'll get into these "moods" but so long as I remember it'll pass, I can control them with minimal difficulty. I'll rely on close non-judgmental friends to vent at, but I try to keep myself away from everyone else when I'm in those moods.

When it gets really bad I just use alcohol to calm my nerves.
so sorry to hear that about you mother. glad you found us. hope you can find pleanty of help here and feel free to vent and ask any questions you may have.

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

Hey everyone. I hope all is well.
It's been awhile since I've been on here due to work, which I'm greatful for. I'm happy to see new people getting involved with the forum, and really impressed with the way it's progressed.
Apologies to grinningjester about not including the warning for Reign Over Me, though I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Lil Enslaved Kitten, I hope youre doing okay with all the storms we've been having these past couple of days. Everytime it starts raining hard I'm wishing you well.lol

Some things new about me concerning my PTSD:
I've found that some things in my work enviroment are triggering and though I'm trying my hardest to ignore them it still slightly stresses me out. Hearing dishes being slammed around is a commen occurence and I knew that when I applied for the job but I didn't realize that it was going to have this much of an affect on me. Hearing the loud noises doesn't upset me, it just makes me feel uneasy and a little overwhelmed.

Friendly Guildsman

Roxi Lamarr
I was diagnosed almost a year ago. I still do have issues with other situations though. Nightmares and the like. I'm not being treated via medication. I'm not a fan of medication after Zoloft screwed me up enough to flip a table when I was 15 during an argument with my mom. I'm just floating along by myself and trying to deal with it and come up with coping skills on my own. Sometimes I'll get into these "moods" but so long as I remember it'll pass, I can control them with minimal difficulty. I'll rely on close non-judgmental friends to vent at, but I try to keep myself away from everyone else when I'm in those moods. When it gets really bad I just use alcohol to calm my nerves.

I find support is always helpful in dealing with PTSD. I have a lot of trouble with nightmares too. I used to self medicate with alcohol and vicodin. But that didn't make the problem any better, it just added more problems. Now I am on sleep medications that don't leave me with a hangover, craving more, or being drunk at my wife. I cannot sleep without assistance at all. Coping skills are huge. What kind of coping skills do you use? They may help others if you share them. I use reality checks, my service dog, positive thinking, desensitization, stress relief activities, and venting.

Less Than Beth
Hey everyone. I hope all is well.
It's been awhile since I've been on here due to work, which I'm greatful for. I'm happy to see new people getting involved with the forum, and really impressed with the way it's progressed.
Apologies to grinningjester about not including the warning for Reign Over Me, though I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Lil Enslaved Kitten, I hope youre doing okay with all the storms we've been having these past couple of days. Everytime it starts raining hard I'm wishing you well.lol

Some things new about me concerning my PTSD:
I've found that some things in my work enviroment are triggering and though I'm trying my hardest to ignore them it still slightly stresses me out. Hearing dishes being slammed around is a commen occurence and I knew that when I applied for the job but I didn't realize that it was going to have this much of an affect on me. Hearing the loud noises doesn't upset me, it just makes me feel uneasy and a little overwhelmed.
Congratulations on the job! Yay! What kind of job? Is there a way to avoid the sound, like ear plugs?

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

grinningjester

Congratulations on the job! Yay! What kind of job? Is there a way to avoid the sound, like ear plugs?

Thank you!
I'm a server at Pizza Hut.
Ooo, ear plugs. I wish I could wear ear plugs some times XD
But seeing as I have to actually listen to the customer, it would be frowned upon to use anything to deflate the noise.lol
It's funny because when I hear things being shut or dropped around my house I've always felt uneasy and whatnot. I never thought I would feel the same way at work. It's an incovience but nothing I can do about it. That's how I see it anyway.

Friendly Guildsman

Less Than Beth
grinningjester

Thank you!
I'm a server at Pizza Hut.
Ooo, ear plugs. I wish I could wear ear plugs some times XD
But seeing as I have to actually listen to the customer, it would be frowned upon to use anything to deflate the noise.lol
It's funny because when I hear things being shut or dropped around my house I've always felt uneasy and whatnot. I never thought I would feel the same way at work. It's an incovience but nothing I can do about it. That's how I see it anyway.

I'm glad it's more of an inconvenience than a hindrance. That is good. Maybe with time it'll get easier.
Less Than Beth
i manged to do ok i broke down a few times but other then that all is well. so glad to hear from you when the storms moved up your way Friday i got nervous for you. glad to hear your new job is going well other then the triggers. i was the same way at sonic for a long time i would jump everytime someone threw something in the sink. one thing that helped me with that (may not work for you i know lol) i had my manager train me in the back for about a month so i was right in the middle of it. the first week was really hard but after that i just feel into the grove of the work back there with all the others and it made going back up front easier on me. *hugs* still so glad to hear from you. ( i worry to much lol ) blaugh

purple_FILLLTH's Pardner

Greedy Fatcat

Lil Enslaved Kitten
i manged to do ok i broke down a few times but other then that all is well. so glad to hear from you when the storms moved up your way Friday i got nervous for you. glad to hear your new job is going well other then the triggers. i was the same way at sonic for a long time i would jump everytime someone threw something in the sink. one thing that helped me with that (may not work for you i know lol) i had my manager train me in the back for about a month so i was right in the middle of it. the first week was really hard but after that i just feel into the grove of the work back there with all the others and it made going back up front easier on me. *hugs* still so glad to hear from you. ( i worry to much lol ) blaugh

I'm glad youre okay and everything worked out for by finding a way to adjust. Everything is so new so I probably just need to ride through it and adapt. :]
And you don't worry too much, it's nice to know I'm being thought of 3nodding

grinningjester

Indeed :]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out