Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
The Amberluna
Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

I'm a 20 year old panromantic (though at times, I lean more towards homoromantic) asexual. I found out about asexuality in December 2010, and I've been relatively content with my orientation/identity since then.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. ^__^ If anyone ever needs someone to talk to, my inbox is always open. Take care!

Hello, welcome to the thread. It's definitely a good feeling when you feel relatively content with your orientation/identity. I'm still trying to come to terms with my transsexual identity but it's getting better. I'm feeling a little more confident and I am starting to come to terms with it. It can still be hard accepting it at times but at least I know who I am.
How long have you been identifying as transsexual? smile It's good that you're feeling more confident with the whole thing, though. I can only imagine how hard that must be.

I've had feelings about wanting to be a girl since I was about 10 (I'm 19 now). I haven't been identifying as trans for that long though. I guess I officially came out to myself and started identifying as trans in late November/early December. It definitely is hard. I'm still in the closet, except for my two best friends, and I have absolutely no idea how the rest of my friends and family will react. The topic has actually never come up so I can't make a prediction based off of anything.
Ah. Growing up must have been hard for you.

But at least you've made the first step by admitting it to yourself. That's the most important thing in the end. As long as you're comfortable with your identity, it really doesn't matter what other people think. heart Are your two best friends supportive? As for telling your family... Don't feel like you have to explain things right away. That can be scary.

I wouldn't necessarily say that growing up was hard, it was very confusing and I didn't know why I felt the way I did. I was a little scared, thinking that something was wrong with me. I'd say mostly confusing.

My two best friends are alright with it. One friend said that he was fine with it and promised to keep it a secret. We haven't talked about it since then but he wouldn't mind if I brought it up. My other friend is finding it a little hard but she's supportive and is adjusting to the idea. It's just hard for her because we're really close friends and she's known me as a guy since we were little kids and she was also my girlfriend at one point. Both have been pretty accepting and supportive.

Coming out is definitely hard and scary. I'm not sure when I'll come out. I know that I don't have to yet and I don't feel ready yet. I'll tell them when I feel comfortable telling them and feel like I'm ready. All I can do is hope for the best for when that time comes.

Lonely Phantom

Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Flickering Hope
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

I'm a 20 year old panromantic (though at times, I lean more towards homoromantic) asexual. I found out about asexuality in December 2010, and I've been relatively content with my orientation/identity since then.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. ^__^ If anyone ever needs someone to talk to, my inbox is always open. Take care!

Hello, welcome to the thread. It's definitely a good feeling when you feel relatively content with your orientation/identity. I'm still trying to come to terms with my transsexual identity but it's getting better. I'm feeling a little more confident and I am starting to come to terms with it. It can still be hard accepting it at times but at least I know who I am.
How long have you been identifying as transsexual? smile It's good that you're feeling more confident with the whole thing, though. I can only imagine how hard that must be.

I've had feelings about wanting to be a girl since I was about 10 (I'm 19 now). I haven't been identifying as trans for that long though. I guess I officially came out to myself and started identifying as trans in late November/early December. It definitely is hard. I'm still in the closet, except for my two best friends, and I have absolutely no idea how the rest of my friends and family will react. The topic has actually never come up so I can't make a prediction based off of anything.
Ah. Growing up must have been hard for you.

But at least you've made the first step by admitting it to yourself. That's the most important thing in the end. As long as you're comfortable with your identity, it really doesn't matter what other people think. heart Are your two best friends supportive? As for telling your family... Don't feel like you have to explain things right away. That can be scary.

I wouldn't necessarily say that growing up was hard, it was very confusing and I didn't know why I felt the way I did. I was a little scared, thinking that something was wrong with me. I'd say mostly confusing.

My two best friends are alright with it. One friend said that he was fine with it and promised to keep it a secret. We haven't talked about it since then but he wouldn't mind if I brought it up. My other friend is finding it a little hard but she's supportive and is adjusting to the idea. It's just hard for her because we're really close friends and she's known me as a guy since we were little kids and she was also my girlfriend at one point. Both have been pretty accepting and supportive.

Coming out is definitely hard and scary. I'm not sure when I'll come out. I know that I don't have to yet and I don't feel ready yet. I'll tell them when I feel comfortable telling them and feel like I'm ready. All I can do is hope for the best for when that time comes.

That's all you can hope for. Good luck! cat_3nodding

StarLightBreak's Husband

Married Noob

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

Hello! It's good that you are ok with who you are, cause in the long run that's all that matters smile
Took me forever to accept who I was. Anyways, I'm Sco, nice to meet ya.
scovill99999
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

Hello! It's good that you are ok with who you are, cause in the long run that's all that matters smile
Hi, Sco. It's nice to meet you. =) What do you identify as? (Sorry if you've mentioned it recently. I'm too lazy to go through posts and find out. Hehe.)

StarLightBreak's Husband

Married Noob

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
The Amberluna
scovill99999
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

Hi, Sco. It's nice to meet you. =) What do you identify as? (Sorry if you've mentioned it recently. I'm too lazy to go through posts and find out. Hehe.)

I'm a gay male. And actually I don't remember the last time I said that on this thread, so if you went post hunting it might've taken days... haha
scovill99999
The Amberluna
scovill99999
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

I'm a gay male. And actually I don't remember the last time I said that on this thread, so if you went post hunting it might've taken days... haha
Ah, cool. One of my close friends IRL is a gay male. He's pretty awesome. heart I don't get to see him nearly as much as I used to.

StarLightBreak's Husband

Married Noob

9,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
The Amberluna
scovill99999
The Amberluna
scovill99999
The Amberluna
Hello, everyone! 4laugh

Ah, cool. One of my close friends IRL is a gay male. He's pretty awesome. heart I don't get to see him nearly as much as I used to.

That's cool. It's always too bad when you don't get to see your older friends as much though.

Explorer

Hello!
I'm a lurker on this thread, popped in a few times.
Anyway, I had a bit of an...intimate question, sorry if it's too much so.
Do you think that contraception is important for same sex couples? Does it ruin the experience at all?
The last time I was here I identified as bisexual, now I've come to terms with the fact I'm lesbian inn the last year and I'm finally happy with myself, Nice to see you all.

Hallowed Wench

-The Kitschy

Hello!
I'm a lurker on this thread, popped in a few times.
Anyway, I had a bit of an...intimate question, sorry if it's too much so.
Do you think that contraception is important for same sex couples? Does it ruin the experience at all?
The last time I was here I identified as bisexual, now I've come to terms with the fact I'm lesbian inn the last year and I'm finally happy with myself, Nice to see you all.

Rubbers are definitely a must for male on male, since with a**l you risk STDs and you can also can get a UTI. Its worth the drop off in sensitivity to wear a condoms as a UTI hurts like crap and the medical bills for the doc visit and medicine hurt the pocket book.

I imagine if you're having one night stands, it would be worth investing in dental dams and condoms for toys or fingers for a female on female sex.

Hope this helps.

-EDIT-
To me its worth having the extra protection and it doesn't ruin my enthusiasm or my good times.

Beloved Friend

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
i need help with my sexuality o:
idk wat wrong with me but like i think im a lez
at first i was bi or thought i was
but idk i still like a few boys i think or im just tricking myself thinking that i like boys
i like girls more i already kn that
but idk D: sum1 help plzz
advice? yes. D:

5,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Gay Bacon Swagg
but idk i still like a few boys i think or im just tricking myself thinking that i like boys
advice? yes. D:

It seems you're trainsexual, going off of your signature.
so...three out of four of my best friends died last weekend by drunk and underaged driving...i haven't gone back to school yet because i'm so upset about it...and my mom went thru my fone and saw a message to my boyfriend confessing that i had a crush on one of them he was fine with it and has been trying to make me happy and has been so supportive thru this but my mom decided to exploit this and start harassing me about my sexuality again...it really hurts she'd do this during a moment of weakness and that this is what she's thinking about this and how to tear me down over the fact i'm bisexual when three of her "other children" are now gone

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Gay Bacon Swagg
advice? yes. D:

If you do like both girls and guys then that would make you bisexual. Most bisexuals do tend to lean one way more than the other. That could make you bisexual with a preference towards women. However, if you think that you're only tricking yourself into thinking that you like boys, when you don't have any interest in them whatsoever and are only interested in women, then you would probably be a lesbian. You're the only one that can say what you're sexual orientation is however. If you're really not sure then you might want to explore it a little. You don't have to rush to figure this out and give yourself a label. Just take some time to figure it out. I'm sure you'll come to figure out what your sexuality is.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
nel216
so...three out of four of my best friends died last weekend by drunk and underaged driving...i haven't gone back to school yet because i'm so upset about it...and my mom went thru my fone and saw a message to my boyfriend confessing that i had a crush on one of them he was fine with it and has been trying to make me happy and has been so supportive thru this but my mom decided to exploit this and start harassing me about my sexuality again...it really hurts she'd do this during a moment of weakness and that this is what she's thinking about this and how to tear me down over the fact i'm bisexual when three of her "other children" are now gone

That sounds terrible. I'm so sorry. I hope that things get better and that your mom can someday accept your bisexuality. *hugs* If you want someone to talk to, I'm here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff