Submit

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:26 am
User Image

All | Evening Night | Ever Sacrifice | Nacio | Wild Wind | Vidia | Omani'ceta

Page 6

01. Navigation
    02. [ORP] Narrow-Minded Encounter (Wild Wind)
    03. [PRP] Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Gemma and Vidia)
    04. [PRP] Birds of a Feather (Wild Wind and Fajera)
    05. [PRP] Soiled Vision (Vidia and Wild Wind)
    06. [PRP] There's a Chill in the Air (Kal and Vidia)
    07. [AIM] I'm Not Alone (Maelstrom, Balrog, and Wild Wind)
    08. [PRP] Protector (Finn and Vidia)
    09. [PRP] Seedlings and Flowers Blooming? (Peony and Nacio)
    10. [PRP] Ew, Boys Have Cooties (Ferrao and Vidia)
    11. [PRP] How do you breath under there? (Caelyndei and Wild Wind)
    12. [PRP] Patience is a Virtue (AF Final Quest "Journey" and Ever Sacrifice)
    13. [PRP] Secret Garden (Peony and Nacio)
    14. [PRP] The Same Old Routine (Althalus and Vidia)
    15. [NEWS] Strengthening the Breed (Wild Wind and Family)

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:31 am
[Open Roleplay]
Narrow-Minded Encounter [link]

(Wild Wind, Evelyn, and Uwoduhi'Suli)
September 1, 2007

User Image User Image
User Image

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:34 pm
[Private Roleplay]
Girls Just Want To Have Fun [link]

(Gemma and Vidia)
October 1, 2007

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:49 pm
[Private Roleplay]
Birds of a Feather [link]

(Fajera and Wild Wind)
October 6, 2007

User Image
User Image

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:06 pm
[Private Roleplay]
Soiled Vision [link]

(Vidia and Wild Wind)
January 30, 2008

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:13 pm
[Private Roleplay]
There's a Chill in the Air [link]

(Kal and Vidia)
October 30, 2007

User Image
User Image

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:51 am
[AIM Roleplay]
I'm Not Alone

Maelstrom, Wild Wind, Balrog
November 4, 2007
User Image User Image
User Image

Sabin Duvert
Maelstrom was rarely separate from her sister. The two of them got along frighteningly well and were frequently almost of the same mind when it came to anything. However, after her last encounter with the mad skinwalker, Sirius, and her subsequent injury, Maelstrom had spent more time by herself, licking her wounds. She didn't like to show her weakness, and so she hoped to recover mostly by herself. She had learned that much from her father, at least.

So she was resting - reclining in the warm sunlight on an isolated peak of their mountain territory. The wound was healing well, thank goodness, but it was still highly embarrassing to the proud mare.

Lady Evelyn Nyht
No luck, no luck, no luck. He hadn't gotten very far in any of his planning and spent most of his time flying about the mountain just looking over the area he was fond of. Everyone seemed to be against him, it seemed. His rival was of no use and was too brain washed to do anything but ogle of his mate and their children.

He gazed back at the scenery, allowing it to soothe his nerves and bring him at peace. His bicolored gaze beheld something he had never seen before. A mare? He swooped down lower, pulling his legs up towards him before he let them touch the ground. Perfect landing.

Now that he was closer, it was indeed a mare. He didn't notice the injury just that she had wings.
"Harken! Another of my kind, I see. Praise be to the Gods!"

Sabin Duvert
The shift of the winds as it carried another strong soquili in her direction caught Maelstrom's attention before the proud stallion touched down beside her. Her ears pricked and she got quickly to her feet as she watched him circle closer. She certainly had never seen him before. And what a sight to behold - his wings darkened the skies as he soared between her and the sun.

She tossed her mane, strategically covering the gash to her neck and ruffled her own wings, a courageous smile. "And an unfortunate rare sight these days it seems. But it seems the winds have brought you to green pastures, stranger." She flicked her tail and watched him execute a beautiful landing.

Lady Evelyn Nyht
The medicine paint tossed his head, letting the beads click together with the sudden action. "I must agree, however sad that sounds." He allowed himself to take in the sight of her since it had been quite some time since he gazed upon another wind, let alone a female. But not to let wanton get in the way, he believed in keeping as close to pleasantries as he could. "The name is Wild Wind," he said as he stuck out his best leg and bowed towards her.

"These mountains remind me of my old home that is far from here," he said with a wistful sigh. He was slightly homesick, but there was no turning back now. "Do you call this realm home as well?"

Sabin Duvert
The pale mare kept her head high, ascenting in acknowledgment and a friendly greeting. "Wild Wind... A name that suits you well, I must say. I am Maelstrom, daughter of Balrog and Stormwild. And our herd calls these lands home." Her eyes shone with curiosity and interest as she appraised the painted stallion.

"The mountains make for good homes for those strong enough to navigate them. Patches of the most vibrant grasses can be found in areas that many... "less fortunate" soquili could never hope to reach without injury." There was no disguising the patronizing note in her voice as she referred to other soquili. "My parents chose this territory well, a land were those who ride the winds can truly be home."

Lady Evelyn Nyht
It sounded like heaven to him. A place away from all he found beneath him and it sounded like she shared the same sentiments. "That is more fortunate. It seems that while I was wandering I was hounded by female groundeds left and right." He flexed his wings in a showy manner as if to state that it was so obvious that any mare would be attracted to him. "But who could blame them."

"It seems as though great minds think alike. I had been roaming this area thinking it was a perfect place to start up a herd. Though I must admit, I'm not one to handle such politics." It was even more fortunate for him that he might have found one to fall in with for the time being.

Sabin Duvert
A show of obvious distaste crossed Maelstrom's face. "Ground mares? Eugh. You poor thing. Why would you speak to those horses?" She spat. "Misguided, weaklings. It would be an atrocity for a stallion of such fine breeding as yours to weaken his bloodlines."

With a mischievous coyness, Maelstrom looked over the territory below them. "Why make the effort to start a herd when there is already a fine one building? Of course, we would never think to invite such weaklings as those who have harassed you. Besides, Balrog and Stormwild have selected a fine territory." Besides, Maelstrom would certainly not object to a stallion like Wild Wind in the herd....

Lady Evelyn Nyht
He snickered and took another step closer to her. "They simple creatures to toy around with." Though he had never actually bedded any of them, it was still nice to hear such concern in case he had made that error. "But nay, I touched not a tail, though the view of the females is very pleasing to the eye. I wish not to repeat the mistakes of my rival and his mate that he picked."

He allowed his brown-blue eyes to follow where Maelstrom looked. The picked area was indeed perfect. He had have never seen it if he hadn't spotted the mare up here. "I might take up on that offer. The worse that can happen is a no."

Sabin Duvert
Maelstrom whinnied a laugh. "They are indeed such simple, poor beasts. I can't imagine why a proud, wind soquili would ever think to take one as a mate." She shook her head. "Unless perhaps that wind soquili's blood was not quite as strong as he let on." She shared a conspiratorial grin with the stallion, who held obvious disdain for this unnamed rival.

"Perhaps he thinks like the ground-bound beasts." Her crimson eyes flashed with amusement.

"But come! Why don't you allow me to take you to meet my father, and you an speak to him about making our home yours as well." She spread her colorful wings in an invitation to lead him to the guardian, and her father.

Lady Evelyn Nyht
He laughed along side her. This was turning out to be quite a pleasant run in. Much better than he had in the past. "'We 'ere ta protect th'm," he said, mimicking Tawali's accent as best as he could. "He was always a fool, even when he was a colt."

He chuckled at his own words and snapped his black and white wings. "Lead on, Maelstrom."

Sabin Duvert
Maelstrom's laugh echoed alongside him. "What foolishness! You protect your own kind - when wind soquili gather, our strength is evident - we do not have to stoop to their level, give up good feeding grounds because of a weak link. Or to risk our own when together, we can defeat any predator - striking from the air!" Pride filled her as she took off, wings lifting her from the ground.

She spiraled, waiting for Wild Wind to take flight, and took off towards the center of the territory where she had last seen Balrog.

Lady Evelyn Nyht
He took off at a gallop and allowed himself to drop from the edge, his wings catching the wind and allowing him to glide after her. A few flaps of his wings to keep the same altitude was all that was required before his white hooves skimmed along the ground. Now that he had an invitation, he allowed himself to look around himself. The sight was as glorious as it had been from above. "Wow."

Sabin Duvert
Maelstrom's ego expanded even more at the stallion's obvious respect for their territory. "It is home." She responded, chipping in an extra note of temptation, even if it was unnecessary at that point in time.

The weather was perfect, the skies perfectly clear to see the lush forest that clung to the sharp cliffs. Trickling crystal rivers cascaded down the slopes, and Maelstrom took a quick detour to skim the running river with the tips of her hooves, showing off. Then, careening at a nearly right angle, she flapped her wings a few times to gain altitude before heading towards a grassy area on another peak where a massive black stallion waited below, tribal markings seemed to burn in his hide that Maelstrom's were an obvious derivation of, and his crimson eyes watched the pair steadily as they approached.

Lady Evelyn Nyht
His grin was large as he took in the rest of the sights, even if the best one was flying in front of him. It was then that he caught sight of Balrog. His smile was quickly removed as he sobered up for this meeting. Here was someone that gave the vibe of authority and respect. This was the same feeling he had from the Protector of his herd. Would he be fit enough to remain in such a peaceful place away from the rest of the populace?

Sabin Duvert
Maelstrom gave Wild Wind one last fleeting encouraging smile before touching down and nuzzling her father in greeting. Taking a place by his side, she let Balrog stride forward to regard the newcomer. "Father, this is Wild Wind. He seeks a herd.."

He lifted his wings as his voice rumbled in his throat. "Wild Wind is it, then?" He looked over the stallion, pausing at the wings with a look of momentary approval before the stern, accessing returned. "You seek a herd, then? You seem to carry strong bloodlines. Unfortunately, there is precious little of such. But... it has been a promising week. " A ghost of a smile graced the stallion's face.

"What do you seek in a herd?"

Lady Evelyn Nyht
The blue and green feather behind his ear moved a bit in the wind as he paused a moment to think. He reflected back on the reasons his parents had first joined their herd. "To protect and be protected." His father had said that very same thing to Wild Wind before he had left home. Strange that those words would ring so true.

He took a deep breath and allowed his body to relax a bit.
"My old herd was nothing but winds soring the skies. They migrated like birds because most of the grounded took the better part of the lands. I left because I detested their philosophy that Winds are meant to be like guardians to the grounded." His voice was thick and heavy with the distaste of that motto he had heard most of his years. Of course, the crime he had done many years ago had finally come out. Why did one dead grounded bring such a high price? She would have been food for the wolves anyways.

Sabin Duvert
Balrog's ears pricked and Wild Wind could sense the approval before Balrog even spoke.

"Your plight is familiar, friend." He whickered. "When wind soquili are burdened to be the protectors of the ground, then it holds back the our potential and leads the ground-horses to a false security. They grow fat and prosper from our work. And it is rarely even appreciated just... expected. I have been building just such a herd - one that is not limited by the weak. One that can reach the most exclusive feeding grounds, the safest spots to raise the foals, and have the protection of the strong."

Balrog looked back to Maelstrom with an approving nod before looking back to Wild Wind. "You are welcome here."

Lady Evelyn Nyht
He couldn't believe his ears at first. He was accepted. He stood there in a few moments of silence, pulling his head towards his chest and looking down at the ground. His gaze darted on different pieces of grass while he grasped the reality around him. When it finally sunk in, he looked into the crimson hues of Balrog. He smiled brightly, "Thank you."

His gaze shifted slightly to Maelstrom. What a stroke of luck. "Thank you, Maelstrom," he said quietly. He finally felt like a piece of himself returned. He was part of a herd. And one that accepted his viewpoint.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:51 am
[Private Roleplay]
Protector [link]

(Finn and Vidia)
November 6, 2007

User Image
User Image

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:52 am
[Private Roleplay]
Seedlings & Flowers Blooming? [link]

(Peony and Nacio)
November 23, 2007

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:13 pm
[Private Roleplay]
Ew, Boys have Cooties [link]

(Ferrao and Vidia)
November 28, 2007

User Image
User Image

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:15 pm
[Private Roleplay]
How do you breath under there? [link]

(Caelyndei and Wild Wind)
December 21, 2007

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:43 pm
[Private Roleplay]
Patience is a Virtue [link]

(AF Final Quest "Journey" and Ever Sacrifice)
December 27, 2007

User Image
User Image

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 am
[Private Roleplay]
Secret Garden [link]

(Peony and Nacio)
January 21, 2008