Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Lady-Sanctuary
Anyone want to give me tips for flrting with a girl?
I know she's bi but I don't know if she's into me...

Hmm.... how about you be straightforward and ask her for coffee or something. That is a nice start. Show some interest yourself and see whether it's mutual or not.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
earthowl
Wassup?

Your tails are up.

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Hiya everyone~
(random train of thought..)

I shouldn't even be caring about this game our uni social club were playing for fun but this time it got me thinking. It's called the chair game ( a bit like musical chairs) where there is the "it" person in the middle who has to come up with a characteristic to get everyone to switch their seats, for a chance to grab their seat and gradually seats get taken away. E.g if someone asked, "Everyone with brown hair" or "Everyone who is wearing black", people who satisfy the criteria have to go and find another chair to sit on. Most of the time, members only ask of physical/appearances but I guess I was caught off guard, when the "it" asked "people who like girls" and then "people who like boys". -.-" I wasn't ready to come out to the club so you guessed it, I got up at the latter. Afterwards, it felt like I was lying..sigh. But when I meet up with my high school friends next week, I'll tell them. Though I am waiting for the right person to take away the lock and key and pull me out of my closet.

Greedy Fatcat

I'm surprised people at your university would choose qualifiers like that. For someone who's not out yet that could feel really uncomfortable, especially if you can't be sure how the social environment might take it.

I've been so glad no one at the university has ever expressed any kind of awkwardness towards me having a girlfriend. I don't underline it, but I don't hide it either.

I'm feeling a little uneasy attending my girlfriend's sister's wedding as my girlfriend's +1. Her immediate family know about us, but extended family doesn't. I just hope it doesn't cause any drama. gonk

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Hi Tala,

I have to agree with Karoish. A qualifier like that COULD make people feel uncomfortable. I would have been caught off guard too thinking "Why did they ask that?" Just remember that you can wait to come out when you are comfortable.
Hello, everybody. How is everbody? Alive at the very least, I hope. Been a while since I last posted in this thread. What's new?

5,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ok, i'm gender fluid (if thats the right term) and i was curious where can i get a good binder? i'm a 40 F or so, and i wanted to get a good binder.

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Gaian 50
is it sexual attraction, emotional attraction, intellectual, or other kinds of attraction that defines someone's sexuality?
Tikikala
is it sexual attraction, emotional attraction, intellectual, or other kinds of attraction that defines someone's sexuality?

I like to believe it's a weird combination of both all of the above and none of the above. Either you have to do some serious soul searching and experimentation to figure it out or you just know. Everybody's different.

6,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Gaian 50
Necrose Macelar
Tikikala

I like to believe it's a weird combination of both all of the above and none of the above. Either you have to do some serious soul searching and experimentation to figure it out or you just know. Everybody's different.

I think I am sexually attracted to men, but I sure am not emotionally attracted to either lol.
intellectually it is also even...
Tikikala
Necrose Macelar
Tikikala

I think I am sexually attracted to men, but I sure am not emotionally attracted to either lol.
intellectually it is also even...

Looks to me like you might need to figure it out, then. It's not so bad, if you've a spine of steel and are sure enough in yourself that you want what you're getting into. You meet interesting new people, learn some things about yourself and your fellow man. I had to figure it out for myself. Kinda not fair that I had to suffer so much indecision when others get to wake up one day and say without even having to try to figure it out, "Yes, I am gay / bisexual / lesbian / asexual / whatever. I know that." but then, I'm not really good at making these kinds of decisions, so who's to say I made the right one, right? But then, I think I'm kinda blessed in having to figure out my own sexual preferences, as I most likely find it easier to try something else than someone who knew for a fact early they were born one way or another. Just my opinion, though.

So, what do you want? Based on what you said, I think you're going to have to work for your answer.

StarLightBreak's Husband

Married Noob

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Tikikala

I think it's a mixture of all three.
Tikikala

I don't think that this question is ever asked enough. I know there is obviously no concrete way to put this, but here is my opinion:

I have always considered sexuality to be entirely sexual. It is possible to be really attracted to a boy because he's sweet, and he's funny, and he's all these things, but you know you wouldn't have sex with him because your sexual preference is women. Does that makes sense? I think sexual attraction defines your sexuality. But there are so many other kinds of attraction, and you can have feelings for someone romantically but wouldn't have sex with them. I think orientations are just poorly defined in themselves. I hope this wasn't confusing.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Tikikala

It think it's all types of attraction that defines someone's sexuality. I'd say that it's not just sexual attraction, or emotional attraction, or romantic attraction. I think all of the attractions play a part in defining one's sexuality. Each attraction is very different but I think you really have to look at them all to define your sexuality.
OkamisDream
Ok, i'm gender fluid (if thats the right term) and i was curious where can i get a good binder? i'm a 40 F or so, and i wanted to get a good binder.

Hi there, Okamis Dream! I didn't see that anyone else had answered your question so I thought I'd take it upon myself to do just that. Hudson's FTM Resource site has a great page on binding and the many ways to do it along with links to different places online and information about places offline where you can get binders or materials for binding. You can find this page: HERE!

While the information is from a site that focuses on transfolk who are FTM there isn't any reason why you couldn't put the information to use for yourself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff