Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
pythonesque
TigerLilyChick
So since I still don't have my own car, I officially had to kill my hopes for going to the Pride festival in my state.
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Same.
It's at least a 2.5 hour drive to any of the Pride events, so I don't think I'll be going to anything. Booo.

With my case, the drive is nowhere near that long, but I'm not out to my family. With my own car, I can go anywhere (I highly doubt anyone in my family would take me to Pride). There's always next year, hopefully.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
So, dear GLBTIAQ community, should I tell my dad I'm bi?

I knew I'm not straight since I was 11, knew I'm not gay since I was 15, accepted my sexuality since 16, so I don't think it's a phase.

He's real OK with non-heteros(working in a gay villiage for over a decade requires it) and I'm engaged to a straight/demisexual guy anyway, so I've never seen a real point. But I'm coming clean about many things I hid from them, and it's always an option to throw it as a by-the-way comment.

Kawaii Fatcat

TigerLilyChick
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Yeah, that makes it difficult.:C That's a bummer.
If I really, REALLY wanted to go, I probably could work it out with my family. But, I've had work trainings on the weekends as well.

Kawaii Fatcat

nitznitz
⇉ ♛ ⇇
I don't think anyone should have to come out because they feel like they should. However, if you think it would make you happier and help your relationship, I'd say go ahead and do it.
When I told my mom, I just told her one day on a car ride. I had practiced writing letters to give her so I knew what to say.
Here's an advice question about coming out to your parents: comin' out via Everyoneisgay.com
Hope that helps a ,little!

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
pythonesque
TigerLilyChick
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Yeah, that makes it difficult.:C That's a bummer.
If I really, REALLY wanted to go, I probably could work it out with my family. But, I've had work trainings on the weekends as well.

I also read today that anyone who plans to drive to the festival is strongly suggested to buy a parking pass to park in a nearby garage due to expected high attendance (and to ensure a parking spot). Guess who doesn't have a credit card? emotion_awesome

Kawaii Fatcat

TigerLilyChick
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Oh, dear.
Yeah, people really jack up parking prices when they know events are going to be popular.
I can't remember where I went, but we had our parking included with whatever we were doing, and people were charging $50-100 just to be able to park in their driveways nearby.

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
pythonesque
TigerLilyChick
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Oh, dear.
Yeah, people really jack up parking prices when they know events are going to be popular.
I can't remember where I went, but we had our parking included with whatever we were doing, and people were charging $50-100 just to be able to park in their driveways nearby.

From what I read, the parking pass range between $8 and $31 depending on where you want to park.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
pythonesque
nitznitz
⇉ ♛ ⇇
I don't think anyone should have to come out because they feel like they should. However, if you think it would make you happier and help your relationship, I'd say go ahead and do it.
When I told my mom, I just told her one day on a car ride. I had practiced writing letters to give her so I knew what to say.
Here's an advice question about coming out to your parents: comin' out via Everyoneisgay.com
Hope that helps a ,little!

I told my mom as a side statement, saying it as if she's known all along. She thought it was a phase.

Dangerous Millionaire

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hello! Im new to this thread, Im 18 yrs old
My orientation is Gay.
Im more ashamed than proud but I cant help myself

My parents still dont know and if they do
well then we never confronted each other
over this, I dont care if they know
as long as they dont bother me
I wont tell them so they have to find it out
themselves, if they never find out i wont care
I dont see how it matters

My friends dont know, I go to a school where
most girls support gays, lesbians ...etc
but the guys are more cruel

I had a sexual intercourse once smile those were
the most scariest moments of my life but it was nice biggrin
it turned out amazing....however i send that "triple gran hijueputa" a la puta mierda
he deserves it smile he also deserves una chancleta across his face y despues un fuetazo en las nalgas con la correa .__.

Kawaii Fatcat

TigerLilyChick
pythonesque
TigerLilyChick
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Oh, dear.

From what I read, the parking pass range between $8 and $31 depending on where you want to park.
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Yeah, I think it was a concert I went to and parking passes were only 20 bucks.

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Zenbonzakura_17
Hello! Im new to this thread, Im 18 yrs old
My orientation is Gay.
Im more ashamed than proud but I cant help myself

My parents still dont know and if they do
well then we never confronted each other
over this, I dont care if they know
as long as they dont bother me
I wont tell them so they have to find it out
themselves, if they never find out i wont care
I dont see how it matters

My friends dont know, I go to a school where
most girls support gays, lesbians ...etc
but the guys are more cruel

I had a sexual intercourse once smile those were
the most scariest moments of my life but it was nice biggrin
it turned out amazing....however i send that "triple gran hijueputa" a la puta mierda
he deserves it smile he also deserves una chancleta across his face y despues un fuetazo en las nalgas con la correa .__.

Welcome to the thread!
Heteromantic Asexual here. 24 years old and female. Mother and wife (6 years this Friday).

Thought this might be interesting for those who are transgendered, but this was sort of uncommon in the Native America's, yet accepted freely. Here's the fun read. I grew up in the Native cultures and learned a lot of traditions, so it was amazing to hear my Chief openly chat about such things.

Kawaii Fatcat

⇉ ♛ ⇇
Do people think using gay as an insult is going to die away any time soon?
Encountered this today and I'm rather frustrated with it still.

Invisible Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Timid 100
pythonesque
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Do people think using gay as an insult is going to die away any time soon?
Encountered this today and I'm rather frustrated with it still.

No, I don't see this going away anytime soon, I don't think people mean it to hurt members in the gay community anymore but it's become worked into our language, like gyped.

Kawaii Fatcat

Im sorry for being black
⇉ ♛ ⇇
Maybe.
I've heard younger boys use it directly meaning that gay means liking guys and that being a bad thing. I wasn't thinking of this when I posted initially, but I thought of it now.
I am in a rural area where people are still very judgmental.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff