[ORP] Narrow-Minded Encounter (Wild Wind) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:18 pm
This is an open roleplay for Lady Evelyn Nyht's Wild Wind. Anyone is welcome to join in.
User Image

User Image

User Image

At the base of the mountains in the forest.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:27 pm
User Image No sight of another Wind for months and the medicine hat paint was starting to become a bit disheartened. Clumps of earth were kicked up by his hooves as he ambled on in his morose behavior. The gentle click of his beads didn't even soothe his disappointment.

He let out a sigh as he looked around with bi-colored eyes. This place was probably just as deserted as the rest of the lands. Even though the sounds of birds and insects in the trees would remind him that he was never alone, it didn't have that power over him now. Hopefully he wouldn't have to entertain another ugly mare this time around, even if she was grounded.

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:41 pm
User Image

The mare stared upwards with partially clouded eyes. The tips of the great mountains were visible through the canopy of tangled branches, and it was there that her gaze rested. She had been all over these lands, but never had she ventured up into the mountains. Their cold and desolate climate had not held such a great lure before... but now, when she had traveled so far and not found anything to keep her in one place for any great length of time... she might just go. Even if there were no great surprises lurking in the snow, there was still the possibility of joy.

Anything would be better then this state of utter boredom.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:52 pm
His pierced ear flicked back as he thought he heard the snapping of twigs and rustling of foliage not too far from where he stood. Maybe his luck was finally turning for the better? He made his way through the clusters of trees to where he thought the sound had originated from, pulling his wings tightly to his body.

He stopped when he spotted the dapple gray mare. Pity she was a grounded, but she was beautiful in his eyes so that minor flaw could be over looked.
"Greetings damsel," he said with a low bow of his head.

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:57 pm
The words broke through Evelyn's stream of thought, and she slowly turned to look at the one who had spoken. Her lavender gaze locked upon the form of a winged stallion, and she dipped her own head in response. "My greetings to you." Her voice was soft and smooth, sweet as a lovely caress, and yet holding a hint of sorrow. It would take keen ears indeed to gather so much from a voice.

Her eyes were veiled, hiding a promise of a feisty and fiery mare inside... if anyone could ever find a way to coax that mare out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:29 pm
He didn't even take notice of the tone of her voice and his smile grew even larger as he stepped closer. He learned not to appraise mares openly with his eyes and looked into her gaze. His eyes seemed to sparkle with laughter and a hint of something else that was buried. "It is dangerous for one, such as yourself, to be out alone in the woods."

He moved in front of her and turned his gaze to look up at the icy mountain peeks. "You never know what might be lurking in the shadows especially wolves," he said quietly. He turned his head to the side, looking at her from his single blue eye. "I've even heard rumors of skinwalkers of our kind. Mind if I walk as a guardian for you?"

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:26 pm
Evelyn felt a chill run through her veins at his words; she knew well the dangers that lurked in shadows, waiting for unsuspecting prey to wander by. Skinwalkers, Kalona, those of the lighter races whose hearts held just as much malice...

The chill faded. It seemed that such evil things could not touch her here.

"I would not mind. It would be a pleasure." She smiled softly, peering at him out of the corner of her eye. It was strange to find a stallion who so freely offered his protection... most would be too distracted by staring at the mare to notice the danger lurking behind the nearest bush.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:26 pm
He smiled to himself and instantly pretended to play the hero who would keep the dark beings at bay. He turned his head from one side to the other, listening to the beads click in his mane with the motion. "So you have no stallion that protects you? It is always a steeds rightful duty to protect those around him," he said. He flashed his teeth in a smile.

"Where are you off to, my lady," he asked as his two-toned eyes glanced about the surrounding areas.

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:27 pm
A slight blush formed upon her cheeks, tinting them to a rose-touched grey. "I..." she had met many stallions, but had parted paths with most. They would seem almost to loose interest, discouraged by her lack of encouraging flirtations. "... I do not."

Evelyn shrugged ever so slightly, her shoulder dipping downwards. "I was headed towards the high mountains when I happened across your path." She smiled unsurely, wondering whether her revelation would cause him to retract his offer for protection. Perhaps it would only hold if she was headed to a sunny meadow, free from all danger?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:44 pm
His gazed moved up towards the mountains. There was a look of pride on his face as he had been able to see it all, even areas Grounded couldn't tread. He also knew the best paths for them that would be safe. "Perhaps I can accompany you for the time being through the jeopardous terrain."

He would play the hero, give this mare a taste of what it was like to be guarded by a Wind. His only goal was to have her pining for that which was superior than her own kind. A lesson to teach respect, unless she showed it properly the entire time. He was, after all, a Wind.

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Malhyanth

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:49 am
User Image

Uwoduhi'Suli had been making her sole way back towards her family teepee when she had picked up the sound of a familiar, yet distant voice. It had a slight twang, like her father's, which could only signify one other that she knew of her father's old herd this side of the great mountains. She stopped, a slight frown marring her calm, impassive face. Curiosity had always been her downfall, and usually, she would have walked on past, but something about the tone of his voice niggled at her very being. 'Suli knew his temperment somewhat from her father's ravings about him, but somehow, her soul ached to find out if the Wild Wind she had heard of was truely the detestable soul her father found him to be.

She turned her course of direction more northward and followed the track up toward the mountainous lowlands. Her mismatched eyes cast about slowly, as slow as her stalking, in the hope of catching some glimpse of the fabled Wild Wind. The voices grew closer, and as she pushed through the last of the undergrowth to his hiding place, she spotted the pair. The mare with him was of most admirable beauty, all dappled and snow like to Uwoduhi'Suli's mind, what with winter approaching so fast, it was all she could think of these days! As for he, well, he was much different from her father in most ways! His patched body was rather intriguing to the eye, but the most noticable similarity were those feathers. Those bright bright feathers and the dreamcatcher. Yes, there was no mistaking those.

"Ah woul' not trust this fella so easily, unegaeusti uwodu. Some say he is no'h as he appears." Uwoduhi'Suli smiled amicably at the Wind before her. Her own mismatched eyes noted his. Perhaps it was a trait of their old herd heritage. She was glad, in a way, she had inherited it. She turned her steady, calm gaze to the mare and smiled kindly. "He seems quite the gentleman, asehi?" Ruffling the feather's of her wings, 'Suli lowered her head in greeting to the mare. "Uwoduhi'Suli at ye service, agelv. Prey, what sweet nothin's does he pour inte ye ear te make ye trust so easily?"

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:47 pm
His black ears gave a twitch at the sound of another's approach. He turned his body slightly with a rather large grin on his face and a sparkle of humor in his bicolored eyes. "Sweet nothings? I'm merely explaining the dangers that lie..." he trailed off when he finally caught a glimpse of the mare.

He stood there in mild shock because she was indeed a beauty, but her coloring was very similar to the mare he had encountered during the summer. It dawned on him quickly that he was staring at the full-grown offspring of Tawali and Ever Sacrifice, at least one of them. His shock immediately changed into anger. He should have stuck around and stomped on those newborns the first chance he got.

"So one of Tawali's brood has decided to tempt fate. My, my. Haven't you grown into a lovely Wind. Too bad your bloodline is too tainted for me to even want to sample you."

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

Malhyanth

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:20 pm
User Image

Uwoduhi'Suli hardly even blinked at the male's jibe. She had expected it from her father's ravings, though she did feel, deep down, the stirrings of some emotion very new and strange to her. It burned in her chest and hardened her mismatched eyes, the green and blue becoming slightly icy in their mild mannered glance over the Paint that stood before them. He posed no threat to her, she felt no fear of him. She all but chuckled at him.

"Fate? Nvya? Ye dare tell me Ah tempt fate?" She laughed softly and shook her head slowly, smiling all the while with the same, calm, well mannered smile. "Me blood is no more tainted then ye're's is. If'n anything, it is ye that is tainted. Tainted wi'h prejudice." She looked sedately to the mare and motioned with her wing at the stallion, acting, for all the world, like he wasn't there in that moment.

"Ye see, aglev, this'n here is a stallion tha' believes himself te be above all, jus' 'cos he is a Wind. Ahh, ye might say, aren't ye one te? O'course Ah is, bu'h me Etsi was a wingless. A beauty to behold, and tamed my Doda to the ground. He," She finally looked at the paint again, her smile faultering a little. "Believes me tainted. Dirtied." She took a step toward Wild Wind, circling him, eyeing him like a wolf. "Ye shouldn' trust this'n so easy. He would wish ye harm. So, Wild Wind. Ye wouldn' want te 'sample me' as ye so delicately put it. Trust me stallion." She came to a stand still in front of him, mismatched as cold as she looked down her nose at him.

"Ah would not want te be 'sampled' by ye. Ye know, Ah thought mayhap, this long runnin' argument ye had wi'h me Doda wouldn' span to his family, yet obviously, Ah was wrong. Ah don' know what it is ye have against me Doda, te be honest, Ah don' care, but ye should learn te get over it. Ye are nowt but pathetic, stallion." 'Suli snorted at him, before moving away, eyes narrowed. She disliked the emotion building in her. It tasted sour on her tongue, but she found that his stallion was just so detestable. What was it that stopped him from being able to see past her father's blood, and her mother's winglessness. Surely if her father was able to love a wingless, it was possible for this stallion to see past it. After all, they had come from the same herd originally, hadn't they? Turning her eyes to the mare, she bowed her head.

"Forgive me intrusion, ulilohi agelv. Ah believe it a bad representation of me kind te allow this fraud te wrong ye. None deserve that. Prejudice is a dreadful thing in a creature." She looked at the stallion pointedly, her face set less friendly toward him. It upset her that he was unable to see past his own imperfections to see the truth in other soquili, past the exterior and into the true heart, for all soquili were the same inside. She herself had learnt that early enough. Why couldn't he?

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:03 am
He barked with laughter as his rival's offspring wound down in her tirade. His mirth shook him from head to hoof. This was all too funny. It seemed as though the idealistic theories of his old herd had been passed on. This was all so trivial.

Well, now that his true face had been revealed, there was little point for him to continue the facade. He turned his attention from the grounded mare, uncaring what she thought of him now.
"Do you feel noble for coming te protect the weak now," he asked, his accent coming out mildly from this brief encounter. "You do nowt know anything 'bout the rivalry between your father, myself, and our old herd. And ye prattle on 'bout how I should 'get over it.'" He gave a snort as he moved away from the pair. So naive.

"I'm certain it's safe 'nough te assume that your father told ye the old stories of our kind; how we were protectors of the 'horses?' Have you ever wondered why we're such rare beasts, the Winds? Because we've given our lives te these weaklings. Our lineage has been thinned by breeding with Grounded, like ye parents," he spat.

He stretched out his wings wide, showing that he was indeed a superior creature. The wind gently caressed the black and white feathers before he tucked them to his flanks.
"It's high time our race started te think 'bout themselves. It's time to strengthen the breed before we're all bound to the earth. Would ye fare knowing you were te be tethered for life?"

Evening Night

Distinct Explorer

Malhyanth

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:35 am
User Image

Uwoduhi'Suli glowered at the other Wind. His words were harsh, and she could hardly bear to hear them. She turned her face from him, eyes tight closed. What he spoke of was surely untrue, but as she thought, the majority of her meetings had been with grounded. How was she to know whether they had Wind blood in them and had simply not shown it. The only reason Vidia could possibly be identified as Wind brood was because her colouring was so similar to her father's. Any soquili that had met him would surely recognise his daughter. It was the same with her and her mother. She lowered her head a little, turning a burning mismatched gaze back at the stallion proudly presenting his feathers to her. Then again, if all pure Winds were as big headed as this oaf, surely it was worth while being with a wingless mate. Was it not true of her parents? They were happy, regardless of their breed.

"Ye're wrong stallion. Ye have a warped sense of who we are. There is no shame in the mixin' of our bloodlines. Doda is happy with Etsi. Ye can see it in ev'ry gaze and ev'ry smile they share. Do ye have that stallion? Somehow, Ah doubt it." She looked at him with an enquiring eye for a moment. "Yes. Doda has told me of ye're rivalry, though te me, it seems petty and silly to continue it as ye do. He is a much purer Wind then ye're if this story ye speak of is the truth. He still protects an' he still loves. What ye're doing is disrespectful te our race."

User Image

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces